Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Anyone else think Chucky needs SM treatment?

WolfyWood
WolfyWood Member Posts: 451
edited September 20 in Feedback and Suggestions

Atp he feels worse to play against than pre-nerf Blight.

At least Blight's end the game fast, every game against Chucky for me so far has just been a cheesy slog win or lose.

I've also encountered so many Chucky's ragequitting after one bad play.

I feel like he could use some more nerfs.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Jacknalls_Paw
    Jacknalls_Paw Member Posts: 135
    edited September 19

His power recharges too quickly, it feels useless and unrewarding dodging his S&D (nearly impossible already) attack because he can do it again right after.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,896

He needs a little toning down but he doesn't need to be gutted like that.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 382

I hate playing against Chucky because it seems like he gets free stealth hits that are impossible to counter. You can't see him coming like you can against GF or Myers and even Wraith if you're looking closely for the distortion from his cloak. So there's basically no reason to play any other stealth killer because he does it by far the best with no downside. Am I missing anything here?

• WolfyWood

I am sorry Ser Lightborn I just think killers I dislike should be rendered unviable.

• WolfyWood
    edited September 19

Okay sure.

I dislike stealth killers and stealth as a mechanic in general, I do appreciate how they make the matches tense and require my SWF to actually have good comms, but Chucky is diff in the sense that he's tiny and to my knowledge his indicator isn't very reliable like GF cloak or Myers breathing, feel free to provide insight I am open to getting better.

I dislike how tiny he is, feels similar to Sadako but worse as far as mind-gaming and keeping an eye on the model while looping.

Finally, I dislike his M2, I'm okay with it going under pallets, I'm partially okay with it curving, but it's way too spammy and feels like trash if you're not at a good loop chain.

Oh yeah and he feels like a magnet for emotional players.

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 305

The problem with SM was that she took no skill to use. It was just using M2 to place a drone and that's it. Chucky on other hand needs to work for a downs

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 453

i love playing against him but i can understand why others may struggle but most of the time it's a 3 or 4 man out. I Very rarely see a chucky win unless teammates throwing hard.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,859

While he is tiny, you can tell when he's in stealth when there's multiple foot print tracks going around. It won't tell you he's nearby, but it says "hey be careful". Chucky himself is also very vocal (Tiffany strangely is less though) with a normal terror radius when out of stealth.

A fun fact we've learned is that 9/10 will always try mind games, as soon as they try, book it to another tile and get a chuckle as you see them play themselves for a second. That aside, we recommend chaining tiles together for looping instead of staying at tiles as that way you don't need to keep looking at Chucky as much. Only stay at tiles where there's no big line of sight blocking if possible, otherwise you have to look for the footprints and stain.

We don't got much to say on the m2 spammyness except that if he misses it's decently punishing for him. Dodge, pray, vault, lockers, throw yourself in odd spots like your dodging nurse, try anything to get them to miss. Least unlike Billy it's not a instant down.

That last bit is more of an opinion....but yea we kinda agree on that one

• Valuetown
    Valuetown Member Posts: 306

Yes.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 644

Not at all. Chucky is about mechanical skill while SM is just press button and get major advantage.

Some chuckys never miss, the rest just get mowed down. So I assume you have to practice alot like nurse.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,435

I actually think he's alright. I'm not too good at dodging his slice and dice, but aside from that I don't have any issues going against him

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

He just needs a slightly longer cooldown and Rat Poison should be removed. That's all. He doesn't need major changes.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,158

No. I can't play as him now lol. Shockingly, when I activated cross-progression and moved from Nintendo Switch to Playstation 5, he became harder to control.

He is slower which is intended but his special slice n dice is impossible to fo for some reason 🤔 and playing him feels horrible.

From Survivor POV, he seems oppressive, I agree, but only if he snowballs.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 829

All he does is move in a straight line

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108
  • Sudoxxed
    Sudoxxed Member Posts: 34
    edited September 19

Please nerf Chucky, but don't normalize the term "SM treatment".

I don't know what BHVR was thinking when they gave the smallest killer in the game third person, fake footprints, undetectable for no killer stain and a power that can curve around any tile in the game. The real footprints don't even work half the time.

It feels terrible to play against him, but I don't think he should be gutted.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 683

????

Chucky is fine, he's just smol so you have to play against him differently. He's also got a different camera, so you play him a little different. He's not overly strong, he's a low A tier at best. He's actually pretty well balanced and none of his addons strike me as problematic. If anything he's a bit too clunky now. He could probably get SOME scamper back I feel like, maybe as an addon like with Freddy's pallets.

We don't need to nerf every Killer just because some struggle to play against them. And while a good Chucky is brutal, the average killer doll Main can easily be handled with a little situational awareness, just like any other stealth Killer with a dash.

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 537

You are the Beric Dondarrion of the DBD world!

I actually worry what would happen if lightborn ever gets nerfed lol

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,134

I'm curious as to what you mean by emotional players. I think I have an idea of it but I'm not sure.

• WolfyWood

Killers who get really tilted over fair play and start humping, head shakes, hitting on hook after they get a down followed by them losing and raging in end game chat.

Always fun exploiting them with bags and waves because they'll throw an entire match just to kill someone.

What if I don't like them?

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 304

If Chucky's power recovery is nerfed, then he needs to become a 115 killer. Thats why his power recovery was buffed in the first place, because it felt awful to be a powerless 110 killer most of the game