Is it time to nerf Windows of Opportunity?

Options

Every match there are 4 survivors using WoO. If you check nightlight, you will see that the using rate of this perk is MORE than an exhaust perk!

You take away their looping crutch perk and watch how they all crumble down.

Comments

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Blindness is the most underrated status effect in the game

• Wylrin
    Wylrin Member Posts: 98
    Options

Windows of Opportunity is more of a perk for casual players or those with trouble remembering things, in my opinion. I feel like the best loopers already have a good understanding of pallet and window layout the moment they spawn into the game. They've played so much that they've memorized different maps, what tiles have what characteristics, etc.

For someone who doesn't play the game religiously or just someone who doesn't have the best memory, Windows of Opportunity is an easy fix. It's not going to help you actually loop the killer. It's just bumping your map knowledge up to equal someone who already has all of this figured out. It takes up a perk slot for something that you'll eventually come to learn given time, most likely. Though there are maps where there are scarcely any structures where pallets are conventionally located, so Windows of Opportunity can be a godsend if you're not sure which two rocks a pallet may decide to be between.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,663
    Options

I like WoO - Lets me win games on the first chase >:3

• SantaKlawz1
    SantaKlawz1 Member Posts: 191
    Options

I kinda like that none of my perks are in the top pick rates, lol.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,807
    Options

I think the diversification of top pick perks is a good thing. Plus its not like Killer doesn't have an equivalent (Zanshin Tactics).

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Just because a perk is used a lot doesn't mean it should be nerfed.

WOO is fine how it is. It's a beginner perk to help survivors learn maps. Plus survivors can loop good either way once they learn the maps. And if you don't learn how to counter/mindgame loops, then you're gonna be looped around the whole map. There are also plenty of perks that can counter looping/WOO.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,922
    Options

WoO isn't worth a nerf. The perk just gives information and killers have their very own Zanshin Tactics, should they wish to know where vaults and pallets are too.

It gives a little knowledge as where to go, but doesn't offer speed boosts or anything else, other than where something is. If the killer is good enough, WoO makes little to no difference.

There is no reason to nerf this.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,381
    Options

The problem with WoO is that you basically have a manual that tells you where to go and what to do in chase. That wouldn't be too much of an issue, if there was a way to outplay that or reliably create dead zones but with the game's current pacing that isn't really the case. It could use a nerf but I'd rather BHVR fix the actual issue. Maps.

• BarnesFlam
    BarnesFlam Member Posts: 654
    Options

They could brink back its cooldown, but would that really fix the problem? I doubt it.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

It is the most played survivor perk right now, and it can be tedious when a chased survivor runs you through every single pallet on the wall (you certainly feel when they habe that perk equipped), BUT does this really affect the quality of your matches and chases, like DH, for example, used to do?

With DH I always died a little bit inside, when I catched up to or cornered a survivor and or they missplayed and then, haha surprise, they pressed E and erased their mistake. WOO is just a nuisance, and you can always break chase.

I find MFT much more irritating in quite the same way as old DH, though. Without any clever play, survivors can just reach pallets that they shouldn't, drop them and thus extend a chase beyond its allotted time. And in one loop on the Game, it was physically impossible to catch the survivor and they could just greed he pallet in an unparalleled way. The grind to bloodlust and then an inevitable smack to the face was EXCRUCIATING! Pure pain... THIS is the stuff that we should complain about, not harmless, old WOO.

• miniwengsel
    miniwengsel Member Posts: 376
    Options

true. its just because the perk isnt about 'learning' anymore. This Perk means EZ chases

• miniwengsel
    Options
  • MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

I think this would be a very bad idea and BHVR are unlikely to do that.

The reason being is it makes the game far more accessible to casual survivor players and they make up the vast majority of their customers. What Windows cannot do is help casual survivors master mind games and other than on completely safe pallets, this is your way to get the upper hand.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,663
    Options

I run Self-Care/Overcome/Windows/Botany as my main build.

I am nothing but casual trash/bad!

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 949
    Options

If any nerf was required, i'd nerf the range of it to 16m of you.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,076
    Options

I think many people don't realize how useful it is to have a perk that always lets you know where available pallets are, especially in solo q. Just not running to an area where my teammates already threw pallets is worth the slot at times.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    edited August 2023
    Options
  • miniwengsel
    Options

Like they did in the past, where the whole killer meta got destroyed and only one survivor perk got nerft. While the survivor mains cryed mutch more about that. Also Killer Perks need to be stronger than survivor perks, because one Killer perk would need to counter four survivor perks.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,076
    Options

Smash Hit is considered one of the worst exhaustion perks in the game and doesn't show auras of pallets.

Any Means shows the auras of dropped pallets, but is a very niche perk itself.

Windows also shows vaults.

So no you can't just run Any Means and Smash Hit and get the same thing as Windows. Windows is a single perk that always tells you what you can use nearby.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    Options

OP, if we were playing Split the Room, it would appear you've won the game.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,638
    Options

The main value of WoO isn't to show you where pallets and windows are, because learning spawn logic is pretty simple, it's to show you where pallets aren't anymore because meg has dropped all of them. In a swf, people can tell each other which pallets are gone, but in soloq there is no such thing, meaning you have no clue if that jungle gym, which always spawns a pallet, still has said pallet or not.

TLDR: WoO is just another soloq band aid like kindred and bond

• BillToLast
    BillToLast Member Posts: 73
    Options

The perk is fine. It's a crutch perk that makes the killer's blindness perks/addons much more useful.

Any blindness effect completely disables WoO, making survivors expose their lack of skill or map knowledge.

Map design and huge number of safe/god pallets are the problems.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

Yes it should be nerfed. It encourages boring hold W and predrop chases for both new and veteran survivors.

• jkingwallace123
    jkingwallace123 Member Posts: 66
    Options

I don’t think it needs a nerf because it helps know the map very well and it helps new players to know how to loop and show them locations if windows and pallets. I don’t think it should get nerfed it’s not broken or op at all windows is not the problem that you’re having. Your probably having a bad map issue that needs fixing

• biggybiggybiggens
    biggybiggybiggens Member Posts: 659
    Options

The only problem with taking that perk away is it is CRUCIAL for beginners... I've recommended this perk to new people more times than I can remember..

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,784
    Options

I mean that's how it works isn't it. Something makes its way into the meta and they nerf it.