Comments

• Seqwi
    Seqwi Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2020
    Options

Steam account: Seqwi

PC

about 6p.m. GMT (Poland)

I got an issue, game is crashing every time i want to open it. I cannot play it now, but in August I had no such a problem. It shows me this kind of logs:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000009

nvapi64 {0x0000000000000000} + 1238835 bytes

nvapi64 {0x0000000000000000} + 1198229 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 83964182 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 47746555 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 47887846 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 31953020 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 70662837 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 58173001 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 70602120 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 70631513 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 41896659 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 58291202 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 58292515 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 43270459 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 43248001 bytes

kernel32 {0x0000000000000000} + 94164 bytes

ntdll {0x0000000000000000} + 315073 bytes

Please, help

• themoonshiner
    themoonshiner Member Posts: 7
    Options

PC

America

10:49 Am

Just had this happen for the first time since I started playing again with a friend, from leaving from this happening and got a 2 minute ban. Was in the middle of a game, restarted game immediately so I don't have the logs. No connection issues with discord or any other site including was still logged into steam.

• themoonshiner
    Options

PC

America

11:46 AM

Second time, right at the start of a match, still logged into steam, discord still working, wasn't even lagging before hand again. I don't know how long the dc thing is for this time I'm taking a break since your game is broken.

• Mz_Sheraphina
    Mz_Sheraphina Member Posts: 1
    Options

PC, Vic Australia. approx 2000hrs on the 15/10. Game DC when playing as doc. Get DC matchmaking ban.... Not my fault if the game DC and then i get banned for it.... this NEEDS to be changed. find another way to give out penalties to people who rage quit like don't have an exit game option. Program crashes every time i play Doc or Freddy as killer or if i am a survivor playing against Doc or Freddy. This needs to be fixed. I'll be soon looking to move onto a new game as this is highly frustrating now that there is a penalty for DC.... Not happy. Unable to get log as i already re-loaded game.

• themoonshiner
    Options

PC

America

10:18 AM - for the log file. To follow up on the above persons comment, the killer was doc in this game. I was on a gen, pretty early to start of the map when I crashed.

Also; don't have the log file for it, because I was just tilted of it happening again but I dced before the match started three or four other times last night. No lag issues with any other client.

• freebritney
    freebritney Member Posts: 1
    Options

I have had this problem for weeks, and today every time I tried to play a survivor, someone random on my team fell out of the game seconds after it started. I can't play survivor anymore.

• NaturalHurdle70
    NaturalHurdle70 Member Posts: 41
    Options

The same ######### is happening to me they didn’t fix it and when you get booted. You lose a pip it’s fuking stupid.

• leenabobeena
    leenabobeena Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2020
    Options
    • PC
    • USA (Texas)
    • For about a week or so now I've been disconnecting at least once per day but now more frequently where it's every game. Played 3 games today and got 3 disconnects. Latest disconnect was 10/21/2020 at about 1:30PM

This is the only game that keeps crashing/disconnecting. I play Fall Guys, Phasmophobia, PUBG, etc fine but when I switch to play DBD I would keep randomly disconnecting in the middle of the game. We thought it was maybe because the game was on my hard drive so we made the switch yesterday to have it on my SSD card but I am still disconnecting. I would be in the middle of the game, see a gray screen, and then can do nothing. I get no pop-up or messages, just a gray screen with the last sound I heard in-game. Each time I crash, I would check the integrity of my files and it would always say it's successful. I have no idea what the issue is because my internet is fine, all the other games are fine, and I disconnect on every survivor/killer I play. I honestly don't know how many more DCs I can get before I get banned and this stinks because I just bought the new Feng Min outfit and the new Rift pass and can't even use or play the game. Please help me. xx Leena

11/1/2020 edit: My husband switched my graphics card and it started performing a lot better with no more crashes.

Post edited by leenabobeena on
  • iChxrly2556
    iChxrly2556 Member Posts: 3
    Options

•PS4

•México 4:22pm

•Since I have the game (a year ago) I do not know why I have always had these disconnection errors and with the update recently more errors are generated, I hope they can fix it soon because I love to play the game but I can only play

like 1 time a week for these connection errors, thank you for your attention.

• sharkster13
    sharkster13 Member Posts: 235
    Options
    • PC/Steam
    • Croatia
    • Datetime frame: 24.10.2020 0:22 - 0:23
    • Logs & info:

Disconnect occured once I completed the first gen at Mothers Dwelling. I was doing a gen solo, Bill came over while the Huntress was chasing him and helped me finish the gen. Once the gen got to 100%, I continued repearing and then I suddenly got a DC with a ban. It said the Killer disconected, but my friends stayed in the game with the killer. I didn't continue playing casue I was scared it would happen again. I was trying to complete a selected tome challenge called "Risky repairs".

Note: Log was 60MB, so I split it in 3 zip files and changed extensions so it could upload. Remove zip extensions for z01 and z02 to have access to the log. Correct would be DeadByDaylight.z01 and DeadByDaylight.z02

• Insanity
    Insanity Member Posts: 23
    Options

PC

New England, USA

Today at 1:56 PM (roughly)

My logs keep coming out Chinese, so I don't exactly know if I can put them here with it coming out right ?? I'll try and be really descriptive.

This is the first time I have ever encountered this, but it was very strange. I was playing against a Blight as Feng Min on the Blood Lodge map (if that really makes a difference?), and we had 2 gens left. I was repairing the second to last gen when it suddenly disconnected me and came up with, "SERVER - Match lost connection" or something like that. It said the killer dc'd and I escaped, and I was then given a 5-minute dc penalty for something beyond my control. I hope this doesn't happen again, as that was incredibly annoying. I really hope this gets fixed, but as I said before, this was the first time I've ever encountered this.

• kurtuk
    kurtuk Member Posts: 2
    Options

I will randomly have the game just hang in the middle of an action. Everything keeps going on around me like the killer moving,etc. If im in the middle of pulling someone off the hook they see strange video glitches of me floating around,etc until the game resyncs sometimes up to 30 seconds or so later at which point the killer has taken advantage of the inaction to kill me but he cant pick me up until I resync with the game and my actions like unhooking will complete if I keep my mouse button held down. I did a verify on files and it redownloaded 436mb file but then just as I thought the next match was going perfectly it occurred when I paused next to a pallet and couldnt move for just a few seconds maybe 5 or so. I was playing Meg and Bill when this occurred on NA servers. It occurred when standing by a pallet, several times as I vaulted a window fast and slow and twice when unhooking. It was on 4 different maps I have crashed. It not only kills the game but it turns off my internet for a short time as well but just until the issue stops in game but even that is not consistent as sometimes I can just start opening a web page right away and I have not always had discord open. Ok thats about all I can think of now. Hopefully it gets fixed because I keep losing every match and cant play with friends at all.

• Rizer
    Rizer Member Posts: 95
    Options

This bug is happening again.

I don't know where the crash log is located, don't care either, I shouldn't have to do work to locate such a thing on a game that's been working perfectly fine and now isn't.

Getting random crashes half way through matches, has happened 4 times in a row now, my DC penalty is up to 15 minutes... so I can basically play half a match every 15 minutes now... this is ridiculous. Fix your garbage game please.

• WhiteWeasel
    WhiteWeasel Member Posts: 2
    Options

PC

EU,Poland

This error happened just now (I didn't start a new game).

What happened:

1. I tried to use terror radius but it has stopped loading (in like 30%) and became 0%
    2. Terror radios progress bar left on my screen on 0%. I wasn't holding any button. I tried to click Ctrl couple of times - didn't work. I could walk.
    3. I tried to hit survivor but I couldn't (empty terror radius progress bar was still on my screen). The animation didn't happened.
    4. I started to go round in circles to show survivors that I am glitched (I couldn't perform any attack)
    5. Game was disconnected
    6. I GOT BANNED FOR 5 MINUTES.

I perfectly understand that game because of the bug was forced to disconnected my match but It should recognise when It is my fault and when it is not. 

• BubbaInASuit
    BubbaInASuit Member Posts: 10
    Options

Windows Store

Mexico

Whenever i try to join a game I get back to the lobby with the “disconnected from host” message , I can’t play anything.

that isn’t my video but explains it perfectly

• iiidefaultiii
    iiidefaultiii Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2020
    Options

Please fix

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606
    Options

PS4, Mid-USA. 11P-2A EST.

Game crashes repetitively as killer but ONLY as Huntress. Perhaps this is sheer coincidence however. My run today consisted of 19 games, the 3 I did as Huntress got me all disconnected. I don’t mind the depips, they’re too easy to reobtain, but the auto-bans cut my run short this evening.

• ineedsleep
    ineedsleep Member Posts: 24
    Options

I feel you. It’s gotten to the point for me where I get 24 HOUR PENALTIES! It’s ridiculous and needs to be resolved. But honestly this could link to the current issues on PS4.

• Jasonsfar
    Jasonsfar Member Posts: 68
    Options

I get at least one crash a day even thoug i validate my gamefiles before i start playing, I’ getting tired of the dbd jail time

• sabrinaparty
    sabrinaparty Member Posts: 3
    Options

I've been consistently having other survivors join the game while already disconnected, ending the match about a minute in. We load into the trial like normal, but one or two people (sometimes all three other survivors) aren't moving as if they're afk. After about a minute, the game displays that one of the survivors disconnected and ends the trail with Match Cancelled Error Code: 500. It's been nearly every game, but there have been a few normal matches in between. I've probably played 20 matches and maybe 2 have been normal out of those. I haven't really seen anyone posting about this, and this never happened to me before the event started. I was wondering if anyone also had this, or if it was a known issue.

• USA
    • Starting Oct 27 through 29 and continuing; various times in the afternoon

• MenMOri
    MenMOri Member Posts: 3
    Options

Usually they are the console ones, deactivate the crossplay, I don't have that problem anymore. they should ban for some weeks.

• lowkey_me
    lowkey_me Member Posts: 1
    Options

I need to wait 48 hours for this matchmaking ban to finish so im going to stop playing dead by daylight because everytime i get into a game i disconnect from my wifi then when it sends me back to the loading screen reconnects back to the wifi, is there anyone i can speak to or email?

• LadyKandomere
    LadyKandomere Member Posts: 35
    edited October 2020
    Options

Steam/pc

Netherlands

15:00 GMT+1, 31-10-2020

At the time of disconnect i was co-op healing someone that just got unhooked.

• SpaceDuck
    SpaceDuck Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2020
    Options

All five of these DC's incurred in penalties. I've wasted days with this #########. VERY glad I didn't buy an AC pack if all I'm gonna do is get penalized.

• Playing PC via Steam
    • US Northeast
    • Times: Evening (est) on 10/30/2020, and most recently 11/1/2020 at approx 1:10 and 1:45 AM

Incident 1: Backwater Swamp, playing ghostface. Went to kick generator with survivor working on it. Immediate DC with penalty. Using ghost face, pustula petals, can't recall add-ons.

Incident 2: Crotus Penn Asylum, as Trapper. went to pull character out of locker. Immediate DC with penalty. Using ghost face, no offering, add-ons were chewed pen and olsen's address book. BONUS: here's me DCing recording on Twitch: https://clips.twitch.tv/GleamingFilthyPterodactylDoggo

Incident 3: Red Forest, playing Trapper, went to pull a survivor off a generator. Immediate DC, immediate 15 minute penalty.

*At this point I un/reinstalled DBD on a separate hard drive in case the drive was failing. Went well for a few games, but then...

Incident 4: Glenvale. Playing as Dwight. Was repairing a generator watching a doctor chase my team around, and DC'd.

Incident 5: Autohaven. Playing as Dwight. Was being chased by Ghost Face, noticed he kept running into a wall, went back over to see if it was an elaborate troll. DC'd.

The biggest unfortunate part about this isn't the massive time sink, it's that all five of these games were going extremely well in my favor. If I'm gonna be penalized for playing the game, I don't see why I don't take the chance with a bp farm bot and offering boosting services, because I'd like my ######### money back if I can't play the game anymore.

Here are logs for the first three crashes. The fourth (and presumably fifth) crash log is 60MB so here's a dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2d96bejb5awuqf/DeadByDaylight_fourth.log?dl=0

Thanks for the bloodhunt I can't participate in.

• Acimo33
    Acimo33 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Je joue sur xbox one sous le nom de AkA Acrimo, et je joue en France (Gironde) sa fait 3 jours que j'ai le jeu et déjà la 4 ème fois que je me fais bannir , sa me quitte de la partie en me disant que j'ai plus de connexion internet alors que ma connexion fonctionne trèd bien résultat 1 heure de banissement sa serai bien de faire quelque chose car j'ai pas acheter un jeu pour me faire bannir à cause d'un bug. J'espère sa sera régler demain.

• Filamenn
    Filamenn Member Posts: 1
    Options

PC EUROPE 4.11.2020 1:07

Always can play like one game per day, than getting error code 500 in loading to the game. Happening since patch 4.2.0

• txc
    txc Member Posts: 1
    Options

Platform: PC

Region: US EAST

Timeframe: 04-11-2020 ~7:50PM

• SpaceDuck
    SpaceDuck Member Posts: 6
    Options

PC, US East, Haddonfield as Ghost face, was picking up a survivor from the generator. Here's my sixth log since October 30th.

• KyloRen
    KyloRen Member Posts: 25
    Options

Platform: Switch

Region: North America

I've had this problem now twice in a row once as killer and now survivor

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334
    Options

Steam/Australia/5 minutes ago

Half way through my game i randomly get an error message after I'm forced disconnect. After the D/C occurred I received my daily (escape with Jeff) but also received a 5min d/c penalty????

Can you cancel the D/C penalties already, so sick of your broken game punishing me.

• Patde33
    Patde33 Member Posts: 16
    Options

My game has been crashing at random times when the match first starts for both killer and survivor. The camera will pan then the audio will glitch and the game will freeze and crash. Each time I get a D.C. penalty and as it’s happened about 4 times in the past two days I had to wait 27 minutes before I could keep playing. I am on Xbox. I had to end my stream when it happened this last time.

• wig
    wig Member Posts: 18
    Options

I am in the U.K. and this happens daily. There are odd variations of it, sometimes I lose pips, sometimes I am banned from matchmaking sometimes I’m not. Today I got the error message that my session has expired and this is supposedly why I was disconnected. The game seems to be very confused. But it sucks that I keep getting disconnected for no reason and punished for it and then other player think I did it on purpose. Please fix this

• Frgoniziz
    Frgoniziz Member Posts: 4
    Options

Platform: PC/Steam

Region: Brasil/Natal

I always get error 500 when trying to start a game. Before the game worked correctly, however after a few updates it stopped. Yes, I already reinstalled the game and cleared the Steam download cache. I have a friend who uses the same internet and the game has no problem, so I think it's not the internet.

• Nikatara69
    Nikatara69 Member Posts: 273
    Options

Steam

Europe

Yesterday I got loaded in game and I started doing gen then its started been glitch and kicking off from game, lost my pipes as well, fix the game, link for video included https://twitter.com/Nikatara_69/status/1325449693074247685?s=09

• wig
    wig Member Posts: 18
    Options

Once again today have received this error whilst in a match. Disconnected me from game, lost a pip and got barred from matchmaking. This is happening way too often and it is making it impossible to progress.

• MoonlitHime
    MoonlitHime Member Posts: 1
    Options

So I was working on a gen in the game when it bugged out, said i escaped but all survivors was in game and killer disconnected I leave to find that I was given a penalty in the game.

• angeljaw
    angeljaw Member Posts: 2
    Options

Same man 2xs in the last two days. I made a post about this too

• KapedAvenger
    KapedAvenger Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2020
    Options

November 19th at 4:56 P.M. Pacific Standard Time

PC

British Columbia

Was cleansing a totem when all of a sudden my game froze. I was then taken to the endgame match screen, where I received the message "You have been disconnected from the host", and saw this post-game match summary

This is the second time that this has happened today, and I have now recieved a 6-hour matchmaking ban because of it. Fix your game please, because I don't particularly enjoy being punished for the bugs in your game.

• cebu1234567
    cebu1234567 Member Posts: 2
    Options

PC

Malaysia

It said 'I was disconnected from host', my internet was good, this is occurring every day and every time I played this games.

• TAW012294
    TAW012294 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    • PC
    • US Central
    • just now (11/30 around 1:30am)

Internet connection is fine, I was grouped with a couple survivors, and they remained in the game and the Discord call, while I stayed in the call but not the game. Very annoying bug, happens too often.

• TAW012294
    TAW012294 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Can this stop ######### happening?

2:23am today.

• Ezyb0nes
    Ezyb0nes Member Posts: 1
    Options

So I disconnect from any game I try get into. I went to play used my engineers toolbox spare part and another item with my birthday cake slice from Halloween and as soon as the game started it buzzed at me like it was frozen then disconnected back to the Xbox home screen, thinking this was a one time thing I tried again with my Alex’s toolbox another spare part and a third less important item and it buzzed again and disconnected. I’m about to try a third time but this sucks I’m losing items and can’t play? My game is updated as much as it can be so idk why this keeps happening

• Breezy_Wheezy
    Breezy_Wheezy Member Posts: 5
    Options

Get dcd every killer game and keep getting matchmaking banned. Unplayable

• FiteMeL0ser
    FiteMeL0ser Member Posts: 2
    Options
    • Xbox One
    • North America
    • December 5th 7:30 pm EST Approx.
    • it was actually an entire game crash but I got a disconnection penalty as well so I think it counts? It happened on father campbell’s chapel against the twins. I hit a great skill check and the game crashed.

• BlazBlue
    BlazBlue Member Posts: 1
    Options

keep getting band due to constent crashing due to this error Clean install didn`t fix think its on the games end. anyone got a solid fix i did most of what was recommended and nothing helped so yeah think its on the games end.

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x184fae00

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 62926953 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 62926792 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 62917577 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 57223703 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 53912640 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 57225200 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 57185529 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 46716067 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 63178466 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 63179779 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 48115627 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 48084497 bytes

kernel32 {0x0000000000000000} + 94260 bytes

ntdll {0x0000000000000000} + 315601 bytes

• Kiralex
    Kiralex Member Posts: 1
    Options

Platform : Steam

Region : Asia, Kazakhstan

Date: 1-7 Dec 2020 any time

Log : Attached

Internet: Broadband 100Mbps

Random crashes of the game started after patch 4.4.0 Before the update, this was not the case. This also affects the enabled browser. If it is enabled, the browser also crashes along with the game. This is very strange and this has never happened before.

• Tomie3213
    Tomie3213 Member Posts: 38
    Options

I'm getting the, "Disconnected from Host," issue. The killer stops moving and I think they've disconnected but then I'm kicked from the game and get a DC penalty.

• evillow76
    evillow76 Member Posts: 2
    Options

This is 2 days in a row I've been in a game and was disconnected and penalized for it I'm in North America on a PS4 on a wired connection. It especially sucks when you are up against a rank 1 killer and fixing to be the only survivor left then boom disconnected.

• TheLovelyTerminator
    Options

Steam

Australia

I got disconnected from 2 matches, first when I was about to fix a generator and the second time while I was dropping a pallet. Game froze both times, then kicked me back to the menu. First time the menu was broken and had no buttons or characters in the background, second time the game closed itself after I got back into the menu. Not an internet issue either, since that was working fine.

Pretty pissed off since I got penalised both times and went from 5.2 back to 6.1. Pretty #########' unfair.

This discussion has been closed.