Slugging for the 4k is Unhealthy

Options
124»

Comments

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

I have literally always hate this argument because it reeks of entitlement.

Even as a solo survival or someone playing The Lone Wolf play Style you're still in a 1 v 4 game your success is dictated based on your teammates whether you work with them or not.

A lot of people are very quick to devalue or disown teammates who they consider bad but if a team carries you I have never seen a survivor say well I technically don't deserve the win so killer kill me.

So if a team carries then you're allowed to take that Victory but if you get let down by potatoes you shouldn't be punished for that

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,373
    Options

Have a million upvotes (sadly i can do only one but preach)

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

On top of that the hatch often literally spawns next to the last survivor. Had this happen a million times now. I remember one particular game where I won at 5 gens at Lery's and the 4th survivor was slugged. Just before picking the last survivor up the hatch spawned EXACTLY next to them while I was standing there waiting for it to happen. I was standing there literally expecting it to "randomly" spawn there.

I'm 100% sure hatch spawns are NOT random at this point. It ALWAYS spawns either:

- next to the last survivor

- next to the killer

- OR near the hook of a previously killed survivor

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,038
    Options

I slug as well, but not to the point I care if u get hatch or not. Mostly I check the immediate area and then hook you if I didnt find ya.

• TTVSwordbro_Streams
    Options

Holding the game hostage? Sure, the game is getting longer but that's just not correct. Besides, keeping someone down to apply pressure to the last one to either help them or try and wait it out is fine. It takes a while but sometimes you gotta make tough choices. Most people from my slug games go for the save and do their best with it.

And it's not against the rules to slug like that so don't call it holding the game hostage.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited November 2019
    Options

They said: “whoever gets to the hatch first wins”

Killers: “Must slug for the 4K”

Yep, whoever gets there first, yet hatch spawns literally next to the hooked survivor and killers slugs to not have to deal with last survivor getting “lucky”. 🙄

But keys are broken and hatch stand offs were bad... now but we just have slug offs.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Since the introduction of the EGC, there's no longer any form of prerequisite for the hatch which means both good and bad performances result in slugging.

If the killer is doing well but the survivors are too, when the killer has killed 2 people and downed another, the obvious desire is to slug that person to secure the last kill so that you don't lose your great game to an RNG mechanic.

When you absolutely stomp survivors and they don't get more than 1 or so gens done, it's still desirable. "Survivors did ######### all, why do they deserve an escape?" You absolutely crushed so the idea that a survivor just gets to escape because RNG places it under their feet is garbage. At least with 3 or more gens done you have the chance to locate the hatch as killer and play around it, but with less it's complete chance whether you get to kill them or they get a "win" for losing.

If anything, I believe they should reimplement the old rules where the hatch won't exist if enough gens aren't done, but instead when the second to last survivor dies, EGC starts and the gates are powered with no hatch.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Old hatch standoff was legitimately two people being too stubborn to just let the other one win.

There was no party more at fault when it came to old hatch stand off. Both sides feel like they are entitled to winning the Hatch stand off so none of them gave up.

In my opinion keys and slugging for a 4K are perfectly fine if you have a key and you want to use it to escape that's your choice You don't do it with personally spite the killer you do it because it's a safer option than doing the gens.

Same thing with slugging you don't do it to personally spite the survivor you do it because it's a safer option than risking them getting the hatch or opening a gate

• Knots
    Knots Member Posts: 49
    Options

Ok, survivor.

• Shorty_Hutch
    Shorty_Hutch Member Posts: 22
    Options

I think the hatch should spawn in when the second last survivor dies. That way your hatch hunt begins and you can't let them die because you are sitting on the hatch. Happens so often to me where I'm.hooked for the very first time and am hanging there for the full red bar watching the other survivors aura staying in one place, making zero attempt to heal or help me. I hate the Endgame Collapse too... Can be very unfair for both parties in different scenarios.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

If you don't slug for the 4k you are punished by the emblem system and can possibly even de-pip or safety in a game. Also a promonent reason that a killer is going for the slug/4k is due to the fact that hatch exist. If a survivor gets a free escape from a hatch after a game the killer possibly worked their butt off to play how is that any less frustrating?

Believe me as a killer player I would rather not have to slug for the 4k either but if I want to get high ranks the emblem system and the hatch mechanics demand that I do.

• shadesofjoe
    shadesofjoe Member Posts: 19
    Options

If you want to end slugging you should be advocating for a more fair emblem system for killers. Back when BHVR made the most recent emblem changes, all of the survivors complained about how hard it was to pip so the developers lowered the threshold. But they didn't do the same for killers. Once you hit the red ranks, it can be difficult to pip as a killer unless you slug for the 4k.

Nobody likes it. Obviously when I'm playing survivor it's not fun to get slugged, but even when I'm playing killer it always feels like a chore to have to slug. I'd rather not get punished with a black pip because one survivor found the hatch, though. So if I want to rank up, this is what I have to do. At this point, it's on the developers for creating an emblem system that forces killers into this box, IMO.

• MightyDwight
    MightyDwight Member Posts: 156
    Options

Honestly, I find ranking to be a bad excuse. I could be wrong.

I am a Killer main and I slug because my whole point is to make the match hard for Survivors. I also understand that, while it does suck for the slugged person, it's not directed at THEM.

Instead, slugging is meant to be a tactic so I can get the fourth person. I mean, in 99% of my matches, the 4th person has found the hatch and is camping it and won't save the 3rd person.

And, it's not my goal to just let #4 escape, so I slug and try to find them. If I have 0 idea where the hatch is, or if I steamrolled, I'll sometimes just hook #3. Or heck, in a steamroll, I will often have #4 in my arms, so I'll drop them at the hatch.

But usually, I slug because my goal is to get as many kills as possible for the match. And I'm not toxic, unhealthy, spiteful, or bad for doing so. Not unless you can apply those words to a Survivor doing generators.

It's just each side playing their goals to the best of their abilities.