The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What's an unpopular opinion that you hold.

Comments

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

NOED and DS basekit

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587

per nerfed Hangman trick is a good perk and had one of the best ability's in the game.

Exhaustion perks design is very bad.

Most of killers add-ons aren't great but could be great and creative.

The game itself cannot work as a repetitive game and the dev should always work on the base gameplay of the game or drastically change the way loops work so the game feel fresh.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,403

Deathslinger is fun to play against.

Sprintboost is stronger then Dead hard.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
  • Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Killers with a strong chase are good for the game and force survivors to play differently if they'd want to win.

Also the less basic M1 killers there are in the game adds to the variety of gameplay the survivors have in the game.

Finally great skill checks bonus progression are partially responsible for gen rushes as they can shave off a surprising amount of time(Even after they been nerfed by 50%).

• Steah
    Steah Member Posts: 511

Perks that affect skill checks should make them significantly harder or change what the skill check is.

• meowzilla69
    meowzilla69 Member Posts: 408

DS should be buffed to have tokens to punish the killer if he tunnels. If they do an objective they lose DS until hook.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Ah I see. You bite into kitkats without breaking them first.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,401

Quite unpopular, is it not? Well, there are a few reasons as to why:

-I never had any problems with people holding the game hostage, which leads me to believe that it wasn't as common as perceived to be.

-Having a timer at the end of the game is not something that I enjoy. It does nothing other than encourage scummy tactics and rushed actions.

-Blood Warden value guaranteed, if you managed to catch a survivor, since doors were opened right away.

-EGC's weird sounds are extremely annoying.

-It did not exist back when I started. That is the image that I have of the Endgame.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

spirit is fun to play against.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 537
    edited June 2021

They should bring old Undying back, it brought a new meta after 1 year and half of the omnipresent corrupt pop and survivors actually started to do totems

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

Once you master his tonics and antidotes, Clown is one of the most fun killers to play as.

Trickster is a very unique killer power-wise.

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730

If you're getting looped for several minutes that's on you

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

That Perks on Killerside, especially slowdown Perks are very overrated because most teams you play against are average. My only slowdown Perk is Corrupt, then I go with what's comfy. Bbq for points, Shadowborn for FoV, Agitation for less wasted time when hooking.

And even slowdown Perks won't really help against sweat teams so yeah. I think perks aren't as needed on Killer as people think.

• nicnc82
    nicnc82 Member Posts: 372

Then there's no such thing as gen rushing or survivors being toxic

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

if its a fair killer, sure, spirit is fun to verse. But that's kinda the issue, most people playing spirit arent really fair killers. They use her ability to tunnel and facecamp people.

She still has issues even if people play her fairly tho.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

I think we should go back to some licenses and add more content. I think the popular opinion is we need more licenses (that are done well) but I think we have a lot of honorable franchises that should be added to. Main examples

• A potential paragraph to Halloween that adds Samuel Loomis as a survivor
    • L4D having some similarities with DBD (mainly the 4 survivors against near impossible odds), I think it would be nice to go with a full on chapter (my opinion being Coach should be the new survivor, with either a Charger/Tank, Witch, or potentially Horde of zombies as a killer)
    • If we ever get licensing to the original Nightmare on Elm Street franchise, Nancy Thompson is an obvious survivor addition.
    • We should get a Scream chapter. The Ghost Face doesn't count, it's just a mask. I mean the Killer from the original movie and Sidney Prescott.
    • Resident Evil should get another chapter eventually. Not in this year, maybe not even in the next, but I think Resident Evil should be revisited eventually.

• nicnc82
    nicnc82 Member Posts: 372

Playing killer is way more balanced than it used to be and fine how they are. Survivors aren't OP. And im a killer main

• Lucent
    Lucent Member Posts: 209

Survivors would rather nerf spirit than learn to play against her.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,954

Balanced landing should get its stagger passive back when maps are more balanced

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

Billy is fine, his nerf was deserved.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

I guess I'll go with mine, new undying is better than old undying

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited June 2021

Decisive Strike’s skill check should be slightly delayed so the Killer gets a chance to drop the Survivor if they picked them up by accident or are forced to grab them (ie, locker, vault, chest, “CJ tech”). But not delayed enough so much that the Killer can hook the Survivor while the skill check is running.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

Nea is the cutest survivor

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Exhaustion perks are completely unfair by design and only really bad survivors actually think they're necessary and/or comparable to slowdown perks in terms of genuine requirement. They're not, info perks/comms are.

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624

True "skill" does not exist in this game because of how the game works. If we want skill to truly be a thing, DBD would have to change at it's core. How Survivors defend against Killers, etc.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965

Dead Hard is overrated and really #########

• Kharbarg
    Kharbarg Member Posts: 126
    edited June 2021

In soloq Self-Care is one of the best perk and is mandatory if you are not holding a medic kit

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354

Killers should get an extra perk slot that only allows perks that activate based on gens completed such as Coup De Grace, Fire Up, and Bitter Murmur.

• Kharbarg

Dead by Daylight is getting better year after year because improved balance but above all because the constant adition of new maps, new killers and new perk.

• Kharbarg

SWF needs some kind of in game nerf or killers needs some kind of in game buff against SWF.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Felix is not hot. He is seem like loser.

Look at David, he is strong, muscular, fit and hot. I really do not know why people saying Felix is hottest male survivor. David is still here, hello.

• Bonquiqui414
    Bonquiqui414 Member Posts: 222

Remove all slowdown perks and buff gen regression

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,844

Swf needs an indicator in the lobby

• bowo
    bowo Member Posts: 121

legion is hard to counter in solo, but with a little communication, making sure you're spread out can make using their power extremely difficult. and you should be spreading out on gens whenever possible anyway

• kill3rma1nsdr00l
    kill3rma1nsdr00l Member Posts: 4

i think the game is pretty balanced and fun, just show up here to cause a ruckus

• Torsti56
    Torsti56 Member Posts: 259

Wake Up is a good perk and Deja Vu is one of the worst perks.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Low tier Killers like Trapper, Pig, Demo, Plag (incoming Nemesis) are well designed. Because they gives survivor something to interact with. Their power are rounded, not focus on 1 aspect.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

No Mither is fine.

• Masterninja
    Masterninja Member Posts: 411

The breakable walls are a good addition, but the devs in the reworks have implemented them bad and poorly.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Bubba and Wraith take zero skill to play, even at red rank.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575

The rank system on the survivor side unintentionally encourages a style of play that is often selfish and counterproductive to escaping.