Options
124»

Comments

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524
    edited September 2022
    Options

Sure. bye then.

This is not an airport. you don't need to announce your departure.

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 219
    Options

Hunk should have had unique chase music, I mean just listen to his theme music:

https://youtu.be/h_qJnrgrOLE

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

I'm pretty sure the reason they don't respond to legitimate game balance discussions is because then it's seen as BHVR taking a stance on the issue, which creates expectations of change and often incorrect understandings of their position (because such posts will be cited for years to come - we already see that happen constantly.)

That stuff's handled internally - so Peanits probably could chime in if he thought it was a good idea, but Mandy certainly can't, and she's usually the one we're talking to. So she can answer low-effort questions all day, and swat down saltposters, but I would imagine she doesn't have the authority or internal confirmation to respond to the trending questions like "why was Blast Mine nerfed" or "why did Wesker's hitboxes get nerfed so badly," much less respond to someone's specific suggestion and get construed as BHVR's Official Stance On This Thing And Definitely Something They're Going To Do. Which is almost definitely why Peanits doesn't do it either. Expectations getting out of hand or not being able to be met have backfired in the past.

It's also probably because the community is... schizoid at best when it comes to providing game balance suggestions, and you know that if BHVR got involved in a topic, everyone with any investment in that issue would come piling in to throw in their often insanely biased two cents - combine that with the general undercurrent of anger at BHVR and I think it'd descend into chaos. As much as I'd love to be involved in the discussion, and as genuinely impressed I am by some of the solutions I've seen people cook up, and how often I feel frustrated by the lack of reaction or sensible solutions to issues the community clearly highlights... I think the best we can hope for is that those posts get read and forwarded to the design team. Maybe some more liberal use of the "BHVR read" flag, or letting people know when their posts have been looked at, would go a long way towards letting people know they're heard.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074
    Options
  • GravelordNito99
    GravelordNito99 Member Posts: 220
    Options

I understand that point entirely. But the point is that it's selective. They don't need to promise anything, only give indication that the constructive criticism being given is actually being seen. Then maybe they'll be encouraging more of it.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

In that case, I agree, it'd be much appreciated to get more common feedback on well-reasoned suggestion threads.

I'd just hope people wouldn't construe "we see this" as "we're gonna do this."

• TheDarkTyrant
    Options

Yeah I made a post about the full release. I assume that was from the PTB or earlier.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

One of the best updates and chapters I witnessed.

Only 2 things I hate about it. Blast mine nerf and feng skin

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,424
    edited September 2022
    Options

There is a "BHVR Read" reaction (basically upvote that is only available to staff) but that doesn't get used anymore for unknown reasons. It is perfect for showing that feedback was read without committing to anything.

I asked about why it's not used anymore, but the thread was ignored:

Welcome to the club 🙂

🦆🦂

• SlowLoris
    SlowLoris Member Posts: 281
    Options

Did you also have a post "disappear"?

Could we get a Mod/Dev response on this. I'd just like to know if our posts were actually removed or there was a forum bug. My comment doesn't even show up on my profile, and I spent 40 minutes carefully writing that feedback for you guys. It was critical, but constructive, and honest. While I know nobody likes to get negative feedback, I feel it should be okay to receive actual well thought out constructive feedback.

If this was a bug on the forums I can accept that, but to be quite honest, it feels pretty defeating to just have my message disappear and have to assume it was deleted without a response, because that starts to feel like censorship. I assume that's not the case, because a post like OP's post is left, and I would assume a post like mine that was very carefully written would surely come across much better. So, if OP's post wasn't deleted, I can only assume there is no way mine would be.

• GravelordNito99
    GravelordNito99 Member Posts: 220
    Options

I think it was a bug for a while. Mine disappeared, but has now reappeared.

• Heliosse
    Heliosse Member Posts: 78
    Options

Honestly, having a rocket launcher and a sprint (and even the tentacle) could work. The thing is, why would Behaviour work on it when you are the only one asking for it (tbf im pretty hyped by your ideas). Like very few people on the forum are interested with your ideas, and people are just happy with nemesis rn apparently. (which is weird bc alot of people are complaining everyday about him). I think nemesis is fine, i love the character and im happy to play him even without the rocket launcher, but him being redesigned to have more gameplay would be dope so i like your ideas, i think killer should have more options in their gameplay overall (same for survivors), an anti body block mechanic, grab, ect. But it would destroy the original design of the game so i just take what the devs drops (Props to the devs i love their game, started when the clown dropped)

• bittercranberry
    bittercranberry Member Posts: 454
    Options

id say give up honestly... if BHVR wanted to do a good job on the source material they would've done it by now... for christ sake they released a 2nd chapter without fixing chris's face and nemesis AI zombie...

just play RE, this game is just a cash grab at this point.

• TheDarkTyrant
    Options

Overtime more and more have kinda wanted to see what a more accurate Nemesis would be like. I think people like to defend what's new but in the future some realize... Hey, wouldn't this be cooler this way? Happened with Nemesis and it'll probably happen with Wesker. It's annoying though when you have devs that don't care about the licenses. Even though I don't care about some licenses I still want them to be good or accurate. Say FNAF. I don't like FNAF at all anymore but even if they did, I would really hope they try to do it accurate as possible for DBD. I don't want them to start giving them phantoms or whatever as a power. Doesn't really fit the characters.

• TheDarkTyrant
    Options

That's the attitude that keeps us in these situations though. It's what keeps happening in gaming even though the fans are the ones who have the power to have this stuff changed. The only reason Madden and EA keep doing their bs every year is because people eat it up. The reason BHVR doesn't care to do RE right is because we just let them do it and no one does anything. This is why Freddy is still so boring when his original version was much, much cooler and more fun. We just say "Don't play Freddy or whatever" instead of trying to get them improved. Instead we're asking for Shirtless Felix.

• Heliosse
    Heliosse Member Posts: 78
    Options

Of course, i love fnaf, i am waiting for fnaf plus and fnaf JR was a blast, sadly the main games except the 4 first games are... not cool. Fnaf in dbd would be cool, it s in my wishlist with alien, batim, it and soma/amnesia. I agree with the "accurate license thingy" but honestly, im just glad of what we have. Hell, i have done my own chapter and add on pass just to laugh a little with friends, even if the real thing is not like that at all. To go back to the topic, i think Nemesis is okay, i would like more but i am glad of what we have rn, when i joind the game for the fist time, i would do some "nemesis" build and now i can play the guy himself. Even if he's not super duper accurate it s still really nice. Maybe one day your tenacity will pay (it s funny how you behave, kinda like the nemesis himself, you know what you want and you are not giving up, props to that)

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

Jesus dude, give it a rest. It's clear that the mods are even starting to get fed up.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

The only thing I truly hated was feng getting jills skin

• TheDarkTyrant
    Options

Well I'm sorry but I actually want good content from DBD's RE since I love RE but all I've gotten is the characters being butchered sloppily right in front of me because people can't understand how to get the simplest characters right when they've gotten more complex characters right. I doubt people will be happy once their favorite license is possibly massacred by DBD. Alien will come in where he infects someone with his inner mouth instead of a face hugger or something stupid like that. That's what they did to RE.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

Mate, how many times do people have to tell you that characters are never going to 100% accurate to their source material. Nemesis was never going to get his flamethrower or rocket launcher and Wesker was not going to have a gun because they don't fit the theme of the game.

• TheDarkTyrant
    Options

Mate, how many times to do I have to tell people that I was never looking for 100%? I've layed it out hundreds of times. People.for some reason just think I'm asking for these characters to like instamurder someone or something because they probably don't even read or might not know how to. All I've said is give Nemesis his rocket launcher and sprint which would fit better than his current power and would be awesome and accurate enough and Wesker should just have his sprint but he didn't even have that. None of these characters should've been in DBD if this is how they wanted to treat them. I hope one day they could just be ripped out of the game for everyone if they won't fix it.

• bittercranberry
    bittercranberry Member Posts: 454
    Options

ok i chuckled since im one of the few that have asked for shirtless felix lolol

it sucks but its up to the majority and not the minority to make a difference... and you have people in this community that eat up anything just like people in the EA and basketball community. cant really tell others how to spend their money unfortunately but hey if dropping money on DBD every 3 months makes you happy then go for it.

& i can't believe peanits comment has over 100Likes also lmaoo he said that like they just did a good job LOL

• TheDarkTyrant
    Options

I mean people can ask for something like a shirtless Felix or something like that but I don't get how people can ask for that but I can't ask for a character to be more accurate. For some reason that's a bad thing and I assume they believe it does less for the game than shirtless Felix or something.