We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

I didn’t understood the distortion change

adam1233467
adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,078

This means we have to be chased for 30 seconds to get one token or we get a tokens instantly when the chase starts?

Comments

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,531

Oh yeah. I forgot how long it takes to charge lol. Well at least a average chase is 30 seconds i think anyway?

• GingerBeard
    GingerBeard Member Posts: 273

I actually liked the PTB version and was planning on using it, but now i'm not so sure.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,267

Without knowing what the charge time is it's impossible to say. 30 seconds of chase can be quite a lot.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,078

Yes, thats why I’m asking, cuz if the perk requires you to be chased for 30 seconds for just one token, then will be bad

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,531
    edited October 3

I think people are forgetting this is a Buff in some aspects. There was a lot of builds that could go around distortions old charge. Trail of torment/any undetectable build mixed with aura reveal could burst out distortion with no way to recharge it. With the chase aspect you can at least get some charge back. Not saying it isn't bad. Just it's not all a omega nerf.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 2,015

I'm gonna post the thread that I opened in the PTB feedback since it was deleted:

Distortion users, it's time to dig up Sole Survivor

Sole Survivor counters the ability of the killer to read your aura at the cost of your dead teammates. If hiding your position is important for you play style, then consider bringing Off The Record and Sole Survivor. With just 1 token you can counter a few aura reading perks by the killer. Sole Survivor also increases the speed of opening gates and hatch. With Sole Survivor you can charge the gate progress bar until before the first light appears and continue opening the gate when the killer is checking the other one. With that strategy it's almost impossible for the killer to catch you. However, this effect is just one of two that Sole Survivor can grant you

A rundown of the aura block ability by Sole Survivor

1 token: 24 meters
    2 tokens: 48 meters
    3 tokens: 72 meters

1 token: 24 meters
    Counters:
    Awakened Awareness: 20 meters
    Lightborn (With flashlights and flashbangs)
    Nowhere To Hide: 24 meters
    Shattered Hope: Boon Range, 24 meters
    (NEW) Predator: Chase range
    (NEW) THWACK!: 24 meters
    (NEW) Zanshin Tactics: 16 meters

2 tokens: 48 meters
    Counter:
    All the above
    A Nurse's Calling: 28 meters
    Barbecue and Chili: 40 meters
    I'm All Ears: 48 meters
    Territorial Imperative: More than 24 meters

3 tokens: 72 meters
    All the above
    The remaining perks don't have pre-determined range, but countering the aura reading ability is more likely with 3 tokens.
    Alien Instinct (If you are injured)
    Bitter Murmur
    Blood Warden
    Darkness Revealed
    Eruption
    Face The Darkness
    Friends ‘Til the End (If you are the obsession)
    Gearhead
    Grim Embrace (If you are the obsession)
    Hex: Retribution
    Hex: Undying
    Human Greed
    Lethal Pursuer
    Lightborn (With Blast Mine)
    Scourge Hook: Floods Of Rage
    Scourge Hook: Hangman's Trick
    Weave Attunement

Possibly the only perk that can't be countered. Not quite sure:
    Deerstalker

According to Nightlight, the most used aura-reading perks are:
    1- Barbecue & Chili
    2- Lethal Pursuer
    3- Nowhere To Hide
    4- Grim Embrace
    5- A Nurse's Calling
    6- Friends ‘Til the End

Possible counters whilst running Sole Survivor:
    1- Hiding in a locker. Standing close.
    2- Running Distortion. Always running to a weird location when the match starts.
    3- Running away with no tokens. Chill with 1 token.
    4- Hiding in a locker for 6 seconds when the last survivor is hooked and the gens are blocked. Only if you are the obsession.
    5- Not heal in the terror radius. Chill with 1 token.
    6- Always hide in a locker if you are the obsession. Stay close with at least 1 token.

Possible counters to perks that can read aura with no pre-determined range:
    Alien Instinct: Stay healed. Hide in a locker.
    Bitter Murmur: Stay away of gens when they are about to be completed. Chill by the gen for 5 seconds to hide behind the black bubble. Hide in a locker for 10 seconds when the last gen is completed.
    Blood Warden: Just leave. Don't open the doors until the hook action is completed.
    Darkness Revealed: Stay away from lockers (probably only worth it against Huntress, Trickster and Dredge)
    Eruption: Don't do gens whilst an injured teammate is on a chase.
    Face The Darkness: Stay inside the terror radius. Cleanse the totem.
    Friends ‘Til the End (If you are the obsession): Hide in a locker.
    Gearhead: Hit great skill checks. Don't do gens for 30 seconds when a teammate loses a health state.
    Grim Embrace (If you are the obsession): Hide in a locker.
    Hex: Retribution: Don't cleanse the totem. Hide in a locker for 15 seconds when you see a teammate cleansing a totem.
    Hex: Undying: Stay away from dull totems. Only cleanse hex totems.
    Human Greed: Stay away from chests. Only open chests if the killer is chasing or carrying a teammate.
    Lethal Pursuer: No counters except Distortion (The only use of the perk)
    Lightborn (With Blast Mine): Hide in a locker.
    Scourge Hook: Floods Of Rage: Hide in a locker when a teammate is about to get saved.
    Scourge Hook: Hangman's Trick: Stay away from hooks.
    Weave Attunement: Don't bring items to the trial.

• NotVerySuss
    NotVerySuss Member Posts: 23

wdy? Its a straight up buff for the ptb version.. it used to have 1 token basically.. now it has 2

• Wibwob
    Wibwob Member Posts: 82

Tbf, assuming the user can last at least 30 seconds in two chases throughout the game, they still get to block the killer's aura reading 4 times. And that's on top of knowing what aura reading perks they have. I don't think it should be able to completely deny a Killer's aura reading for the whole match.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,458

Not really, unless we are talking about nurse/blight/spirit, 30 seconds in chase is very doable. Like no killer aside from those should be getting those times without a major misplay happening on the survivors part before.

I actually like the change, it rewards good players for having good chases.

• cclain
    cclain Member Posts: 82

The probleme is not how strong distortion is , the probleme is how selfish is it

maybe change it with visual effect that allows other survivor that their were seen
    the chase is a good idea but 30 second is to much

• NotVerySuss
    NotVerySuss Member Posts: 23

oh okay my bad.. i thought even the ptb version required the 30 second chase to recharge the perk

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,060

Well u know what that mean. The complaints about nowhere to hide gonna Skyrocket.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,688
    1. Do you start the match with 2 tokens?
    2. Is the duration buff from 10 to 12 going live?

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 326

Make it 15 seconds + increase capacity of tokens to 3, pretty please 😬

• Yggleif
    Yggleif Member Posts: 187

I don't know why but survivors melting down when they have to earn their perk is so funny to me. You still start with the two tokens the perk is still good and will still get 1-2 more tokens over the course of the game or 3 tokens if you're actually good at chase. I don't know what people are crying about you just don't get unlimited aura hiding now.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,781

Recharge in chase is fine, but the recharge time should be reduced a little since that's a lot more situational.

• Atom7k
    Atom7k Member Posts: 268

Then the next logical step is to delete Windows of Opportunity, revert Iron Will, ban lightweight and make quick and quiet single time use only. Survivors need to learn to look for resources and escape chases on their own.
    This whole discoussion does not lead anywhere. The Perks are changing fast because bhvr wants dbd to be a chase game with fortnite optics.
    I have no statistics but I can only guess that for bhvr people are "hiding too much" so they buff aura read to make more chases happen.
    The distortion nerf is okay. You have a huge bonus which bypasses tons of perks and add ons from the start and then you have to work for it to use it again. No more hiding all game. On the other hand I think they went too far with their changes regarding Sanshin Tactics. Killers should work for the auras too

• Yggleif
    Yggleif Member Posts: 187

A lot of killers don't even use aura perks they've only increased recently due to the nerf is slowdown perks. Also what survivor nerfs? Survivor has only been getting buffs recently. But no one perk is slightly worse and it's the end of the world, give me a break.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,749
    edited October 3

yea i thought ptb version would be a very strong chase perk that only activates in chase, right when a good looper would rather it does. this one doesn't look horrible to me either. 30 seconds per token might be a bit too long, but the direction they are going with the perk is good.

• Jock21
    Jock21 Member Posts: 27
    edited October 3

Maybe survivors should be the ones to learn how to last in a chase instead of crutching on braindead anti-aura perks.

Post edited by Jock21 on
  • Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,928

No. 15 seconds chase time is WAY too short for a token recharge.

• Yamskeezy
    Yamskeezy Member Posts: 16

stop crutching on wall hack builds, good killers dont need it.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,458

This would literally get a token for predropping a pallet, nah I would even go for 25 seconds if 30 is too much, which isnt unless you are versing blight/spirit/nurse/billy. Like looping a ghostface or any m1 killer is at least 1 min of chase time, what are people on about with 30 seconds being too much.

• JonahofArk
    JonahofArk Member Posts: 35

I've been saying on these forums about the ptb version of distortion being changed to a chase perk. That it was supposed to be used during chase to counter the changed zanshin and other aura perks. Now, players have complained about it so much that they re-added the recharge mechanic again and also upped the tokens. So players now have to last at least 30 secs in chase and requires a minute of chase for full recharge. Lol, it is NOW a dead perk thanks to the players who couldn't see that the ptb version was actually good. Yall have yourselves to blame for this one.