Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

[Discussion] Many streamers, players leave the game, why?

Th3Nightmare
Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266
edited April 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Although I am going to receive a barrage of various negative comments that the game is on the right track, I will leave my point of view with more than 6200 hours in the game after 7 years.

I will be clear and to the point.

It's great that BHVR introduces these patches (like the 6.7.0 mid chapter) to balance some elements of the game (maps, perks) but... what's the point?

After a few months, the game will fall more and more because every player adapts and in the end you won't find any point of balance.

Since 2016 the game has evolved with respect to various balance changes: healing times, perk adjustments, map adjustments, some other changes in the game system such as (action times, repair, among other actions), among the addition of a "new mechanic" of blessing totems to create an area zone and... THE NEW "endgame collapse" MECHANIC.

For me of all this, the innovative thing was the endgame collapse.

Speaking of this mentioned, really if we stop to look at it, from 2016 to 2023, some changes have been to "adjust numbers" what do I mean by this so that it is understood?

For example: Healing in 2016, did you heal in less than... 4-5 seconds yourself? I don't remember, but it was super fast, as of today, it has changed values to heal you slower with the addition of the PERKS boons totems mechanic.

The rest, changes in perks (some other numbers, introduction of flailing hooks LIKE PERK... among other things...) For me, this is not imnovating, for me this is to continue introducing more "PERKS" to the game, with different For the purposes, for me what really means innovation was the introduction of the ENDGAME collapse or also the introduction of the totem boons, although the totem boons don't seem like SOMETHING VERY BIG to me.

With all this I want to say that many years have passed, where BHVR has not refreshed any mechanics to the current times 2023, such as the theme of loops, generators, doors...

and even looking for a gameplay PERKS renewal, I know this is not done in a day, but... the question is:

Will BHVR keep introducing more and more PERKS as the MAIN MECHANIC of the game? and... will BHVR continue to adjust numbers of perks, healing in the coming years? Obviously I don't know, but apparently with the latest patches yes (I understand that it is super necessary to adjust perks and all this field.)

And to finish, my final thought: I would like you to refresh the game mechanics: like the loop system, add some new mechanics so that the game feels alive in 2023.

I don't know, as an old player, I like that they introduce new content, BALANCE, because the game needs this, but you should also think about refreshing your GAME (how your game works) without altering the main mechanics too much, but making changes that THERE IS a difference compared to 2016, because really if we look at this part, IT IS THE SAME.

Nothing more to add, I hope for some future in the 7th anniversary.

Comments