Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Project W Is Pathetic

Comments

• Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600

Buddy, this is just nonsensical. The game has LOTS, and I mean LOTS of flaws that still need to be addressed, but this is just so unnecessary. Nemesis also has a tentacle, that grows back, and that he uses to catch people and/or infect them (iirc). Sure, I don't recall seeing him use it as a whip against said people, but so what? Dead by Daylight isn't Resident Evil, buddy. You don't have guns, let alone ammo to use here on humans (survivors), who also still remain technically alive when killed. It doesn't have to be realistic, otherwise it wouldn't be a game. Wesker has Uroboros, just like he had in RE5. I am not going to say that BHVR is extremely good at doing it (the other way around, actually), but a videogame needs to be balanced. If you had Wesker running around as he could do in RE5, where would the balance be? Limitations have to be put somewhere. If Predator is ever to come to the game, would you cry about him not having any trees to climb on top of? If a Xenomorph was to come as a killer, would you complain about survivors not screaming "it came out of the f**king wall" every time they saw said Alien? I mean, come on, have some common sense here.

Now, I agree on the fact that Feng and Felix's skins suck, and I would never buy them. But that's the neat part. They are OPTIONAL cosmetics, nobody is forcing you to buy them. And if they got created, it means they were approved from Capcom. Same as the HUNK skin, which I love, personally. Because I love the character, and I am happy to see him put to more use than the limited one Capcom has had in store for him. Sure, he could have been a survivor, too, but so what? It doesn't have to be exactly as depicted in the franchise he comes from, under every aspect. If it was to be like that, HUNK would have to come out as a skin that doesn't let you get sacrificed and allows you to kill the killer, if you are a survivor, or someone that simply wins you the match, as a killer.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    edited August 2022

Nurse feedback has been going on since months already, basically since she was recoded and turned her into an easy 4k machine, and yet you still have to do something about it.

Blights add-ons have been considered extremely busted since his release.

The state of solo-queue and horrible matchmaking have been an ongoing feedback since the game release basically

You have plenty of valid feedback everywhere, but I guess telling you to eat toe nails is what gets you to actually reply to a thread so you can be sassy about it

• typervader
    typervader Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 507

Oh i know he wants the rocket launcher, but im asking HOW. How could it possibly work in the game and be balacned while still feeling like a rocket launcher?

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

Don't know why you people act like asking to just simply have the rocket launcher and sprint in the power is asking too much. It's not. What I ask for is simple.

• TheDarkTyrant

Yes DBD isn't RE. Sol why did they try to implement RE with the zombies? The simple fact is, the stuff Nemesis does works just fine for DBD.

• Blue_Archer33
    Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318

It's been said before, but apparantly it needs to he said again.

You can't perfectly capture every part of a character that everyone will want to see when you add that character to a new game. You know what will? The game they are from. Play them instead.

Sure, it's reasonable for us to want our favorite characters to be as accurate as POSSIBLE when they're added to DBD, but a perfect representation will never happen.

Pyramid Head doesn't run or draw using his knife. Yet he does in DBD.

Sadako doesn't harm you before your time is up. Yet she does in DBD. (not to mention the cursed tape mechanic not making sense lore-wise).

Pinhead doesn't harm you before you try to solve the Lament Configuration. Yet he does in DBD.

Freddy can't harm you before you're in the dream world. Yet he does in DBD (now, at least. RIP original Freddy).

I can go on, but you get the point - Characters have to be reduced a bit to fit into the concept of the game. It doesn't have to be all-or-nothing either like you say, DarkTyrant. Sure, I'd love for that terror of a slowly approaching Pyramid Head that can kill me in one swipe if he reaches me, but the way he is adapted into DBD is also very fun because it is adapted to fit the game.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 592

please fix jill's re1 costume, her hair just looks weird under her beret. it is extremely off putting. I love that costume but I just can't buy it in it's current state. Her hair should not cover her left eye at all. The motion her hair makes just rotating her looks bad. Delete a few strands or something. Please I want to give you my money.

• TheDarkTyrant

This is what I've been saying. People can't grasp what I'm saying when I tell them as clear as I can. I'm not asking for perfect accuracy. I simply asked for Nemesis to have his sprint and rocket launcher. That's not perfect accuracy. If I wanted that I'd be asking for him to be able to just walk through ever of wall in DBD or kill you whenever he gets you. That's clearly not what I ever ask for but some think I do even when I have addressed that same exact point many times.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    edited August 2022

I woke up to a rant on my xbox DMd about how all the new skins suck, All the outfits are wrong, #########, terrible etc.

One of my friends is a huge H.U.N.K. fan so I thought hed be happy to have him here but that just started a Legion Sucks rant.

God, I swear the RE superfans are the worst because theyare draining all my excitement and happiness

Feng got a Jill skin as Jill got a new skin LOL that's honestly hilarious to me. Insta buy just to spite my RE friends.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063
    edited August 2022

I think the cosplay skins are hilarious. It'd be amazing to have a Jill/Chris in your lobby and swap to Feng/Leon to match them, and be their adoring fan for the round. It doesn't hurt anyone to have them, and it was a free outfit design to adapt - why the heck not?

(I do get the disappointment about H.U.N.K., but I think that's because virtually nobody enjoys playing as or against Legion. But again, way cooler to have than not.)

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,981

I like Felix cosmetics but I am not buying because its a set. No thanks.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,674

1) Wesker's slam hitbox is way too narrow, and I've watched streamers miss hits where Wesker was pretty much shoulder checking the survivor. This also means that the length of the 2nd dash often doesn't matter, because survivors can micro dodge the 2nd dash if you try using it anywhere near max range.

2) Wesker's power still sometimes messes up on vaults and pallets, where sometimes Wesker's uses his power towards a vault or pallet, and he neither hits the survivor or vaults. The power just stops, then he has to go through a long cooldown before he can vault or break the pallet. Pallet hits are extra buggy if Wesker is dashing at an angle.

3) It feels bad when Wesker throws someone and they take zero damage, because Wesker sometimes can't line himself up so the throw connects with something if the survivor is running towards an open area.

4) Giving survivors yet another perk that can remove 100% grunts of pain also feels bad. Why is this allowed, and by so many perks? And why can't stridor counter this, at least partially?

• Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600

Cause they were trying to give such an important license something unique, maybe. Stuff gets stale and ideas tend to be lacking, when you have created so much stuff, which means that you need to recycle old ideas into something somewhat new (if you can't think of anything else). But that still isn't the case for DbD, as there isn't so much stuff involved. Give them room for something different, when they can. There is already so much tunneling and camping for all of the killers, at least powers can be different.

• TheDarkTyrant

I've said they can balance it however they want. Even if Nemesis was balanced as the worst killer in the game, I'm fine with that as long as they have the rocket launcher as sprint.

• TheDarkTyrant

Well how would you explain it? This is what I say. All I ask for is the rocket launcher and sprint to be part of his power. They can balance it however they want. It's their job to balance it. My concern is simply having those 2 things. How is that not clear?

• TheDarkTyrant

But why doesn't Chris have his outfit first? I don't really care about Feng's. Jill has it so it's fine but Felix is annoying because the actual character it's based on should've had it first.

• TheDarkTyrant

Well people shouldn't just eat it up if they don't like it.

• TheDarkTyrant

Oh yeah Neca is making so Dinosaurs figures. They always looked pretty creepy to me though.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063
    edited August 2022

Because Chris is a legendary character and can't have alternate outfits by dint of how those work. It's a shame that it is that way, or that Chris isn't his own survivor, but any alternate outfits for Chris would need to be separate overpriced legendary skins.

Also, I thought that WAS Chris's outfit placed on Felix.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

I will be buying feng cosmetic and hunk. Weaker is only fun to me for his lines. Maybe play resistance if you want the rocket.

• TheWheelOfCheese
    TheWheelOfCheese Member Posts: 666

Wesker's dash not going THROUGH survivors without picking them up would be a good start. It's hard to believe this went through a PTB and any internal QA with how unbelievably janky his power's hitboxes are.

You run into stuff all over the map. The slightest bush protrusion stops you dead in your tracks.

But if you dash into a survivor you just glide right through them.

I'm shelving this killer next to Trapper until the bugs are worked out, because he's unplayable right now.

• TheDarkTyrant

Why not? That's why you add new stuff. Once you buy the legendary character you can buy more (hopefully very rare priced skins) OR if you don't have Chris yet, you can click on him and it'll let you choose which one you want and the very first purchase will be the legendary skin price. Every other purchase after will be 1080.

• TheDarkTyrant

I do play REsistance. I always try to get people to try it out because it's awesome for any RE fan. Much better choice than DBD for RE fans.

• TheDarkTyrant

I say this every time. Maybe I should get better at saying that in the initial post but I constantly say it in the replies over and over.

• TheDarkTyrant

Yeah. It's a shame. Well I have to but I don't like it since the prices for a lot of stuff is just bad.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    edited August 2022
  • VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Peanits I demand to stop these tonail eaters that we get the "Bloody Nail Clippers" charm for both Survivors and Killers. That will fix everything

• VikingDragonXii

Well if you played that I think Operation Rancoon City where you played as Umbrella Operatives, Hunk was EXTREMELY evil in that one...aslo he was a total dick

• VikingDragonXii

No you find out Human Resources is Sans from Undertale

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

The problem is that your initial posts are full looney fan and then people have to squeeze a more reasonable-sounding take out of you afterwards, even if both have the same intended meaning for you.

Which has the effect of everyone thinking you're just a looney fan and dismissing you outright.

• TheDarkTyrant

I've made long in detail posts in the past and people do the same thing. I don't think that's why. People can complain about many things in DBD and RE fans complain a lot about RE stuff but then when it comes to DBD it's completely different apparently.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

CALLED IT. SOMEBODY PICK UP THE PHONE, CUZ I ######### CALLED IT.

• VikingDragonXii

That's the thing how can you balance the ticket launcher in every game a rocket launcher is in it causes death. Besides the rocket launcher is not what makes him iconic, I never remembered him for it I remembered him and enjoyed him was how he was first introduced..... shoving a tentacle through a certain S.T.A.R.S. members face....

• CyberRoninX
    CyberRoninX Member Posts: 293

I refuse to spend money on this game until they fix the state of soloq. Its just not worth it anymore.

• TheDarkTyrant

The introduction is also iconic. That should've probably been the mori. The rocket launcher is still iconic though. It really is his most iconic thing. If it wasn't then he wouldn't have it every where he shows up. Besides DBD of course.

• TheDarkTyrant

I mean yeah it's pretty obvious I would've made these unless they changed it. Not that surprising.

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575
    edited August 2022

Fix Felix's skin name. It's BSAA Chris costume, not STARS one. I thought you guys were "huge RE fans".

• TheDarkTyrant
    edited August 2022

There's nothing real!y special about this chapter. I played a few matches and I'm just tired already. The killer just isn't fun. I mean what makes these chapters special is paying respect to the licensed characters but you don't get that or fun gameplay here really. At minimum Nemesis was fun. At least for me he was. Wesker is just clunky and may look cool in a video or something but it gets old quickly.

The maps are cool. I enjoy the maps a lot. So yeah. End of the map section.

One of my favorite parts is actually the music and it's just bland here again. I just do not care for the music. Nemesis had some phenomenal music. With Wesker I feel like I'm facing a boss but not iconic final boss material. Like Krauser level boss is how I feel I'm playing as.

I'm gonna be honest the skins are too much. I think there is too many skins. I would've just made it only the new characters and release the rest far later by themselves.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • TheDarkTyrant

So in the first chapter, based on its content, I determined that the only RE licenses they had was RE2R, RE3R, RE4 and RE5. It seems like 1 more had joined that which is RE0 because of Rebecca's alternate outfit.

I don't think her alternate outfit exists anywhere else but RE0 but if I'm wrong please correct me.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

No offense, fam, you know I love you, but even if they changed it, you would have still complained.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Imagine hunk being chased by killers and escaping like weak ass people

• TheDarkTyrant

Well we haven't been in that scenario yet. I mean I would be the happiest person if they changed someone like Nemesis to at minimum have the rocket launcher and sprint. Sure I would obviously say I don't like certain things. I would be wanting them to change it so much though like I do now if it was just like music or the model being slightly off. The entire power is just inaccurate though which is why I even do this.