Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

No chase killer

So, I just played trapper with jolt, overcharge, NOED, and sloppy butcher on the swamp map and idk why but there was no chase music when I chased a survivor, the chase was not initiated so I got no bloodpoints under the chase category, and also no bloodlust. I was getting looped on the kitchen, not with an infinite, but it is one with no bloodlust. Idk what happened, but I am sure hoping this doesn't happen in my next game. It was really awkward when hitting someone and they were just breathing and groaning. Idk is this is a bug or intended to turn off bloodlust to work on it, but the survivors had a heyday with it lol.

10 votes

Need more info · Last Updated

Comments

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 913
    edited September 2023

I've been having this issue on and off for a month. Not really fair to expect me to play when this happens (no chase, no bloodlust the entire game), and the DC penalties really start to stack when it happens more than once in a day.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    thisislastyearsmodel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 636

I've had this happen to me lately too. I'll be quite literally breathing down a survivor's neck and the chase won't initiate until several seconds later.

Very fun getting looped 5 times at shack as Pig instead of 3.... :')

• Rafii2198
    Rafii2198 Member Posts: 16

Happened to me too on the Pale Rose map as Wraith yesterday. The chase only started briefly after I hit the survivor but ended within a second or two. For the rest of the day it didn't happen, as well I didn't get the swamp map too, so maybe these maps are bugged.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,989

If you have your player logs when this happens that would be super helpful thank you. Also any video?

I'm seeing this randomly reported so I suspect it might be a difficult one to find the cause - so any information you have, could be super helpful.

• Rafii2198
    Rafii2198 Member Posts: 16

I don't remember when that was exactly, meaning I don't know which log this is, so I will send 2 that kinda match the time I remember

I also tried just now triggering it in custom game, same map, killer and my build, only thing that changed was survivors and their perks as I just don't remember them, multiple tries but not results sadly.

• I'll start recording all of my matches, I guess. Just happened again. Fifteen minute ban since it happened twice yesterday.

I'll DM the log to you if possible, just because it doesn't look readable in a text editor, but since you're asking, I'm assuming the encryption is reversible, and I don't know what information it might contain.

Yeah, that's what happens to me, too. Chase won't start until someone gets hit, and then it'll end and won't start up again.

I've had it happen on several different maps, so I doubt it's map-dependent, but who knows?

• I'm breaking from DBD until this gets figured out and/or MfT gets a nerf (or until DBD widthdrawals set in after a few days and I try and get mad about this all over again).

It's not fair to ask me to deal with multiple matches a day with no bloodust and at least two survivors running that godforsaken perk. Makes the game completely unplayable when this happens.

• FaustoEsLeatherface
    FaustoEsLeatherface Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

This hapened to me as well, and in many games and with different killers. But it also doesn´t happen every time. Last time it happened to me at Badham

• drwilburdaffodil
    drwilburdaffodil Member Posts: 99
    edited April 4

I've had this a few times on various killers (most recently plague). It is eerily quiet. If it happens again I'll grab logs.

• ABAEX
    ABAEX Member Posts: 195

This is kind of cheater.

They modify walk move speed to 4.0m/s and keep they running speed to 4.0m/s.

You look like they are running, but they are walking.

They can Walk like running.(The advantage of this cheat is: they can Recovery [Exhausted] in chase.)

But the "ingenious" cheater will press shift some time to keep chase won't let killer awareness they are cheating.

• ABAEX
    ABAEX Member Posts: 195

This is kind of cheater.

The cheater survivor modifies their walking-move-speed to 4.0m/s and keep running speed to 4.0m/s.

Killer look like the cheater are normally running, but they are actually walking as 4.0m/s with running animation.(in DBD survivor stand movement animation according to movement-speed, you can test when survivor been hit and use shift trigger perk [Sprint Burst] then walk.)

They can Walk like running.(The advantage of this cheat is: they can Recovery [Exhausted] in chase.)

But the "ingenious" cheater will press shift some time to trigger chase and keep chase won't let killer awareness they are cheating.