If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

The Blight Feedback

Options
dance
dance Member, Community Manager Posts: 75

We've made adjustments to The Blights collision detection and some Add-Ons. Please leave your thoughts below on how The Blight feels to play as and against after our latest update!

Post edited by Jocelynbee on

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,325
    Options

Playing on Swamp maps doesnt feel like trowing a dice if I will slide or hit the object directly in front of me. So that's a good thing.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

Thank you for removing hug tech while keeping the multiple bugs that negatively impact his gameplay. The two gimmick addons being made bad numbers perks was good too.

• ChainsLogic
    ChainsLogic Member Posts: 67
    Options

More consistent collision feels very nice when playing as Blight, no longer having my rushes ruined because I slid of something. Now that there's less room to cheese hits, and Blight actually has to be good at bump logic, going against him will feel better as well.

• Rick1998
    Rick1998 Member Posts: 85
    Options

still needs fixing for the double fatigue bug and syringe bug. Otherwise this is a fine change

• Header
    Header Member Posts: 303
    Options

everything they did basically buffs new blights and nerfs experienced blights

• CarlAlc7
    CarlAlc7 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 90
    Options

Pretty sure that was the whole point of this change tbh.

• scorpia
    scorpia Member Posts: 31
    Options

Removing hug tech was a terrible decision.

• MikhailVictor
    MikhailVictor Member Posts: 331
    edited April 25
    Options

Iri tag: exists

BHVR: let's butcher two weak but cool addons and then nerf them even more!

On a serious note, not only you should revert these terrible addon changes, but also buff the previous versions (esp. Soul Chemical)

Post edited by MikhailVictor on
  • Header
    Options

it probably is working as intended, since the intention was to screw over experienced blights and help inexperienced blight.

what they did is like making nurse into a 4.6m/s killer but removing one of her blinks. does it nerf the good ones and buff the bad ones? sure. doesn't make it a good change though.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 882
    Options

al least a new player will not drop Blight because of his bad collision

• ZamasuManzon
    ZamasuManzon Member Posts: 88
    Options

Nurse's Blinks are her power.
    Blight's Hugh Tech was a bug, so no. It's not the same thing.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,641
    Options

You bump super easy to the point where you bump even when you don't want to, so I would not be so sure about it..

• BritneyMitch
    BritneyMitch Member Posts: 131
    Options

These changes made the game better.

• adam1233467
    Options
  • AsianMammoth
    AsianMammoth Member Posts: 84
    Options

Please just revert the add-ons and leave him alone.

• Archol123
    Options

Thats a lie... You bump on basically every surface as soon as you look at it from a slight angle... Especially some corners from objects are extremely easy to accidentally get stuck on.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 352
    Options

if hug tech, an in game use of intended collision mechanics, is cheating, then playing on comms with friends is absolutely cheating. should we remove swf then? You cant claim the issue was "gaining an unintended advantage" when swf with friends is, by definition, gaining an unintended external advantage. Not that I think swf should should be removed though.

• adam1233467
    Options
  • TheGriffinDore
    TheGriffinDore Member Posts: 42
    Options

Just because something is a bug doesn't always mean it's bad. That arguement never makes any sense.

It gave the character's gameplay depth, and skill expression while still being counterable since the player has to sacrifice line of sight to look down and hug the wall.

These "bugs" often get hard coded into the character in other games because it's a part of what makes the character feel unique. But this game over-coddles babies and people who are too lazy to learn the counter-play. Because complaining online is easier.

• caligraph
    Options

by that logic you shouldnt be able to go on the nether roof in minecraft.

• Archol123
    Options

By that logic looping would have been removed from the game...

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,402
    Options

Regardless of the hug tech blight is far too sticky, playing around tiles feel very not fluid.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,645
    Options

removing hug tech in my opinion is like removing nurse's ability to look up and look down to stop blinks. the killer has less control over the ability.

• ChainsLogic
    Options

Sure, in relatively rare cases a bug should be made an official game mechanic, hug tech wasn't that type of bug though.

• ChainsLogic
    Options

No, but outside voice comms are endorsed by bhvr, while hug tech was always considered a bug. It just took them time to fix, doesn't mean they silently changed their mind in the meantime like some Blight mains kept insisting.

• caligraph
    Options

I see that like a double standard. I.E. some "cheats" are ok because bhvr said so while others arent. Assuming that hug tech is cheating/exploiting then its a double standard not to consider comms cheating. Not that I want swf removed game would die I like playing with friends etc etc etc. Hug tech didnt even give that much of an advantage (unless you mastered all the slide techs) compared to comms.

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,024
    Options

I agree that Soul Chemical and the Summoning Stone were really fun, unique addons before, and now they are boring. I REALLY hope that you give them back their original functions.

Also, could you please do something about the Blight's iridescent addons? The combo is way too strong.

• Header
    Options

if the survivor doesn’t consider a possible hug tech, then that’s a skill issue

• Header
    Options

I’d say the amount of hits blight gets because of a hug tech is on average about 2 per match.

The amount of hits the blight loses because of bugs, bad collision and stuff like that is also about 2 per match on average.

But since the update the hug tech no longer exists and the amount of lost hits is probably about 4 per match on average. Should be easy to see why blight players are upset

• adam1233467
    Options

I think only you is upset, his new collision is better than everthing, you can actually play fillers now, if you can’t do it, then it’s a skill issue

• Header
    Options
  • LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

Pressing m2 while already touching something in a rush is 100% comparable to downloading cheats and flying around the map. A very genius and well thought out opinion.

• TheGriffinDore
    TheGriffinDore Member Posts: 42
    Options

They literally copy pasted the same code they use on wesker where he can't use his power too close to objects. It took them maybe 6 seconds.

• Mag1cian
    Mag1cian Member Posts: 72
    Options

Nah, you straight up lying. Experienced Blight's gets easy hits using hug tech, even if survivor expects hug it's guaranteed hit most of the times cuz Blight can easily catch up with bump logic even if surv guessed right and I'm not gonna explain broken tech like V1 which is also related to hug, ofc it's skill issue when survivor has no time to react most of the times. Good thing that trash exploit is gone