How you would change Decisive Strike?

Options

We know this perk is on the road map, so it will be changed. We don't know what BHVR is planning but how you would change it?

Me personally;

I'd do it work for both hook states and make it 5 seconds again. This would reduce tunnelling for sure because right now DS is joke level perk for killers.

Comments

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 623
    Options

they shouldn´t buff DS like that, jus make it 4 or 5 seconds, perks are not the best way to ´´fix´´ something, especially a paid one

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

I’d make it hinder the killer for X amount of seconds following the stun. You can keep the stun for 3 seconds or whatever but then the killer is hindered for 10 seconds after they’ve been stunned.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

They won't add anti-tunnel mechanic into game, i am pretty sure of it. Same reason they will never add anti-gen mechanic as well.

So anti-tunnel and anti-gen perks needs to be strong enough. And current DS is just garbage sadly.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    edited January 20
    Options

This would not work for killers like Nurse, Wesker, Chucky, Blight, Billy and any killer who has power allow them move faster.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,149
    edited January 20
    Options

Five second stun and it should completely freeze the killer's power for 5-10 seconds. There needs to be some sort of special consideration for killers like nurse, blight, spirit, etc. I'd honestly make it 80 seconds so it has better synergy with OTR. Tunneling should be a high risk high reward strategy. Not the guaranteed win that it is now.

• LiveBritishReaction
    LiveBritishReaction Member Posts: 426
    Options

Start at 5 seconds and decrease by 0.5 for every gen that's done.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,118
    Options

increase the duration from 60 second to 80 seconds to be on par with Off the record.

Remove end-game penalty.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,116
    Options

Decisive Strike:

Stun duration from 3 seconds -> 5 seconds.

Can now be used on both unhooks, not just once.

Off The Record:

No longer grants endurance.

Instead, removes scratch marks, sounds, and blood trails, blocks aura reading and prevents screams and killer instinct for 60 seconds after unhook. Performing a conspicuous action disables Off The Record early.

This way DS is the guaranteed value, and OTR is a riskier but potentially more powerful anti-tunnel.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

Their power is shut down for the 10 second duration as well. Shut. It. Down.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

I don't trust the game to deactivate it on protection hit as long as it boils down to "IF you take a hit AND there's an injured survivor nearby = protection hit". Imagine honestly trying to run from the killer then having your DS turn off from a mysterious protection hit, then you see an injured Meg run out of a bush near you or something.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

4s stun because 5s was meant for enduring

no other changes and I will die on this hill

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,311
    Options

Exactly the issue. I'd love for it to do so but the game picks up protection hit very vaguely.

• ChaosWam
    Options

I remember when it was used as a SWF weapon, 5 seconds was way too long. And as I said, if it was possible I'd like that change but I understand how vague protection hits would be.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    edited January 21
    Options

And 4 seconds are doing nothing against m2 killers, they will catch you pretty fast again. Every second you make distance will help you, so 5 seconds matter for those killers.

Before you ask me what about m1 killers, yes i know they are exists. But most of games i am seeing Chucky, Nurse, Xeno, Wesker, Blight etc. So anti-tunnel perks need to be balanced against popular and strong killer, not weak killers.

If somehow they make killer lose power for 10 seconds, even 3 seconds DS will be fine. But if they keep everything same as the current DS 4 seconds won't change the fact perk is still garbage.

• ChaosWam
    edited January 21
    Options

4 seconds is plenty to get to a new tile. Remember, my suggestion makes it active for 60 seconds, so you could run the killer for 50, get the stun, and get to a new tile to waste more time for your team to do gens or take hits.

They could also make it where there's no delay to movement after landing once you hit the skillcheck.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862
    Options

I say make the killer incapacitated. Never been done before. And by incapacitated, I mean they are unable to use their powers for a certain amount of seconds including the stun time. This will prevent nurse, blights, weskers, etc from immediately using their power to go after the same person.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,788
    Options

5 second stun

usable twice

No skillcheck perk just does it job automatically when you get picked up

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,379
    edited January 21
    Options

7 seconds stun. Deactivates upon entering a locker and disables flashlights for the time it's active.

Stronger when the killer tunnels but weaker when they don't.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,274
    Options

4 second stun.

Skillcheck made into a normal skillcheck.

Upon use, the survivor gains +25% Haste for 5 seconds.

Still one-use, still deactivates in endgame.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,435
    Options

But then mobility killers moving at 200%+ will just ignore it. Just make is 5 seconds or even 6 seconds, plus disable power for 3-4 seconds too.

• Sava18
    Options

Ds isn't a joke, it's no supreme deterrent to tunneling anymore but it is not bad. Not saying it shouldn't be buffed so bot killers get punished but it's good.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,460
    Options

Used to think this was easy, but it's really not because you have to strike a balance between being good at anti-tunnelimg, but not also being good at body blocking.

Things that should be added/are needed: -

• Uniform 80s timer to be like OTR.
    • Deactivates if entering a locker to prevent forced grabs instead of downs.
    • 4 second stun to account for 1.3s drop time.
    • 8 second power block to affect chase killers equally to m1 killers.

Things that shouldn't be added: -

• End game deactivation, otherwise it is impossible for the killer to prevent an escape.

Considerations/problems that still need solving: -

• Some mechanism to deactivate when the killer has put enough chase time into/hooked other survivors to prevent body blocking/aggressive use of DS. How should this interact when slugged? Not counting when slugged allows body blocking still, whereas counting allows slugging off hook and simply chasing long enough/hooking to bypass DS.
    • Deactivate when taking a Protection Hit? How to prevent deactivation from hook exchange?
    • Multiple activations, can only occur if the above issues are sorted. The fact all 4 survivors can take DS means all attempts to weaponise it must be killed at all costs.

• Devil_hit11
    edited January 21
    Options

i think he's talking about chemical trap hindered penalty like 50% for 10 seconds. So even if you high mobility killer, your m/s will be slower than survivor. DS is wrong perk to buff if the goal was to deter tunneling.

The perk i would recommend buffing is Made For This. Instead of 3% haste for when your in deep wound, make it like 10% haste. Watch as killer become terrified to hit borrow time and off the record to trigger this deadly buff. that is great deterrent to stop chasing the same survivor.

• Sava18
    Options

So blight would still be moving at 115 at least and nurse would flat out ignore it.

In your scenario I still ignore it if I ever tunneled as blight. I stand by the idea that tunneling is unhealthy but not op until A tier killers are involved. They need to make the consequence so absurd even a current alch ring blight on a top 1% level couldn't viably tunnel you out, then buff m1 aspects/killers to compensate.

I only commented on what I would do to ds because of the nature of this thread, I'd prefer it base kit. Although I've always hated the idea of limiting what killers do to a linear path, I already do so myself so it makes no difference to me at this point.

Every killer is the same. Get to tile < kick gen first even if a free hit is available< then chase but probably drop to go back to hook. Eruption rotted killers brains.

• Devil_hit11
    edited January 21
    Options

i think nurse's blink is based off m/s. i wonder if it would affect her blink speed like the reverse old bad man's last breath. I don't kick any pallets as nurse so I never tried to blink with chemical trap debuff. The result would be very slow blink if it works. 50% hindered for 10 second for DS is no joke.

• Sava18
    Options

I couldn't confirm you idea either. I'm sure there's some nurse main who would know though.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited January 21
    Options

I would bring a very wild change just to delete Tunnel Meta in a split second:

• 4 seconds stun
    • 10 seconds power remove

I know, that sounds extreme but DS has to be meta again.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,161
    Options
  • Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328
    edited January 21
    Options

People love throwing up their "But if this happens!' 'If they have these perks then!"

Im sure many will disagree, but if a perk is bad, overpowered, etc, then it will be by itself. If its not OP by itself, please just stop. Exceptions happen, ofc. BU+FTP is a good example. Definitely TOO strong, and its obvious. But with the meta being Tunnel tunnel tunnel, its sorely needed.

But DS? In no way does trying to combo DS make anything OP right now. Unless, of course, you craft a very niche scenario. But Ive stopped listening by then.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,607
    Options

At the very least, back to 5 seconds. But there needs to be more to make it somewhat effective. Buffing it back to 5 seconds will do nothing, because Killers know that tunneling is highly efficient and they wont fear DS anymore, since the reward for just eating a stun will be way too big for them.

I always thought that 5 seconds + at least 10 seconds of no Scratchmarks, grunts of pain, pools of blood would be need, because this would mean that you can at least try to get away.

I have seen other ideas that the Killers power should be disabled for 10 seconds as well. Which also is not bad, because it will most likely hurt the strong Killers more than the weak Killers. Because this was always the problem with DS, the weaker Killers are more impacted than the strong Killers. But if a Nurse cannot blink to you immediatly, it will hurt her to get stunned.

In the end, I hope they just dont buff it to 4 seconds. Because just buffing the duration will not help at all.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,339
    Options

5 seconds is all this perk needs.

It seems incredibly unlikely that BHVR will do that at this point. Even if they do, it's somewhat sad if the upcoming road map means it took almost 2 years to change this one number back.