I don't like playing against the Xenomorph

Options
GaunterODimmDBD
GaunterODimmDBD Member Posts: 119
edited September 2023 in General Discussions

So unfun to play against and there's barely any counterplay. I'd rather face 10 blights than one Alien. At least I felt like I could have played better than this cheese ball killer.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited September 2023
    Options

does it need nerfs idk maybe it does maybe it doesnt its not up to me.

id love to hear how you support kicking gens to be seen as holding the game hostage =P

ill be waitting with baitted breath.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

No recent stats i´m afraid. Since the last ones released in that regard are exactly 1 year old.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    edited September 2023
    Options

Using the tail for destroying the turret is very hard, most of the times the turret remove your power before you can use the tail.

I'm not too good playing survivor and I managed to place the turret in good spots just dont put the turrets in middle of nowhere, put it in middle of jungle gyms and near safe loops. Of course sometimes you can't reach a turret before the alien can use the tail two times downing you, but all the killers need win-win scenarios sometimes to actually achieve their objective of hooking survivors, you know, in fact the reason why the weakest m1 killers of the game are so weak is because they almost never have that scenarios and rely too much in mind games and bloodlust to catch any experienced survivor.

Maybe the only thing I woulf nerf in the xeno is increasing a bit its recovery time after failing a tail attack, but not to the point it was in the PTB which was too much imo.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

You need to practice! Look at Sadako nerf people were screaming about it being a buff and such a buff they refused to play against her. First week all we heard is how OP she is. Now people have practice the game a bit and understood that Sadako is still weak. Alien is B-tier perhaps and people scream as she was S-tier.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

MFW people compare a map under a map where the killer has free movement to traverse to having to portals you have to go around and place and cyou choose to go into a portal you've committed to going to that location.

They both use tunnels the same way Huntress and Trickster are both "ranged" killers.

• LadyOwO
    LadyOwO Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2023
    Options

Gotta love getting hit over pallets even when you slammed it right as tail strike went off. Plus the xeno's anti turret add-ons make placing them pointless

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 484
    Options

Xeno is far more balanced than Nurse, Blight, Spirit, Wesker or Artist.

I dont get how people cant counterplay this little dog, its so easy. My opponents lose their power every single time when I prepared my chase-route before I get chased.

• UnavailableName
    UnavailableName Member Posts: 298
    Options

If all your team is setting up turrets, it is pretty easy to loop the killer :

1. set turrets in order for them to be behind the killer when you will loop the tile
    2. when chased, go to the loop with the turret
    3. when the turret starts firing, the killer will have to turn around to destroy it -> hold W and change tile, you can also pre-drop the pallet if needed to gain more time
    4. repeat

The most important thing to do is to set all the turrets availalbe, without turrets the killer is extremely strong but turrets are a really good counter to Alien.

Also you can dodge the tail hits at pallet and windows as you would dodge Nemesis' tentacle or Wesker's power.

• ElectricSweathog
    ElectricSweathog Applicant Posts: 23
    Options

I actually had quite a bit of fun my first few games against The Xenomorph, enjoyed dodging the tail whip and playing around with turret placement. It could just be my love of the Alien franchise is blinding me a little though, I’m sure I’ll be cursing this killer within a week or so. 😂

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Im sorry but the arguments this guy makes are pretty bad, I hope someone else can tackle the critism against Xenomorph because this guy overdramatizes way too much and when he tries to address counter arguments he ends up countering his own arguments

The only thing i can sort of agree, is that Xeno shouldn't be able deny his counter with its tail.

• bornagain234
    bornagain234 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 247
    Options

I think the main thing theyll change is the tail attack, like scottjund said its like old slinger

• GaunterODimmDBD
    GaunterODimmDBD Member Posts: 119
    Options

Careful they might bring up stuff relevant years ago like it was WW2.

• coco_shotz
    coco_shotz Member Posts: 249
    Options

I don't find the killer itself problematic (aside from a few issues but nothing crazy) as the way people have been playing him. Majority of my games against him have been just simple tunnel, let them get unhooked and stay on top of them gameplay which is just not the way I wanna play dbd

• Chomperka
    Chomperka Member Posts: 188
    Options

he is not strong just really annoying, if you do not have turret near, he just presses power into windows/pallet, if misses just blocks with his body and you die anyway. IMO they should make his crawler mode hitbox smaller.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options
  • SabercoderedYT
    SabercoderedYT Member Posts: 10
    Options

The Xenomorph is definitely a tough killer. A group of us spent a few hours running customs against the Xenomorph. We were able to get 1 survivor out haha. Still haven't figured out the secret yet.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,345
    Options

While I do think there needs to some slight nerfs to Xeno, I've been having more luck focusing more on setting up flame turrets and actually trying to use them in better locations. It sucks that it's pretty strict on where you can put them which severely limits where you can position them though and I'd like to see this made better again.