Lobby dodge is disgusting

Comments

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    could you imagine if killers just didn't see survivors while waiting in the lobby? holy ######### no more complaints like these.
  • e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2019

As a survivor no way in hell am I going to join a Killers lobby with more than 300ms latency. I reserve the right to dodge the krap out'o that mofo.

Thought it was funny when I equipped my Dull Key and the lobby instantly disintegrates as the Killer dodges their own lobby.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119
    edited February 2019

@se05239 said:
    People complain about lobby dodging but here I am being furious about 1-2 survivors disconnecting every game..

Yeah I'm afraid to grab anyone early on because they just pop out right away. I also see a significant increase in what I believe are de-rankers, people who AFK through two hits, don't crawl, but hit their DS. Really? And they immediately attempt escape from hook and won't struggle, leaving the game instantly. I know you want faster queues but your teammates hate being left with 5 gens for 3 people.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    scorpio said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Nikkiwhat said:

OrionsFury4789 said:

Blueberry said:

@DocOctober said:

Fix the causes of lobby dodging first.

This ^

+1

How about we fix the disease instead of the symptoms. The disease is SWF and the games complete imbalance. That is why people get dodged.

So you dodge games because you don't like intended items being brought in or intended features to be used , but yet you'll cherry pick some noob lobby to roll stomp with UR add ons and a ebony mori and that's fair to you right? The bias is unreal, nobody is [BAD WORD] cheating were playing by the rules like everyone else , if you don't like to play against these things you might as well play something else because 75 percent of the player base is SWF we just need to give you people survivor bots and let you set them injured or whatever from the start that you want so you can feel better, but God knows we would start seeing "Nerf bots" or "one got the hatch!" Posts and then the world would [BAD WORD] explode

Found the entitled one!  Everyone has a right to dip out of a lobby sweetheart, may want to dump some of that salt out, not good for your health.  

Move on to the next game, Lobby Dodging isn't even remotely as common as you all bemoaning about it.  Players DCing during a match now, now that's an issue to actually discuss

pats head  you'll live

No it's total horseshit to have to wait 2 hours for a game it happens every night toe on ps4 don't tell me it's not common you know nothing and you're the entitled one you just are too if ignorant to see it , you think you're entitled to make everyone wait just because you don't think you should have to play a match with any challenge I'll laugh my ass off when they get servers and start time bans on you clowns and you're on here crying again 

Yes, because banning killers from loading into lobbies will do a LOT to get you into a lobby quicker... oh wait.

Oh wait! Actually it will dude because we can get people who actually want to play the damn game instead of dodging like they're sackless, now we'll be able to find people who want to play FIRST and not have to get dodged multiple times and sometimes getting the same dude multiple times in a row and dodged, you can tell by holding the  PlayStation button and going to dead by daylight and then currently playing with and see who's lobby your in,  the problem with that is killers are using that to avoid survivors who have a high achievement count  so you literally can get dodged with nothing going in
  • Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    scorpio said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Nikkiwhat said:

OrionsFury4789 said:

Blueberry said:

@DocOctober said:

This ^

+1

How about we fix the disease instead of the symptoms. The disease is SWF and the games complete imbalance. That is why people get dodged.

So you dodge games because you don't like intended items being brought in or intended features to be used , but yet you'll cherry pick some noob lobby to roll stomp with UR add ons and a ebony mori and that's fair to you right? The bias is unreal, nobody is [BAD WORD] cheating were playing by the rules like everyone else , if you don't like to play against these things you might as well play something else because 75 percent of the player base is SWF we just need to give you people survivor bots and let you set them injured or whatever from the start that you want so you can feel better, but God knows we would start seeing "Nerf bots" or "one got the hatch!" Posts and then the world would [BAD WORD] explode

Found the entitled one!  Everyone has a right to dip out of a lobby sweetheart, may want to dump some of that salt out, not good for your health.  

Move on to the next game, Lobby Dodging isn't even remotely as common as you all bemoaning about it.  Players DCing during a match now, now that's an issue to actually discuss

pats head  you'll live

No it's total horseshit to have to wait 2 hours for a game it happens every night toe on ps4 don't tell me it's not common you know nothing and you're the entitled one you just are too if ignorant to see it , you think you're entitled to make everyone wait just because you don't think you should have to play a match with any challenge I'll laugh my ass off when they get servers and start time bans on you clowns and you're on here crying again 

Yes, because banning killers from loading into lobbies will do a LOT to get you into a lobby quicker... oh wait.

Oh wait! Actually it will dude because we can get people who actually want to play the damn game instead of dodging like they're sackless, now we'll be able to find people who want to play FIRST and not have to get dodged multiple times and sometimes getting the same dude multiple times in a row and dodged, you can tell by holding the  PlayStation button and going to dead by daylight and then currently playing with and see who's lobby your in,  the problem with that is killers are using that to avoid survivors who have a high achievement count  so you literally can get dodged with nothing going in
    " like they're sackless"

What a very typical male thing to say *rolls eyes* Not everyone who plays has a sack sweetheart, but please flex that machismo more here, 💋 

• OrionsFury4789
    Nikkiwhat said:
    scorpio said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Nikkiwhat said:

OrionsFury4789 said:

Blueberry said:

@DocOctober said:

This ^

+1

pats head  you'll live

" like they're sackless"

What a very typical male thing to say *rolls eyes* Not everyone who plays has a sack sweetheart, but please flex that machismo more here, 💋 

Ok lol so maybe that's not the correct term I should use but oh well you get the point , you're just trolling instead of staying on topic anyway
  • OrionsFury4789
    PiiFree said:

Lobby dodging is the result of many bad experiences.

You should've thought about such consequences before you bullied those poor Killers.

Dude that's bullshit , not everyone bullies the killer and some people on here view escaping as toxic or just getting away from them in chases as bullying,  THEY are the real problem here because those same people go and play survivor and DC all damn day because they don't care, I'm sure you don't sit there and dodge lobbies for upwards of 5 or 6 times in a row all because of an item right ? I've heard you say it's ridiculous yourself on here , now I'm not denying that they may have had bad experiences in the past but if someone wants to play this game they should play as intended and not by some made up rules they have , and I'm pointing that one at both sides. 
  • PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Dude that's bullshit , not everyone bullies the killer and some people on here view escaping as toxic or just getting away from them in chases as bullying,  THEY are the real problem here because those same people go and play survivor and DC all damn day because they don't care, I'm sure you don't sit there and dodge lobbies for upwards of 5 or 6 times in a row all because of an item right ? I've heard you say it's ridiculous yourself on here , now I'm not denying that they may have had bad experiences in the past but if someone wants to play this game they should play as intended and not by some made up rules they have , and I'm pointing that one at both sides. 

You don't have to use one extreme to justify another.

Yes, dodging just because of cosmetics or 1-2 items is ridiculous but that doesn't mean 100% of the dodges are "unjustified".

I'd assume people appreciate when there's finally a Killer that doesn't dodge them but instead it feels like they stacked up all their anger from the previous dodges and let it out on me, someone that's finally willing to deal with them.

Makes no sense to me, but happens way too often.

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

@Tsulan said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Tsulan said:

@SIlentCetra said:

@Broosmeister said:

Killers want easy games because they aren't that good in the game.

Survs want easy games because most of them are ######### at the game.> @Tsulan said:

Aven_Fallen said:

@Tsulan said:

Survivors lobby dodged in order to play with their friends until the devs introduced SWF.

That was totally normal and acceptable. 

Killers lobby dodge in order to avoid playing against SWF? "This needs to be addressed asap! They need to be punished!!!"

Hypocrisy at its finest. 

You cannot do a Multiplayer Onlinegame without expecting that Friends want to play together. And I am not talking about 4 Man SWFs who want to bully Killers, there are way more normal SWFs (2,3 and 4 Man) who play completely normally.

But it is surely not intended that Killers can decide that they want the easy games.

btw. every Killer that does not dodge has my respect. Those are either the Killers that really play fair and for fun or the really good Killers.

But survivors can decide to have easy games by playing in a way the game was never intended to? Or by last second switching?

I never lobby dodge, not because I am good, and certainly not because I enjoy going up against 4 stacks; but because I know i will never BECOME a good killer by dodging the harder games like a little #########. What am I rewarded with?

"GG EZ ahahahaha"

-___-

Still, I won't give in to these pricks by becoming them.

SWF complain about dodging killers. But they disconnect the moment they can´t bully a killer.

Yea maybe those potatoes you're facing with that rank 15 you're rocking , that crap rarely happens at rank 1 , you're against people who literally don't care at that stage

Yeah, they really look like rank 15 potatoes...
    Fully decked death squad that tried to bully low rank killers.
    Would you prefer some rank 1 screenshots?
    How about perk- and addon-less Freddy?

That level of ownage, both to the people in game and to the person that tried to dismiss your point, was completely uncalled for and a flagrant foul. Frankly it was abusive. You should almost feel bad.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

It's funny cause I dodge more lobbies as a survivor than I do as a Killer. If my team doesn't talk at all in lobby, I'm out. If I notice I'm with squadettes or toxic looking Nea's, I'm ######### gone. As killer, if I see 4 med-kits with toxic names then yeah imma dodge that #########. Been there, done that. However if I know they're like 2 man swf and 2 solos then ######### it I'll play, regardless of items. It won't be that bad. I finally hit rank 1 with ######### wraith of all killers. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. Sure, maybe I got lucky and got potatoes a lot. I also went through some hellish swf teams to get there. I lost quite a few matches and went through the "gg ez baby killer" many times. Just ######### type gg and leave. Who cares? It's a ######### video game. None of you realize this. It's. A. GAME. Enjoy it. Have fun. If you're not having fun, maybe play civ 6? Or Destiny 2? Hell, if you feel like being toxic go play ######### League of Legends. That's the biggest cesspool community I've ever been a part of. That will toughen your baby butts up real quick. I will still dodge some 4 man swf because I know how annoying it is for you little whiny bitches to keep rejoining the lobby and I get giggles from it. Enjoy~

• knell
    knell Member Posts: 595

@mintchapstick said:

@Nikkiwhat said:
    " like they're sackless"

What a very typical male thing to say rolls eyes Not everyone who plays has a sack sweetheart, but please flex that machismo more here, 💋 

Dude, you gotta stop with the emojis and the sweethearts and purposely taking colloquialisms at face value. One female gamer to another: you're making us look terrible right now & you're personifying all the bad ######### guys say about us. Stop taking us back like ten steps because you want to be condescending.

@PiiFree said:
    Lobby dodging is the result of many bad experiences.

You should've thought about such consequences before you bullied those poor Killers.

This is true though, I know someone called it as being bullshit, but it's honestly why I sometimes get into a loop of lobby dodging. Sometimes I'll see a bright haired Nea, or a beautiful, flowing haired, scarf-wearing Jake, and I'll dodge because I can't help but remember all the bright haired Neas before her that did me wrong.

Also flashlights. I get like killer main PTSD when I see them in my lobby. Like, 'I can't do this... not again.' Then when I talk myself into flashlights or bright haired Neas not being that bad, I load into the game and there's a bright haired Nea flashlight clicking and teabagging after dropping a pallet.

Actually, even though I don't like how she had been talking down to some people, I really appreciated how she had just addressed the toxic masculinity that often seems to permeate the DBD forums. It's not just the "sackless" comment, but also rampant comments like, "grow some balls" "stop being a [female dog]" "don't be a bunch of [female body parts]." They're indeed colloqualism, but ones that come from a long history of sexism. By attempting to control people's behavior by continually emasculating them, they're also normalizing that idea that "being a man" is better than "being a woman" or "being like a woman." It's just not necessary, and it is a pathetic effort to curve human behavior that doesn't even work most of the time. Instead, the only thing it does do is continuing to normalize that sort of language and in extension, the idea.

I do sympathize with the other part of your post though. Hopefully you'll face more opponents with some human decency that would offset some of your fears.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

@knell said:
    Actually, even though I don't like how she had been talking down to some people, I really appreciated how she had just addressed the toxic masculinity that often seems to permeate the DBD forums. It's not just the "sackless" comment, but also rampant comments like, "grow some balls" "stop being a [female dog]" "don't be a bunch of [female body parts]." They're indeed colloqualism, but ones that come from a long history of sexism. By attempting to control people's behavior by continually emasculating them, they're also normalizing that idea that "being a man" is better than "being a woman" or "being like a woman." It's just not necessary, and it is a pathetic effort to curve human behavior that doesn't even work most of the time. Instead, the only thing it does do is continuing to normalize that sort of language and in extension, the idea.

I do sympathize with the other part of your post though. Hopefully you'll face more opponents with some human decency that would offset some of your fears.

Oh yeah, no, I totally agree with you 100% and I think that's a really great conversation to have? We SHOULD have that conversation, it's one of the many reasons why the DBD community is toxic. But her method of dismissing what someone is saying because of the way that they're communicating it by flaunting that she's a GIRL and peppering all her posts with SWEETHEART and SWEETIE and kissie marks is what's the issue.

It's annoying, because I even agree with the argument that she's making. I'm very squarely on the side of killers being allowed to lobby dodge, but she's doing it in such an embarrassing way that it's just so cringey, and it's hurting more than helping.

• OrionsFury4789

@Tsulan said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Tsulan said:

@SIlentCetra said:

@Broosmeister said:

Survs want easy games because most of them are ######### at the game.> @Tsulan said:

Aven_Fallen said:

@Tsulan said:

Survivors lobby dodged in order to play with their friends until the devs introduced SWF.

Killers lobby dodge in order to avoid playing against SWF? "This needs to be addressed asap! They need to be punished!!!"

Hypocrisy at its finest. 

You cannot do a Multiplayer Onlinegame without expecting that Friends want to play together. And I am not talking about 4 Man SWFs who want to bully Killers, there are way more normal SWFs (2,3 and 4 Man) who play completely normally.

But it is surely not intended that Killers can decide that they want the easy games.

btw. every Killer that does not dodge has my respect. Those are either the Killers that really play fair and for fun or the really good Killers.

But survivors can decide to have easy games by playing in a way the game was never intended to? Or by last second switching?

I never lobby dodge, not because I am good, and certainly not because I enjoy going up against 4 stacks; but because I know i will never BECOME a good killer by dodging the harder games like a little #########. What am I rewarded with?

"GG EZ ahahahaha"

-___-

SWF complain about dodging killers. But they disconnect the moment they can´t bully a killer.

Yea maybe those potatoes you're facing with that rank 15 you're rocking , that crap rarely happens at rank 1 , you're against people who literally don't care at that stage

That level of ownage, both to the people in game and to the person that tried to dismiss your point, was completely uncalled for and a flagrant foul. Frankly it was abusive. You should almost feel bad.

He didn't own anything he was talking about survivors DC and then I said it doesn't happen much at rank one only against those potatoes at rank 15 because they don't care and he posted that screenshot of no survivors DC , your'e delusional
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    To the players that think dodging is fair game when it looks to be an unfun match, do you think they should allow survivors to see the killer profile in the lobby again so they can do the same?
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Dwight_Fairfield said:
    I had five lobby dodges in a row this evening. No idea why. I was playing solo. I wasn't carrying a flashlight or firecrackers. Didn't even have a toolbox equipped.

Killers cant kick someone out of their lobby, so they have to ddoge all 4 survivors

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

@twistedmonkey said:
    To the players that think dodging is fair game when it looks to be an unfun match, do you think they should allow survivors to see the killer profile in the lobby again so they can do the same?

Jokes on you, this was the case in the early days and Survivors abused the hell out of it so they removed it.

• twistedmonkey
    edited February 2019
    The problem with this analogy is that a lot of SWFs often use third party programs (voice chat/text) to ruin the experience for the killer.
    Voice chat isn't in the game. Or any chat really during a trial.
    If SWF were strictly only using what is in the game, killers might not have issue with SWF to begin with.

If the killer were to use third party programs to get an edge, it's basically a bannable offense. 
    The killer, as much unfun as it might be, is basically only using what's in the game.
    While swf and voice chat do give a huge advantage the devs accept it as part of the game hence it is not bannable so must be accepted.

This says you think it's ok for one side to dodge as they think it's unfun but not the other, why should only one side have that option?
  • twistedmonkey
    edited February 2019
    PiiFree said:

@twistedmonkey said:

Jokes on you, this was the case in the early days and Survivors abused the hell out of it so they removed it.

Did you miss the usuage of my words "allow them again"? That implies they used to be able too and it was taken away.

Any way if you are saying survivors abused it what are killers doing now? If one side abused it and now the other is doing the same should that option for killers be removed now?
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:
    I had five lobby dodges in a row this evening. No idea why. I was playing solo. I wasn't carrying a flashlight or firecrackers. Didn't even have a toolbox equipped.

Killers cant kick someone out of their lobby, so they have to ddoge all 4 survivors

Yup. I have to do this so much because 1 person just won't ready up.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    The problem with this analogy is that a lot of SWFs often use third party programs (voice chat/text) to ruin the experience for the killer.
    If SWF were strictly only using what is in the game, killers might not have issue with SWF to begin with.

If the killer were to use third party programs to get an edge, it's basically a bannable offense. 
    The killer, as much unfun as it might be, is basically only using what's in the game.
    While swf and voice chat so give a stupid advantage the devs accept it as part of the game hence it is not bannable so must be accepted.

This ssays you think it's ok for one side to dodge as they think it's unfun but not the other, why should only one side have that option?
    3rd party voice chat isn't bannable because there's nothing they can do to stop it. Considered that?
    It gives an immense edge to survivors, and it's not in the game.

Because one side is dodging to avoid the other side having a massive advantage that they shouldn't have.
    The other is dodging because of purely ingame stuff basically. 

Apples and oranges. 
  • twistedmonkey
    PiiFree said:

@twistedmonkey said:
    Dis you miss how I said allow them "again"? That implies they used to and it was taken away.

Any way if you are saying survivors abused it what are killers doing now? Are they not now abusing that option? So you are saying the option for killers should also be taken away now.

If Killers had the possibility to restrict SWFs from joining their lobby then yes, they can remove that option.

Most Killers dodge because they try to avoid people that use a 3rd party software to gain unintended advantages (SWF/Voice communication).

That's the main difference. Killers dodge unfair matches while Survivors dodged specific Killers.

Why do you think you have the right to dodge for something accepted by the devs just because you deem it's unfair?

The devs stated swf was always planned, no dev would think those playing with each other wouldn't use comms, they did underestimate how it would impact the game but that is on them not the players you dodge for using it.

• twistedmonkey

While swf and voice chat so give a stupid advantage the devs accept it as part of the game hence it is not bannable so must be accepted.

This ssays you think it's ok for one side to dodge as they think it's unfun but not the other, why should only one side have that option?
    3rd party voice chat isn't bannable because there's nothing they can do to stop it. Considered that?
    It gives an immense edge to survivors, and it's not in the game.

Because one side is dodging to avoid the other side having a massive advantage that they shouldn't have.
    The other is dodging because of purely ingame stuff basically. 

Apples and oranges. 
    If it's part of the game and accepted then you have to deal with it, it is not apples and oranges, it comes down to you simply not agreeing with something because you think it's unfair.

No dev will think a multiplayer game where friends play together will not use comms, to think otherwise is being in denial, if they underestimated it's impact then that's on the devs so why punish the players using it?

If one side can cherry pick the other side should be able too as well plain and simple.

• twistedmonkey
    edited February 2019
    Voice chat, or any chat during trials is not part of the game, though. 
    The game is not balanced around it.
    Why do you think there are so many aura reading perks so survivors can see eachother?
    It's an antisocial game. Cote said so himself.

They can't punish people that use voice chat because there's no way to detect it if people really want to use it. 

It is apples and oranges because it's not the same thing to compare using outside programs to get an edge vs not using outside programs to only play with what's actually in the game.
    So you are ok punishing players for the mistakes the devs made?

It doesn't matter if something unbalances a game what matters is the act of dodging for something which is accepted by the people who make the game.

Of course they cant detect it but that doesn't remove the fact they knew it would be used, I also highly doubt anyone with a multiplayer game would ban for using voice chat and to think so I believe is clutching at straws.

Multiplayer games where friends play together have always had comms, it still comes down to cherry picking games for a reason you deem unfair nothing else and are simply trying to justify it.

Many things are deemed unfair in this game, a lot of things have been overlooked just like the impact of looping, just because comms isn't built into the game does not mean it wasn't thought of being used by the players, that is again clutching at straws.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Tsulan said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Tsulan said:

@SIlentCetra said:

@Broosmeister said:

Aven_Fallen said:

@Tsulan said:

Hypocrisy at its finest. 

"GG EZ ahahahaha"

-___-

...And I almost feel bad...
  • NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337

@twistedmonkey said:

Why do you think you have the right to dodge for something accepted by the devs just because you deem it's unfair?

Because the game is unbalanced in favor of survivors.

Denying it or not mentioning it so it fit your narrative is being disingenious.

• knell

@twistedmonkey said:
    No dev will think a multiplayer game where friends play together will not use comms, to think otherwise is being in denial, if they underestimated it's impact then that's on the devs so why punish the players using it?

If the developers, for some ungodly reason, underestimated the impact of sharing information on a game that heavily relies on hidden information, then that's on the devs, right? Why punish the killers by forcing them into it when they have a way of avoiding it?

• Tsulan
    Why do you think there are so many aura reading perks so survivors can see eachother?

They can't punish people that use voice chat because there's no way to detect it if people really want to use it. 

It is apples and oranges because it's not the same thing to compare using outside programs to get an edge vs not using outside programs to only play with what's actually in the game.

It doesn't matter if something unbalances a game what matters is the act of dodging for something which is accepted by the people who make the game.

Of course they cant detect it but that doesn't remove the fact they knew it would be used, I also highly doubt anyone with a multiplayer game would ban for using voice chat and to think so I believe is clutching at straws.

Multiplayer games where friends play together have always had comms, it still comes down to cherry picking games for a reason you deem unfair nothing else and are simply trying to justify it.

Many things are deemed unfair in this game, a lot of things have been overlooked just like the impact of looping, just because comms isn't built into the game does not mean it wasn't thought of being used by the players, that is again clutching at straws.
    What do you mean with punishing players?
    If they search another lobby they lose just some seconds. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@twistedmonkey said:
    PiiFree said:

@twistedmonkey said:

Did you miss the usuage of my words "allow them again"? That implies they used to be able too and it was taken away.

Any way if you are saying survivors abused it what are killers doing now? If one side abused it and now the other is doing the same should that option for killers be removed now?

Of course it has to be accepted, but that doesnt change that its technically cheating.
    Imagine if the killer used wallhacks and knew where everybody is, thats basically whats voice chat is (+ coordination but nvm)

• Tsulan
    Master said:

@twistedmonkey said:
    PiiFree said:

@twistedmonkey said:

Of course it has to be accepted, but that doesnt change that its technically cheating.
    Imagine if the killer used wallhacks and knew where everybody is, thats basically whats voice chat is (+ coordination but nvm)

Survivors complained about BBQ and even got it nerfed. A perk that helps them by reducing camping. 
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Rebel_Raven said:
    twistedmonkey said:

Come to Xbox. Party system is part of the platform, I can invite all the rando's in the lobby to a party if I want. Maybe just man up and deal with it instead of complaining. Most SWF groups are really not as pro as people make them out to be. Also miscommunication is a thing, so...

• Rebel_Raven
    edited February 2019

Weird, aren't you ok with doing just that, making killers play against people using things this game isn't balnced for? I mean not balancing the game for voice chat is arguably a huge mistake.

I'm not really ok with it. But my answer is to have the game balnced around voice chat in trials. 
    How is the hard part.
    Pretty sure no one would ever game again if survivors could pick who they play against unless it's some rank 15 or less that they can bully and doesn't know about SWF.

It entirely matter is if unbalanced. It thoroughly does. It's the main reason dodging happens.
    If SWF didn't use chat, or the game was balanced around chat, odds are dodging would be largely over with.
    Why the hell would/should killers humor unbalanced mechanics?
    Dodging is accepted probably because they can't restore balance yet.

I'm not suggesting people get banned for voice chat. I am suggesting that maybe the artistic part of the game, 4 solo survivors vs a killer, is basically dead, sadly. The antisocial aspect is what charmed me into this game.
    The game needs to be balanced around people using voice chat on both survivor and killer ends.

SWF abuses match making to get easier games. There's no end to the greens, purples, or even reds facing killers in their teens.
    Let's not pretend that survivors are innocent in all of this.
    Killers aren't angels either but they generally have to work inside the game, and it's limits.

It's a clear line between what's unfair that survivors do, and what's unfair that killers do. 
    Survivors use steroids.
    Killers use what's given to them, and have to play better to compensate for the survivors steroid abuse.

Voice chat is not part of the game. You cannot convince me it basically is, and/or that this game is remotely balanced for it.
  • Rebel_Raven

@Rebel_Raven said:
    twistedmonkey said:

Come to Xbox. Party system is part of the platform, I can invite all the rando's in the lobby to a party if I want. Maybe just man up and deal with it instead of complaining. Most SWF groups are really not as pro as people make them out to be. Also miscommunication is a thing, so...

I'm on ps4, and do have xbox. I'm well aware of how easy it is to use the console's chat systems.
    It's still not part of the game. You have to use outside chat sources from the game itself.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@Nickenzie said:

You're not entitled to a win anyways and besides, why not take a challenge for once? It's how you improve and when you go against survivors that you know won't pose not even a challenge to you, then why even play killer at that point? Sure, if you want a relaxing game that's understandable, but why play killer if that relaxing game will never happen because your idea of a relaxed game is when survivors don't use certain items, perks, add-ons, and skins? You minus well play survivor at that point and quit wasting the time of survivors who actually wanna play a game, ya know?

Oh yes, let's assume every survivor is a try hard and every SWF is the depip squad. You get a gold star for assuming the absolute worst about every survivor.
  • twistedmonkey
    edited February 2019
    All these replies just prove my point, dodging for anything that is accepted is just because you think it's unfair and not fun.

The devs accept voice chat, the devs could easily disable swf if they believe it is not meant to work that way, the devs willl not as playing with friends and voice chat go hand in hand and it would impact sales, that's the bottom line it IS part of the game third party program or not.

You want to keep cherry picking games and try to justify it nothing else, yes swf is unbalanced but it's a game and everything in it accepted should be fair game, the devs need to sort it it is not on the players to decide that and to think otherwise is just using an excuse to fit your narative.

Keep dodging though as like they did with those survivors who abused it as it was rh right thing to do the ability will be taken away from killers as well, you will then threaten to leave and say the queues will become long but in the end like all of what has been complained about in the past the game will go on and those of us that do accept the game as is flaws and all.

The decent players will continue to give feedback and the stats needed by playing each and every game helping the game become better without stamping our feet and cherry picking games pouting behind a monitor stating thats unfair.
  • Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

@twistedmonkey said:
    All these replies just prove my point, dodging for anything that is accepted is just because you think it's unfair and not fun.

The devs accept voice chat, the devs could easily disable swf if they believe it is not meant to work that way, the devs willl not as playing with friends and voice chat go hand in hand and it would impact sales, that's the bottom line it IS part of the game third party program or not.

You want to keep cherry picking games and try to justify it nothing else, yes swf is unbalanced but it's a game and everything in it accepted should be fair game, the devs need to sort it it is not on the players to decide that and to think otherwise is just using an excuse to fit your narative.

Keep dodging though as like they did with those survivors who abused it as it was rh right thing to do the ability will be taken away from killers as well, you will then threaten to leave and say the queues will become long but in the end like all of what has been complained about in the past the game will go on and those of us that do accept the game as is flaws and all.

The decent players will continue to give feedback and the stats needed by playing each and every game helping the game become better without stamping our feet and cherry picking games pouting behind a monitor stating thats unfair.

The International Chess Federation could decide rooks now get two moves for white while retaining 1 for black but it doesn't mean the players will accept it. You/They can make any grand proclamation but you can't force people to play like that. They simply log off or DC. Once you start banning people for doing so you'll end up with even longer queues as if you had willing replacements they'd be around already.

• knell

@twistedmonkey said:

I don't understand how you keep saying that 'voice chat' is part of the game, but 'killers choosing their own lobbies' isn't. Just as the devs forced SWF into the core game despite knowing it can be abused by voice chat, they also implemented a feature which allows killer to choose their own lobbies despite the fact that it can be used to cherry-pick. What's the problem? If you are arguing that one is 'part of the game,' so is the other.

Do you know what the true difference between SWF's 'voice chat' and killer's 'choosing his/her own lobby' is? Voice chat breaks the balance of the game, while killer choosing their own lobby attempts to correct that imbalance.

• Tsulan

This game has treated killers unfairly for a very long time. It wouldn't surprise me if the devs gave in again to the ridiculous demands of survivors. But this would kill the game. Only a small amount of masochistic killers will keep playing.
  • twistedmonkey
    edited February 2019
    knell said:

@twistedmonkey said:

I don't understand how you keep saying that 'voice chat' is part of the game, but 'killers choosing their own lobbies' isn't. Just as the devs forced SWF into the core game despite knowing it can be abused by voice chat, they also implemented a feature which allows killer to choose their own lobbies despite the fact that it can be used to cherry-pick. What's the problem? If you are arguing that one is 'part of the game,' so is the other.

Do you know what the true difference between SWF's 'voice chat' and killer's 'choosing his/her own lobby' is? Voice chat breaks the balance of the game, while killer choosing their own lobby attempts to correct that imbalance.

So why not allow survivors to dodge lobbies for what they think is unfair?

They allowed survivors to dodge lobbies but removed it as killer complained, now survivors are being dodged does that not constitute exactly the same scenario?

The lobby scenario to see survivors is so you can setup not to cherry pick but if you want that option removed by all means justify the behaviour.

It's just being hypocritical accept the game for what it is or it simply being petty about something you don't agree with nothing more.
  • twistedmonkey
    edited February 2019
    Tsulan said:

This game has treated killers unfairly for a very long time. It wouldn't surprise me if the devs gave in again to the ridiculous demands of survivors. But this would kill the game. Only a small amount of masochistic killers will keep playing.
    This has been said over and over, it's another "if you do this the game will die" it doesn't justifying abusing what you have to cherry pick, of you don't like the game and can't accept it what it is why play it anyway?

Nerf NOED the game will die, remove pallets the game will die, nerf flashlights the game will die, each time these posts appear when a change happens someone just doesnt like and guess what! The game has grown.
  • knell
    edited February 2019

@twistedmonkey said:
    So why not allow survivors to dodge lobbies for what they think is unfair?

They allowed survivors to dodge lobbies but removed it as killer complained, now survivors are being dodged does that not constitute exactly the same scenario?

The lobby scenario to see survivors is so you can setup not to cherry pick but if you want that option removed by all means justify the behaviour.

It's just being hypocritical accept the game for what it is or it simply being petty about something you don't agree with nothing more.

Like I said, when killers close down lobbies, it's to correct the imbalance of SWF and Voice Chat. Why would the survivors need to dodge certain killers? What game imbalance are they correcting?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan said:

This has been said over and over, it's another "if you do this the game will die" it doesn't justifying abusing what you have to cherry pick, of you don't like the game and can't accept it what it is why play it anyway?

Nerf NOED the game will die, remove pallets the game will die, nerf flashlights the game will die, each time these posts appear when a change happens someone just doesnt like and guess what! The game has grown.
    I agree on the why play anyway part.
    Killers will just stop playing. 
  • malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

I'll dodge swf for shits and giggles now. I know how much of a pain it is for them to keep re-queueing up together over and over and over. It makes me giddy lol. Especially since everyone here bitches about it. Other than that the only thing I'm dodging is when I play survivor and the killer has insane pig or my team is 3 squadettes p3 with flashlights. I don't wanna play with that ######### cause I know what's gonna happen to my ass. I'm gonna get farmed. As a killer, like I said I'll just dodge some swf teams cause they look super sweaty and it makes me happy to make them get together in the lobby again :)

You are soooo cooool. Damn.