Remember Me Encourages Tunneling

I think it's a little weird that with all the effort that's been put into reducing/discouraging tunneling, Remember Me has been left completely unchanged. This perk not only encourages tunneling, but is basically perfectly designed around tunneling.

First off, you're rewarded for hitting the same person over and over again. Remember me only gives you tokens if you hit the obsession. Matter of fact, it also has the perfect number of tokens for tunneling a person off of hook each time. Two hits to down, one hit to down and hook again, and one to that one more time. Then the person is dead and you have maximum tokens.

Secondly, the fact that the obsession is immune to the effects of Remember Me. This effect encourages tunneling them out of the match. A killer wouldn't want to put in the effort to get maximum tokens for remember me, just for the obsession to be the one to open the gate, making Remember Me a wasted perk slot.

Here's what I'd propose for Remember Me to make it so it doesn't encourage tunneling. I don't know if thematically it would work fantastically, but gameplay-wise, I believe it would be healthier though:

Every time the obsession is hit, a new survivor becomes the obsession.

Remove the effect where the obsession is immune to the effects of Remember Me.

I believe this would keep its gameplay effects basically identical, while no longer encouraging tunneling the obsession.

Comments