The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The 360 technique seems a bug abuse of the hit box

Comments

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@BACKSTABBER said:
    Dont you guys agree? I think that is a clear bug and so ridiculous, just try in real life to move like that lol

I don't know if you have ever lived in a place where your daily commute is full of people and traffic but I can tell you with 100% certainty that I sure as hell "move like that" to avoid getting hit.

• teamworkwins
    teamworkwins Member Posts: 3

If you are on PC and can't hit a 360 than you are a baby killer. Eventually you will laugh when you discover how easy it is to hit a 360.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@pogo688 said:

@purebalance said:

@Brady said:
    No

in real life you can dodge hits too... think about it a little harder and also understand game mechanics more..

In real life if a child rushes in my direction while I'm swinging at them since survivors are like children compared to the killer, the child is still getting stabbed. 360 shouldn't work. It's an exploit.

well i disagree why focus on real life when we are playing a game that is unrealistic doesn't have to be realistic you shouldn't go refer to real life and start comparing things with a "game" which is supposed to be different from real life (this game is made up not supposed to be based of off real life) keep in mind that also the 360 is not a bug its a way of dodging the killer it is only fair because killers recently received a lot of changes which play to their advantage whereas survivors got a 'NERF" including the definition of balance is to keep both sides stable and equal (balance each other out) not one sided.

There's next to nothing supernatural about survivors hence you can relate them to real life. Any of the speed talents are things that a normal person can do. About the only supernatural talents they have is aura reading. So we definitely can apply real physics to the game.

• purebalance

@teamworkwins said:
    If you are on PC and can't hit a 360 than you are a baby killer. Eventually you will laugh when you discover how easy it is to hit a 360.

@teamworkwins said:

PC is a lot different since you have MUCH more control with a mouse than the control for console.

You 360 me I camp you. Plain and simple.

• purebalance

@MegaWaffle said:

@BACKSTABBER said:
    Dont you guys agree? I think that is a clear bug and so ridiculous, just try in real life to move like that lol

I don't know if you have ever lived in a place where your daily commute is full of people and traffic but I can tell you with 100% certainty that I sure as hell "move like that" to avoid getting hit.

You move towards a person trying to hit you? Doubtful. Also you seem to imply that people are trying to hit you in a commute.

• purebalance

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:
    They destroy the frame rate of killers, some more than others, and some maps are worse than others. Doctor has frame rate issues already. Throw on 360 using survivors and good freaking luck. 

And then they wonder why you tunnel them out of the match lol.

They destroy the frame rate of killers, some more than others, and some maps are worse than others. Doctor has frame rate issues already. Throw on 360 using survivors and good freaking luck. 

360 players are one of the few exceptions I think camping is warranted. You want to abuse gameplay mechanics? Ok so will I. Same thing with teabaggers.

• purebalance

@Watery said:
    It’s really not. 360’s are jukes. It’s not even a reportable offense, and it’s most likely your fault that you can’t hit them. Have you seen what it’s like to get through a pallet or window? Probably not, considering this was entirely killer based.
    Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

They definitely are NOT jukes. A juke is moving in a different direction than they anticipate. This is hit box abuse not a juke.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

@SIX said:
    Don't know if i should take this thread seriously

I'll raise your "seriously" with another "seriously".

• purebalance

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    Well on pc it's perfectly counterable, on console though it really sucks because they basically have a free dead hard. Can't wait for the console optimization

Unlimited free non exhaustion dead hard.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

@purebalance said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    Well on pc it's perfectly counterable, on console though it really sucks because they basically have a free dead hard. Can't wait for the console optimization

Unlimited free non exhaustion dead hard.

clicked awasome on ya

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677

The 360 move is really abusive and should be changed. It shouldn't be possible to do a 360 turn as fast as you currently can, which is currently near instant. There should be limitation in place - I think turning speed acceleration would help in this regard, so one can't just turn 180 degrees, and certainly not 360 degrees near instantaneously.

• nssBoB
    nssBoB Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2018

@SurpriseSurprise said:
    It's the closest thing a survivor will get to dodge/dip/duck/dive/dodge

if you can dodge a car you can dodge a killer hit? xD

on topic though gaming and especially PvO gaming is full of bug and minor exploits that end up regular mechanics. What is and what is not intended is irrelevant. What is relevant is what is accessible in the game we play and as long as it is not deemed bannable exploit (of which to my knowledge the only widespread thing was DHing on top of things that are not supposed to be accessible). Just play the game and wait for devs to sort out the stuff they do not want in it.

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677

@nssBoB said:
    on topic though gaming and especially PvO gaming is full of bug and minor exploits that end up regular mechanics. What is and what is not intended is irrelevant. What is relevant is what is accessible in the game we play and as long as it is not deemed bannable exploit (of which to my knowledge the only widespread thing was DHing on top of things that are not supposed to be accessible). Just play the game and wait for devs to sort out the stuff they do not want in it.

Thats why we're providing the devs feedback through the community, because it is things like this that should absolutely be dealth with and fixed, rather than end up as a regular mechanic just because people ignored it even when they felt it was actually a problem....and it's not just a minor few people who feel it's a problem, it's actually quite many.

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

@BACKSTABBER @purebalance

You guys must be really good at the game!

/s

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

@only1biggs said:
    @BACKSTABBER @purebalance

You guys must be really good at the game!

/s

• lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611

@Watery said:
    It’s really not. 360’s are jukes. It’s not even a reportable offense, and it’s most likely your fault that you can’t hit them. Have you seen what it’s like to get through a pallet or window? Probably not, considering this was entirely killer based.

They definitely are NOT jukes. A juke is moving in a different direction than they anticipate. This is hit box abuse not a juke.

If you can’t hit someone right there you just suck there is no other excuses for making a 360 cry thread , I guess everything else to cry about has been taken away so we have to grip on to this and go with it 
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:
    Basically yes.
    Just like gentapping is an abuse technically but both are "acknowledged" by the devs

How is the movement of the character an abuse to mechanics? I don't see how there is reason to that point..

Because the survivor moves faster than he actually should.
    Also the hitbox doesnt align properly with the character model, especially huntress suffers from that when she is trying to melee throw a 360ing guy.

How is non-movement of the character an abuse btw? :wink:

I'd actually would like to see proof that the speed of a Survivor surpasses the limit of ** 100%MS** when performing a 360. (Moving your camera one way while moving your character the other in a 360 degree circle)

Could you provide proof that or are you just making that first part up?

You might be right about the hitboxes not lining up... but I mean, I found if you just swing (not lunge) you're most likely to hit them as they do align up the hitboxes at some point. if we're talking about broken hitboxes, what's with those active hitboxes aren't pallet stuns and window vaults? Off topic, but still relevant.

Huntress hitboxes are already broken, so it's irrelevant to the current data. Why hatchet a melee-ranged 360ing guy?

I mean 360 hitboxes aren't broken like The Billy's chainsaw to a Sprint Bursting Survivor yet it's being perceived that you're implying they are. Maybe explain a little for me to understand better?

Take one of those "360 tutorial" youtube videos and a video of a sprinting survivor next to each other.
    Run both in slow motion and observe how the 360ing survivors moves faster on your screen than the sprinting one

.... you're kidding right

Nope im dead serious

"Please use your own judgement and observation to determine such" is NOT proof. What meets the eye can seem entirely different. The fact that you're dead serious makes entirely what you said unreliable.

Discussion over from my end.

That why I said, run it in slow motion

What kind of proof do you want? Guess we will have to wait until we get a police killer with a speedometer then :lol:

It’s literally impossible. In the code it locks sprint speed to 100% unless a modifier present. (Like sprint burst). It just seems faster because being able to 360 breaks the laws of physics, so it doesn’t look normal. You’re comparing it to real life

• BACKSTABBER

okkkkk so I will start trolling killers with my improved bug-user skills on

"unlimited free non-exhaustion dead hard" (aka UFNEDH, aka 360)

/s

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

This thread is ez Reddit karma to be honest.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    edited October 2018

@Brady said:
    No

in real life you can dodge hits too... think about it a little harder and also understand game mechanics more..

Yea its easy. Just turn your head to the right or left and run in the opposite direction its easy. Done it once or twice my self.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited October 2018

@Global said:

@Brady said:
    No

Yea its easy. Just turn your head to the right or left and run in the opposite direction its easy. Done it once or twice my self.

man me and my hamster were doing 360s too ez

• Toecutter
    Toecutter Member Posts: 56

survivors need to stop whining when they get killed and killers should learn how to play properly and stop whining when they get stomped by the toxic survivors! Simple as that and i enjoy both sides of the game as it is, Only thing i hate is disconnecting survs

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    edited October 2018

@Watery said:

This is not hitbox abuse, oh my gosh. You want to see the auto aim you guys get? This is one of the few ways we can actually defend ourselves. So unless you actually wanna the time to learn how to hit us, it seems entirely unjust to just say they’re hitbox abuse. If it was hitbox abuse, and they’ve existed FOR SO LONG, the devs would’ve done something about it. Even PROS do this. It’s really not hit box abuse.
    If you stand still and actually try to hit them, and you most likely will. Deal with it. Even at higher ranks they deal with them, and they’re easy at seeing them! Movement IS NOT HITBOX ABUSE. 
    Because, like I said. If it was hitbox abuse- the devs would’ve done something. And since they’ve been here for so long, I doubt they will just be nerfed like THAT. Learn to hit them. It’s a bit hard, but it is certainly not hitbox abuse. If you go to the forums complaining about it, try thinking about it this way. Survivors can’t run from you forever, if you can actually hit them. It’s a YOU problem, not us.
    It’s thoroughly disingenuous if you just to say that it’s hitbox abuse. You can HIT a survivor doing 360’s. If you can’t keep track of them, that’s not on us. Stop whining.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@Brady said:

@Master said:
    Basically yes.
    Just like gentapping is an abuse technically but both are "acknowledged" by the devs

How is the movement of the character an abuse to mechanics? I don't see how there is reason to that point..

Not saying 360 movement is an abuse, but here is an example for movement abuse. Remember when clown could walk at around 140% movement speed while reloading tonic bottles? It wasn't a bug, the devs just didn't calculate for it being possible,/didn't think it through.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:
    Basically yes.

Because the survivor moves faster than he actually should.
    Also the hitbox doesnt align properly with the character model, especially huntress suffers from that when she is trying to melee throw a 360ing guy.

How is non-movement of the character an abuse btw? :wink:

I'd actually would like to see proof that the speed of a Survivor surpasses the limit of ** 100%MS** when performing a 360. (Moving your camera one way while moving your character the other in a 360 degree circle)

Could you provide proof that or are you just making that first part up?

You might be right about the hitboxes not lining up... but I mean, I found if you just swing (not lunge) you're most likely to hit them as they do align up the hitboxes at some point. if we're talking about broken hitboxes, what's with those active hitboxes aren't pallet stuns and window vaults? Off topic, but still relevant.

Huntress hitboxes are already broken, so it's irrelevant to the current data. Why hatchet a melee-ranged 360ing guy?

I mean 360 hitboxes aren't broken like The Billy's chainsaw to a Sprint Bursting Survivor yet it's being perceived that you're implying they are. Maybe explain a little for me to understand better?

Take one of those "360 tutorial" youtube videos and a video of a sprinting survivor next to each other.
    Run both in slow motion and observe how the 360ing survivors moves faster on your screen than the sprinting one

.... you're kidding right

Nope im dead serious

"Please use your own judgement and observation to determine such" is NOT proof. What meets the eye can seem entirely different. The fact that you're dead serious makes entirely what you said unreliable.

Discussion over from my end.

That why I said, run it in slow motion

What kind of proof do you want? Guess we will have to wait until we get a police killer with a speedometer then :lol:

It’s literally impossible. In the code it locks sprint speed to 100% unless a modifier present. (Like sprint burst). It just seems faster because being able to 360 breaks the laws of physics, so it doesn’t look normal. You’re comparing it to real life

The code has a maximum sprinting speed.

The problem however is that in DBD if you turn, you dont turn on a point, you somehow slide on a point. This is why you are actually able to cover distance doing 360s, otherwise it would be completely pointless because the killer would just see you standing at a point turning and the actual juke wouldnt be possible.

Did you do what I asked you for? Check the insane speed of a 360 in slow motion and compare it to simple runing.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@HellDescent said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:
    Basically yes.

Not saying 360 movement is an abuse, but here is an example for movement abuse. Remember when clown could walk at around 140% movement speed while reloading tonic bottles? It wasn't a bug, the devs just didn't calculate for it being possible,/didn't think it through.

Perfect example, thanks

• F5arTheB5ard
    F5arTheB5ard Member Posts: 118

When is that supposed to happen?
  • SolidestBaker35
    SolidestBaker35 Member Posts: 15

@teamworkwins said:

@teamworkwins said:

PC is a lot different since you have MUCH more control with a mouse than the control for console.

You 360 me I camp you. Plain and simple.

JESUS CHRIST BOY YOU REALLY GONNA CAMP THEM
  • SolidestBaker35
    SolidestBaker35 Member Posts: 15

@Watery said:

BOI IF YOU DONT THEY ARE JOKES
  • BACKSTABBER

@Global said:

@Brady said:
    No

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

@Brady said:

@Global said:

@Brady said:
    No

man me and my hamster were doing 360s too ez

plz nurf

• purebalance

@lyric said:
    purebalance said:

@Watery said:

If you can’t hit someone right there you just suck there is no other excuses for making a 360 cry thread , I guess everything else to cry about has been taken away so we have to grip on to this and go with it 

No you're abusing broken mechanics aka exploits. You're the one that sucks having to exploit bad mechanics. Don't cry when you get camped if you use this "fine method" because I guess you were bad and deserve to get camped at that point.

• purebalance

@Peanits said:
    It's not an exploit. Their hitbox is no smaller when doing a 360 than when they're just standing there or running in a straight line. Hitboxes don't change size because of movement. You're just missing your swing because they moved.

If someone is 360ing you, stop lunging. Lunging at them makes it easier for them to do. Just walk up to them and do a regular attack and there's significantly less delay, and that'll make it a lot easier to hit.

It's not abusing theirs it's abusing the killers. Definitely an exploit. Killer should just get a 360 swing.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    edited October 2018

@Peanits said:
    It's not an exploit. Their hitbox is no smaller when doing a 360 than when they're just standing there or running in a straight line. Hitboxes don't change size because of movement. You're just missing your swing because they moved.

If someone is 360ing you, stop lunging. Lunging at them makes it easier for them to do. Just walk up to them and do a regular attack and there's significantly less delay, and that'll make it a lot easier to hit.

It's not abusing theirs it's abusing the killers. Definitely an exploit. Killer should just get a 360 swing.

The only way they're abusing the killer's hitbox is by moving (in the sense that the killer can't aim). Again, the hitbox does not change because someone's moving.

I really don't think killers need a 360 swing. That just removes the need to aim your attacks. If you're having trouble with 360s, I would suggest using a regular attack rather than a lunge.
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

actually, and i know you survivors dont like to hear that, it is a bug.
    that said, it is, similar to gen tapping, acknowledged by the devs who then decided to keep it in the game.

personally i dont have a problem with that mechanic, since you can counter it as a killer, you just need some skill to pull that off.
    just turn in the direction they are going and you'll hit them. at least thats how i am doing it, i guess there is different ways.

btw, the killer side has these "bugs" too, e.g. the killers ability to block the basement stairs with his body. same thing there.

• lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611

@lyric said:
    purebalance said:

@Watery said:

No you're abusing broken mechanics aka exploits. You're the one that sucks having to exploit bad mechanics. Don't cry when you get camped if you use this "fine method" because I guess you were bad and deserve to get camped at that point.

That’s why mods agree with the fact it’s not broken and Devs haven’t taken it out, it’s totally fine this is a stupid discussion that only a noob would complain about, I suck apparently  but you’re crying about not being able to hit a survivor right in front of you there are plenty of ways to counter it and I play killer to the high ranks also I’m not the best but I definitely know my ######### on both sides 
  • Watery

@lyric said:
    purebalance said:

@Watery said:

Well, you see... I’m not bad if I do 360’s. It’s your fault you can’t hit them! It’s very easy, you just have to learn. Don’t go pointing fingers without valid evidence, and maybe, if you understood what lunge range and stuff like that is, you’d have an easier time. It’s not my fault that you can’t hit me. It’s yours.

• BACKSTABBER

It seems just after the creation of this thread tons of survs are learning how to 360 and doing in every single fukin match! (ranked around 10) ######### plz fix

• Watery
    Mister_xD said:

actually, and i know you survivors dont like to hear that, it is a bug.
    that said, it is, similar to gen tapping, acknowledged by the devs who then decided to keep it in the game.

personally i dont have a problem with that mechanic, since you can counter it as a killer, you just need some skill to pull that off.
    just turn in the direction they are going and you'll hit them. at least thats how i am doing it, i guess there is different ways.

btw, the killer side has these "bugs" too, e.g. the killers ability to block the basement stairs with his body. same thing there.

That was my point. If it’s been here for SO long, it’s probably here to stay.
  • Vecors
    Vecors Member Posts: 67
    edited October 2018

@Brady said:
    No

In real life, you lunge whenever you want to; not like you cant lunge cause out of a sudden "someone in front of you is running circles".
    People in this thread dont understand that you cant land the hit cause of a bug. I had the same opinion as a pc player - a friend of mine plays on xbox and since i tested it myself, i totally understand what the people here are talking about.

• ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115

360 players are one of the few exceptions I think camping is warranted. You want to abuse gameplay mechanics? Ok so will I. Same thing with teabaggers.

Imagine camping someone for turning
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    I get the idea of this thread but its not the avoidance of hits through 360s thats the issue but the actual hit registration mechanic. Especially annoying when it auto locks then misses and a fair point was made in original post. 
  • ekto
    ekto Member Posts: 103

2017: we just want underpowered killers to be buffed.
    late 2018: dodging killer hits is an exploit and needs to be removed at once

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@marth88gaming Perhaps you can explain this to the people that just refuse to accept that they need to adjust their gameplay instead of blaming it on a survivor outplaying them.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

Again, I have to differentiate between platforms... because on PC, this is not an issue with m/k. If it is one, you need to get better.

• purebalance

@Watery said:
    purebalance said:

@lyric said:

purebalance said:

@Watery said:

They definitely are NOT jukes.  A juke is moving in a different direction than they anticipate.  This is hit box abuse not a juke.

Well, you see... I’m not bad if I do 360’s. It’s your fault you can’t hit them! It’s very easy, you just have to learn. Don’t go pointing fingers without valid evidence, and maybe, if you understood what lunge range and stuff like that is, you’d have an easier time. It’s not my fault that you can’t hit me. It’s yours.

Yes you are bad because you're acknowledging that you're abusing something that is broken. Whether they accepted it or not it's a sign of being bad like camping.

You 360 me I camp you and there should be no complaints on that.

• purebalance

@ScottJund said:
    purebalance said:

Imagine camping someone for turning

It's not turning. It's literally abusing the killer's hit box/range. Imagine camping someone for being on an object you shouldn't be able to stand on and you can't be hit from.

People keep arguing that the devs don't care about 360 and say it's fine. They've said the same about camping.

• purebalance
    edited October 2018

@powerbats said:
    @marth88gaming Perhaps you can explain this to the people that just refuse to accept that they need to adjust their gameplay instead of blaming it on a survivor outplaying them.

360 isn't outplaying. I guess standing on inaccessible blocks is just outplaying right?

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@purebalance

360ing causes the killer to lose sight due to weird POV. It also tricks autolock. What this means is it goes the wrong way. Many killer actions can mess survivor up similarly, like standing at certain angles jolts the pallet throw, causing a literal teleport into the killers lap. Killer can easily counter 360’s by going WITH THE BAD AUTO AIM, and swinging so far off they meet the 360. Or y’know, just not be ass at the game and pay attention.

Only excuse is console FPS, and in that case it’s just hardware problems, I’m not gonna limits my self because you don’t own a PS4 pro. A gaming computer user isn’t going to NOT 360 because your playing on a freakin MacBook.