Rip PH

Options

Comments

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    edited September 2020
    Options

Quick question about this, are the PH players who like to place trails in sporadically strategic places going to be punished along with this nerf?

I mean lets say I want to lay a partial trail in several places rather than using the entire trail in one spot all at once (to avoid the ranged attack cooldown nerf)

Am I going to have to endure a lengthy forced cooldowns from a forced ranged attack every time I want to place a small trail rather than spending the entire trail pool (even though all I wanted to do was lay small trails here and there without launching a ranged attack)

how are they going to balance this?

As it stands with genrush in the state it is its just going to slow down an already slow killer who already has awful map presence.

This really is the death knell for PH it seems.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

I just don't get it, there's one small killer nerf and immediately people act like BHVR are survivor sided. How do you conclude such things from one single balance change? They listen to both sides, that's all.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

What happened to the Hub?

• ZCerebrate
    ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641
    Options

The vocal minority of survivor mains just move from each killer in order and ask for nerfs - there will always be one. Stridor Spirit is just the next one to be looked at then Deathslinger's repeatedly quickscoping without firing a shot without yet another cooldown.

Given I'm fine with these things being changed including the M2 fake out that PH was enjoying a bit too much but there needs to be other things that compensate... mainly that maps need to stop having an insane number of pallet loops chained together and tons of insanely large maps to warrant nerfs to Deathslinger's (with his 110% movement) "chase" potential to be reduced. This sort of applies to PH too which has a noticeably worse ranged attack than Huntress in exchange for having torment trails/cages and 5% more movement speed if the nerf goes through correctly. His chase is weakened but his compensation is yet to be seen if it was a "fair" trade off or just a universally agreed nerf.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I think they're going to make a change that is good for balance and that is more fun for both sides. If they just caved to survivor complaints NOED wouldn't be in the game, Spirit would have been nerfed into the ground, etc. Pyramid Head was actually in a bad place and I'm glad they're making these changes.

There is absolutely no equivalence between any of the things you mentioned and tweaking Pyramid Head's power. If you want to submit respectful and measured feedback about Ormond, or Dead Hard, or whatever else happens to bother you, go right ahead. I am sure they will continue to make balance changes, and over time I bet some of your complaints do get addressed.

This isn't even supposed to be a nerf, though. At least wait for the PTB before complaining about nerfs that haven't happened yet.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Lol

DH has been unchanged for years, its never getting changed. Ormond was ignored in the last map rework so any changes are still likely a long way off and look at how some of the maps they tinkered with are still garbage. Spirit did get nerfed and she will have another coming again soon.

PH only out 3 months and now hes being gutted because survivors dont control the chase 100%

I added some more explanation to my post. His POTD wasn’t viable and was mostly used while the survivor was animation locked due to a number of reasons, they’re only addressing the long cooldown which does nothing for the attack itself. Without more changes hes going to be garbage and another killer who becomes a survivors toy in a chase. Which is what they want.

In fact im going to go out on a limb and guess this will be a lengthy pause to canceling M2 but only fractions of a second taken off his POTD cooldown.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    Options

"one small killer nerf" on top of 10s of others this year but we'll ignore those

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354
    Options

Unless they make the recovery of PotD like 1.5 seconds or something, he will need more compensation for the nerf.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

Why would anyone in their right mind keep playing a killer who already struggles with sweaty groups? Getting genrushed and infinite looped isn’t fun. Spirit and Nurse are the only answers.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

because its a videogame and its meant to be for fun

i play huntress and still slam people, even tho she isnt "top tier" which for some reason matters to people

• ClickyClicky
    Options

Really wish I could get a refund, especially since his perks are garbage. Guess I'll have to settle for leaving a negative review and hoping other people don't get suckered by such a disgusting business practice.

• ClickyClicky
    Options

Yes playing an M1 killer have a toxic swf send you to Ormond tbag you at every pallet while your unviable character can't do a damn thing against the umpteen thousand safe pallets and loops in the game and then being told to die of cancer post game is so much fun.

It's meant to be fun sure but it's only fun for one side unless you play a very select minority of killers. Pyramidhead wasn't the best but he was "good enough" to have fun with. Now it's back to the top 3 or so.

• Brhoom
    Brhoom Member Posts: 241
    Options

Nurse's kill rare increased in red ranks after the "nerf"

PH will require practice to be good now, just like Nurse.

And Nurse is still the best killer in the right hands.

Please stop saying he could never compete, do you honestly believe the devs will nerf a killer if he's having a hard time with survivors?

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354
    Options

His 50/50 is the only thing that kept him good. I really hope they do more for him.

His cages can be useful, but survivors are in control of whether they get tormented, the killer instinct from trails is just alright, and Final Judgement is just cage 2.

Just sucks how 2 strong killer things are getting nerfed while no strong survivor thing is getting nerfed.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    edited September 2020
    Options
    • Legion nerf
    • Freddy nerf
    • Nurse nerf
    • Billy nerf
    • PH Cage nerf
    • Scratch marks disappearing at random since last patch bug shadow nerf

• ClickyClicky
    Options

Yeah the BOTB final video I posted in another thread shows just how bad PH will be. They keep going for attacks but survivors easily avoid every single one. Only way PH gets a hit is by holding M2 at shack window, then cancelling when they go for the pallet. Now he won't even do that the survivors will make the pallet guaranteed.

They aren't going to do anything else for him. If they had any intention they would have mentioned it now. This is solely to appease survivors that wanted to loop him rather than dropping the pallet earlier.

• WestX
    WestX Member Posts: 120
    Options

As a PH Main I will say again, I never use his ranged attack because of how awful it is. It was only useful in ONE SINGLE CIRCUMSTANCE and that was when survivors were locked in an animation. Its too slow, has too little range, and while they reduced the recovery period it won't solve the other two issues. Its just too easy for a survivor to either sidestep it, or as I have encountered on several occassions due to the long ass animation, even flat out outrun it at times. Similar to how awful the cages are at the moment, POTD is also pretty awful both powers being far too situational now. When I play PH I pretty much just use the trails and torment to score executions because the rest of his abilities suck.

• ClickyClicky
    Options

Yeah I know he's going to feel clumsy, survivors will find it easier to bait pallets and then stun you and tbag while you can't do anything.

I've given up on killers like wraith and pig. Its just exhaustion perk to strong window, run around 3 times, then from safe pallet to safe pallet. You spend all game feeling like you're up against perks rather than people. If they were chill about it maybe it wouldn't be as bad but it's always awful map offerings, OoO, tbag tbag, flashlight clicking, and then enough verbal abuse post game that it makes the chan message boards look wholesome.

I'll just bite the bullet and go Spirit. Dabbled in her before and she's fun but not quite my cup of tea like Pyramidhead or Clown was but whatever, I want a killer that can actually stand a chance against the 6000 hour survivors the game seems to match me up with.

• SaltyRainbow
    SaltyRainbow Member Posts: 87
    Options

maybe you should take a break from the game clickyclicky. It doesn’t seem you have fun with the game atm.

maybe his range attack needs some small buffs but the current state of beeing constantly in a win/win situation isn’t good or skillful.

and that 99% of all complaints are from survivors is bs. The forums are full of killer complaints too. Even more in the past before a lot of needed survivor nerfs happened. A lot of players are winey, doesn’t matter which role the prefere.

if it matter, I play both roles in red ranks (Trapper & hag main) Most days I am full with strong painkillers so I can’t focus with so much fog in my head and the middle of my screen is doubled for me. I still can deal with the most survivors. Don’t tell me healthy ppl can only win with spirit or nurse.

the brutal effizient and maybe toxic swf stays usually longer in mind than the common swf you just stomped with doc or clown.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

Except the devs are liars. This is 110% a nerf, they're just talking crap in an attempt to avoid another ruin level pr ######### up.

Same crap as always with them, get your money, then nerf the piss out of the killer to keep survivors happy. It will happen to blight next.

• Brhoom
    Brhoom Member Posts: 241
    Options

From the first day I played this game all I see is nerf Pig memes.

What exactly was nerfed with her?

genuinely asking here.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

The issue with current ph ranged attack is the wind up on the attack before it hits. Its extremely easy to evade. They need to up how fast the attacl fires off it already has extremly awkward movement so correcting the attack left or right is limited.

Its kinda inescapable to point out how pyramid head despite a lower range is just an inferior huntress since currently has now way to speed up the punishment attack animation.

I'd say ph is doomed to be a pubstomper killer. Good for styling on weaker survivor players. You can argue its skillful but that dosent quite add up if theres no way to get the attack to connect vs competent survivors.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited September 2020
    Options

Pig despite being in a weak state her dash attack being easily counterable had her traps trigger the countdown in the endgame if it was placed at zero gens left. Now a gen needs to be completed while the trap is already placed. This coincided with the end game update. There was zero compensation no buffs for the change and she already was a low tier killer.

To this day the blatant weakness of a survivor holding w and leaving the loop hasn't been corrected. The rng of her power is lacking in actual killer input which is frustrating for both sides. Pigs is a meme one with a rather wholesome boop the snoot but nonetheless a meme.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Actually it is the opposite. Killer dont realise that playing then the next op killer to death will only nerf that killer aswell. Same with those "I bring mori now every game, while i make an angry face by doing it!!!!" people - please, bring moris and show devs that moris are op too.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505
    Options

This will only affect people who, well, weren't that good with playing killer to begin with. You can tell a Pyramidhead is good when they don't just spam their M2 over and over for free zoning. It's kind of like the difference between a good Freddy and a bad Freddy. The bad Freddy will fill an entire loop with dream snares just to get a hit, because they can't mind game. A good Freddy will place a maximum of 2 snares in a mindgame-able loop.

Now, do the same for Deathslinger.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    Options

I think it's way to early to know if this is gonna kill PH over all but if they don't make his M2 faster and not so easy to dodge it won't matter imo the attack is just bad, the range is too short and it is too slow to come out since it gives a warning before the attack comes out with the red lines.

Hopefully he'll get more, he's my favorite killer because silent hill 2 is one of my favorite games.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

Nurse is still the strongest killer in the game and spirit's changes were non nerfs that didn't impact her at all. What changes did Freddy get again? The rework made him a lot stronger - and boring -.

Billy needed the addon changes. Some of those addons were broken. The base kit though.. He didn't i can agree with that

PH's faking ability shouldn't have been introduced to begin with. It was since ptb that people complained about it. About time they removed it

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

Maybe you just want to get good? You said two posts ago that you didn't even know you could use his power through palelts/windows/walls. Pyramid head main btw

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited September 2020
    Options

I can already see the deathslinger nerfs. When aiming the gun emits a green laser that survivors can see to make aiming easier for the killer. To counter this easy aiming we will ad a 1 second delay to shooting with 3 distinct beeps that the survivor can hear.

• ClickyClicky
    Options

Except hatchets travel almost instantly when fully charged, have a wide hitbox and can be freely aimed. Pyramidhead turns like a shopping cart, has a very thin hitbox on POTD, and the attack is telegraphed and takes a second to travel towards the end of it.

Hence why it's junk and people relied on the bait. They could have tinkered with any one of those issues and instead they focused on.....the cooldown. Well that's great now you can spam attacks all day as the survivor takes a slight step to the left or right to completely avoid your attack.

As others have said they listened to feedback sure but they definitely only listened to feedback from one side.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited September 2020
    Options

This.

Outside of animation locks, PH has the most useless power in the game.

There is zero input from the killer if they hit a survivor or not. it is all the survivors fault and that is the "CouNteRPlAy" that survivors demand against all killers.

• HoneyBadger
    HoneyBadger Member Posts: 18
    Options

Tbh im a rank 1 survivor main i never had a problem with ph :/ I just have problems with noed. Because my team doesn't want to cleanse totems.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,235
    Options

Ph’s attack is far wider than a huntress hatchet. He has unlimited shots. He is the only killer who can move faster than survivors with a ranged or speed attack expect for deathslinger and his shot really isn’t that reactable, you have to preemptively dodge at some point. 1v1 me as pyramid head and let’s see how many shots you can truly dodge.

• ClickyClicky
    Options

Just a slight step to the side can completely negate the attack, and yeah he has unlimited shots but he also has limited range and limited turning.

It's apples to oranges though huntress was designed with hatchets as her primary attack, PH not so much.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Except every killer watching it seemed to take it as the gospel to now tunnel and camp.

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475
    Options
  • OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

I mean,killers that camp and tunnel did that before the tournament.

The only thing that really annoys me is how people are trying to apply tournament level of DBD on normal/casual DBD.

• ClickyClicky
    Options

@Jill10230 True, thats why you gotta enjoy her while you can.

@Clevite Boy I was born on raised on the EU servers, that's just business as usual for me when I play survivor.

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475
    Options

Oh no, I don't play killer anymore, I'm main survivor now. Maybe with Ghostface for the fun. Spirit is too weak without headphones 😀

• Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704
    Options

You people need to chill,can you not take everything over proportions all the time?Nerfed?nah more like pyramid head is more skill based anymore and not anymore m1 spam for easy down.His power always seemed too op because if you vault he gets you with his power,if you dont vault,he gets you with his m1,if you think that wasn't something that needed some tweaking you are just wrong.

• DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170
    Options

Not even on ptb yet and you're already crying. The changes were absolutely necessary as the player base was miserable against him. The bottom line is that no one wants to play against PH. I stopped playing him because people would just DC every game. His power required no skill and gave easy free hits. He needed some balance.

Also, if all you relied on was "baiting" you were never that good to begin with and it makes sense why you think he's going to be bad. Maybe git gud with him and stop using trash tactics.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Pyramid Head isn't dead. The explanation they gave was correct.

As PH here's how you chase a survivor:

1. Put your weapon into the ground when they get near a pallet or window.
    2. If they try to dodge you hit them.
    3. If they drop the pallet or vault the window you hit them with Punishment of the Damned.
    4. Repeat previous steps at every tile.

The best part about PH is hitting the Punishment shots. You felt skilled when you hit a shot but the miss cooldown was that bad you never used it. They've now made it more rewarding to use the skilled part of your power and not the unskilled way.

Genuinely think he will be more fun to play/vs. Not saying he'll be stronger by this change but at least your going to have more fun playing as him.