We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Suggested new Survivor base-kit ability: Shove

I've had this on my mind for a while and I wanted to share with the community and get feedback on the idea.

Primary purpose of shove: to allow a survivor that is trapped by body blocking a means to escape.

Description: While not running, press the "activate ability" button to perform a shove action. Survivors in front of you that are not performing a conspicuous action or running will be pushed 1 meter away from you.

I've also added ideas for more utility of the shove action:

Survivors can also shove into the killer to very briefly stun them (.5 seconds, does not cause the killer to drop a carried survivor). Survivors can also shove into a breakable wall or a dropped pallet to damage it. Walls or pallets that are damaged 4 times by survivors will be destroyed. Damaged walls or pallets can be destroyed faster by the killer; walls or pallets that have been damaged 3 times by survivors can be destroyed with a basic attack. Shove causes a loud noise notification. Shove causes the exhausted status effect for 10 seconds. Cannot shove while exhausted.

These added utilities could:

Allows survivors an added risk/reward for attempting to rescue a carried or chased survivor (a .5 second stun is faster than a basic attack recovery (unless STBFL) if a survivor gets hit before stunning). Allows survivors to open an advantageous breakable wall at a cost of 30 seconds (or 4 seconds with a full team effort), or attempt to counterplay spirit fury by removing unbroken dropped pallets that the killer might have been saving.

The exhausted effect would keep the ability in line so that one survivor couldn't abuse it. Survivors would no longer be subject to the toxic behavior of being held hostage by either other survivors or killers. One player may not be able to meaningfully get rid of pallets that a Spirit Fury killer is saving. Teaming up for object damaging or killer stunning is losing generator efficiency and risking health states.

Those are my thoughts! Let me know what you all think!

Comments