Chaos Shuffle is a good social experiment on the need for some base kit anti-tunnel features

Options
steamed_hamzzz
steamed_hamzzz Member Posts: 247
edited May 20 in Feedback and Suggestions

I love playing this mode, it’s such a refreshing change of pace, but there’s one thing I have noticed. If killers know there’s no threat of perks like DS, OTR ect then they will tunnel like their life depends on it, which is why such perks are necessary in the main game

But should they need to be necessary? Game modes like this show us how fun the game can be when there’s perk variety, if players aren’t running the same build game after game out of necessity the game becomes so much more fun

It’s why I think a lot of the anti tunnel perks need to nerfed/ reworked and instead have some of their power build into a survivors base kit, just so you’re not completely disadvantaged when you don’t run the same perks game after game, and aren’t heavily limiting your play style/ build just to avoid getting hard tunnelled at 5 gens, allowing a lot more perk variety which is much healthier for the game in the long run

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,113
    Options

Glad we finished our objectives day 1 @Atsuka_Anarchy

• hermitkermit
    hermitkermit Member Posts: 228
    Options

That's why I think both should effect one another. If the same survivor is hooked consecutively, then gens get a repair speed buff. If hooks are spread amongst survivors, gens get a repair speed slow down. Both stack. I think it's a good compromise that would be healthy for the game. Because I've noticed the same as you with this chaos shuffle, killers need slowdowns cause gens fly and tunneling is still just as strong as it was a few years ago.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 682
    Options
  • fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

That's why game's win condition should be hook oriented. I have too much 7-8 hooks games, where i did absolutely fine and 100% won if tunnel someone out earlier, but i only have 0 or 1 kill instead. I'm bored from hardcore tunneling long time ago, but game tells me that i'm clearly the idiot because of that.

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 342
    edited May 18
    Options

It just isn't a fun mode because all of the try hard killers who aren't confident enough without playing with their massive slow down builds. 2 out of 3 matches killers just proxy camp the hook and go straight for the tunnel. I did all of the tome challenges and won't be touching again.. If I get tunneled in regular mode at least I have DS and OTR for back up

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 567
    Options

I been saying on twitter, which is a hot take:

Base-kit DS (5 sec stun duration, can be used twice)

Base-kit Umbrekable (unlimited usage)

Map offering and add-ons disabled.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,879
    Options

As a survivor main, I disagree with basekit changes. Perks, yes. Because then those of us who don't see tunnelling alot can continue as normal, and those who do see it alot have perk options. I feel like that is a good compromise.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options

I think it showes problems were allready knew existed for very long time.

Tunneling is issue for Survivors and Gen speed is issue for killers.

How about we do something about that base kit and stop the semi-half-baked balance stand on few perks back to back.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 682
    Options

I would take that deal although I'd argue Corrupt should be 30 seconds 20 seconds is to low

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 768
    Options

I don't want to revieve our old discussion but there is still no good way to practice looping.

And cautious play is a lot easier when you have perks like off the record available (I mean the aura protection and the muffled sounds, not the endurance) which you might not have in Chaos Shuffle.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,883
    Options

I honestly have noticed the opposite. The only time I see gens going faster than I can handle, is if people bring 2-3 toolboxes.

Genspeeds arent really an issue for most killers, as you can counter that by pressuring survivors. The only time I see gens pop quickly without toolboxes is if a killer decides to tunnel and not put any pressure on anyone else.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,078
    edited May 19
    Options

survivors get power button. The power button allows you to equip any exhaustion perk. Does not cost a perk slot.

Base-kit now adds 10% haste permanently until a another survivor is put into the dying state.

The good thing about these new modifiers is that Dev can use these modifiers as experiments to new modes to modify current dbd. We could see modifier like that where killer gets

→200% regression

→ Base-kit Pain res on every hook

vs

→ The survivor getting a free exhaustion perk

→ unhooked survivor gets 10% permanent haste until another survivor is put into the dying state. Haste buff last's for minimum of 30 seconds.

After that, you can play the mode and see if DBD is better or worse.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,883
    Options

Ah yes, because everyone has the ability to suddenly record tons of games. Thing is, it happens more often than it should, and when it happens, its more effective than it should be (no one should be able to succesfully tunnel at 5 gens without survivors being able to do 3 gens).

Tunnelling should be a last ditch effort for killers because they HAVE to kill someone, not because they CAN. Camping isnt too bad anymore, anti-camp is pretty good at even combatting killers like Bubba proxy-camping.

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 412
    Options

One thing i noticed in chaos shuffle is that even when killers did tunnel all the gens were done an they would end up with a 1k or sometimes even a 0k as the gens just fly as there were no gen defence. Only games i had were all gens were not done was when someone was throwing the game (afk, teaming, dc, sand bagging on purpose ).

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

Basekit DS would be great, but I think these buffs you suggest would require some compensation buffs on the killers side as well.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    Options

Not that it is necessarily to blame, but BHVR made a huge mistake putting "Kill 3 survivors by any means" at the end of the event archive.

I worked through the entire archive 2 hooking every survivor and letting everyone escape in the end. I was doing way more than should be asked to ensure that everyone was happy with the results of the trial, even if for some reason they did not enjoy it in the moment. …until I reached the last archive challenge.

I did not want to spend any more than 1 game completing the archive, so I instantly played like a miserable POS who didn't care about the survivor's feelings.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,950
    Options

I would agree for basekit 3-second DS in exchange for basekit Lightborn and Enduring.

• shiiroo
    shiiroo Member Posts: 9
    Options

Game mode WAS insanely fun. At the beginning. Now it's plagued with Skull Merchants, Twins, and tunneling and slugging sweats desperate to make another limited-time fun game mode miserable for everyone else while taunting you with "ggez" in chat.

Unless something will be done about that, there's no point in keeping or introducing any other modifiers to this game because killers will ruin it as they did with My Little Oni.

• Khastrx
    Khastrx Member Posts: 98
    Options

It's an experiment on how many players uses certain perks as a crutch. You take certain things away and suddenly anything goes, and that's refreshing to experience. Of course there are many caveats to saying something is a crutch, often some perks are just necessary because of game design, but others less so and it shows when someone can't function without it.

The mode is still fun and competitive tryhards are always going to exist no matter where they are, but yeah it could with some adjustments in the future.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,950
    Options

These are equivalent buffs: you want to protect survivors from killers' scummy playstyle, so it's only fair killers also get some protection against survivors' scummy playstyles.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

So you just played like every survivor does against killer for your last archive?

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 343
    Options
  • Sarrif
    Sarrif Member Posts: 116
    Options

They are buffing sabo, so as long as they don't revert the changes survivors will have another possible objective that will actually be sorta worth it.

• Sarrif
    Sarrif Member Posts: 116
    edited May 19
    Options

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 537
    Options

I'm definitely agreeing with the secondary objective, maybe an item of sorts that buffs whatever team holds it and there's something each side can do to steal it back. That would maybe slow matches a bit and give players more chances to interact before the trial is decided.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

Chaos Shuffle just shows us why there is a reason why certain perks are used the most

And adding more perks as basekit will only makes things worse

For example:

Who uses BT anymore, it's free

But the 5% progression loss doesn't feel like enough so Killers pile on the Gen regression perks to make up for it… for better or worse

Now if they did release the Basrkit Unbreakable Survivors would take advantage of it and start chasing the Killer to distract them and allow the downed Survivor to pick themselves up

Or if they got rid if the Basekit Pop and replaced it with Ruin things would get worse… Survivors can't leave the Gen to save for fear of Ruin taking away their progress (even though it wouldn't be that much… .25 charges per second)