The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Live Roadmap - August 2024

Peanits
Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

We're more than halfway through the year! Time to check in with the live updates the team will be working on for the rest of 2024.

As always, timelines may change, but we'll keep you updated as we progress.

Comments

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,027
  • adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,027

Just make distortion do not recharge on chases please 🙏

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 683

What about Trickster update on last november? A lot bad feedbacks and nothing happen or revisited about it? 75% maybe more dont like his changes, include survivors.

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 491

no gen slowdown buffs sadge

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,990

distortion user's slowly backing up in the distance.

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 777

What happened to all the perks you said you would make useful in the Ask me anything? You said it were 12perks or more solely buffed in fall.

• Langweilg

What is the difference between a perk update and a tweak?

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183

Blurry Photo basekit please 🙏 It feels impossible to get teleport value without it, it's a must-run.

I hope those Cenobite changes and Billy changes are good, I'm somewhat concerned because those killers seem to be in a very good spot atm. (please don't be nerfs please don't be nerfs)

Also Pharmacy buff is going to be peak, I hope, the Green Medkit goblins shall rise once again…

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,697

Looks like a decent roadmap overall. Skull Merchant getting changes sooner than expected is a nice surprise.

• Langweilg
    edited August 2

Does that mean there is more coming what isn‘t on the road map like the other perks from the next update?

Is answered: The comment from peanuts showed up later.

• Langweilg
    edited September 4

I miss that you return old first Sadako with current buffs in the roadmap😭. That is my suggestion:

Also can we please get a chest update, where you make „Ace in the whole“ basekit, special/more basement chests and the loot better.

Post edited by Langweilg on
  • Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Can we get a sneak peak at the SM changes pweaase :3

• Langweilg

But she is frustrating to play against and the haste is stupid since they nerfed MFT and the undetectable is too much too.

• Langweilg
  • Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,341

Important to note, all the killer on the roadmap are listed as tweaks which given the dev explanation means minor adjustments to their kit without changing much.

I think you would be more disappointed if Freddy was just getting minor tweaks compared to a larger update.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

Some curious stuff on there. I'm especially interested in finding out what they're doing with Crowd Control, that's a pretty good perk at the moment so buffing it might get a bit scary. Then again, it is a hex, so maybe that's appropriate still…

Obviously, I'm crossing my fingers that the Skull Merchant changes are sensible, there are a good number of things they could tweak that'd actually be useful but you wouldn't see any of those celebrated by the community…

• Yggleif
    Yggleif Member Posts: 170

Oh god they're touching Twins again.

Also Plague and Cenobite were both very low on my list of killers that need changes so that's weird.

• bornagain234
    bornagain234 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 337

For cenobite, could you lower the tingy volume when you damage a generator? It makes me not want to play him, it hurts my ears.

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 536

Hope is all that is left for us… for years. But Hope will die sooner or later too.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,502

Huh - can´t remember they talked about the finisher mori again.

I really hope they don´t consider automatic mori at the last surv again. Optional is ok but not automatic.

• Seven_Minute_Drill
    Seven_Minute_Drill Member Posts: 2

How does is basekit unbreakable the same as a finisher mori which does not impact any gameplay?

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,465

This is the most "tweaks for little Timmy" roadmap ever.
    Watch them remove slugging from Twins and give them something like +0,2m/s to Victor's basekit.
    Nerf of perfectly balanced Billy, because poor average survivors can't drop pallets :(
    No one liked Finished Mori, literally whole forum hated it, but who cares, let's waste another months of works on update no one asked and put it in live regardless of feedback.
    SM will become less annoying D tier killer, but hey, we will see 5th rework in 2 years!
    Probably will make Leverage 45 seconds and watch how absolutely nothing changed about it, because perk which you need to earn by hard work and which start doing something noticeable when you already almost won a match, definately needs a timer on it.
    Watch them make Distortion doesn't charge in chase and leave this perk in same spot, where perk grants you with more stealth for stealthing and reward wrong things.
    Weave will see UW treatment, where we kill another killer's perk and then we will nerf Pain Res again, because it's still most obvious choice across all these 100+ amazing killer perks.
    Plague and Cenobite are pub stompers because you need some coordination against them and it definately isn't buff for them.
    Yes, little Timmy, we will nerf anything you want, just buy this Feng new outfit.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

Legion, Freddy and Myers changes when? They need help :/

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,648

Distortion is the way wrong to make an anti-tracking perk, because it's available way too much. Anti-tracking perks should be more like OTR, where it's available for a limited number of times per game, for a limited amount of time each activation. Allowing tokens to recharge is still too much uptime.

BHVR said the biggest gap between solo q and SWF, is that solo q has less teamwork. And Distortion is often used as an anti-teamwork perk, where survivors will excessively hide, and lower the team's overall chances of survival in the process.

There is also the issue that killer slowdown perks are often valued way higher than killer tracking perks, and perks like Distortion are at fault. Slowdown perks can always give value, but tracking perks can often be bypassed with things like Distortion. It's best for game balance that perks like DIstortion get nerfed.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,648

Ultimate weapon already got nerfed into the ground, and Weave attunement is already on the roadmap to be changed.

If tracking perks are too powerful, then they should be looked at individually. And there are healthier perks that block auras, like OTR, that exist for anti-tunneling, instead of encouraging survivors to excessively hide.

Having Distortion limited to 3 or 4 uses per game, places Distortion in line with perks like OTR. It’s better for the game, if the “excessively hide” perks are nerfed, and changed to be more of a limited duration anti-tunnel perks, or limited edition “helps escape chases” perks.

• Seven_Minute_Drill
    Seven_Minute_Drill Member Posts: 2

again how does that impact the proposal for finisher moris.

• DwightDwigt
    DwightDwigt Member Posts: 73

This trend of decreasing perk cool-downs is great!

Add Bardic Inspiration to the pile!

Cut the cool-down, or just let people play more often.

90 seconds is too long between performances; let the people lute!