BHVR thanks for forcing me into crossplay

Options

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited November 2020
    Options

Gee considering that I can't play on Xbox Series X without turning ON crossplay is kinda forcing me to play crossplay. I literally have to crossplay with other Xbox players. The fact the game even launched in this state is unacceptable. Don't even mention the C word.

Also the fact that more and more people are switching over makes my non-crossplay pool smaller and smaller over time, which eventually means the only way I can ever find a game is to turn on crossplay. In other words I am FORCED to turn it on to play.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

You're playing on a platform that has a smaller player base that's really not of behaviour forcing you to play crossplay

• thesuicidefox
    Options

No I didn't pretty much say that actually.

You assumed that from my tone, which I'm angry because of my situation not because of other players.

• thesuicidefox
    edited November 2020
    Options

I still never said I was better. Some players though do very stupid things, and it's consistently the same stupid thing based on the platform. Has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with people doing their own thing and not thinking about the overall effect they have on the game.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

Why does a reason matter?

This is exactly what bullying is. You are being thought police by telling me I can't think how I want or play the game how I want.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    edited November 2020
    Options

I didn't say that you were a better player either,but you definetely called people from other plattfroms "potatoes and trolls".

And exactly that just isn't plattform specific.That's just your experience and not BHVRs fault for adding crossplay the way it is.

• Kjetrr
    Kjetrr Member Posts: 43
    Options

Usually, when I complain about something, I have a reason to do so. It is normal that people will ask for reasons, especially when you say that you might get banned when stating them.

And where did I say that you can't think how you want? I literally said that most people don't care whether you play with crossplay on or off.

If you feel that people stating an opinion means that they try to 'thought police' you, maybe going on a forum for *discussions* maybe isn't the best choice.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    Options

I don't really understand why if I turn it off, I can't be matched with other Xbox players that have it on? Why do both sides require it to be turned off to matchmake? Has a dev ever explained what the tech limitation there is?

• thesuicidefox
    edited November 2020
    Options

WHY DOES IT MATTER WHY I WANT IT OFF?

I should be able to turn it off, for one, on Series X and I shouldn't be penalized for having it off normally with longer wait times. It should prioritize your own platform first and only crossplay if it needs to.

The fact so many of ignore what my actual complaint is and instead focus on "why you no crossplay?" instead is why I turn off crossplay.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906
    edited November 2020
    Options

nobody forced you into nothing

Post edited by Mandy on
  • thesuicidefox
    edited November 2020
    Options

1) This is not about people caring if I play with or without crossplay. IDGAF. I want it off. Period. Right now I CANNOT TURN IT OFF because I need it on to play on Xbox Series X. Which means I'm literally forced to play with it on. Also (normally) because I can't match with other Xbox players that have it on, it just shrinks my player pool and makes my wait time longer. I am therefore forced to play if I want to find games sometimes regardless of my Series X issue.

2) Nearly every single person in this thread has responded to my not wanting crossplay on instead of actually reading my comment and understanding the situation. Again IDGAF what you think, I want it off. I can't do that. Yet everyone wants to question why I want it off and shame/bully me for it and make assumptions about what I said about players on other platforms. The WHY shouldn't matter, my complaints are valid. The game should prioritize matching players on the same platform and only use crossplay if necessary to fill slots faster.

3) Again my reason shouldn't matter. I'm keeping them vague because if I actually said what I was thinking I'd get banned. Not gonna even bother when it's not even the point of the conversation.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    Options

A complaint is only valid if you give a valid reason for it.

The why SHOULD matter,because why would BHVR want to change it if it's already working fine?

• thesuicidefox
    Options

Dude just read this thread. Almost every new post is "why don't you want crossplay?" No one cares about my actual complaint. Like 2 people said something like "gee I'm sorry this is happening to you they should fix it/improve crossplay".

But yea you guys are totally not bullying or shaming me for wanting to play how I want. Nope not at all. Oh and you're also not bullying me to tell you why too, again irrelevant to the conversation.

• thesuicidefox
    edited November 2020
    Options

IT. DOES. NOT. MATTER. WHY. I. WANT. CROSSPLAY. OFF.

It doesn't. End of story. Stop asking I'm not going to tell you. It has nothing to do with my complaint.

I want it off. I can't turn it off on Series X. And I'm punished for having it turned off regardless of the Series X issue. These last 2 shouldn't be things. I should be able to turn it off and not be penalized for it.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

Yea reason: I want crossplay off. I can't do that. That's it.

It's literally irrelevant to the conversation.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

Xbox never had long queue times. It has long queue times now that the crossplay is on.

It especially benefits PS4 players. PS4 had the longest queue time, ever. It's got much better now at the expense of Xbox players.

Being on Xbox, I wish crossplay never existed. It only hurts Xbox players in favor of other platforms.

• thesuicidefox
    Options
  • thesuicidefox
    edited November 2020
    Options

"I want crossplay off"

Except that's not my complaint.

My COMPLAINT is that I have to turn on crossplay to play on the Xbox Series X. Even with other Xbox players.

My COMPLAINT is that this game was completely unplayable for 4 days after the Xbox Series X came out. This is like major #########, how this even got to release is unacceptable.

My COMPLAINT is that because matchmaking doesn't allow Xbox players with crossplay on to play with Xbox players that have crossplay off matchmaking times were seriously hurt on Xbox. I shouldn't be punished for not using an optional feature.

Why I want it off has NOTHING to do with my complaints. I want it off, it doesn't matter why, but I can't turn it off without being punished somehow.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

I mean I literally can't turn off crossplay. If I do my game doesn't work.

• thesuicidefox
    edited November 2020
    Options

"At this point, being able to turn crossplay off is the optional feature, not the other way around."

LOL so then you admit I am forced to play crossplay. Bravo. Not a bully at all.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,545
    Options

How are you coming to that conclusion?

i am saying that crossplay turned on is the default mechanic and being able to turn it off is an optional feature.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

An optional feature I can't use.

Therefore I am forced into crossplay.

• Kjetrr
    Kjetrr Member Posts: 43
    Options

And that is why people keep asking you why you want to turn it off.

You complain about the way the game is intended to be played by the devs and don't give a reason why. If you don't want to give a reason why you can't play the game like everyone else does and want to be catered to, then don't complain because nothing will change.

• Mooks
    Options

It’s not BHVR that forces you but the (missing) playerbase. You can’t really talk about force here.

the feature is there and you can use it. And all other platforms show that it is functioning.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

The playerbase wouldn't be missing if BHVR didn't separate them from the other players on Xbox. If all crossplay did was fill in spots and speed up matchmaking when you need it I'd be fine, but as it stands you are just in a completely different pool.

So yes, BHVR is literally forcing me into crossplay by making it so I can't play with other people on my platform instead of doing what other game's do and prioritize your platform first, then fill in the rest with crossplayers.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

"And that is why people keep asking you why you want to turn it off."

IRRELEVANT TO THE CONVERSATION.

I typed it big to make an impression. Why does it matter why I want it off? I want it off but I can't turn it off, and even when I can turn it off I'm punished for turning it off.

How you guys can even argue against this is astounding.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    edited November 2020
    Options

I agree its pretty stupid to not let people get matched with people who have it on still. Its artficially increasing queue time. On top of that for window store they can't play with steam store if they have it off despite being on the same platform... Its stupid.

As for why people play with it off:

In my experience console players are very unreliable and too many have bad internet. I assume because they're using a wifi connection instead of ethernet. Which is further made an issue with the fact I can't see what other people's connections look like in the match.

In short: The way the devs implemented crossplay is stupid and people should quit defending it.

• Mooks
    edited November 2020
    Options

But imagine this: other Xbox players turn off crossplay because they don’t want to play against platforms with better performance (eg PC).

and i am making a huge assumption now and may be wrong but: next gen Xbox also has better performance for this game. So there are many Xbox players you wanna screw over their optional feature just because... and there we are. No reason. Just because of you. Nothing else.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

I completely agree. I play PS4, PC and Xbox.

Unless ppl played on Xbox before and after the crossplay, they would never understand.

My favorite platform for dbd was Xbox due to the great queue times. Now Xbox players suffer at the expense of other platforms, especially the PS4.

PS4 survivor queue time use to be like 20 mins. Now it's only 8 or so mins.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

No one turns on crossplay to play with players on other platforms and not their own. They do it for faster que times. Whether or not you have it on shouldn't prevent you from matching on your OWN platform. It should prioritize your platform first.

Also I am still on the Xbox platform. I shouldn't be prevented from playing with other Xbox players. Performance and everything else is irrelevant if I'm on the same platform. I bought an Xbox to play on Xbox Live, not on Xbox Live sorta but not really.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    Options

It matters because you want to get it changed.

Sounds the same like i would say "SPIRIT IS OP".Doesn't matter why i think it is like that.I just don't want to play against her but i can't.

• thesuicidefox
    edited November 2020
    Options

No it doesn't matter. It shouldn't work this way to begin with.

I want it change to what is a reasonable implementation of an OPTIONAL feature. The way it's in the game I'm forced to use it. As it stands I am punished for not using it.

Like for real it shouldn't separate you completely from your own platform. No one on PC has ever said "boy I sure do wish I could play with nothing but PS4 players all day". MF'er buy a PS4 then.

• ScreamingFeng
    ScreamingFeng Member Posts: 26
    Options

Actually I kinda feel you

It's small and a preference thing, but I kinda liked the times when everybody could communicate via chat because they were playing on a keyboard and not on controllers, the occasional salt and the occasional wholesomeness were part of the experience to me. Now depending on how bad the lobby I get is I just feel like I'm playing with bots because nobody can say a thing; we can't argue, we can't laugh with each other, we can't exchange discord ids to get to know each other better and eventually become friends... And I can't just turn it off either - I'm in South America and not enough people have turned it off to fill lobbies. That means I get sent to NA servers in which I have really high ping if I want to play with only PC players.

If only it was off by default so that only people who want it have to do play with other platforms... Not enough people would have it on for it to be a justifiable feature in the first place. So they just force everyone in. I honestly hate how they do stuff sometimes.

• Slendy4321
    Slendy4321 Member Posts: 605
    edited November 2020
    Options

I'm pretty sure if they have an Xbox Series X then they know about crossplay.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    Options

nothing in my post was even directed at you, it was about the crossplay limitations themselves.. so i dont know why you lumped my response with the other guy's and proceeded to capslock my face

This discussion has been closed.