The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pig nerfs for PTB

TAG
TAG Member Posts: 12,871
  • RBTs only become active whenever a generator is completed. Inactive RBTs will no longer trigger when attempting to leave via an exit gate. *NOTE: Initiating the End Game Collapse will not complete generators, but will block them. This means that any inactive RBTs will remain inactive.
  • The RBT timer now stops if the Survivor is within the Terror Radius, as opposed to when in a Chase.

As someone who admittedly can't test these out in the PTB, gotta say, first impression are noooooot positive. This basically annihilates Endgame builds, as putting on an RBT after the Exit Gates are powered does actual nothing. The RBTs pausing in TR seems baffling to me as it means that timers will pausing a lot more often unless you resort to crouch tunneling, which seems like a very strange thing to promote.

Someone talk some sense into me, or am I justified in being very concerned for Pig?

Comments

• Eryteis
    Eryteis Member Posts: 39

Poor Amanda! 😕

btw:....

Late Rescue: rescue another Survivor during EGC (2000).

farming time....lul

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

@Acromio Pig is literally my only killer I have bothered to level up to 50 and they give her the Legion nerf. Ridiculous.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Since the Legion change got announced, i feared that they might try forcing killers into 1 playstyle, and with the change to piggy...it might become a reality, wich is unhealthy for the game.

• TAG

@Peanits

Any input?

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

This is part of the End Game changes. With the Survivors on a short timer, they can't afford to go around taking a trap off before leaving. Putting a trap on a Survivor after the End Game has already started would be a death sentence particularly when paired with Blood Warden. Traps applied before the last generator was powered will still be active, so you'll still be able to

These changes are just on the PTB for now, though. We'll keep an eye out for feedback and make changes if needed.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

With inactive traps they can just run out of the exit. Applying traps after doors are available is kinda useless now.

Inactive traps dont kill you at the exit anymore.

@NuclearBurrito

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

@Raptorrotas I'm responding to what @Peanits said about the RBT being a death sentence in the endgame.

They are, but they are a very hard to use death trap, so go figure.

Now it's not even that.

• CL4P_TRAP_ER
    CL4P_TRAP_ER Member Posts: 114

First, the Legion nerf. Then the Pig nerf. HILLBILLY NERF INCOMING. (please don't)

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

@CL4P_TRAP_ER - You are fine. People asked for that so he won't be nerfed.

• TAG
    edited April 2019

"Also wouldn't Crouching help Pig with headpops? Wouldn't this turn Pig into the new Legion? She can follow people wearing them now and force their head to explode. This is why they nerfed Legion to absolute garbage who vaults like a Survivor now."

Yup. It's still going to be a bad and inefficient playstyle, but griefers will be able to make people's lives miserable more easily.

Post edited by TAG on
  • Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848
    edited April 2019

Why not just increase the chance of the first box rewarding a key? Make it so the first box has, say, a 75% chance of rewarding a key, with a +5% chance with each further box. As always, the last box would have 100% chance.

This would make it so they have a chance to escape, while not completely ruining the Pig's entire end-game pressure.

• basicpitch
    basicpitch Member Posts: 101
    edited April 2019

:( The sad little piggy oinks hurt me in the feels!!!

I think tweaking the chances of getting the trap off earlier would probably help. I've had to hit the box 4x to get it off. THAT is a death sentence in End Game. Ain't nobody got time for that!

• Sentry
    Sentry Member Posts: 124
    edited April 2019

Cant you just revert the changes and just make the time slow down for ever survivor with a trap. That way they still have to take the trap, but they don't have to worry so much about dying to the entity. Also, this would make survivors think twice about saving other survivors because they may get a RTB causing them to spend time taking it off and risking their life. In regard to the situation were theirs one survivor left with an RTB you could make it so if the hatch closes then the solo survivor can escape through the exit gates. This would make Amanda a high mid tier kill due to her ability to slow down both the end game and stop gen rushes while also not making her almost impossible to play against. The devs could just take the slow down time for being downed and implement into the RTB just making it the time slow down for each survivor with a RTB. If survivors or killers think this is unfair please comment and say why?

Post edited by Sentry on
  • TheAngryPickle
    TheAngryPickle Member Posts: 73

Nice changes! I can't wait to see Nurse/Billy reworks!

• TAG

That's not how the boxes work. You don't have X% chance of finding a key in a box. One box is the correct one, and all other ones are wrong.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069