Fair and fun solution to SWF problem

Options
RSB
RSB Member Posts: 2,258
edited March 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Everyone knows, that SWF is not fair. Thanks to their coordination and voice chats, they gain the benefits of several aura reading perks, they can coordinate which perks they bring, they can set their roles (gen-rusher, looper), etc.

Dear devs, you know, and I know it. But what can you do? Deleting it would irritate survivors, which would end up in the drop of the playerbase and your earnings, which are important. Without them you cannot develop this game.
So, deleting it would irritate them, nerfing it probably too. So what now?

This is my idea:

Split the game into two gamemodes.

1) 1 versus 4, 5 generators - The same as it is now, BUT without SWF. What does it mean? It means that ONLY solo survivors can join to the lobby of the killer. They cannot be in SWF

2) 2 versus 6, 9 generators - Yes, 2vs6. "Fight fire with fire", as they say. Let the killer play with his friend in KWF mode (Kill With Friend). In this mode, 2 killers join to the first lobby (the same lobby as SWF has), then they click "Ready" and create the proper lobby, where survivors can join. It would be the only lobby where survivors could play in SWF, and it would be OPTIONAL for solo survivors to join this lobby as well (just and option, in Settings, or in the main menu, which enables the solo survivor to play in 2vs6 lobby). Then, you could limit the teammates in SWF to 3, so there would be maximum of 2 teams of SWF in one lobby (but this is optional).

This would lead to getting rid of SWF problem, splitting the game into 2 separate modes which would be balanced separately.

What are your thoughts?

Post edited by RSB on

Comments

• TrappyBoi
    TrappyBoi Member Posts: 17
    Options
    This would be sick I could see some deadly combinations of killers like doctor and nurse pig and trapper would be sick
  • Michael_Myers
    Michael_Myers Member Posts: 104
    Options

Would be interesting to see how Freddy's dream demon power would be integrated into a KWF scenario. Would the other killer play the match in the dream world, or would one be in the dream world while the other isn't? Could be cool either way.

• RSB
    Options

@Michael_Myers said:
    Would be interesting to see how Freddy's dream demon power would be integrated into a KWF scenario. Would the other killer play the match in the dream world, or would one be in the dream world while the other isn't? Could be cool either way.

Yep, having this mode would instantly balance this game into the right direction and add a mode which was long wanted by the community. As for the Freddy, probably the other killer would not see him, nor be in the dreaming state.

• ThePeeje
    ThePeeje Member Posts: 70
    Options

Double Wraith would be a cool combo. One to scare them into using SB and the other could appear the other side of the pallet they drop.

Sad that it takes two Wraiths to take down a single SB user.

• RSB
    edited May 2018
    Options

@ThePeeje said:
    Double Wraith would be a cool combo. One to scare them into using SB and the other could appear the other side of the pallet they drop.

Sad that it takes two Wraiths to take down a single SB user.

He has hidden potential in him, just wait for the devs to uncover it ;>

• Bark2996
    Bark2996 Member Posts: 18
    Options

I've been thinking that SWF should be the way it is sure, but I know some people DO actually care about their rank and the fact they have to go against people playing together and most likely know each other using comms is a bit of a problem. I just thought it would be simple to segregate a different mode for players to rank up for better rewards, but most que alone making it an even ground for both sides. That way neither side have the same amount of mystery of what they're dealing with and who they're playing against. Basically for rank you can only que on you're own, but for fun and BPS you can que with friends and such. Just a thought.
    Also, I like everyone's idea for KWF that would be pretty cool to witness and play to see some cool combos.

• Angie
    Angie Member Posts: 31
    Options

@RSB said:
    Everyone knows, that SWF is not fair. Thanks to their coordination and voice chats, they gain the benefits of several aura reading perks, they can coordinate which perks they bring, they can set their roles (gen-rusher, looper), etc.

Dear devs, you know, and I know it. But what can you do? Deleting it would irritate survivors, which would end up in the drop of the playerbase and your earnings, which are important. Without them you cannot develop this game.

This is my idea:

1) 1 versus 4, 5 generators - The same as it is now, BUT without SWF. What does it mean? It means that ONLY solo survivors can join to the lobby of the killer. They cannot be in SWF

2) 2 versus 6, 9 generators - Yes, 2vs6. "Fight fire with fire", as they say. Let the killer play with his friend in KWF mode (Kill With Friend). In this mode, 2 killers join to the first lobby (the same lobby as SWF has), then they click "Ready" and create the proper lobby, where survivors can join. It would be the only lobby where survivors could play in SWF, and it would be OPTIONAL for solo survivors to join this lobby as well (just and option, in Settings, or in the main menu, which enables the solo survivor to play in 2vs6 lobby). Then, you could limit the teammates in SWF to 3, so there would be maximum of 2 teams of SWF in one lobby (but this is optional).

What are your thoughts?

TBH, second one is fun in theory but it should only be a KYF and not it's own newly made mode. It would seem super super overpowered no matter how much more you add into it. And 1 killer to 4 survivors doing 5 gens, why would 2 killers to 6 survivors needing to do 9 GENS make sense?!?! The problem with this is either devs would have to add in more gens to maps meaning 11 gens total, or they would make one more additional gen and require EVERY gen to be done on the map which is impossible since 2 killers would just camp and rotate between chases. A better way for this mode is just increasing 2 killers, 5 Survs, and still 5 gens. It's a tricky way to challenge the 2 killers since gens can be done faster but in KYF you can use perks that make the game fun and balanced for everyone.

• RSB
    Options

@Angie said:

@RSB said:

This is my idea:

What are your thoughts?

TBH, second one is fun in theory but it should only be a KYF and not it's own newly made mode. It would seem super super overpowered no matter how much more you add into it. And 1 killer to 4 survivors doing 5 gens, why would 2 killers to 6 survivors needing to do 9 GENS make sense?!?! The problem with this is either devs would have to add in more gens to maps meaning 11 gens total, or they would make one more additional gen and require EVERY gen to be done on the map which is impossible since 2 killers would just camp and rotate between chases. A better way for this mode is just increasing 2 killers, 5 Survs, and still 5 gens. It's a tricky way to challenge the 2 killers since gens can be done faster but in KYF you can use perks that make the game fun and balanced for everyone.

Why should be it only in KYF? And why would it be overpowered? Now, SWF can use voice comms, which is totally unfair, so why can't killers have a chance, to play with their friends in a new mode?

2vs6 - Imagine 8 survivors storming gens, as there could be 6-8 survivors at one time at one gen! It would be too much. 9 gens, because now survivors need to repair 5 gens, half from te 5 is 2,5, and because there cannot be 8,5 gens - we need 9.

• RSB
    Options

@ThePeeje said:
    The big thing i agree with OP on is... there's no place for SWF in ranked. You can't ever balance the game with such a different level for solo and 4 man swf. Its impossible. And solo is where real skill lies. No cheats. No cheese. Just everyone looking out for number 1. There's so much potential in this game if its solo only. So much lack of awareness that a killer can exploit. That will never be the case as long as swf is cheating their way to victory.

KYF or separate game mode for SWF. They need to get out of ranked.

Separated mode (ranked, or not) with 2 killers, as it would be a mode where 2 teams can play with their friends. At least, I would like the 2 killers mode to happen (not only on KYF), it would be really great.

As you said, there is no place for SWF in current mode, that's why we need new one, where SWF would have it's place. The game would be more balanced, and it would open the doors for the future balance improvements, as Devs could fix the game for 2 modes - Solo and With Friends, not mixed, as we see it now.

• ThePeeje
    ThePeeje Member Posts: 70
    Options

AIts a good idea because why should one side get to play with friends, but the other side can't. thats the thing that ruins it for killers. that feeling of actually being bullied by a coordinated group. You cant really get bullied by 4 solos. They might outskill you. But if they do appear to coordinate well, thats down to skill, timing and good game sense. as opposed to 'hey everyone. hes doing this. come get him'. which requires zero skill.

2 player killer would be so much more fun.But they would need way more pallets. as killers would be eating them at doible the rate.

• RSB
    edited May 2018
    Options

@ThePeeje said:
    AIts a good idea because why should one side get to play with friends, but the other side can't. thats the thing that ruins it for killers. that feeling of actually being bullied by a coordinated group. You cant really get bullied by 4 solos. They might outskill you. But if they do appear to coordinate well, thats down to skill, timing and good game sense. as opposed to 'hey everyone. hes doing this. come get him'. which requires zero skill.

2 player killer would be so much more fun.But they would need way more pallets. as killers would be eating them at doible the rate.

Yep, I agree in 100%.

Pallets and hooks would not be such a problem, because there are X pallet and hooks spots on each map, and only Y are active, so the devs could just make Y+Z if 2vs6 mode. And voila, we have a nice and fun mode for the whole family (well, maybe not whole, but you can play it with your brother anyway, and that is something).

And this way, solo mode would be based on skill, while SWF/KWF mode would be based on coordination and pure fun. I think that there should be 2 separate rankings as well, but that is a minor problem. Both modes could be tied to the same ranking system, I do not care.

• Michael_Myers
    Options

I honestly don't get why anyone wouldn't want a mode like this. Adds a whole new dimension to the game, which is honestly something that it needs. The only thing different from the current game mode is that it eliminates the huge advantage SWF has. The other option is to just remove a vast majority of pallets for groups that sign up for SWF, but the two killer game mode sounds way more fun for both sides.

• RSB
    Options

@Michael_Myers said:
    I honestly don't get why anyone wouldn't want a mode like this. Adds a whole new dimension to the game, which is honestly something that it needs. The only thing different from the current game mode is that it eliminates the huge advantage SWF has. The other option is to just remove a vast majority of pallets for groups that sign up for SWF, but the two killer game mode sounds way more fun for both sides.

The only people, that do not want this gamemode, are toxic SWF players who wants to have unfair advantage over the killer.

• Tursam
    Tursam Member Posts: 20
    Options

Another game mode like this could be helpful.

Personally I think an unranked option would be good. Only solo in ranked and SWF available in "normals".

• Angie
    Options

@RSB said:

@Angie said:

@RSB said:

This is my idea:

What are your thoughts?

Why should be it only in KYF? And why would it be overpowered? Now, SWF can use voice comms, which is totally unfair, so why can't killers have a chance, to play with their friends in a new mode?

2vs6 - Imagine 8 survivors storming gens, as there could be 6-8 survivors at one time at one gen! It would be too much. 9 gens, because now survivors need to repair 5 gens, half from te 5 is 2,5, and because there cannot be 8,5 gens - we need 9.

I think you are missing the big picture here. I touched upon you mentioning the new gen requirements. Nothing about voice coms or SWF being unfair. I agree there should be a SOLO feature so it's fair for everyone. Killers can ready up and not worry about cheese SWF. Since agreeing about that I felt no need to talk about it however your second claim/idea is all I talked about. There are only 7 gens in the entire game on every map you play on. If you made the requirement 9 gens, Dev's would have to add in 5 additional generators into the maps. They would be flooded with gens. The other solution to your 2v6 with 9 gens is just add in 2 gens for a perfect 9 instead of adding in 5 and having survivors do all 9, but that would also just open a gateway of what I initially stated, 1 killer camps the gen while the other chases survivors, and thus they rotate positions. This is why I proposed the 2v5 but with the same requirement of 5 gens for a KYF mode. KYF would be a much more fun and enjoyable atmosphere to play in since you have everything in the game to your disposal to make it fun, balanced, and interesting. Your mode you suggested was fun in theory but if you put it into perspective it is un-achievable. No way would Dev's be able to add in that many gens and make it balance. They would probably have to move around all the other spawns meaning killer spawn, player spawn, totem spawn, pallet spawn, etc. And I'm just confused as to where you are getting these numbers such as 8 survivors and 8 survivors storming gens??? but you initially suggested a 2 v 6. Only 4 survivors can be on a gen at a time at MAX. So where are you getting that 6-8 could at one gen?? Also I don't understand why you are splitting 5 gens and doing this math to justify doing 9 gens. If you are trying to add 5 gens + half of the gen requirement and rounding up to 9 to balance having 2 killers and 6 survs, your math is wrong. 5 + 2.5 is 7.5 and rounding that up is 8, which in that case is still too many gens. My point stands.

• RSB
    Options

@Tursam said:

Personally I think an unranked option would be good. Only solo in ranked and SWF available in "normals".

It really does not matter, if it would be ranked, or unranked (the only things that should be not touched are Bloodpoints lol). Even if it would be ranked - that would not be bad, as we could "rank" the players according to their skill, so 2 P3-50 killers would not end up with 6 new survivors. Yes yes, we all know how it is right now with the current ranking system, but I'm sure when they implement seasonal rewards, the percentage of players who are smurfing will drop, as they would be tryharding to get said rewards.

• Michael_Myers
    Options

Gotta love those groups lol. Loop forever, tea bag, and say " gg ez noob killer" after the game is over. Granted that's not all of the SWF groups... but just baffles me that those that do it are dead set on ruining the killers experience in the game. No reason to be so toxic.

• RSB
    Options

@Angie said:

@RSB said:

@Angie said:

@RSB said:

This is my idea:

What are your thoughts?

I think you are missing the big picture here. I touched upon you mentioning the new gen requirements. Nothing about voice coms or SWF being unfair. I agree there should be a SOLO feature so it's fair for everyone. Killers can ready up and not worry about cheese SWF. Since agreeing about that I felt no need to talk about it however your second claim/idea is all I talked about. There are only 7 gens in the entire game on every map you play on. If you made the requirement 9 gens, Dev's would have to add in 5 additional generators into the maps. They would be flooded with gens. The other solution to your 2v6 with 9 gens is just add in 2 gens for a perfect 9 instead of adding in 5 and having survivors do all 9, but that would also just open a gateway of what I initially stated, 1 killer camps the gen while the other chases survivors, and thus they rotate positions. This is why I proposed the 2v5 but with the same requirement of 5 gens for a KYF mode. KYF would be a much more fun and enjoyable atmosphere to play in since you have everything in the game to your disposal to make it fun, balanced, and interesting. Your mode you suggested was fun in theory but if you put it into perspective it is un-achievable. No way would Dev's be able to add in that many gens and make it balance. They would probably have to move around all the other spawns meaning killer spawn, player spawn, totem spawn, pallet spawn, etc. And I'm just confused as to where you are getting these numbers such as 8 survivors and 8 survivors storming gens??? but you initially suggested a 2 v 6. Only 4 survivors can be on a gen at a time at MAX. So where are you getting that 6-8 could at one gen?? Also I don't understand why you are splitting 5 gens and doing this math to justify doing 9 gens. If you are trying to add 5 gens + half of the gen requirement and rounding up to 9 to balance having 2 killers and 6 survs, your math is wrong. 5 + 2.5 is 7.5 and rounding that up is 8, which in that case is still too many gens. My point stands.

Nothing about SWF or voice coms being unfair? Okay, I will not argue, as I know I will not persuade you to my view.

The problem is that not everyone have 7 people to play on KYF, and on KYF players would not earn BP's, which to be honest, are the only point of playing this game for many people. Farm, grind and buy new stuff.

The placement of gens - look how some maps are big, new placements for gens would not be hard to do, as well as placements of spawns for killers, survivors and other things. Also making some maps bigger would not be such a problem too, in the past devs managed to change the sizes of the maps.

As to the 8 survs, pardon, I'm tired and I thought you have mentioned something about 8 survivors. The same as for my "math", as you named it.

• Angie
    Options

@RSB said:

@Angie said:

@RSB said:

@Angie said:

@RSB said:

This is my idea:

What are your thoughts?

Nothing about SWF or voice coms being unfair? Okay, I will not argue, as I know I will not persuade you to my view.

The problem is that not everyone have 7 people to play on KYF, and on KYF players would not earn BP's, which to be honest, are the only point of playing this game for many people. Farm, grind and buy new stuff.

The placement of gens - look how some maps are big, new placements for gens would not be hard to do, as well as placements of spawns for killers, survivors and other things. Also making some maps bigger would not be such a problem too, in the past devs managed to change the sizes of the maps.

As to the 8 survs, pardon, I'm tired and I thought you have mentioned something about 8 survivors. The same as for my "math", as you named it.

You don't need to persuade me about SWF or voice coms?? I already agreed that they are unfair. Which is why I said, I felt no need to comment about it in my original post. Which is also why I stated it would be nice for a Solo que or killers, to only match with other Solo queing survivors. And the reason for stating it to be an KYF only mode is because just for the overall enjoyment of the mode. I don't think it's a stable or solid enough mode/idea to make it it's own separate thing outside of Solo que, SWF, or KYF. Gen placments, it COULD work on maps like Asylum or Farm but if you really look at a maps layout it isn't easy to squeeze in and work around 5 MORE gens. Even if they would make maps "bigger" to fit them, I don't think its a practical solution that they would be willing to do for such a mode which is why I suggested and tweaked the version I stated previously. And if you're tired, go to bed hun. No hard feelings here. Just wanting to clarify and get clarifications. :)

• RSB
    Options

@Angie said:

@RSB said:

@Angie said:

@RSB said:

@Angie said:

@RSB said:

This is my idea:

What are your thoughts?

You don't need to persuade me about SWF or voice coms?? I already agreed that they are unfair. Which is why I said, I felt no need to comment about it in my original post. Which is also why I stated it would be nice for a Solo que or killers, to only match with other Solo queing survivors. And the reason for stating it to be an KYF only mode is because just for the overall enjoyment of the mode. I don't think it's a stable or solid enough mode/idea to make it it's own separate thing outside of Solo que, SWF, or KYF. Gen placments, it COULD work on maps like Asylum or Farm but if you really look at a maps layout it isn't easy to squeeze in and work around 5 MORE gens. Even if they would make maps "bigger" to fit them, I don't think its a practical solution that they would be willing to do for such a mode which is why I suggested and tweaked the version I stated previously. And if you're tired, go to bed hun. No hard feelings here. Just wanting to clarify and get clarifications. :)

The thing is - it is possible, even not hard, Devs just need to WANT to implement it. It would only need to maybe make some maps bigger and add more spawning points, that's all. If it were on KYF it would not change anything, because:

1) If it would be still possible to play SWF in normal lobbies, it would not solve anything

2) If you would move the SWF to KYF, and ONLY to KYF, survivors would outrage and stop playing this game, which would literally be a doom for it and it would quickly die.

Also why killers can't play with their friends against other teams in other, non-KYF modes? This is the only, and fair solution to the SWF problem, as it would not be deleted, or moved into KYF mode (and to be honest - who would search for 8 players just to play KYF? Not everybody has 7 friends playing DBD).

• Angie
    Options

@RSB said:

@Angie said:

@RSB said:

@Angie said:

@RSB said:

@Angie said:

@RSB said:

This is my idea:

What are your thoughts?

The thing is - it is possible, even not hard, Devs just need to WANT to implement it. It would only need to maybe make some maps bigger and add more spawning points, that's all. If it were on KYF it would not change anything, because:

1) If it would be still possible to play SWF in normal lobbies, it would not solve anything

2) If you would move the SWF to KYF, and ONLY to KYF, survivors would outrage and stop playing this game, which would literally be a doom for it and it would quickly die.

Also why killers can't play with their friends against other teams in other, non-KYF modes? This is the only, and fair solution to the SWF problem, as it would not be deleted, or moved into KYF mode (and to be honest - who would search for 8 players just to play KYF? Not everybody has 7 friends playing DBD).

Who said anything about deleting or moving SWF into KYF only?????
    I only suggested that there be a Solo Que lobby where you'd only be matched with OTHER solo que players.
    If you wanna be matched with SWF go ahead and que normally. but if you want a chill non toxic game, make a solo que only section for killers and survivors.

And you say it's "not hard" but in reality it kind of is hard on devs to work around such numbers for implementing it. It would take a lot of time and effort away from other very important things that they have planned on the roadmap. Reworking a map and making that map specific just for that mode alone, you'd have to do that for EVERY map and on every map rework EVERY spawn. It is a big project to do and isn't minimal at all.

With the new forums honestly, making friends and finding 7 people to que for this idea of a mode would be easy and a great way to socialize.

• Milloni161
    Milloni161 Member Posts: 34
    Options

lol hag and trapper duo will make you paranoid to look in the ground or shape and the pig :P

• RSB
    Options

@Milloni161 said:
    lol hag and trapper duo will make you paranoid to look in the ground or shape and the pig :P

Yes, this mode could have such potential for fun, it is unbelieveable.

• RSB
    Options

@SaltyKiller said:
    Best possible and most fair solution: Killer receives a buff per number of SWF players that join a lobby.

So how about something like NOED? If 2 SWF people join a lobby, the Killer is now 2 or 3% faster. 3 SWF people join then the Killer is now 4 or 5% faster. 4 man SWF and the Killer is now 6 or 7 or even 8% faster.

I feel like an 8% speed boost against a 4 man SWF squad is pretty fair considering just how stupidly OP a 4 man squad can be.

It would do nothing. The killer still will be put in the disadvantage of playing against 4 coordinated players, he will still be pallet looped, tbagged and flashed to death. Little speed boost would do nothing. The only possible solution is to make 2 modes, one for SWF and other for solo.

• RSB
    edited May 2018
    Options

@SaltyKiller said:

@RSB said:

It would do nothing. The killer still will be put in the disadvantage of playing against 4 coordinated players, he will still be pallet looped, tbagged and flashed to death. Little speed boost would do nothing. The only possible solution is to make 2 modes, one for SWF and other for solo.

I've played against loopers with NOED at level 3. Trust me, that 4% makes a very significant difference.

It made a significant difference, because you could 1-hit them. The Wraith, while cloaked, has 126% of speed (While average killer has 115%), and it does almost nothing. 4-8% speed boost is nothing compared with coordination of SWF.

PS. Funny how you voted down my comment, just hilarious. Do not worry, I will not do the same to you.

• RSB
    edited May 2018
    Options

@SaltyKiller said:

@RSB said:

. The Wraith, while cloaked, has 126% of speed (While average killer has 115%), and it does almost nothing. 4-8% speed boost is nothing compared with coordination of SWF.

Because the Wraith has a long decloak time you insufferable moron.

Hm, have you played him with the best addons and tinkerer? Also calling me a "moron" instantly disqualify you from the discussion, thank you.

Also voting down my all comments, even not on this thread will not build your arguments, dear user.

• RSB
    Options

@SaltyKiller said:

@RSB said:

Hm, have you played him with the best addons and tinkerer? Also calling me a "moron" instantly disqualify you from the discussion, thank you.

That's because the speed boost goes away after you decloak. So, you equip a sprint burst add-on and another add-on that reduces the decloak time, that allows you to catch right back up to them until they get to a pallet or window vault. And he can't catch them at that point because, again, he doesn't maintain the same speed when he's uncloaked. I don't see this as being incredibly difficult to understand sir.

If you still cannot catch someone looping with a 2-8% speed boost that doesn't go away for the entire match then you are doing something horribly wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD4q3leE5Uw

As I said, I'm done with "discussing" with you, as you are clearly a kid incapable of discussing. Spamming "vote down" and insulting is not the way to talk with someone.

And it is clear, that you haven't ever played Wraith with said addons and perk, because you would know, that he can run to his victim, and almost instantly decloak, being still ~1,5m behind it. You won't fix the SWF problem with silly speed boost, as you won't nerf Saboteur, that you tried to do in your thread.

You will still be against a COORDINATED team

You will still be BM'D TO HELL AND BACK

You will still be PALLET LOOPED

Is it that hard to understand?

• hMM
    hMM Member Posts: 121
    Options

I don't think having 2 killers is a good idea. It doesn't really fit into the theme of this game. After all, this is a horror game, not a tag game.

• RSB
    Options

@hMM said:
    I don't think having 2 killers is a good idea. It doesn't really fit into the theme of this game. After all, this is a horror game, not a tag game.

Tell it to those SWF teams, that are running around the killer flashing, and tbagging him.
    That's why we need solo mode, which would be more scary, and second SWF mode.

• hMM
    hMM Member Posts: 121
    Options

@RSB said:

@hMM said:

Tell it to those SWF teams, that are running around the killer flashing, and tbagging him.

Of course SWF is a problem, but in my opinion, keeping the theme of this game is more important.

• RSB
    Options

@hMM said:

@RSB said:

@hMM said:

Of course SWF is a problem, but in my opinion, keeping the theme of this game is more important.

In my opinion theme would not change. There would still be survivors, generators and killers. This game needs more modes, anyway, and if we can get rid of one problem thanks to it, that it's better.

• Tursam
    Tursam Member Posts: 20
    Options

@RSB said:

@Tursam said:

It really does not matter, if it would be ranked, or unranked (the only things that should be not touched are Bloodpoints lol). Even if it would be ranked - that would not be bad, as we could "rank" the players according to their skill, so 2 P3-50 killers would not end up with 6 new survivors. Yes yes, we all know how it is right now with the current ranking system, but I'm sure when they implement seasonal rewards, the percentage of players who are smurfing will drop, as they would be tryharding to get said rewards.

That is also true. But I think for that to really work there would need to be a bigger playerbase.

• RSB
    Options

@Tursam said:

@RSB said:

@Tursam said:

That is also true. But I think for that to really work there would need to be a bigger playerbase.

Well, yes, it depends on the playerbase. But look - how many survivors are playing in SWF? If I remember correctly, it was around 60-70%. And how many of them would play solo survivor, if there would be 2 modes? Very few of them.

So we could have 2 modes - each of them full of players, because there will be ALWAYS many SWF survivors, many solo survivors (and thanks to it we could balance this game), and many solo, or duo killers.

• JakeMain
    JakeMain Member Posts: 5
    Options

Would be awesome, sadly it will never happen.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@RSB said:

This is my idea:

What are your thoughts?

Except one thing people always forget in the 2v6 or 2v8 gamemode ideas, is the killers ability to snowball. Just like gens, survivors would have to be added, not just doubled for fairness. With 2 killers, someone could just be billy and patrol gens, while someone chases; and GG

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@RSB said:

This is my idea:

What are your thoughts?

Except one thing people always forget in the 2v6 or 2v8 gamemode ideas, is the killers ability to snowball. Just like gens, survivors would have to be added, not just doubled for fairness. With 2 killers, someone could just be billy and patrol gens, while someone chases; and GG

Those SWF is overpowered, and as a solo survivor, and doc main, I can tell you something does need to be done, not big, but something.

• RSB
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@RSB said:

This is my idea:

What are your thoughts?

Those SWF is overpowered, and as a solo survivor, and doc main, I can tell you something does need to be done, not big, but something.

What do you think about?

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742
    Options

@RSB said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@RSB said:

This is my idea:

What are your thoughts?

What do you think about?

SWF needs some kind of penalty honestly

• RSB
    Options

@sorrowen said:

@RSB said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@RSB said:

This is my idea:

What are your thoughts?

What do you think about?

SWF needs some kind of penalty honestly

If you do this, they will outrage and stop playing this game, this is not the solution, because devs will lose their money, and therefeore we will lose updates for this game.

Look, I do not think, that penalizing them is wrong, because it is right, but on the long distance, it would hurt the game too much. Survivors are just used to play SWF at this state, that's why we can't nerf SWF, but move it to the other mode, where killers could play win KWF (or other random killer).

• Folkin
    Folkin Member Posts: 16
    Options

I only see one problem with this.
    As the developers said many times they don't want to split the community.
    I think if they would make this a thing the splitting part will happen.
    Not to say it is a bad idea just my thought.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742
    Options

Its a complicated issue.

• RSB
    Options

@Folkin said:
    I only see one problem with this.
    As the developers said many times they don't want to split the community.
    I think if they would make this a thing the splitting part will happen.
    Not to say it is a bad idea just my thought.

We can call it "balancing", not "splitting". Imagine how easier would it be to balance the game, where you have only solo players, and only teamed players? How much fair would it be for killers to know, that they do not need to play against 4 coordinated survivors?

• olibob06
    olibob06 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    RSB said:

@Michael_Myers said:

Yep, having this mode would instantly balance this game into the right direction and add a mode which was long wanted by the community. As for the Freddy, probably the other killer would not see him, nor be in the dreaming state.

Maybe Freddy could not appear to the other killer, maybe they can just see the outline like what survivors get while in the dream state.