Colorblind support needed please

Options

Comments

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

I should have asked "Does The Entity possess the ability of fully perceiving wavelengths from 390 to 700 nanometers?"

• Condorloco_26
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    I LEARNED HOW TO USE COLORS

sorrrrrrry thought this was my bookmarked post on WHICH CHARACTER WOULD YOU ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wait... What??

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

@Condorloco_26 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    I LEARNED HOW TO USE COLORS

sorrrrrrry thought this was my bookmarked post on WHICH CHARACTER WOULD YOU ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wait... What??

i clicked on the wrong post and started typing and i also had copy and pasted the words forgetting the change it from green so i changed it to pink and the posts name i stated was the one i meant to post it on

• Condorloco_26
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

i clicked on the wrong post and started typing and i also had copy and pasted the words forgetting the change it from green so i changed it to pink and the posts name i stated was the one i meant to post it on

I meant what's going on with that specific thread LMAO

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@Condorloco_26 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

I meant what's going on with that specific thread LMAO

ummmmm go and find out hehehehe.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

bump

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Options
    So next time they do an "ask the devs a question thing" we should all ask about this again. 
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@chemical_reject said:
    So next time they do an "ask the devs a question thing" we should all ask about this again. 

Yep youtube q&a and possibly every survey hereafter.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

hiya

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options
    Bump.
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

bump

• fcc2014
    Options

I was looking at the auras of the game from 2016 pink and reds. How hard would it be to change the colors.

• Condorloco_26
    Options

@fcc2014 said:
    I was looking at the auras of the game from 2016 pink and reds. How hard would it be to change the colors.

That's what I've been saying all the time. If they're worried about survivors being tracked with more ease with certain aura perks, just turn all auras the same color, but please NOT red.

• POUNDYOUSILLY
    POUNDYOUSILLY Member Posts: 40
    Options
    Bump
  • ProfoundEnding
    Options
    Bump
  • POUNDYOUSILLY
    Options
    Bump
  • POUNDYOUSILLY
    Options
    Bump
  • POUNDYOUSILLY
    Options
    Bump
  • mortz
    mortz Member Posts: 8
    Options

bump

• POUNDYOUSILLY
    Options
    Bump
  • PoppaSquat
    PoppaSquat Member Posts: 78
    Options

Ayyyyooooo fam let me just hop in here and BUMP this baby.
    also this made me think a bit on the other kinds of physical impairments that might impact one's enjoyment of DbD, so I'm going to go scour the forums to see if someone's already created a thread, otherwise I'm about to pop this metaphorical generator

• Hubz
    Hubz Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Im just going to do 2 things here.

1)Bump

2)Be very angry with the devs for no color blind support

C'mon devs, we believe! 

I wouldn't mind missing a Christmas event if thats what it would take to make this possible before 2019.
  • fcc2014
    Options

@Hubz said:
    Im just going to do 2 things here.

1)Bump

2)Be very angry with the devs for no color blind support

C'mon devs, we believe! 

I wouldn't mind missing a Christmas event if thats what it would take to make this possible before 2019.

We may get a Hallowed Blight Survey. I will suggest if we have an option to say something use it to mention colorblind support. They changed the event hooks another color. It doesn't seem to be a massive process.

• Condorloco_26
    Options

@fcc2014 said:

We may get a Hallowed Blight Survey. I will suggest if we have an option to say something use it to mention colorblind support. They changed the event hooks another color. It doesn't seem to be a massive process.

Will ask them to keep the orange auras, they are so much better.

• fcc2014
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Condorloco_26 said:

@fcc2014 said:

Will ask them to keep the orange auras, they are so much better.

I thought so too, the blue from the previous event also worked.

• Hubz
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I am surprised that its not in the game already and that a mod has not noticed us yet
  • Condorloco_26
    Options

@Hubz said:
    I am surprised that its not in the game already and that a mod has not noticed us yet

At least one mod, one community manager, and perhaps one dev (he was mentioned in the first page) have noticed the thread.

• Hubz
    Options
    I didnt see anything. My bad

• ProfoundEnding
    Options
    Bump.
  • Hubz
    Options

heyo this hasn't been bumped in quiet the while

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Well, i finally bought leatherface to get barbeque and chilli for my killers, and guess what? On most maps, its unusable to me, because i can´t see the survivors. How do i know they are not too close? Because they finish a gen the whole map away the next second.

This is very disappointing.

• Condorloco_26
    Options

Thank you guys for adding your voice to the petition. Hopefully the devs take note and do what is needed.

• Condorloco_26
    edited November 2018
    Options

Will do

Edit: Discussion is already closed

• fcc2014
    Options

Will do

Edit: Discussion is already closed

New survey is out for Hallowed blight event!?? Maybe a mention about the hook color and changes could be suggested.
  • Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    Options
    Bump  :)
  • DSputnik
    DSputnik Member Posts: 2
    Options

Yes please!! The blue from the Lunar Hooks is perfect, I absolutely cannot see my hooks, hexes, or BBQ-pinged survivors on ANY map except for Lery's and The Game. I'm all for this change and it's honestly annoying that it's been suggested so, so many times and yet the only response that gets given is "I'll pass it to the dev team" and then its radio silence on the topic until the next time someone complains about it. It's happened twice already to my knowledge. There's was a recent reddit thread on the DbD sub that hit the top of it's front page about this exact topic as well. It's not an uncommonly requested feature and it honestly baffles me that colorblind features are standard in videogames today. 1 in 12 people are colorblind, that's usually a significant portion of any games playerbase.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

bump

• FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    Options
    Bump!

They have mentioned it on dev streams many times, but we have yet to see any results. They were worried that it would make survivors easier to see in general (and then non-color blind people would abuse it), but if it's just auras needing changed, there really isn't any reason not  to change it.
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@FoggyDownpour said:
    Bump!

They have mentioned it on dev streams many times, but we have yet to see any results. They were worried that it would make survivors easier to see in general (and then non-color blind people would abuse it), but if it's just auras needing changed, there really isn't any reason not  to change it.

to be honest i knew this would be a problem but i mean you see in games like overwatch anyone can access the colorblind controls but in this game i understand the big differences but the main problem is with auras for most colorblind people.

• Condorloco_26
    Options

Since I'm playing on a PS4 I can't access the PTB, but I've watched a couple of videos where gen and hook auras seemed brighter and easier to spot.

For those PC players out there, are the auras actually brighter? or is it just that I'm a victim of wishful thoughts?

• fcc2014
    Options

@Condorloco_26 said:
    Since I'm playing on a PS4 I can't access the PTB, but I've watched a couple of videos where gen and hook auras seemed brighter and easier to spot.

For those PC players out there, are the auras actually brighter? or is it just that I'm a victim of wishful thoughts?

I saw something in the patch notes about PC Only Adjusted lighting across all themes and maps, quality settings (PC Only), as well as Killer specific lighting conditions (The Nightmare's dream world, etc). I hope we eventually get this as it seemed easier to spot and distinguish things.

• Condorloco_26
    Options

@fcc2014 said:

I saw something in the patch notes about PC Only Adjusted lighting across all themes and maps, quality settings (PC Only), as well as Killer specific lighting conditions (The Nightmare's dream world, etc). I hope we eventually get this as it seemed easier to spot and distinguish things.

Well I guess then it's a matter of waiting until the new chapter is released, and hopefully the optimization patch in december drops in time regardless.

• fcc2014
    Options

@Condorloco_26 Do you think that with the last few patches fps has gotten better or worse with the last 2 patches. Maybe it is just me but it feels worse. Just curious for another opinion.

• Condorloco_26
    Options

@fcc2014 Playing as a killer, Red Forest, Springwood, Haddonfield and now Coldwind too, suffer from a subnormal choppy framerate all game long, and experience massive drops before landing (missing) hits. If not actually worse, It feels just like it has been since the Clown/Kate updates.

But hey, post-game screen is smooth as ever!

• fcc2014
    Options

@Condorloco_26 i thought it was just me.

• supercheeseman3
    supercheeseman3 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    THIS, i main killer although im very colorblind i struggle greatly with keeping on eye on survivors as i usually lose chases very easily and since my colorblindness is red related its the worst possible situation as i struggle seeing red and thats what every aura color is and even scratch marks, i too prefer playing gideon meat plant just so i can see better
  • Doultime
    Doultime Member Posts: 82
    Options
    The PTB has brighter auras. I have deuteranomaly and can actually see the hex totems and easily spot auras now.
  • Condorloco_26
    Options

@Doultime said:
    The PTB has brighter auras. I have deuteranomaly and can actually see the hex totems and easily spot auras now.

These are actually good news for PC players. Hopefully these changes make it to the final version of the patch. And let's wait to see what happens for us console players.

• Doultime
    Doultime Member Posts: 82
    Options
    If its implemented in the next chapter console should be getting the same treatment right?