Survivors Average BP Gains Should Be Increased

Options
Pulsar
Pulsar Member Posts: 20,618
edited March 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

That's all. Even with the bonus at 100%, I still find Survivors who often get less than I would if Killer had no bonus.

The BP discrepancy should be reduced, is there any reason why it shouldn't be?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,429
    Options

I still think all living survivors should get a score event any time a gen is completed, regardless of what they're doing.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,234
    Options

I use prove thyself and usually coh to maximise my bp as survivor. I reliably get over 20K bp but still less than usually on killer 25-35K bp. But survivor matches are usually lot quicker so there is that you can play even two games in same time while you play only one killer game. For me killer sacrifice category is problem how are you supposed to maximise that?

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,731
    Options

This is about Survivor bloodpoint gains and how they are not equivalent to Killer at ALL

Indeed and people chose to not engage with the Killer, you get more points for engaging. Its a choice mate.

• Pulsar
    Options

I think it's some combination of sacrifices during EGC and moris

• Emeal
    Options

Completely wrong, you can get loads of chase by preventing the Killer in getting the other survivors.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

Agree, there should be some sort of "focused" bonus if you find yourself in a game where you are the one doing the majority of x(gens, unhooking + healing, getting chased, etc.) That is a BP multiplier or just some flat bonus. Sometimes you end up being the gen jockey or the killer is tunneling you and you don't have a chance to do much of anything else.

I do like the idea floated above about certain events giving the entire team blood points. Each X that happens, all survivors not directly involved in X get Y% blood points(unhooking, gens completed, idk what else)

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368
    Options

Hard Agree.

• King_Viper
    King_Viper Member Posts: 45
    Options

right... you get more points for coop .but Ill be on a gen and other survivor walk right past me. so I do a 4 solo gens and finish at the bottom. Doing a gen solo should get more bp. one of the main objectives to get through the match.

• Emeal
    edited March 2023
    Options

wow a single killer not playing the game has invalidated my point so anyway, yeah. Engage with the Killer to gain bloodpoints.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,000
    edited March 2023
    Options

In general, all of my 'good' games, as survivor or killer, that involve a lot of variety in actions, where I/the killer don't camp and tunnel, multiple hooks are made, and regardless of escape/kill ratio, all of these games result in fairly equal scores between all players, survivors and killer. Because survivors are making multiple hook saves, multiple heals, and repairing multiple gens.

The cases where killer score dwarfs the survivors scores, is usually when camping and tunnelling are in play, or when the killer dominates the game and kills everyone too quickly at like 4/5 gens left, or when a player DCs/ragequits.

In the cases where survivors get low scores because they're eliminated quickly, it's a sad result, but it's not strictly 'unfair'. If you played for half the time, and only got half the score, so what? It's proportional. You get to the next game quicker where you can earn more BP.

In the cases where survivors get low scores specifically because they were camped, tunnelled or sandbagged, it's absolutely 'unfair'. It might be a quick game, but it may also not be a quick game, and either way, the low score will feel unjustified.

Increases to all BP gains on average, across the board, isn't the answer, as it would just end up giving survivors unearned higher scores in the 'good' games, which leaves the killer feeling hard done by for playing fairly. Instead, what there needs to be is additional score events in certain instances that mitigate the unfair 'loss' of BP when survivors are camped/tunnelled/sandbagged.

For example:

• 1000 Distraction BP score in the 'Objective' category, for each generator completed while you are; in a chase, or on a hook with the killer within 32 meters.
    • 500 Distraction BP score in the 'Altruism' category, for each health state gained by another survivor while you are; in a chase, or on a hook with the killer within 32 meters.

This would mean that even if circumstances beyond your direct control prevent you from taking actions in the Objective and Altruism categories, you can still earn a varied score and get fair compensation for your role in distracting the killer from your team mates.

Additionally, this would encourage survivors who are camped/tunnelled to 'hang on' for longer, in order to gain more BP and give their team a better chance.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    Options

Hard agree. Something like giving 1000 survival points when a gen gets done (5000 for all 5 gens getting done + 5000 for escaping). Maybe everyone gets about 500 Altruism points when someone gets safely unhooked. Just something so it doesn't feel like a competition between survivors to get bp, and actually have it be a team effort.

While we're at it, I think it should be easier for survivors to pip as well. As killer I can reliable always double pip, if games go amazingly or a single pip of things go ok. As survivor it feels impossible to double pip and even in games I've done well, I barely pip, cus I'm either being chased all game, being the gen jockey, someone gets tunneled out, someone gets camped, someone takes all the hunook etc. It feels like a competition between survivors. Especially at red grade it can feel impossible to pip, unless you go out of your way to try. Since Grade Reset I've already hit Gold Grade 1 killer vs Silver Grade 4 survivor and I've played both equally.

I feel like escaping should be a guaranteed pip and then the second depends on what you did. It feels dumb that you can escape a game and only safety pip.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,000
    Options

I would maybe add a caveat to this that you only guarantee a 1 pip on escaping, if the exit gates were powered.

It's entirely possible to do nothing all game and escape through the hatch or an exit after the hatch has been closed. That's not a 'win', and shouldn't be a pip.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Hard disagree. Survivors should´nt get more bloodpoints, just because they hug gens harder.

If you interact with the killer/other survivors you´ll get easily as much bloodpoints as the killer. If not more.

• CakeDuty
    Options

Yeah, that's fair. Then only what you've done throughout the match would count. I mostly mean those games where something out of your control happens, yet you escape through the gates and don't get a pip cus the killers tunneled, camped or couldn't catch anybody.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,135
    Options

You can even do all you could in that match, escape through the gate and still depip 😬

But yes, I agree. - Either escaping is a guaranteed pip or depips get removed. Personally, I'd be fine with both routes.

Good point. - Also that it's not the "escape through exit gates" but "regardless of means of escape so long as exit gates were powered" (Though maybe "if all gens have been completed" since technically the exit gates also get powered if the killer closes hatch --- and if you then use a key to escape through hatch it'd be the same as before)

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options
  • CakeDuty
    Options

I do like the idea of 40k still being the max, but categories are uncapped, so someone who's been chased all game or done all the gens, still get a considerable amount of bp

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Yes. Because sometimes, its simply not possible to do everything. You maxed out points in one category and at least for me, the motivation to keep doing that category goes down.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Pyramid head invalidates unhook points

Twins invalidate chase points

Plague invalidates heal points

Why are you so against more points in general? Literally nothing bad can come from this

• Emeal
    Options

Come on now, not every down is gonna be a caging and Killers are allowed to be different too. That's what makes the game fun.

More points for no reason that isnt earned is bad cause it isnt earned by playing and engaging the game.

Plus if will give Survivors way way way more points to buy things on the bloodweb with. No thanks to that.

• LismJack
    LismJack Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 15
    Options

It's very difficult for survivors reach 30K point , you either max escape or bold point . but you will gain decent point once you reach 30K , 100% bonus BP + cake ( if you have ) .

But yeah , most of the time you will only max up the Objective point , can't even max the escape point . cake is depend on the killer's play style , each match's BP is unstable at the moment.

• Hi_Im_Chucky
    Hi_Im_Chucky Member Posts: 366
    Options

Yeah, it’s a team effort. Add the survivor points up together and you’re vastly out earning the Killer in BP, yet you’re upset you’re earning less? The game is always rewarding survivor side more BP but because you have to share your acting like Killer earns everything lol. He’s working hard by himself to achieve a portion of BP that a survivor team can earn equally even if they get destroyed, seems unfair to me.

Killers should be bumped up to what survivors get to split. Looks nice to say uhhhh, Killer earns so much, he got 32k BP when my team got

• 7k BP.

Oh wait, so Killer got 32k and survivors got 51k BP? Guess we should bump survivors up with more BP to make it fair? Lol okay…

• Emeal
    Options

There are still chase points to be had, the idea you guys are trying to to put out there is false. Anyone can look avg. chase points vs that and see that people still leave with a substantial amount.

There’s already too many items on both sides. It’s not an issue they can and will solve anymore so no harm done

Wrong, loads of harm is being done.

The Healing Meta is crazy right now. Survivors don't need even more points for Medkits.

Generators are flying by I am seeing BNP very often and twice a game. Survivors don't need even more points for Toolboxes.

Survivors have enough for now and for a long time.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,367
    Options

It is pretty odd. Like yeah the average is gonna be less because the killer is guarenteed to be there for the entire game and survivors can die but even when you compare survivors who escape to killer, killer still usually wins out.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

But... on Switch I put every Bloodpoint I make as killer into survivor. Does that mean my BP gains as killer should be lowered?

Survivor BP gains suck, the killer and my teammates have more control over what I get to do than I do a lot of the time, and if I max out in whatever category I've been stuck in then I often just refuse to do it anymore (which may mean insta death) because it's now become a waste of my time. Other players I know are the same way. It's a bad system.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

If you’re seeing them so often how I’ll more points make it worse? Any survivor worth their salt has all the items they need to be sweaty

The healing meta is stupid but that’s why we nerf medkit not keep survivor points low to “reduce” the number of medkits

• Emeal
    Options

case then ill likely see them even more and used every game.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Maybe because killer already misses the incentive of playing with friends and is the more stressful, multitasking, micromanaging role?

Survivor have downtime when not in chase, killer is non stop action. Many even listen to music or have a stream open on a second screen (anecdotes from other forum members over the years).

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

If the killer sucks you won't get jack for altruism. The only way to get decent points in objective is to run Prove Thy Self. Unless you escape your survival points will be a joke. Boldness is the only category not in a bad spot.

• Pulsar
    Options

Yes.

Every Exposed hit from Killers should grant double Brutality, like Oni's Strike.

• Emeal
    Options

Its a related topic for sure, You can easily buy meta with bloodpoints. And with more points the problem will become even worse.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,310
    Options

Killer gets more points because killer has to put in more effort. They have to chase all four survivors, hit all four survivors, hook all four survivors, kick all the generators, kick all the pallets, and use their power as much as possible. They get more points because they do more stuff.

If you're having an easy survivor match because the killer isn't good and you don't have enough points, then go mess around. Open all the chests, cleanse all the totems, loop him around for funsies since they're so bad. Wanna let yourself get downed and hooked so your teammates can get Altruism points?

• Emeal
    Options

Nope, like I said. its a related topic. You can buy really powerful thing with blood points.

I am not raging, its clearly issues that affect each other.