The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

⭐'HOUDINI' Perk Idea⭐

LeChonké
LeChonké Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 31

(COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK OF IT!)

This perk activates when you are one hook away from instant death.

When injured and in chase, quickly entering a locker will prompt the Entity to instantly teleport you to and kick you out of the furthest locker from that location, making you broken and giving the killer a loud noise notification at the far locker you just got kicked out of.

Then, for a period of 90s, both lockers will be blocked by the Entity, the survivor will suffer -50% to all action speeds (including vaulting) & they will be blocked from exiting the trial through exit gates.

The perk then deactivates for the remainder of the trial.

Post edited by LeChonké on

Comments

• JoeyDonuts
    JoeyDonuts Member Posts: 106

Good Lord no. The switching locker perk idea is kinda neat, if it were just in a two locker set, but not cross map. And definitely not a full heal. Even if there was a switch to the locker, there has to be a downside like being exposed for 20 seconds, because everyone would 100% be running that with Head On. Just too OP.

• LeChonké

No one would run it with Head On because Head On wouldn't synergise with it - the teleportation is instant.

As for making the survivor healthy . . yeah that might be a little strong. However, i stand by everything else completely.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

So a 5th health state?

• JoeyDonuts
    JoeyDonuts Member Posts: 106

If it worked as I suggested, as it put you in the second locker in a set, and not cross map, it totally would. Cross map and a health would just be op.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,357

IDK it feels a bit wrong to make changes to OP's proposal and then criticize their proposal based on the changes you made.

OP was imo quite clearly proposing this as an anti-tunnel perk and making it only work on lockers within a set would not work

• pigslittlepet
    pigslittlepet Member Posts: 483

I like the idea but I just think of full team denying a kill for each survivor. Would drive me insane in a match. I love the locker switch idea and would love to see it in somehow.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,926

I agree, from half a year ago.

• BlightedTrapper
    BlightedTrapper Member Posts: 339

It's a cool idea, but that effect is way too strong. Maybe it should only activate after being in the locker for 5 seconds or something.

• LeChonké

Given the edits i made to the OP (no longers heals you, instead makes you broken AND the -50% action speed for everything ALSO affects vaulting), do we still think it would be too strong? Personally with all the debuffs of the perk, i think it would actually be pretty balanced and a very interesting perk, especially considering how it acts as a self-inflicted Bloodwarden preventing you from leaving the trial for 90s.