The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Legion is unplayable because of people disconnecting against them

Claudette_Baguette
Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

I play every killer and thus I also play Legion. I think the Legion look awesome and I enjoy playing them.

However, I can't have a normal match as the Legion. Literally all 5 times I played today had survivors just giving up immediately, they killed themselves on hook or disconnected.

This is unacceptable.

I know Legion is not the most fun killer to go against but I don't even tunnel or camp or use NOED or play scummy.

I'm sorry but these "memes" about Legion and disconnecting just encouraged a lot of players to disconnect against Legion because they think it's a cool thing to do and they think every Legion is super scummy.

In my opinion a good Nurse is 10000 times more annoying than a Legion to go against. While there is no counter to Legion in a 1v1 chase, they lack killing potential and usually get gen rushed hard. It also takes a while to down someone because you have to hit them 4 times if you don't use a mixtape so survivors have time to do gens.

A Nurse can kill you even faster than Legion and a good Nurse, especially with omegablink or 3+ blinks has no counter for survivors either, there is even less counter to a good Nurse than a Legion and a Nurse can put out way more pressure.

The devs have to address this disconnecting against Legion issue. It's annoying for everybody and completely ruins playing this killer.

EDIT: Don't forget to mention that when I play survivor and face a Legion and half of my team immediately disconnects it's a horrible gaming experience as well. When it becomes a 3v1 usually a second and third person disconnects and it just becomes horrible for every person involved in the match.

Post edited by Claudette_Baguette on

Comments

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

There is no need to do something about the DCs against Legion. Devs have to rework that trash of a killer. No one wants to play against something ######### as that. Thats it.

• Capt_Disconnect
    Capt_Disconnect Member Posts: 9

Sorry man, youre whats considered a waste of time and effort. Which could be better spent elsewhere

• Claudette_Baguette
    edited March 2019

I know but he is a killer in this game and some people enjoy playing as him. It's unacceptable to always see people disconnecting against him because there is "no counterplay", even though there is Nurse in this game. I always play super fair as killer and I don't get why people still immediately give up...

Post edited by Claudette_Baguette on
  • artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

a good nurse and a bad legion is equally annoying to face. how does that even work lol

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    edited March 2019

I purchased the Legion to check how many survs DC. Real data in 5 matches:

• Match 1: 1 DC really fast
    • Match 2: no DCs
    • Match 3: 1 DC fast, another after, then survs bow head to befriend but I slaughtered them instead with Mori
    • Match 4: 1 DC in the middle of the match
    • Match 5: 1 DC fast, then other, then the other 2 a bit later when hooked
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

I've honestly never had this. His d/c rates dont seem much different to others for me. I cheese chases too (I'm sorry but I cba otherwise).

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
  • pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

Freddy needs significant buffs.

Legion is the killer that could use a significant rework. It’s odd how Legion feels weak to play outside of exploits but too strong and inescapable versed.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I'm talking about overall though and my point still stands they don't want their fun ruined yet don't care about others playing against a Legion. For a fact they don't know the persons not going to exploit or bringing the broken addons.

All they know is that it's a Legion and given the majority bring those and or exploit they decide it's not worth it.

If the Thana changes go live expect to see a huge increase in dc's especially against a Legion.

• BringBackOldBT
    BringBackOldBT Member Posts: 18

Stop playing braindead legion then > problem solved.

• BringBackOldBT
    BringBackOldBT Member Posts: 18

This guy even using mori's on legion, like imagine how braindead easymode that 4k was. "But DCing is unacceptable > defends lobbydodging a bunch of flashlights or swf."

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

It's seems to be extremly region dependent as well

I play Legion a ton and only had one game where people DCed

Even a person who's name was "Legion=dc" didn't leave against me

And i have never heard anyone complain about Legion in the aftergame chat too

If it wasen't for the forums i wouldn't even know Legion was hated

I don't use frank's mixtape or the moonwalking thing so maybe it's because of that

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,888
    edited March 2019

I don't condone dc'ing just because they hate the killer, but this epidemic of it happening is another sign of how tedious and unfun Legion matches are.

People just don't want to face such a joyless killer. When that thanatophobia buff comes out, the dc rates will sky rocket.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

Same people hate lobby dodging.

• Claudette_Baguette

What do you mean with not having fun? Do you mean when you don't win you DC? If you get caught you DC? Facing any Legion you DC? If that is the case, bro, you're what's wrong with this game in a nutshell and why people don't have as much fun with this game anymore.

• Claudette_Baguette

It's not that Legion is even close to being brokenly overpowered. Most survivors win against Legion. It's a 4v1 game, even if you die eventually in a 1v1 there is still 3 survivors working on gens and doing stuff. Legion can't put out enough pressure or down survivors fast enough to really be an effective killer. So just DCing against Legion shows that people just have to git gud sometimes if you ask me.

Just don't heal against him so you safe a lot of time and you can loop him and his 110% movement speed for ages. And as everyone knows, hitting people for 4 times with frenzy takes a long time and is really not efficient and other survivors can just genrush. Legion is really not a big deal tbh.

• Claudette_Baguette

I'm sure you mean facing a baby nurse who can't play the killer yet. Because a pro nurse has literally no counterplay AND is a killing machine with lots of map pressure, Legion is not hard to go against as a team.

• Eveline

Only people who can't take a loss dc. There is no other reason. And if they doubt their abillity to win in certain circumstances they dc at the start.

You can win against any killer.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

People DC against every killer.

Yesterday I just did dailies and had 2dcs both on trapper and Leatherface.

Sometimes downing them is enough to make them ragequit, it'd really pathetic

• Dwight_Fairfield

Just don't heal against him and you save a lot of time......save this 'advice' for when the thanatophobia buff comes out. I can hear the laughing already.

• Eveline
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    edited March 2019

I don’t even run self care on my survivors, It’s not fun to do gens most of the game to avoid a chase against this killer most of them use broken add ons and perks such as bloodhound so they can moonwalk their way to you and think it’s something cool and easy, and there’s no escaping that as a survivor.

When I’m playing solo against this killer everyone is self caring 24/7 so no gens even get done, and I’m trying my best to go through them but 2 or 3 survivors are dead even before the 3rd generator and then he finds me because most want the 4K. I don’t disconnect instantly with a legion I take the games unless he’s playing the way I mentioned above, but I don’t blame anyone who does.

• Claudette_Baguette
    edited March 2019

Don't forget to mention that when I play survivor and face a Legion and half of my team immediately disconnects it's a horrible gaming experience as well. When it becomes a 3v1 usually a second and third person disconnects and it just becomes horrible for every person involved in the match.

• Claudette_Baguette

And ruin the gaming experience for everyone else in the match? Waste other people's times, waste their addons/offerings and screw over your survivor team? If you think that's okay I don't what to say.

• Eveline

You can beat any killer perkless and itemless. Thanks for insults btw, expected of salty bad players. Just keep finding excuses for being bad at the game.

• Eveline

It is not garbage.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited March 2019

I'm not condoning dc'ing, but the concept of leaving the match a.s.a.p. like if players want to go and die on first hook is absolutely fine and their right.

Why should they suffer a match they are not enjoying? At the end of the day you are in this game for your own enjoyment. Not to appease other players. If you're not enjoying a match then end it. Go find the killer and die on the hook. Only a fool would waste their free time on tedium rather than moving on to something they enjoy.

• Eveline
    edited March 2019

I will never get Legion hate tbh. It is the same for me as facing other killers. I don't get it at all.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

I think the main reasons of people DC against Legion is most of them are tunnelers. Being one of the best characters for tunneling with a low skillcap, specially with good perks.

I remember when Legion was released I usually had fun playing against them, because the players usually hit you, leave you and go for another survivor. Mend, heal and continue doing generators in addition with the high amount of BP earned. BUT when people started to realize his/her tunneling potential then the unfun time started, they started ignoring the "hurt multiple survivors" mechanic and started to stay near the hooked survivor waiting for the unhook for downing back again easily. I even faced Insidious Legions, a troll perk which was usually used only by Leatherface.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Exploits? @Mc_Harty what are you talking about?

Breaking the chase and moonwalking is a feature, not exploiting a bug.