Any plans to remove the locker + DS tech?

Options

Comments

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

If they are giving you a free grab, just yank them out of the locker and get it out of the way. You don't want those DS around in end game anyway.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494
    Options

You are just as toxic as your name suggests. Really sad. Calling me a salty killer main when i play both.

DS is broken. If somebody uses DS on me because i go after the weaker animal i still get them 20 seconds later. Big deal. My job is to kill. Should not have gotten caught then should you?

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

@HollowsGrief

"DS should prevent an immediate rehook, which it does, it should not prevent the killer from interacting with you at all."

Very true.. i think the fix for this cheesy locker+DS mechanic is as simple as make DS not work inside lockers. Then DS can work like a real anti-tunnel perk and not like a 60 sec inmunity of all kind perk..

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

@Rivyn

Why should window tech get "fixed"? It is a skill full move that doesnt have any huge benefit. Its really risky thought, if you are smart enough you will hear the footstebs and get a easy free hit. That move grants alot of free hits and is overall not really usefull. It only works on less experienced Killer but with that argument you could say that 360 are op aswell...

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

How often does that happen? 80% of the time I don’t even get to use DS as most killers play around that and BT. Not to mention DS is 60sec which is not long at all, Scott’s mission for Locker DS into Head on into flashlight is as extreme as it can be and even that is a very difficult thing to achieve. Changing one method of forcing a DS stun based on extreme examples seems illogical.

if anything has to be changed with DS then imo it should be if you hook a second person then it deactivates if they are not downed. at that point you aren’t tunneling.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

I'll agree with you there.

I'd Love to Trade NOED for BT or DS.

No free kills, no free escapes.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

A lot of you survivors are saying "stop tunneling" have y'all considered the fact that a killer can hook 2 other survivors and still get hit with DS?

Interruption actions (grabs) shouldn't trigger DS imo simply because you survivors force DS thinking that the killer will leave you alone, just to only DC or get salty in post game chat.

• BigBrainMegMain
    Options

What about the scenario where the gen is next to the hook you're hanging from and it's almost completed. You get unhooked, you finish the gen as the killer rushes towards you and BAM, he hits you as the gen is completed.

Happens to me quite a bit.

• BigBrainMegMain
    Options
  • BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

My point isn't being aimed at you directly, but as a general counter to the idea of nerfing DS this way

as to it being used while working on a gen, its still in the end a 1-off perk that will by you a few seconds if you decide to waste it that way

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Because the killer model shouldn't be able to be phased through when vaulting? I get that it's an issue with the actual vault mechanic, but it's idiotic. Much like the hook tech.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

Maybe make the time deplete twice as fast if you are working on a gen.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848
    Options

60 seconds isn't "a few seconds". It's 3/4 of a gen all by yourself, during which the killer has to choose whether to let you go without any downside, slap you and draw another survivor to that gen so you both finish it even faster, or take the stun for absolutely no benefit besides taking away your free escape card. And then if the killer takes the last option, survivors will generally start losing their minds over "tunneling" and do their best to make the rest of the match for the killer as miserable as possible.

And, of course, all of that is ignoring the situations where you can force the killer into a grab and force them to eat the stun, like locker slamming right next to an unfinished gen.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

A very interesting idea. Although at least for me the true evil of this perk is being able to activate it in EGC/after all gens are done. And i remark after all gens are done because is very easy for a survivor to just leave the gates at 99% thus, it should deactivate in those both cases.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

@Rivyn

So you want to get that opputinity out for free hits as a Killer? Alright sounds logic

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

The locker trick is a very unique mind game that should stay in the game. The killer doesn't know if the actually have ds or inner strength. They also could have head-on so it is a very cool mind game.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848
    Options

Except there's no risk for the survivor, and nothing but risk for the killer. If the survivor knows they're going to get hit, they can just get in a locker after an unhook, and have nothing but, at worst, neutral outcomes. Meanwhile, the killer has to worry about everything you just listed, and has no real way to mitigate that risk.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

Such a simple but perfect change. It's a shame they haven't done this yet.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

yea thats not even the issue my dude. The issue is that DS isn't an anti tunneling perk, it's a free getaway perk and you know it lol. I once hooked someone, once they were off the hook I hooked 2 other people, found him in a locker and he still DS'd me. That's not fair in any form, DS needs too go away once the killer hooks someone else so it can actually be an anti tunneling perk.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

Stop removing some of the things in the game the require some kind of skill to pull off.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

That's a lie and we all know it lol. I shouldn't be DS stunned when I play killer after I already hooked 1 or 2 people. That's not a "DS play" that's an abusive scenario where the killer has too loose.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

One of many risk and reward scenarios in this game. There are many of these on both killer and survivor.

I think the game is at it's best when you do mind games. I think of all the "problems" this game has this isn't one of them.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited March 2020
    Options

Can we please have a obsession perk that helps with camping I'm tired of being chosen as the obsession and deleted from match.

Better yet can we ditch our obsession status onto the flashlight user?

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    Options

You just show you don't understand how the game works with this comment.

On skilled level plays killer will down one survivor and chase the other to apply pressure. In that way three survivors are occupied, one working on gen. 1 downed, 1 chased, and 1 going for the heal of the downed.

If you jump in a locker you just say FU to the killer. It stops the pressure.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    Options

If ds is such an issue for you then just slug them. If they jump in a locker then just eat ths ds and leave them

• BulletsNonstop
    BulletsNonstop Member Posts: 364
    Options

It’s not easy and it should be buffed so the skill check is bigger. Because That perk DOES take up a perk slot and is very situational. They should just put a ######### baseball bat in the game with limited uses that you can find in a chest. It can be really difficult to get a killer off your ass sometimes there should be more. I don’t Like queuing up for games as a survivor where I’m just getting tunneled hard and beat down. It’s deflating. They ought to make it easier to stay hidden it makes the game more suspenseful. I see lack of cover and dead ends everywhere on some of these maps. Map design is terrible. Swamp is my fav tho. Lerys offers good line of sight breaks from there being a lot of small rooms to pass through.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

We don't want to tunnel, we want to keep people off generators. I'll respect DS when they're on the ground as it still gives me momentum without putting them on a hook. Somebody jumping in a locker does neither of these things. They stay injured, or even healthy if the have Inner Strength, and I'm forced to either eat a stun or wait an unknown amount of time because the SURVIVOR is too boosted to loop me, since they clearly had the ability to make at least some distance from the hook to the locker.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Make the person who has D.S. active Repair the gen slower (25%?) than if they didn't have it activated.

So if I get off the hook D.S. is active, I now repair the gen 25% slower. Once D.S. deactivates, I gain the normal Gen speed back.

Would that be a proper solution?

• CosmicParagon
    Options

I drop them on the ground to disable them, then I go for the rescuer. Locker Tech gives no momentum and rewards survivors for sucking at looping

• CosmicParagon
    Options

hooking survivors isn't a mistake tho, it's just how the game works

• BulletsNonstop
    BulletsNonstop Member Posts: 364
    Options

enough with the DS nerfs lol survivors need to be able to have a better chance to get away if you’re picking them up within that full minute after they’ve been hooked anyways. Why do you feel as though you deserve that 2nd hook on that guy when you just camped him? I want a bigger skill check on that thing or longer stun because 5 seconds sometimes isn’t enough with how fast the killer is he’s back on your ass anyways

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,098
    Options

Run trapper and trap that locker forcing them to stay in there.

• evilnuts
    evilnuts Member Posts: 12
    Options

At dis point in time im just eatiing the d.s. you chase some one els and having it be a short chase. You find the survivor and ta da...D S ur azz. It been times i got 3 times in a row and not "tunneling". But dont get me wrong it sucks. Ppl who say dont tunne3l dont play killer and if they do they rank 20. A full rank 1 team the one where u have a chase n 3 gens pop....yes its normal. You HAVE to tunnel or slug a bit to Win.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Dude

1) Dont get angry.

2) The devs are looking at abuses that this Perk may cause and will nerf it accordingly they litterally stated this in this thread.

So I proposed a worthy fix. What downside does D.S. have? NONE. I am providing one. So shush and calm down please. No need to be defensive. No one even stated we wanted a second hook. Hell my proposal isn't even aiming at a second hook. It punishes the survivor for having D.S. active. That's all. It doesn't make you exposed or male your aura be read by the killer, so trying to call me out and being rude isnt solving your issue. That's probably why you are jailed. So once you calm down reread my comment and this thread (mostly the Devs comments) then please provide constructive feedback. Thank you.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

You know what? Just equip moris, easy counter to DS. Granted not for the locker but that is just the way it is and will be.