If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

When will survivors get good news?

Options
2»

Comments

• sinkra
    sinkra Member Posts: 287
    Options

Survivors shouldn't expect good news because devs literally said they want to sacrifice balance for role-playing a horror fantasy. They think that when survivors die most games it makes the game more fun for them because killers feel more scary or something.

• sinkra
    Options

How can you say the game pre-6.1 was survivor sided when the average kill rate was 53%? That means it was close to balanced and slightly killer sided. Here you can see the devs boasted about increasing the kill rate from 53% to 61% after 6.1. There were more than a thousand comments and I didn't see any survivor main happy about this change. Many just quit the game.

https://old.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/xez20h/stats_610_in_review/

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956
    Options

I dont deny survivors were alot more powerful back then, and it should be nerfed. Though Killers would not stop tunneling with 90% killrate, the killers' strength & the ability to tunnel is not pick one of the two options. So keep buffing killers will not change the tunneling part except Devs really get rid of it.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Yes please, continue. But before, lets talk about those points you made.

• Basekit BT is great! a needed and strong survivor buff. One of the very view they ever got.
    • Anti 3 gen is meaningless. Nobody reaches 8+ regressions on a single gen, but those extra 2,5% on a kick actually matters. Not even mentioning the anti gen tap.
    • OTR is pretty useless, thanks to the amazing Basekit BT! Because of that, nobody really runs it.
    • DS is simply not that great, thats why it will most likely be buffed.
    • REally? Pallets over pallets, ha? The average i counted so far is 12-13. And from those we can ignore a good 20-25% of it since they are not even playable.
    • The game is a map with many pallets. But it is also an indoor map with 2 layers. Both favours killer. Game is one of the dealiest maps in DBD. NL ty.
    • Buckle up / For the people is a bullshit combo that needs to be nerfed. I agree with you.
    • Deja vu cuts off 5 seconds on repairing a full generator. Thats not exactly a lot. Compare it with Pain Wes which simply shreds 30 Seconds of a gen with a single hit. Even if i do all 5 generators , Deja vu hardly even counters that one single PR hit. Its that weak.
    • Adre. Good perk but not more.
    • Hook grabs? We are really talking about hook grabs? How about Endgame colaps or closing hatch? Thats a million times better then freekin hook grabs LOL. But okay.

• Ilikechips
    Ilikechips Member Posts: 87
    Options

Do not hold your breath for anything resembling good news for survivor in the near future.

The trend over the last few years has been nerfs to every item and most survivor perks overall. Mechanics have been removed such as Moris, hook grabs, gen tapping, burning killers, tiles have been dumbed down, loops have been shortened, mouse 1 holding has been greatly increased overall(most boring part of the game) interactions with the killer has been lowered overall.

Less hype plays, less epic moments more hand holding mechanics that play the game for you like anti camp, anti tunnel. I imagine an auto loop button and auto chase button is on the cards

I'll give them props for the HUD addition though.

More killer buffs are on the way next patch.

The long term trend is survivor fun heading downwards. The trend is your friend.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 214
    edited March 6
    Options

The solo queue kill rate is 60%, which is exactly where the devs want it to be. That means on average, survivors are escaping 40% of the time. If you play with friends on comms, your escape rate is even higher - closer to 50%. Escaping is supposed to be difficult and not guaranteed. That's why the target rate is 40% which is still almost half of your matches. Not sure what else is going to make you happy. Is the killer supposed to be the punching bag instead? Seems like that's the only thing that would make some players happy.

• Felgoose
    Felgoose Member Posts: 163
    Options

It's the killers job to defend gens. If gens aren't done 30 minutes in, the killer has done their job and should win. They uoght to have fixed 3 gen games by progressing endgame collapse anytime no one was on a gen at 1 gen left.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 495
    Options

Sure. If SM manages to hold the gens for half an hour against a solo team then she definitely earned that win.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 977
    Options

The good news is that you will have a quick journey to the Entity.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,197
    Options

They may have all of this but these are things mainly SWF can take advantage of

99% of the time when theres a complaint from the Survivor side it stems from Solo Q, which has been by far the worst experience you can have playing this game as it is truly the lowest of lows.

• sinkra
    Options

Do you think most survivor players would prefer a 60% kill rate or a balanced 50% kill rate like it used to be? Who is this 60% kill rate supposed to benefit?

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 214
    edited March 8
    Options

Well, obviously survivors would want to escape more often, so I'm going to go with the 50% kill rate. Why don't we just make it 100% for maximum survivor fun?

"Who is this 60% kill rate supposed to benefit?" - I swear, so many people forget that there are also real people behind a monitor on the killer side who would also like to enjoy the game.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 421
    Options

Every day is the best day of a survivor's life in the current meta.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

No, if we don't survive soloQ, it's usually because someone else made a fatal mistake.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,114
    Options

Crazy how I relate to this story in the opposite direction. Survivor is either easy going, or if I get destroyed I get into another game and try again pretty quickly. With killer, if it's a bad game or a coordinated SWF you're stuck with it until the match ends.

Especially if you play a killer who has NO map pressure in their kit. And if they do get map pressure? Endless complaints at endgame. I was once told I was the worst Slinger player because I kept downing people in a corner between 4 generators because they refused to leave that area.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,415
    Options

Why are we pretending the anti-3-gen mechanic isn't a huge deal? Do you play killer? Do you run a generator perk like surge, pop, or eruption? If so, then you probably see it every game. Regular kicks combined with Surge downs means you hit the limit a LOT. Survivors are always gonna come back to the gen they made the most progress on, it's not really avoidable.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

That's...yeah...:|

The only scaring that accomplishes is scaring people away from playing due to getting so frustrated.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,342
    edited March 8
    Options

If by "good" you mean "OP" like old DH, COH, and MFT then hopefully never.

If that's the bar for "good news" then it's too high.