A reminder than Decisive Strike makes Killer gameplay atrocious.

Options
2»

Comments

• Cable2486
    Cable2486 Member Posts: 249
    Options

This right here. I play the game just the other night where I down and hooked one, they got rescued and I went after the rescuer, Who had borrowed time and was there for a bigger priority. I down and hook them, and the previously mentioned Survivor comes back and gets down before they manage to rescue their teammate.

At this point, the original Survivor then crawls near the hook waiting for me to pick them up. now let me be clear that it's extremely obvious this person has DS, and is waiting for me to pick them up so they can stab me, rescue their friend, and allow both of them to get away. So instead I ignore the person on the ground and decide to wait the 60 seconds for their DS to be up. this results in me camping because I refuse to leave and allow two people to escape just because of one crap perk.

The hooked player then sacrifices themself on first hook, and proceeds to report me for camping, and call me a bunch of nasty names over messenger.

This scenario is extremely common these days because of second chance perks being so rampant. Killer mains should not be subjected to constant harassment because our only counter play to a perk is to sit and wait.

• HarlowXRaven
    HarlowXRaven Member Posts: 191
    Options

Personally, I don't think ds is a perk that is supposed to be an anti-tunneling perk so yeah. Survivor main here its like a get out of jail free card nothing more. There nothing u can do to stop tunneling ds is only like a couple more seconds of your life you'll just die again. Its made so that people can escape possibly and for SWF. I have seen nobody mention this maybe it wasn't made to stop tunneling Devs know that killers have to tunnel. it is Mostly for higher-level survivor players who can hit the skill check. If they want an anti-tunneling perk they should make a new one altogether. Just my take on it I have ds but not as a teachable perk yet plus it's only one use so its kinda waste of perk many of the swf I play with don't really use it maybe one person in my team.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539
    Options

Ds should deactivate as soon as your healed. Do a gen l. Cleanse a totem. Open a chest etc.

I hooked a player other day. Went accross map to get another survicor. Hooked then.

Someone hooked my other survivor i ran into them downed them and boom ds.

I had already hooked a different surcivor. How is that even possible.

Ds needs a massive nerf.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Maybe you're right. However, remember that you could just keep juggling the survivor (if he was the obsession) and they would not be able to use DS. Those who were not the obsession had to reach 35% wiggle to escape, something that could be denied by downing the survivor next to a hook. Like I said, it was extremely broken, but I truly wish I caould face it again, just for these counterplays.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,128
    Options

Then the Devs increased the drop penalty.

(A change the Devs said was always supposed to be three drops but was bugged. Which they then reverted after DS was changed)

That drop change really hurt legit drops due to body blockers.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488
    Options

People are scared of DS. That's why they lose. Even otz doesn't lose to DS and when he does its because the team is actually food and he was too focused to notice

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Correct. Being scared of DS is usually a contributing factor to losing.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441
    Options

Post edited by MandyTalk

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338
    Options

You don't understand the game very well if you believe anything you just said.

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410
    Options

Killers camping and tunneling make survivors game atrocious.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

I don't "believe" it, it's a mathematical FACT.

I can, and HAVE, done exactly as I described and still gotten Decisive Strike'd. The perk has nothing to do with tunneling. Tunneling is focusing on a single survivor to get them out of the game. If you are attacking other Survivors and hitting and hooking between those two downs, you are NOT tunneling. The perk just has an asininely long grace period.