The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The new kill rate goal being minimum 62% until maximum 65% is far too high

Langweilg
Langweilg Member Posts: 777
edited September 18 in Feedback and Suggestions

It is just a slap into the face for everyone who still plays survivor and it makes killer too boring when it is so easy

Comments

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,093

Keep getting 4ks. It won’t be “too easy” very quickly.

You’re welcome to shareplay on my console with my MMR if you’d like, but you’ve seen what I go up against. 🤣🤣

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,760

Did they devs state they wanted killrates higher than 60% now?

• ChaosWam

Google search isn't giving me a video on this, just all people talking about the update.

If anyone has a source I'd like to see what they said on this.

• Backmon
    Backmon Member Posts: 236

I dont know is that true or not. But if is maybe Plague and Cenobite wouldnt be nerfed in next patch

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,614

they said minimum 60%, over 65% is too high. They aim for 62% presumably so that they comfortably remain over 60%

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 1,056

Make the process of getting killed in DBD an engaging/fun affair (and perhaps add something in after being sacrificed to tide over people in a SWF if spectating is found to be too uninteresting/ you're killed first and lost out on a lot of possible bloodpoints).

A higher kill-rate/final-girl thing is a thematic thing for horror.

• ChaosWam

Currently combing the video in search of this, but it may take me awhile due to being busy on and off.

I will say, if a killrate on a killer is sitting at 65%, I do think that's too high myself and I also can understand the nuances as to why that is. Some killers being changed frequently so people play against them like their old versions, PUB stomping, etc etc with no real way for survivors to easily access information on them to learn to counter them better. It's why in the past I suggested categorizing it all in an easy to find tab in the character select screen that can have a red ! every time they get changed.

That said, if the target is 60%, it's going to be tough in a game like this to keep it at exactly 60% across all killers without unfairly nerfing them. I mean, just look at the SM backlash right now as proof of that and she's sitting at 70%. I think the better spots would be roughly around 59%-62% if accounting for every possible scenario, without leaving the killer in a state that feels like it's missing half it's power.

• ChaosWam

Problem with that is this game is far too nuanced to be around a 55% mark. It's also why it can't be around 50%, due to the nature of it being a 1v4. The 1 still needs some power over the 4, and it's pretty evident when you face a lot of good players at higher MMRs. People like to think it's a 1v1v1v1v1, but ever since SWF was introduced (in my experience) it really has geared towards the 1v4 aspect, and really BHVR should make changes to embrace that and give SoloQ tools to play less selfish and assist their team without giving SWF even more ammo.

Think about how nurse sits so low despite being the top tier killer. As well as SoloQ and SWF differences, map variations, killer power variations, perks and how often survivors bring them, that sort of thing. We also have to keep in mind how many survivors there are in lower tiers dying left and right because they don't understand all the different things in the game nor have immediate access to better perks. I even saw a post somewhere asking if a Myers was hacking because he was able to straight up kill people not knowing about Tombstone. It's also why I think Freddy has a higher killrate despite being one of the worst killers, I sure remember going against my first Freddy and having no idea what was going on at the time. That said, a 58% mark wouldn't be a bad compromise either, but the other issue is varying killer power. Weaker killers will suffer from any wide nerfs more than the stronger ones.

I still think at this point in the game, having a compendium covering every killer, their power, perk, addon and gameplay tips provided by, say, the Fog Whisperers or the community even would be a better step toward bridging some of the gaps. A lot of newer players don't even read patch notes or understand the changes and how they effect the killer or perk. With a compendium being updated every new chapter or change, it could help at least cover some knowledge gaps.

• ChaosWam

Pretty much add this to what I said as well. It's why I hesitate going any further below 58% in killrates, especially for the weaker killers on the roster.

• ppmd
    ppmd Member Posts: 106

Thanks for the info. Explains a lot.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,082

At 20:00-20:40, the developer states that they aim for 62.5% kill-rate to 65% kill-rate with minimum threshold of 60%. Skull merchant is said to have 72% kill-rate and when account for first hook death which i am curious to how they calculate this because a player can "give up" in the a game on 5 minutes into the match on 2nd hook but any case, he says that that she has 3% first hook death ratio accounting for 69% kill-rate which is too high. as someone that plays a lot of skull merchant, i can say for sure that the amount of time that people disconnect or kill themselves on hook is a lot higher. If i had to wager what her true kill-rate is without survivors giving up, i'd say it around ~62-64%. The changes that they're doing are by not mean small and are true gutting of her kit and the killer itself. that's ok because the ######### on hook stuff has to go down anyway but hopefully the rework that seems to be implied to be around Mid-next year will be some refreshing changes.

Billy he says has 68% or 69%. He also stated twin's win-rate but i skimmed over what he said. All i remember is that he said that Twins is labelled as weak but stats are very high(maybe because only playing twin are twin 1 tricks). For reference, Twin is strong but their play-style, slugging is not very strong. it is very tedious to play as and SWF tend to counter the play-style very harshly where it takes full 4 minutes to bleed out to win which very long but vs soloq, you are very likely to slug entire team because of poor play.

• ChaosWam

Thanks a ton for getting the right spot!

And I think you're right, it's far too high to expect anything above a 62% KR imo, considering the original plans was 60%. And I have to agree with you on SM, I am almost guaranteed a DC or Hook Throw when I play her. It makes me wonder if this is something that only happens at a certain MMR and most casual players don't do it on the lower MMRs. Wouldn't know unless I had access to that information myself.

As for Billy and Twins, I would agree with his assessment on Twins. Billy though, I can't say me or many I play with had issues but if his KR is barely touching 70% that's something I can't argue against.

I think the main conclusion I draw from this is BHVR shouldn't go above the 60% KR range, but also don't just gut killer powers like SM's. I think the sweet spot is somewhere between 58% to 62%, but perhaps they have more information on why they chose 60%-65%. I think Billy's alterations may help, but I don't play enough Billy to make a conclusive opinion.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

55% was lowest he suggested and 60% highest. So average of 57,5% kill rate. I think that would be the most healthy for the game. As now we can see with 60% kill rate big part of playerbase is having bad time soloQ. So I think 62% kill rate will be too high, especially considering last time I saw kill rates, average was 59%.

So I would lower the kill rate down to 57-58% by solely doing buffs that benefit soloQ survivors. Kindred basekit and seeing the anticamping progress would be good start.

• ChaosWam

Check Crowman's post above as to why I think 62% being the highest is alright.

• Devil_hit11
    edited September 18

i think 60% KR is pretty kinda low. i can only speak my own opinion when i play killer but i don't consider 0, 1k and 2k as wins as killer. i consider them as losses. I also don't sugar coat my losses or down-play my failures as killer player. a lot of player do like they'll say 2k is a draw, which i just see as downplaying losses which is fine if it makes you feel better.

I agree with his analysis that 65% is sweet spot for killer kill-rates.

Vecna here shows what is close to 65% kill-rate. 38.76+19.88 is 58.64%. i would aim for 60% win-rate for killer so it would be around 66% or 67%. I think most killer generally content with that type of win-rate if they one-trick the killer or have lot of gameplay experience with said killer.

Most killer are nowhere near that. as a result, the game is primarily considered survivor sided for most killers unless your like a new survivor player. you can look at ghostface's stat distribution.

he is nowhere near 60% and win-rate is like 45%. keep in mind, these all small sample sizes and not actual defined kill-rates. I do not think that it is realistic to expect every killer to be strong numerically but i think most important part about killers is them feeling good to play. If your having fun with a killer, you won't mind losing games as much because the killer is fun to play. a lot of these killer with disastrous stats don't really feel that fun or special to play. as a result, there isn't a whole reason to go out of your way to play a lot of weaker killers to lose.

I think the main conclusion I draw from this is BHVR shouldn't go above the 60% KR range, but also don't just gut killer powers like SM's.

I love playing as current skull merchant but i don't enjoy having to skip 1/3 of my games for d/c/give up ######### on hook. gutted skull merchant is not going to be fun to play for killer because the main appeal for skull merchant was the long over-time haste effect for landing successful claw traps onto the survivor. reaping said reward by chasing other survivors then ambushing the survivor with claw trap as it expires. Unfortunately survivor d/c vs the killer so it is whatever at this point.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

I read it and im not convinced. Dbd matches are more often either 3-4 escapes or 3-4 kills and not that many matches in between. So increasing kill rates can end up with killers getting most often these results 4K, 3K, 3K, 0K and that averages 62.5% kill rate.

• ChaosWam

Know what, that's actually really interesting statistics.

I think you're right about the numbers, I'll probably go over some other data points and see if this holds up with some other killers.

• Adrien
    Adrien Member Posts: 89

Developpers are probably taking into account the number of solo Q survivors that kill themself on hook. It inflates the stats massively. Altruism in end game collapse helps a lot as well.

I think the major problem for survivors that devs should fix is a couple of extremely killer sided maps (Forgotten ruins, Lampkin lane) and few strongly killer sided maps + the lack of info in solo Q (loadouts, perk activation such as deliverance).

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 174

Killer: power role

Survivor: not power role.

Killer should have a higher kill rate solely because they are supposed to be powerful

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 675
    edited 12:59AM

Good.

Killers are the power role. Killers should feel good to play. If you feel like you lose all the time to random BS, of course you won't have fun playing Killer.

65% is also within a normal distribution of Kill rates, as I have said before, and therefore balanced. Now if the Devs start claiming they want 70% or higher? THEN we can talk.

Survivor is supposed to be hard. The era of being able to rely on superstrong meta perks to save your butt is over - hard. The Devs have spoken. If that is no longer in line for how you have fun as Survivor, either change how you play Survivor or move on to another game I guess because it's no longer for you.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    edited 1:05AM

Then you do not play enough of the weaker Killers to realize why a 55-60% Killrate won't work. It has to be higher, a 62.5%, to even get a 2k or higher. Just a draw or higher. No Killer I know sees a draw as a win.

If Killrates need to be a whopping 62-65% to simply DRAW against decent Survivors, what does that tell you? Not that Killers need nerfs because they are too strong, but that Survivor perks and items are what need massive nerfs.

And that's pretty much what BHVR is doing here.

If you have to win as Survivor a lot to have fun, you probably are taking Survivor too seriously. Take off the Meta perks and learn the new maps like everyone else has to.

• doobiedo
    doobiedo Member Posts: 149
    edited 4:26AM

No. Why would I take off meta perks, the killers arent going to. Have to wait for chaos shuffle for that.

And as for the other stuff you are saying, your math is nonsense. How do killers need 62-65% winrate to get 2 kills. That average out to about 2.5 kills, well over 2 and halfway to 3. Also the one thing that would make Bhvr. tone down kill rates would be if survivors stop playing, the very thing you tell them to do.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    edited 5:10AM

Then you are and forever will be part of the problem. Because Killers only put those on because they feel they need them to deal with SURVIVOR meta.

If you want less sweaty games, take off the meta perks, play silly with a SWF, and forget about winning. That's what every single Killer eventually has to do when the game is too hard. Why wouldn't it be the same for Survivors? If your games are sweaty the common denominator isn't "every Killer sweats". It's you.

YOU are the only one who controls YOUR games. Which is something everyone has to deal with eventually. If you want less sweat, it has to start with you. Change YOUR mindset. You will never change others.

Nice edit btw. My math is what the Devs have stated they want. You can accept it or move on. But my math isn't incorrect just because YOU think the game should work how YOU want it to. If the game is no longer for you I promise there are x4 more Survivors ready and willing to accept these stats and take your place. Myself included.

Post edited by GonnaBlameTheMovies at
  • doobiedo
    edited 4:45AM

I don't have a swf to play with and I dont like playing with voice chat anyway unless it was good friends of mine but I dont have any irl friends that play this game. So I will continue to play solo que and use my lithe, deja vu, WoO and ether kindred, bond or detective's hunch so I can hopefully at least keep my escape rate at 40-50%. I am also experimenting with a new wallhack build of alert, OoO, dark sense, and scene partner to counter the same thing becoming meta on the killer side.

I am looking forward to the new chaos shuffle 2.0 though I will say.

• doobiedo
    edited 4:59AM

Why do killers need almost a 60% win rate defined as 3 kills or above. Just another example how killer has become the "easy mode" role in this game. Also how is 2 kills not a draw. Like 2 escapes is literally a draw for both sides if you are thinking of the survivor side as a team game. (Since I play solo que I consider if only I escape as a win for myself still but I know a lot of survivor players don't think that way. )

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    edited 5:07AM

Because at 50/50, the Killers don't actually 3-4k half the time and do less the other half. They draw every round, while two Survivors always are guaranteed to win all the time.

At a 60/40, that is not true - that means a Killer 2-4ks about half the time, then 0-1ks about half the time. Meanwhile it means Survivors… have someone in the team escape about half the time. Balanced. Fair, though it doesn't look like it. A true 50/50

Meanwhile, a 50% winrate for both means a false 50/50. It means a 2k every single round, but that just means a guaranteed victory for two Survivors and a guaranteed no better than draw for Killer because of how the game calculates what a win for Killer is versus Survivor. A win for Survivor is them escaping, but a win for Killer is a 3k or better. If it's 50/50, then two Survs always win and the Killer NEVER gets better than a draw, so never wins.

So answer me this. Why do you believe, and why are you defending the idea that, Survivors always deserve a guaranteed 2 man out but Killers are never allowed to 4k?

Also if you don't have a SWF, try reaching out and finding others on official channels. Maybe even here on the forums. It won't kill you to make new friends.

• doobiedo

That's not what I'm saying at all. I don't even think killers should not be the "power role" and I am fine with the killer side having the higher winrate. I just think the kill rate has gotten a bit too high for the health of the game, just a bit, especially because the killer role is so much easier for new players than the survivor role. I think it is evident that things have just gone a bit too far to one side when you consider things like how the amount of survivors giving up keeps rising.

I actually think a lot of people look at that issue in the wrong way incedentally. A lot of mainly killer players view it as an issue of "survivor entitlement," but I think its actually become more of an "escape valve" at this point. It allows Bhvr. to keep kill rates higher than is palpatable for most survivor players, but because they know they have the option to "go next" if the match is boring enough they don' t actually just stop playing the game. If Bhvr. took out the ability to do this, as many in the forums want, they would have to actually work a little harder to balance the game in a way that keeps both sides happy. For example, while I don't know what exactly the kill rates in the 2 v. 8 were, they were obviously lower than in the base game. Because it is so much harder to "go next" in that mode, I believe if the kill rates were as high in that mode as in the base game a lot of survivor players would have stopped playing it.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    edited 5:28AM

Then if you believe Killers should be the power role, you should be fine with a 60/40 split and also fine with a max killrate at 65%. No problems here and you're complaining about nothing.

I don't get you, every time I see you you're always saying how hard it is for Survivor. But I still win about 40% of my rounds fairly, all the time. I don't see how Killers are overpowered when my winrates have not changed as Survivor whatsoever beyond it being a little harder to easily cheese wins for free. I suspect it's the same for most Survivors, so I guess… what are you doing wrong to have such abysmal results every round?

I'm not even a Killer Main, I play both sides equally. And even I can see that actually, yeah, it really is just about Survivor entitlement. It really, truly is. Because this game is, and will always be, balanced at 60/40. JUst as the Devs want. It'll never be lower than that ever again for the rest of its lifetime because the Devs do not want it to be for the health of the game. This is healthy, they believe it's healthy, because it's 100% *fine* and actually a true 50/50 at this rate regardless of what you say. If that is a problem for you so badly it ruins your game, maybe the game is just no longer for you.

And yes, saying you want Killrates lower because you think it's unhealthy whether you mean it or not, IS saying you believe Killers should never win and Survs should always get two guaranteed wins a round. Because that is what would happen at a true 50/50, and was in fact what happened in the past. Amd what happened? It lead to a mass Killer exodus that almost ACTUALLY killed the game. We can't go back to less because if the game feels so bad at 50/50 for Killers that people leave the role over it, then it not only indicates Survivors actually need MORE nerfs, it means that 50% as a killrate clearly. Isn't. A healthy. Rate.

I don't understand how you are repeatedly failing to understand this.

• Devil_hit11

the vast majority of killer have below 60% kill-rate with many killers having a much lower win-rate then 50%. the stats don't suggest that that killer is easy mode. if anything, they seem suggest that killer is harder than it has ever been before.

• doobiedo

Okay well you keep putting words in my mouth saying I said things I never said so there is no point in debating it. If you want to have an honest discussion then I will but you are just twisting my words; not even twisting them actually just straight up making up things you say I said.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    edited 5:45AM

How funny. You keep putting words in mine. Twisting mine.

You have not once even tried to explain why you think ANYTHING less than 60/40 in an assym is fair. You have ignored my stats. You have insulted me on these forums multiple times. You keep falsely calling Killer easy mode. You point out how Pity-Poor-Me Survivors have it, but never once spare a thought for Killers that are weaker than a B tier, who definitely do not have killrates of 60% and can often still struggle. You keep falsely saying Survivors have nothing when actually they currently have TOO MUCH gen control, and still have too many maps that favor them more than Killer gets. Killers have like one map that favors them now, Survivors still have several. Killers have their gen perks gutted because some, not even all, but SOME Killers could 3gen easily in the past, but Survivors get needlessly MORE generator perk buffs. And you continuously like to pretend that SoloQ is languishing so hard, when actually the escape rates for SoloQ are pretty close to SWF at all levels of MMR - so you like to skew statistics, too.

Please just stop. We get it. You're a Survivor-only Main who wants Killers to struggle and never win rounds so you can get an assured out half the time. It's alright to admit this. Just admit your biases. It's OK to do that. Please just say what you mean, or I and others will be forced to assume you're desperately trying to return this game to 2019, when Survivors had a million broken things and you could get free outs with a DH so Killers couldn't even lunge. Just admit you think things like endgame DS and old MFT were fair. It would literally explain everything.

• doobiedo

How do the stats suggest that? I have never heard anyone say that killer is harder than it has ever been. I mean it obviously isn't.

• doobiedo

I used to play killer and survivor about equally ( in fact when I started I only played killer.) I have just gradually played killer less over time because I tend to want to challenge myself more, and I don't think even you would argue that solo que survivor is not the harder role, would you?

I started posting on these forums just because I see a lot of fallacious arguments and it seems like those on the killer side tend to dominate the discussion so I wanted to balance it out a bit. When I say I think the kill rate has gotten too high I am saying by like a few percentage points, you are acting like I said I think kill rates should go under 50%. And like I said before I am mainly thinking of new players when I say this. Like over time I have gotten into a higher mmr where I escape a lot more but I still remember when I was stuck in mmr hell when I started playing survivor and barely ever escaped and I just think such an unbalanced experience for new players is not the best.

I will say the one thing that probably originally drove me to start posting here was when for awhile every killer was running frank n' weave, an absolutely broken combo but then every killer main flooded the echo chamber in here saying it was perfectly fine and fair and balanced, and that's when I realized the other side needed to be represented more.

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,081

It isn't the new target. They've already been targeting this kill rate in the past. It's just that the information has now been publicised. I think that target is fine considering how many survivors grief their team, suicide on hook, run meme builds, and prioritise Tome challenges.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    edited 5:56AM

So then play a weaker Killer with non-meta perks instead of demanding unfair Killer nerfs because you want "a challenge" in a casual tag game at the expense of everyone else who just wants a game. It's actually kind of sad you take the game this seriously. There's no chance in Hell you have played Killer very long if you really think the game is so "easy" for Killers; either that or you mained strong ones. Shouldn't you then, if you like challenge so much, be happy Survivor isn't easy mode like this?

Thank everything you don't decide anything about game balance. You'd kill the game.

I think we're done here. Trying to get you to understand basic statistics and game balance feels like talking to a brick wall.

• doobiedo

Well I think that's kind of circular reasoning. I think that part of the reason so many suicide on hook is because the game can be so oppressive for survivors.

Seriously though you guys act like I want killers to average 1 kill a game or something, like its such hyperbole. Did you think 2 v. 8 mode was terrible for killers because they got slightly less kills. ( Did they ever release official stats about that game mode by the way?)