Rip PH

Options

Comments

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

This "nerf" only will hurt bad players who relied on nothing but entirely brainless zoning. God forbid a killer be more fun for both sides.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906
    Options

can you please at least TRY to play him using his power for something? lol

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

The nerf may or may not be that bad. It is irrelevant to what I posted. If you nerf a killer to where he can be bullied at top tier, survivors won't get a killer they can bully. Those killer players will choose someone else.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,460
    edited September 2020
    Options

But everyone does acknowledge his other power. I'm not sure why you think not.

His other power just has extremely limited use. It's fact of existing also doesn't detract from any of the good points made here. You haven't provided counter arguments to anything.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

oh no my killer take more skill then before, it sucks

*shrug in billy/nurse main*

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

If they give him full mouse control whilst he's holding his power it'd be fine. You'd be playing a prediction game with your power at that point, which actually sounds pretty damn fun and would help his clunky-ass movement a ton. I don't think they're doing that though. Or they could make the hitbox slightly wider who knows.

Point is, the playstyle ph has now is obviously not how BHVR want him to be played because it's mindless and dull, I'd much rather be going for interesting shots with my power than holding a button whenever a survivor is near a pallet or window.

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 368
    Options

I'm curious to see what the numbers for missed punishment of the damned cooldowns will be however I honestly can't say these changes will make him more of a "skill based" killer just for the simple fact that Rites of Judgement has an extremely slow turn rate. You can't flick with it like other killers which is why you use it at pallets and windows most of the time because those where the only times you can reliably hit it. Those changes won't really change that except now he'll just have less oppurntunities to get hits with it? It's still got the 20% power drain on attack as well so you can't really spam it all that much either. The counterplay for these changes is just basically giving him less moments to use it effectively.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    Options

This isn’t a RIP PH. This is exactly what he needed. I’ve played a ######### ton of PH. I’ve been asking for these changes since day 1. Missing an attack royally ######### you; there needs to be clear counter play as well.

well done bhvr, finally

• Sandwich_Jesus
    Sandwich_Jesus Member Posts: 266
    Options

I feel like he should have been given a larger buff to compensate ,they took away his ability to mind game,which was one of his strongest assets.

I dont mind that they are fixing his perks but the fact they aren't buffing and nerfing perks that are litterally in need of them is annoying.

I feel like the pop nerf is unnecessary

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

It goes both ways you guys get two killer nerfs in a LONG ass time and it's a problem but when survivors are nerfed constantly and consistently it's fineaand dandy. K

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

I don't need to? He's getting the changes regardless. What kind of counterargument do I need to make?

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited September 2020
    Options

I think their goal is noble - they want you to actually use his power more rather than in just 1-2 circumstances.

Imagine of Huntress and Deathslinger were like this, where you have this big telegraphed attack that just kicks you in the nuts if you missed it. Huntress may have a telegraphed attack, but if you miss, it's not a big deal... whereas Deathslinger, if you miss, yeah it's kinda a big deal... but you literally have as little telegraph as you want to have with it, so if you miss, it's because you need to git gud.

PH, as is, basically can't use his power except in very specific circumstances - IE: windows/pallets - because he has to telegraph it and it's really easy to dodge otherwise. I think it's a good direction for him.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

lawl. pay 2 lose is here people. wd behaviour.

• EvilJoshy
    Options

If survivors are getting nerfed consistently and they are still the power role. That tells me they need MORE nerfs.

• azame
    Options

Freddy is fine except they need to tweak snares and the dream mechanic.

• azame
    Options

They are the power role in an optimal swf. That's it not even average swfs are gonna beat good killers only when they are messing up.

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444
    Options

“...time to mori them when I play killer” Lol, you’re so pathetic. This change was needed. If you think instantly baiting with no penalty was balanced you’re wrong, which is why the devs are fixing him. Anyone with a brain knows that it’s unfair. Also, enjoy your moris while they last because those are up next on the chopping block. 😇

• Blueberry
    Options

Well you're in here basically just mocking people. If you're gonna make fun of people because of their opinions you'd think you'd at least have a reason to back it up.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    Options

This is on top of the shadow nerf that got rid of his flick ability on Punishment.. but they want you to use his power in the open.. where the survivor has like 3 seconds to react

ok

• Tactless_Ninja
    Options

It's a small rebalance. And mockery is the great equalizer. It's going to end up being nothing.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

You're sad that you cant use a cheap tactic for free hits anymore? Cry me a river.

• Blueberry
    Options

So because you disagree with them you'd rather mock them than have a rational conversation about why you disagree. Got it.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

RIP the boosted PH mains! Now they have to use their power smartly and not use it only at pallets! I'm glad they recognized the flaw in his design and plan to try to fix it.

• WestX
    WestX Member Posts: 120
    Options

To be fair this has something to do with his Cage of Atonements being absolutely dogshit. Seriously. Sure they can sacrifice survivors, but when you use one it spawns the cage at the literal opposite side of the map from PH, it doesn't tell you where it is at all, and it consumes torment. From my experience playing him, the cages are useless unless you're dealing with a team of survivors that completely prevents you from using the hooks, in which case you can use them as a ######### way of progressing their sacrifice meter.

Due to the sheer distance involved using a Cage basically gives the survivor a guaranteed unhook, since its virtually impossible for PH to actually put pressure on the cage.

Because of this, I actually almost never use Cage of Atonement, instead I just let them keep torment on and play like other killers until after the 2nd hook when I get to execute them.

• azame
    Options

The time you see the trail it's going to go off. The range does not give you time to dodge if it's under you.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Options

Again there's nothing anyone can do for now except #########.

What's rational about "There's a problem" and ol reliable "No there isn't git gud"?

• Tactless_Ninja
    Options

You must've missed the part where PH players would immediately tunnel a caged survivor out of the game. That's unsportsmanlike.

And it still counts as a hook state. The advantage is not dealing with picking up a survivor and carrying them to a hook. You see two people running around, you cage one person then immediately pick up chase with the second with no delay. That's the advantage.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,235
    Options

Dude it’s a tournament. Can you imagine if weak killers could beat some of the best teams in the game? Doesn’t make legitimate sense, if you consider the repercussions it would have on strong killer’s ability to beat teams.

• Blueberry
    Options

Except there is things they can do. It's going into PTB, not LIVE. They are listening for feedback.

There's has been lots of rational responses to the change in regards to what other changes he needs and how this is going to effect him.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

This is just a buff for me. Maybe don't rely on cheese.

• Withered8
    Options

Have YOU looked at the patch history? Want me to go through just some of the survivor nerfs? DS nerf, map size nerf, infinite’s removal, double pallets removal, pallet vaccuum removal, loops nerf, maps like Hawkins and dead dawg sallooon introduced, not one weak killer released legion, spirit, nurse still capable of decimating teams, MoM nerf, exhaustion introduction, exhaustion nerf again, balanced landing nerf, double windows jungle gym removal, you see where this is going right?

The devs make changes for balance reasons, not because they favour one side over the over. Just because one side gets a nerf, doesn’t mean that the devs don’t care about them. There are arguable many things on both sides which need changing, and using the argument that survivors are stronger than killers thus killers don’t need nerfs is just bs.

• Withered8
    Options

Do you not realise that survivors get nerfed at the same time? And that killers get buffs as well? Dude just because a killer or two gets nerfed doesn’t mean that the devs are just listening to survivors. Think about how many nerfs survivors have gotten over the years. It’s a two way thing.

• GhostyyBoi
    GhostyyBoi Member Posts: 416
    Options

mega F

• Withered8
    Options

There’s a very short period between the indicator and the actual damage however, only dodgsble if you have robot reflexes. You can also use it in narrow places or when survivors go through a narrow gap like a doorway etc and guarantee a hit if you know what ur doing. Hardly say his power is unusable.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

If he's missing every shot that means he is bad. Relying on the no-win pallet hits means PH was boosted.

• Withered8
    Options

Clearly you don’t understand the changes. He still moves faster while he has his sword in the ground and survivors still need to dodge preemptively so in a sens she still has some form of bait. The difference is you now have to hit with your power like you would when baiting with huntress rather than just going for the m1

• Tactless_Ninja
    Options

This thread is called RIP PH, there are already kneeslap reactions going on here.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

As time goes on I play dbd less and less because it gets really boring when you are a main killer and dont want to switch to the empowered side.

• EvilJoshy
    edited September 2020
    Options

You misunderstand what I typed. I said "Every rework is to make the game balanced?" I am not implying the devs have not made some great changes in the past. I remember the days of BNP, insta medkits, uber flashlights, infinites, pallet vacuum, no EGC, BT working on the hooked and unhooked. The game has gotten better over the years. However they have also made some really really awful decisions. Crap that makes me ask "Who thought that was a good idea?" I was trying to say not everything the devs do is for the betterment of the game.

An example would be MoM. It's great they fixed it, although it's useless now but the perk shouldn't have been put in the game to begin with. Anyone who puts a decent amount of playtime into both sides could have told them that perk would break the game.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

As much as I love playing Pyramid Head, currently my favourite killer, I understand this change and i'm fine with how it is sounding. Being able to put people into a situation where they have to take a guess at what you are going to do really sucks to be on the guessing end of. It's a huge part of why people hate Spirit and Deathslinger.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    edited September 2020
    Options

A "killer or two"?

Nurse -> Spirit -> Freddy -> Billy -> PH

All within the last year..

• Withered8
    Options

Nurse spirit and Freddy are literally the three strongest killers in the game, so kinda makes sense they got nerfs. The nerfs these killers got didn’t affect anyone who was half decent with them and Freddy is still just as mindless as ever. PH change yet again won’t affect those good at him. These are all QoL changes which won’t affect good killers. Yes I disagree with Billy’s cool down being a billy main, but his addons did get changed for the better.

Now let’s see what killers have been buffed eh?

Doctor, Leatherface, Plague, Trapper, you get my point?

kilers get both buffed and nerfed. All for balance reasons.

• ElementDoom
    ElementDoom Member Posts: 166
    Options

Robot reflexes are an exaggeration. It's very possible to dodge just the shockwave on command if you're anticipating it. I've seen it done and I've done it. Even if your reflexes aren't good enough to dodge the red line I'm pretty sure anyone can see which direction he's facing at the start of the animation and not stand there. There is no excuse to be hit by that attack assuming you have line of sight and aren't stuck in an animation.

So you're left with a chase power that can only be used in doorways or when survivors have lost line of sight and aren't fast enough to dodge the neon red "don't stand here" sign. That sounds like a niche power to say the least.

• Withered8
    Options

Let me give you an example of how you can use it. You’re running around the side of a short wall jungle gym and the survivor is runnin back towards the pallet. You put you’re sword in the ground and they preemptively dodge but you wait and then use the attack as they then go back in a straight line towards the pallet.

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618
    Options

There is no counter to him and yet he could never compete with very good solo survivors or just average swf not to mention the best survivor swf team...Why does everyone want a killer to have reliable counterplay when survivors have tons of stuff that killer cant counter at all such as decisive strike or pallets with no mind game

and like honestly what do you expect to happen when they nerf another decent killer, nurse was nerfed and her playrate dropped to like 0, same goes for billy and also all the weak killers that are in the game

survivors are complaining that all they verse are freddies and spirits but its always their fault, they are the ones who keep asking for nerfs to decent killers...like billy wasnt even broken, he could still be looped and all he had was that map pressure and yet they nerfed him just because survivor community complained about him for months

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

"I can't get free hits anymore as PH so I'll get free hits as Spirit"

You are a child lmao

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Because 99.9% of complaints were coming from survivors, and they’re changing him for those people. What exactly do you think the outcome is going to be based on that?

People don’t like PH but DH for distance into loops like mothers dwelling or crotus penn. can still royally screw over M1 killers but nobody complains. Swf still burning Ormond offerings all the time for 10 thousand safe pallets which makes M1 killers not fun to play but no changes.

Killer actually has a chance to get hits at these bs locations though? Gotta nerf because survivors arent having fun.

I argued with a lot of killer mains when I joined here but they were right. Its the survivors that want to bully the killer and be the power role that are making these complaints. Just look at that guy here that was ripping on PH yet runs OoO as Claudette and clicks his flashlight at the killer. Thats who the developers are pandering to. I’m sure when PH is locked in animation and cant attack they’ll love slamming a pallet on his head and clicking the flashlight.