Nice accessibility

Options
ShinobuSK
ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

This game doesn't have FOV slider since most games made in 1994 dont have it, on top of its horrible default FOV is 87

I cannot play killer without shadowborn and you make challenges like this?

I am unable to get any killer adepts because default vision makes my head hurt after few minutes. Which is fine, dont care about trophies in dbd anyway but this is truly something else.

Well done

Comments

• Vhillain
    Vhillain Member Posts: 123
    Options

Not every achievement or archive needs to be "accessibility friendly", it's one thing to ask for basekit Shadowborn for accessibility and another to ask for them to make easier challenges because certain people can't do all of them, you can still complete the tomes by taking another path, just don't do the challenges that bother you.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

This couldn’t be more accurate. Is this intentional from BHVR? Not sure. But it certainly feels that way.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 532
    Options

Shadowborn shouldn't be basekit, because it does work both ways and by making it basekit it could hurt as many people as it helps. What we need is an FOV slider. I can't play killer without shadowborn or i suffer from motion sickness.

Go play the last of us 2 instance , under accessibility settings go to motion sickness and FOV is right there. it is absolutely appalling that this hasn't been addressed.

Gameplay balance can go to hell when I have to give up a perkslot just to play without feeling nauseous and getting a headache within a single game.

• Vhillain
    Options

I did imply in my post that fov slider/basekit shadowborn is fine, and that more accessibility is good, my apologies for not clarifying that enough - but asking for any and all new challenges to be released with accessibility in mind in all cases is not realistic. If you can't do a challenge then you can't do a challenge. You miss out on a few bloodpoints but aren't actively restricted from anything. What's the problem?

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,095
    Options

Survivor haven't complained that the faster wiggle isn't anymore 😂

There were several threads a few months ago about that missing second shaved of by greats.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

Oh there were? I mean.. I am WAY too much on here and actually haven’t noticed those?

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Yeah, i know it isn't really fair to say that they only care about survivors. They clearly care about both.

I'm just still salty about the hook counters and a fov slider would improve how much i could enjoy the game by a lot.

It honestly shouldn't be that hard to make one though. They have perks like Shadowborn and Monitor that already play with it and it's also changes on Legions power

• Ivanynakov
    Ivanynakov Member Posts: 235
    Options

Having bigger FOV sounds like a huge buff for me actually.

• Much easier and fasterto find hiding survivors.
    • Much easier and faster to find scratch marks and pools of blood
    • Easier to track Survivor's movement during chase
    • Less chance for pallet/flashlight saves because you will more likely to spot other survivors nearby even during chase.

I am not sure if I am for or against it yet. I am just saying that it is decent killer buff.

• Mooks
    Options

Literally two individuals, one without any upvotes/agreements and the other with one. If we generalize this as ‚survivors complaining‘ then both sides complain about literally everything and nothing all the time.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Yeah I figured it'd be difficult to implement but considering there are already things that change the FoV it shouldn't be that complicated I think. I do think we'll get it someday though, I just hope we don't have to wait too long..

• Mooks
    Options

i also think/hope it’s already in the pipeline and the next planned accessibility feature. Only thing making me doubt it is that they actually had some function changing the FoV incorporated into that FinisherMori experimental PTB..

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,095
    Options

Were did I ever generalize?

I only proved your claim of "how not even survivor players complained" as false, nothing more, nothing less.

Also those two example were simply the first two i found after searching for "wiggle" for just a minute. Why should I bother to look for more when even one would be enough for my point?

• Mooks
    Options

Well, I was talking about about actual trends and not just some individuals. So I was talking in generalizations as a major part of the survivor player base approved the removal of the faster wiggle or at least didn’t complain, though I wasn’t clear about that I guess.

• MerleDixon
    MerleDixon Member Posts: 159
    Options

Your crying over the visual terror radius popping up half a second before the audio...

• MerleDixon
    MerleDixon Member Posts: 159
    Options

What does you thinking it's a good change add to your point? your still crying about a much needed change being added into the game

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,993
    Options

FOV slider when

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 657
    Options

Just curious, what do you think “accessibility” means?

• Vhillain
    Options

Your question leads me to believe you think I have a fundamental misunderstanding of the word - If I am not informed, why don't you enlighten me?

As I said above, Accessibility is good, FoV slider and anything in the game that makes the game better for more people is good, but I disagree with the OP that the challenges in the game need to be changed or considered to accommodate for every single player as well. They made it clear in their post that the trophies for achievements don't matter, so why do archive/tome challenges? It's evident that 100% completion of the game isn't the concern here.

You can still complete the tome without doing every single challenge, the tomes themselves are doable for everyone, even if some challenges require you to take off Shadowborn, you can skip over them and go another path. There are three paths in this current tome level that can be taken that miss that challenge entirely and take you straight to the end rewards. You could do every single challenge in this page except that one if you truly wanted to and you wont be missing a thing or be worse off for it.

If the challenge isn't doable for you, you are not obligated to do it. You get your rewards at the end of the tome regardless of what path you take, and you still get rift fragments/bloodpoints by just playing the game. Does skipping over one challenge truly impact the game experience as a whole? I don't believe so. This is why I fail to see how this challenge or any challenge for that matter are issues of accessibility - Some people get motion sickness or suffer headaches when playing Nurse, Blight, or even Legion because of fatigue effects and high speed. Should these killers just not have tome challenges because some people feel unwell when playing these killers? I believe the solution there is to not play those killers and ignore those challenges. I am conflicted as to what the problem outlined in this post actually is, and how allowing Shadowborn in every single challenge that requires certain perks would solve it.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,217
    edited May 2023
    Options

If Shadowborn was a strong perk it would be top 10 used perks, but it isn't. It is popular, but NOT used often in the strongest builds because there are more powerful perks. Wanna hear something crazy? The most common Shadowborn build on Nightlight is Shadowborn with 0 other perks. Used purely for its accessibility. After that comes Lethsl and BBQ, often used by Blights and Billys for a casual build.

When it comes to spotting survs, often survivors hiding will hide outside of line of sight, aks completely covered behind an object, and they will approach a chase from an angle where they aren't spotted even with Shadowborn.

An FOV slider may be a buff, but it's a very small one, and a very welcome one.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    edited May 2023
    Options

Sorry, not worth to get into again.