If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

So BHVR nerfed Sadako without any buffs

Options

Comments

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,165
    Options

Oh wow... I was not expecting that...

The tunneling stance does kinda make sense... but there is a sense that this is kinda on the survivor for letting their condemn stacks get so high... The fact you can insert a tape in her face makes this change rather strange to me.... the whole point of Sadako to my understanding after this change was her power was the same as the Pig. She is a basic M1 killer, doesn't even have a dash like the Pig... but her power is a slowdown you ignore at your peril.... now it seems you can kinda ignore it again...

Similarly the condemn prevention seems to be on teleport for 10 seconds seems strange, because if someone gets a stack, that means there is a TV that is powered near them. They have plenty of warning of this, and if they suspect this can easily pre-run to avoid the second stack...

I think these changes were made with the best intentions, but I have a feeling that competent survivors will dominate with these changes...

I couldn't play in the PTB, so I'll have to wait and see... but my theory craft doesn't have a lot of faith...

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

I will too. Anything for Sadako. She is my one true main.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,114
    Options

There's no defending this at all.

I was already hoping she wouldn't receive the Freddy treatment before PTB, was pretty stoked about the changes in the PTB, never saw anyone abuse the power like they suggest because survivors can easily take tapes with NO downside, and they still manage to give her the Freddy treatment.

Heck, that power cooldown fits CURRENT Sadako's global condemned better than PTB Sadako, and we didn't get that???

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
  • MechWarrior3
    Options

Exactly! If you’re adding a cooldown that should be applying now! On global! Not her changes in the ptb. Bhvr please. 🙏🏼💕

don’t do this.

• radiantHero23
    Options
  • ChaosWam
    edited January 25
    Options

And one line later in the update really grinds my gears here:

Then what was the point of the PTB and everyone's feedback, BHVR?

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Behavior said they did it for the old Sadako mains and almost everyone said she is too weak in the ptb. Now she gets two significant nerfs, that make her weaker than her first version!

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I will just put Knock Out + Sloppy and i will slug everyone build on her.

But probably this will bother pretty fast because it's boring. But that's only viable way to play her. What i am supposed to do with her? I can't build stacks to make pressure on survivors. I have no chase power. Holding tapes have no risk, so survivor will just take tape and then they will sit on gen without fear.

Like seriously BHVR , what you want us to do with this killer?

• MechWarrior3
    edited January 25
    Options

it shouldn’t be difficult for them to predict and determine. It shouldn’t be difficult at all. With all the feedback, suggestions, and assistance they had on the public test server.

This actually should be a very easy decision. But instead it has to be extremely complicated.

before she was ever changed to begin with, when she was just in her original state, as an onyro main all I wanted was the other TVs to give off condemn. Everything else stays the same if they just buffed her power I wasn’t worried about anything else like her non exsistent anti looping and chase powers.

• NickMilian
    NickMilian Member Posts: 75
    Options

On paper, she sounds worse than old Sadako. It’s honestly really disappointing that they ignored and disregarded all the feedback they ASKED for and got and came left field with these nerfs on an already (below?) average killer.

• MechWarrior3
    Options

Yup. Not to mention there’s no passive build up for condemn anymore. We’re worse off than square 1.

I will slug everyone. I don’t care. That’s sadly my best option now. Why force me to use ring drawing? Let’s address the other addons that need the help. We mentioned this over and over

• ChaosWam
    Options

This is exactly why, for years, I asked for PTB to be a standalone client. Quick changes like this should be tested leading up to release, not kneejerk reactions to problems nobody had.

• tuttoinunavolta
    tuttoinunavolta Member Posts: 163
    Options

Most of us old Sadako mains (with "us" I'm talking about those of us who complained about the very first Sadako rework, since the latest PTB was pretty much what we all asked for instead so I assume they're talking about our first feedback) were actually incredibly happy with the PTB changes. I truly believe they did a wonderful job and that PTB Sadako was close to what would be the perfect version of the character.

Is she weaker than the current live version? Yes, but the current live version is busted in a mindless, unfun way. A nerf to the current Global Condemn Sadako was to be expected, and it's a good thing.

What was not expected was this latest Ptb-to-live change announcement. They just squandered a perfect remake with completely unnecessary nerfs that make her so much weak I'm puzzled by what even caused them to make these changes.

Some people here are mentioning petitions and the sort, I think that's too much (especially considering they would hold the same weight as forum complaints, they do read the feedback) and I think that, with the latest updates and all, it's easy to see the devs are genuinely putting a lot of effort into giving us the versions of our favorite characters that we want. Again, the latest PTB version gave Sadako everything that we asked for during the first rework's PTB, and that's a sign of listening to feedback and integrating it into the game in a great inventive way. I truly believe these latest changes were made with good will ofc, but they absolutely squander the character's playability sadly. I have faith this will be a Trickster type of situation, where the Ptb-to-live transition made the killer too weak, but with all the feedback they fix those shortcomings 2-3 weeks after the fact.

• radiantHero23
    Options

and over and over again....

This feels worse than old Sadako in a lot of aspects to me.

• MechWarrior3
    edited January 25
    Options

These changes would be perfect. I could settle for this!

Tapes need to bring passive condemning back with these 10 second global cooldown changes. This is a must. We need that added pressure.

(I’d like a few other things added for quality of life on her but if this is what I get I’ll deal)

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • ChaosWam
    edited January 25
    Options

Not sure if it would be fast enough for BHVRs devs to rewrite/add code to make these changes happen before live. More than likely we're stuck with her for a month or two before they decide to change things.

That said, these suggestions are clearly more thought out than whatever BHVR is doing.

• radiantHero23
    Options

Its looking grim....

This IS the Freddy treatment and she didnt even go live.

Im so sorry my friend but my hopes for Freddy and Sadako just got a huge step back.

• radiantHero23
    edited January 25
    Options

We need heads thinking fast right now.

Put you suggestions here. I link up community managers now. Maybe they will listen, where the PTB failed.

Its so sad, i even have a badge on my profile that states that my post on PTB got read by the devs.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

I already made a post for Freddy, but I'm not sure how effective it will be.

But I'm making my thoughts on the matter clear. This is a terrible situation.

• jonifire
    edited January 25
    Options

Either they should give us the PTB version without seeing all TV auras or the first version back.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,164
    Options

I mean its hard to make sadako an interesting killer without it being polarizing one way or another, either they circumvent the normal gameplay loop completely and get fast kills from slugging and tunneling until they can kill a survivor without ever hooking them using the alternative method of killing survivors granted to them to make up for any loss in pressure by never hooking.

Or

Make them play the game in which case they have basically no power

The top is boring for obvious reasons and the bottom is boring for obvious regions, you can't really balance out an instakill and no power I mean just look at tombstone piece and tombstone

If they gave her some instakill and some power still useless

if they gave her more instakill and no power still boring

if they gave her some instakill and more power still boring

It not possible to design something around an instakill as the main focus of a character and make it fun for both sides while being good and if it is then it can't account for all the dbd factors that will affect it with perks on both sides, items, and meaningful addons

Maybe another 2 years of work will finally crack the code and balance something thats perfect but its never gonna be perfect its always going to be flawed in one way or another

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Pig was on the road map too, yes?

Next nerfs for her.

Nurse is here with her all problems. SM is still the most hated killer with failed rework. But once again, they target'ed weak killer instead of real issues.

• radiantHero23
    Options

If Pig gets nerfs like Sadako right now, i will leave the game and this forum due to me losing faith in the developers of DBD.

• MechWarrior3
    Options

Suggestions;

Bring back passive condemn for tapes so survivors have something to worry about. It’s too easy for them.

Drop the cooldown to 7 seconds for condemn BUT the TV sadako comes out of you get a stack. (Old Sadako)

Newspaper OR Mirror - Basekit.

Fix the following Addons;

Sea-soaked cloth and Rickety pinwheel. Either merge them into 1 addon OR don’t punish sadako for teleporting to the tv making it useless.

telephone - increase to 8.5 meters. 7 is too short.

distorted photo-Not useful due to a survivor having to witness her to function.

iri videotape-Not useful. Bring back old Iri video tape or don’t turn off condemn since there’s a cooldown now.

clump of hair? Why? She’s invisible in power. Why is she still invisible at the same distance, when she is manifested, as she is de manifested. Clump of hair either needs to be increased or put into her base kit. There’s a lullaby and a visual effect heartbeat anyways.

Im tired of sounding like a broken record. Thank you for listening…maybe… but please. 🙏🏼

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,165
    edited January 25
    Options

... You guys just sent one hell of a shudder up my spine... better than any killer has ever managed in DBD 😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😶

Sadako looked so promising in the PTB, I trust BHVR are receptive to feedback, because damn if my gut is right, she'll need some bloody loud feedback.

• radiantHero23
    Options

I can scream pretty loud. I dont like to do it though.

Maybe a post spamming will help? Helped with DH...

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 510
    Options

Still believe Sadako got better? Where are you, people who were happy with PTB changes? Did you really expect she would be allowed to be released like that?

This Sadako will be played just like the old one. A pub-stomp killer who gets condemned on clueless people but does nothing against more or less competent players. Hit-and-run failure candidate.

• radiantHero23
    Options
  • radiantHero23
    edited January 25
    Options
  • Skitten56
    Skitten56 Member Posts: 309
    Options

Pig is my second main. If they butcher her like Sadako I think I would be done spending or investing in the game. It'd just be a game to play occasionally a few times a year. It is just outrageous and irritating how poorly thought-out some of their decisions are, especially when the community overwhelmingly gives them good advice on how to address such changes which they implement none of. It makes me not want to touch Onryo if they push these changes through.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,212
    Options

As an Onryo player I am extremely disappointed in the direction the devs have decided to go with her. She was near perfect on the PTB and now I feel I won't be able to play her again

• Skitten56
    edited January 25
    Options

Agree with you on these 2 points.

• Condemn lock must apply and lock all current condemn, not just locking 2 stacks
    • 2 second tape insertion speed is a must. They can keep it at 1 second for grabbing tapes.

The TV spam issue isn't even an issue. After the initial few weeks of learning the changes, in most games survivors will do the proper counterplay and never work a gen by a powered TV. This completely makes teleport spamming nonviable and would only serves to reduce Onryo mobility and future condemn avenues. Onryo should NOT be punished with a mechanic making her weaker if survivors cannot grab a tape from a TV with a while aura before working a gen.

What they really need to do is make is so survivors carrying a tape cannot see the auras of TVs aside from their target drop off TV. This would be an important quality of life change. It would still allow for survivors to do proper counterplay while also allowing Onryo some ability build condemn in chase. It also makes it harder for survivors to just run around the map turning off all her TVs, which they can do very easily right now at low risk with the 1s tape insert speeds and the ability to only lock 2 stacks of condemn.

• jonifire
    Options

Agree, but I would remove, that they see the TV auras outside of the target TV. It negates too many things in my opinion.

• ChaosWam
    Options

Listen, I was skeptical of her PTB before that was released to test. And as someone who likes CURRENT Sadako and has gone on length to defend the positives of her while pointing out the negatives and what could have been done, PTB Sadako blew my expectations out of the water. It was the perfect balance of old and current.

This right here, a cooldown on power and a nerf to the condemned hook? It's clear cut handholding for survivors. They can already see TV auras within range, hear the lullaby or see it with the visual heartbeat, and do tapes in front of her in 1 second with no real downside in touching the tapes.

She didn't need adjustments to her kit. What she needed was addon QoL. And when I'm starting to think running Iri Tape because condemned is back to being next to useless as a pressure tool, it makes me want to just swap to Nurse. And I don't exaggerate when I say that because good chances are they won't touch Nurse longer than anyone else.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,645
    Options

No cooldown teleportation promoted spamming teleport mindlessly with no decision making or thought process. The lock condemn stack promoted tunneling survivor off-hook and slugging people next to TV's to finish the 7 stacks of condemn on the "Locked Condemn" survivor.

These were grossly problematic designs in PTB Sadako. All the change are justified.

• Skitten56
    Options

I think they just lack critical thinking or just have a horrible balancing philosophy.

Anyone who thought about her rework critically in any detail would realize that a survivor with any understanding of her power would just immediately grab a tape from a TV before working a gen (which were highlighted by auras to make it even easier). The counterplay was incredibly easy and on release survivors would have figured it out pretty quick as a result.

Survivors would always just take a tape from a TV before working on a gen or if the TV becomes powered. There is no reason not to, no downsides; survivors can only benefit from this simple action and as a result, on release it would become common place counter.

She was already going to be weak with the PTB version due to how easy the counterplay was, and this is why a lot of the feedback was related to making it less punishing for Onryo when good survivors performed this easy counterplay. At least with the PTB version Onryo could lock in their hard earned condemn though.

These nerfs just completely destroy the balance of power. It is far too easy for survivors to avoid condemn, and far too easy for survivors to remove when they feel like it. At the same time this disproportionately punishes Onryo as they not only don't have any condemn pressure, but they also lose their mobility in key areas as TVs will be turned off.

Furthermore some of the nerfs like the one to address teleport spam are not even needed, as survivors doing the proper counterplay could easily avoid any benefit gained from Onryo with their spam. In fact teleport spam in games against average or skilled survivors would likely only hurt her since survivors would never work gens next to a powered TV, thus teleport spam would reduce her mobility and ability to spread condemn in chase by having more TVs turned off.

Simply put, the game should NOT be balanced for low MMR or new survivors. If survivors can't figure out how to turn off a TV next to a gen with a highlighted aura, so be it. They will have to learn. If we balance the game around the worse survivors, the result is killers being incredibly weak against average and skilled survivors where a lot of the playerbase is. These new additional nerfs were absolutely not needed for the average survivor due to the easy counterplay.

I strongly suggest BHVR go back and reread the Onryo Feedback on the PTB forums. There was a lot of in depth discussion about how these changes would function in standard gameplay and why certain changes needed to be made as a result. To just ignore all that and nerf her even more, especially on a knee jerk reaction to a streamer, is just ridiculous.

• ChaosWam
    edited January 25
    Options

Absolute nonsense.

You couldn't even reliably spam teleport, every teleport would remove a 16m area of condemned spread for a chunk of time. Not to mention, survivors could grab a tape in the time it takes for Sadako to teleport, demanifest, and teleport again with no real downside.

She has a strong counterplay to a strong power. What these changes are, they're a kneejerk reaction to players who don't know or want to know how to counter her at a basic level. Even the power cooldown makes 0 sense because, again, TVs have a limited range and can be seen by survivors if they need to turn them off. It would make WAY more sense with current Sadako, not the PTB one. And I really tested against her in PTB and found there wasn't a tunneling or spam issue if you just managed the tapes and dodged the M1 killer with a loud stealth ability.

• radiantHero23
    Options

And all the things we talked about that where not ok?

Where are the changes that we needed???

• jasonq500
    jasonq500 Member Posts: 102
    Options

Turn off tvs, it is so simple as that, just turn off tvs so you don’t get condemned

• jonifire
    Options

Giving condemned a cooldown would be fine if she had global condemned still and the other change makes no sense like the explanation to nerf it.

The lock in: supports tunneling!?

How is it supposed to do that? It doesn‘t help you to tunnel someone for the condemned lock in-> she has no chase power and she didn’t ‘t get the condemned increased just by tunneling.