The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dispelling Sphere still seems to be slightly underwhelming

While it's definitely a nice tool for gathering information, one that is more than appropriate for a killer that has 3 other powers on top of it, I still believe that it is largely out shadowed by the other 3 spells.

The main issues I have with it are the following:
1. The slowdown from casting the sphere is completely redundant since it's a spell that does not pose a direct threat to survivors, thus it would make sense to get rid of it entirely.
2. From my knowledge the Sphere does not deactivate the Hand nor the Eye of Vecna. I believe that makes little sense from both spell's theme and gameplay perspective. In case it's actually supposed to disable those, I fully take my words back.
3. Sphere does not provide much utility, even though it's the spell that is supposed to be the one spell that is solely revolved around this exact utility. It gives information, but it's delayed, and you mostly get it while being busy with something else. It deactivates magical items, but there's only one kind of them that significantly helps a lot during chases (those being items of Interloper) while the other one helps to counter Sphere directly.

To give Dispelling Sphere more utility while also making it more thematically intriguing, I propose making it so for each survivor under the effect of the Sphere, all of Vecna's spell cooldowns EXCEPT for the Dispelling Sphere itself become 10% faster. This change would make it so it gives you more direct value which fits perfectly for a spell that you cast as a "secondary thought".

Comments