Lobby dodge is disgusting

Options

There seems to be an epidemic of lobby dodging, I sometimes get lobby dodged 10+ times in a row, different survivor characters as well. These Idiot killer players will dodge 1 survivor with P3 head, or 1 survivor with a flashlight, I only play solo que and I'm always at red rank, I play both killer and survivor and the only thing I would lobby dodge as a killer is a 4 man SWF with 4 P3s 4 Items (key, map,whatever else). I don't understand how people find games if they dodge just about anything. There needs to be some kind of punishment for excess lobby dodge

Comments

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    Options
    They need a longer penalty each time you dodge because you can match make with the same killer once that killer has dodged. Especially at rank 1.
  • IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,900
    Options

I tried playing with some friends a couple of days ago and we were dodged at least 9+ times in a row. I have even seen killers dodge lobbies simply because of what the survivors were wearing, lolz. I play survivor and killer equally (rank 3 survivor and rank 3 killer) and I have never dodged a lobby.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

@SpongeBob420Pants said:
    There seems to be an epidemic of lobby dodging, I sometimes get lobby dodged 10+ times in a row, different survivor characters as well. These Idiot killer players will dodge 1 survivor with P3 head, or 1 survivor with a flashlight, I only play solo que and I'm always at red rank, I play both killer and survivor and the only thing I would lobby dodge as a killer is a 4 man SWF with 4 P3s 4 Items (key, map,whatever else). I don't understand how people find games if they dodge just about anything. There needs to be some kind of punishment for excess lobby dodge

"Idiot Killer players"
    Dude take a chill pill, you sound like a raging twitch streamer.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options
    People must understand killers dont necessary dodge cuz of you as there are other survivors in lobby as well. Especially during weekends I get into game much faster as duo que rather than solo. Why? Cuz that enables rest of survivors to be 3 man swf and killers dont want to deal with that.
    Dodging flashlights is weird tho as thats best you can hope as killer that 1 fkboy is not doing gens.
  • SpongeBob420Pants
    SpongeBob420Pants Member Posts: 118
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@SpongeBob420Pants said:

@DocOctober said:
    Fix the causes of lobby dodging first.

What are you talking about? People will dodge over cosmetics, how can they fix that? Try re-reading the post.

I'm not talking about those special cases of dodging, I'm talking about the reason the average Killer would decide to dodge a lobby.

Seriously, is everything immediately an extreme for you?

First of all I'm not talking about special cases I'm talking about average experience, and secondly the only thing they could do to improve the confidence of killers is to make the bloodweb give 3 or even 4 perks per web, but even if they add that, excess lobby dodge should be punished with a wait time.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Options

I see a survivor join my lobby who locks in and has constant red ping, no thanks I'm gone. Have a hard enough time upon occasion dealing with certain survivors without them doing their best Nurse impression.

I see someone in legacy or blood? Psh... Not much of a threat generally. Most Legacies I've run into cheated to get it. Only a few live up to the orange hype. As for blood, there's no real point in being bothered by it since that, like Rank 1, are damned easy to get.

Not trying to come across as hyper elitist but just making the point that not many of people with these cosmetics are as potent as they seem. That and with the changes coming to the SWF/Solo lobby experience, killers won't know who's SWF or not.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    edited February 2019
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    A normal game? Ok so i'm guessing you never use ebony moris, iridescent heads and all that stuff, right?

I really, actually don't. I used my first mori ever yesterday, and I used my first purple add-on today. Tried an iridescent add-on for the first time after that, but it didn't work. Which reminds me, I need to make a bug report about it.

I usually use brown/yellow add-ons, btw. I only just started actually using the add-ons when I reached rank 8.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Options

@DocOctober said:

What are you talking about? People will dodge over cosmetics, how can they fix that? Try re-reading the post.

The fact you moan about it and then excuse yourself for doing it to n the same sentence tells me all I need to know about you.

Dont make out it’s an issue you want resolving if you are contributing to it
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

reads title
    Right? Can Survivors with green & yellow ping please stop dodging my lobby just cause it doesn't have 4 Survivors yet?

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

Play the lobby unless someone has a bad connection.

• fcc2014
    Options
    Vietfox said:

^ Lol, lobby dodger spotted.

All they need to do is grow some balls.
    Preach brother preach!!!
  • fcc2014
    Options
    se05239 said:

People complain about lobby dodging but here I am being furious about 1-2 survivors disconnecting every game..

I think both are the same issue. The same players don't get their way or can't handle potential defeat in a pvp system. The disconnects and the dodging are going to kill this game.
  • DarkFox85
    DarkFox85 Member Posts: 74
    Options

@SpongeBob420Pants said:

If this is a response to the original post, then you are actually ######### because I stated I only play solo que and you miss-quoted.

Yeah and I’m accusing you of lying. Try re-reading the post. You do not “get lobby dodged 10+ times in a row” while playing solo. That is a complete lie. Utter, utter nonsense. And killers do not exclusively dodge over cosmetics and items. That’s complete and total trash. Dismissive arrogance. And I made arguments supporting all these things. You’ve made no arguments. And you’ve addressed none of my arguments.

Also: “I stated I only play solo que and you miss-quoted.” – I didn’t quote you at all! Seriously, is this troll? I'm not talking to you directly. Stop being so thin skinned. Though I'm glad you're taking heat for this thread.

@SpongeBob420Pants said:
    If this is a response to the person you quoted that also doesn't make sense.

Well I was supporting the person I quoted. This is made clear by the first word of my post. I mean that’s obvious. Do you think I’m arguing with him or something?

My tirade against SWF is a response to other posts, not yours. Like i said, I was not responding directly to you and gave no indication that's what i was doing. And it does make 100% sense. I am discussing lobby dodging which is the issue at hand. It’s the issue being discussed. You’ve offered no counter argument to that whatsoever and you’ve just slung insults around at me and others.

The problem is “actually” you.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,632
    edited February 2019
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Survivors lobby dodged in order to play with their friends until the devs introduced SWF.
    That was totally normal and acceptable. 
    Killers lobby dodge in order to avoid playing against SWF? "This needs to be addressed asap! They need to be punished!!!"

Hypocrisy at its finest. 

You cannot do a Multiplayer Onlinegame without expecting that Friends want to play together. And I am not talking about 4 Man SWFs who want to bully Killers, there are way more normal SWFs (2,3 and 4 Man) who play completely normally.

But it is surely not intended that Killers can decide that they want the easy games.

btw. every Killer that does not dodge has my respect. Those are either the Killers that really play fair and for fun or the really good Killers.

• Axelson
    Axelson Member Posts: 86
    edited February 2019
    Options

@BoxingRouge said:
    They need a longer penalty each time you dodge because you can match make with the same killer once that killer has dodged. Especially at rank 1.

What are you saying? As survivor i lobby dodge when the ping is 220+, as the killer i lobby dodge when 2 or more survivors has red ping. I don't want to wait years to get a good game because people doesn't have good conection lmao

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,632
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Aven_Fallen said:

@Tsulan said:

Survivors lobby dodged in order to play with their friends until the devs introduced SWF.

Killers lobby dodge in order to avoid playing against SWF? "This needs to be addressed asap! They need to be punished!!!"

Hypocrisy at its finest. 

You cannot do a Multiplayer Onlinegame without expecting that Friends want to play together. And I am not talking about 4 Man SWFs who want to bully Killers, there are way more normal SWFs (2,3 and 4 Man) who play completely normally.

But it is surely not intended that Killers can decide that they want the easy games.

btw. every Killer that does not dodge has my respect. Those are either the Killers that really play fair and for fun or the really good Killers.

But survivors can decide to have easy games by playing in a way the game was never intended to? Or by last second switching?

Sigh.
    Of course it was intended to implement SWF. You know that, I am pretty sure you also participated in the thread were it was explained.

The Devs would be stupid to not allow people to play with their friends.

Last second switching is Bullshit, I agree with that. Even though I do not see a reason why a Killer should see the Survivor Loadout (in terms of Items)...

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options
    Tsulan said:

@Tsulan said:

Hypocrisy at its finest. 

But survivors can decide to have easy games by playing in a way the game was never intended to? Or by last second switching?
    I get that an awful lot, switching to a Squadette with Toolboxes last second after we're the countdown reaches the final seconds.  Or the fact higher skilled players derank or smurf with their friends to try to,play against newer Killers but OH heaven comes crashing down if a Killer decides they don't want to deal with bad ping, potential SWF group to have to "tryhard" against.

No, majority of us Killers like to get some calm games now and then, Survivors in general have proven they want to bully Killers, cheese games and make it unfun.  I've seen it in other's games, Ive seen it was Killer and I've seen it as Survivor.  I've been dodged before as a Survivor and I've had Survivors drop out of my Killer lobby on occasions...so what, I ready up for the next game/wait for it to fill out.

I'm not entitled to them being forced into my game, nor am I in theirs....

Too bad so sad, grow up and move on
  • fcc2014
    Options
    Oh the excuse is i dodge because of bad ping. Seems legit.... ;)
  • fcc2014
    Options
    Blueberry said:

@DocOctober said:

This ^
    +1

How about we fix the disease instead of the symptoms. The disease is SWF and the games complete imbalance. That is why people get dodged.

Oh i thought it was because in a game with no rank rewards no real meaningful ranks players just don't have the stones to play because it will shatter their fragile ego if they lose.
  • fcc2014
    Options
    Blueberry said:

@fcc2014 said:
    Blueberry said:

@DocOctober said:

This ^

+1

How about we fix the disease instead of the symptoms. The disease is SWF and the games complete imbalance. That is why people get dodged.

Oh i thought it was because in a game with no rank rewards no real meaningful ranks players just don't have the stones to play because it will shatter their fragile ego if they lose.

Yeah you were mistaken

Found one!!!😄
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    Options
    Axelson said:

@BoxingRouge said:

What are you saying? As survivor i lobby dodge when the ping is 220+, as the killer i lobby dodge when 2 or more survivors has red ping. I don't want to wait years to get a good game because people doesn't have good conection lmao

I’m talking about killers.
  • Lillika
    Lillika Member Posts: 38
    Options

No what's discusting is 1 or 2 survivors much higher rank than killer and other survivors.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Options
    Blueberry said:

@DocOctober said:

This ^
    +1

So you dodge games because you don't like intended items being brought in or intended features to be used , but yet you'll cherry pick some noob lobby to roll stomp with UR add ons and a ebony mori and that's fair to you right? The bias is unreal, nobody is ######### cheating were playing by the rules like everyone else , if you don't like to play against these things you might as well play something else because 75 percent of the player base is SWF we just need to give you people survivor bots and let you set them injured or whatever from the start that you want so you can feel better, but God knows we would start seeing "Nerf bots" or "one got the hatch!" Posts and then the world would ######### explode
  • Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options
    Blueberry said:

@DocOctober said:

This ^
    +1

So you dodge games because you don't like intended items being brought in or intended features to be used , but yet you'll cherry pick some noob lobby to roll stomp with UR add ons and a ebony mori and that's fair to you right? The bias is unreal, nobody is [BAD WORD] cheating were playing by the rules like everyone else , if you don't like to play against these things you might as well play something else because 75 percent of the player base is SWF we just need to give you people survivor bots and let you set them injured or whatever from the start that you want so you can feel better, but God knows we would start seeing "Nerf bots" or "one got the hatch!" Posts and then the world would [BAD WORD] explode
    Found the entitled one!  Everyone has a right to dip out of a lobby sweetheart, may want to dump some of that salt out, not good for your health.  

Move on to the next game, Lobby Dodging isn't even remotely as common as you all bemoaning about it.  Players DCing during a match now, now that's an issue to actually discuss

*pats head*  you'll live
  • IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    Options

@Laakeri said:
    People must understand killers dont necessary dodge cuz of you as there are other survivors in lobby as well. Especially during weekends I get into game much faster as duo que rather than solo. Why? Cuz that enables rest of survivors to be 3 man swf and killers dont want to deal with that.
    Dodging flashlights is weird tho as thats best you can hope as killer that 1 fkboy is not doing gens.

I understand the flashlight dodge, I only dodge if there are two or more flashlight but only one can ruin the game for a killer because it almost make the flashlight user untouchable. If you chase someone with a flashlight you cannot break pallets because he/she always blind you when trying to do it and if you dont break it the pallet stay and can be used in future chases or by other survivors unless you turn and break it from the other side which waste a lot of time, if you wait the survivor to get away the pallet to break it you waste a lot of time again and some of them simply stay in the other side of the pallet till you try to break it, if you simply resign yourself and get blinded you waste time AGAIN. Playing against more than one flashlight is a pain in the ass, against one is manageable, you simply can let the user be and ignore him and is very funny when the flashlight user become frustrated because you refuse to chase him/her and start to spam flashlight tapping trying to take your attention.
    I know Franklin's demise is a counter, but is a half-counter really, because a lot of survivors simply remember where they lose the flashlight and come back to take it latter.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    @mintchapstick said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Vietfox said:

DocOctober said:

^ Lol, lobby dodger spotted.

All they need to do is grow some balls.

Think I'll play some DBD and have some fun. Been a long work day.

(Instant 4 man SWF)

Hmm not really what I wanted to deal with after work I'll skip this one

(3 player SWF 3 toolboxes)

Ugh, really just want a normal game...skip

OMg yOU're alL TOXic kiLeRS!!1!!!

This is basically exactly it. I want a normal game, I don't want to play in a sauna for the next 30 minutes.

A normal game? Ok so i'm guessing you never use ebony moris, iridescent heads and all that stuff, right?

I play on console so I don't use Huntress. And no I don't use mori unless I have a daily.

Aside from perks I don't typically use add-ons with killer because I don't invest enough points to keep their items stocked up.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited February 2019
    Options

@IamFran said:

@Laakeri said:

I understand the flashlight dodge, I only dodge if there are two or more flashlight but only one can ruin the game for a killer because it almost make the flashlight user untouchable. If you chase someone with a flashlight you cannot break pallets because he/she always blind you when trying to do it and if you dont break it the pallet stay and can be used in future chases or by other survivors unless you turn and break it from the other side which waste a lot of time, if you wait the survivor to get away the pallet to break it you waste a lot of time again and some of them simply stay in the other side of the pallet till you try to break it, if you simply resign yourself and get blinded you waste time AGAIN. Playing against more than one flashlight is a pain in the ass, against one is manageable, you simply can let the user be and ignore him and is very funny when the flashlight user become frustrated because you refuse to chase him/her and start to spam flashlight tapping trying to take your attention.
    I know Franklin's demise is a counter, but is a half-counter really, because a lot of survivors simply remember where they lose the flashlight and come back to take it latter.

I dont use neither Franklins or Lightborn, waste of perk slot if you got headphones and baiting pick up or facing the wall works almost every time, if neither work just slug.

I would trade 2 toolboxes to 4 flashlights any day as you know the game will last longer than 5 minutes.