Revert the Mori Change Devs

Comments

• Critical_Fish
    Critical_Fish Member Posts: 615

Survivor doesn't need a nerf. Keys do. Must I repeat myself further?

Yes a sweaty 4 man SWF can be oppressive to some, but they are beatable. It's something called pressure and game sense.

Here's how you beat a 4 man: Focus on keeping them off of generators at the beginning of the game, downing the first survivor is important, but decreasing gen progress is even moreso. Hook your first Survivor and then hook another as fast as you physically can, while still keeping them off of gens (if the 5th one has not yet been completed). Slug when it is a good idea, slugging is a very powerful ability you have and if you do it properly Unbreakable shouldn't be too much of an issue, seeing as you usually slug 2 people close together who you can both quickly down.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

i dont need a lesson, i have other posts showing my rank, my devotion and i am one of those people who unfortunately deals with these groups that you prob haven't reached yet

• Critical_Fish
    edited January 2021

DS' need for a rework doesn't come from being OP. Against the best Killers its just mildly annoying at worst, but it's because it's not used for its intended purpose, instead being used as a minute long shield from all attacks. This is a problem, but it's not OP, it's just degenerate.

I can't do anything about that, but Survivors do not need a nerf.

Keys. Do.

But I can't make executive decisions. I agree with the point you're trying to make but you're not making it and I think you're too Killer sided to see things unbiasly. Are Survivors more powerful and easier to play in a group than Killers? Yes. Is it by so much that they can't have any tools at all? NO.

Solo queue is also effected by these changes.

Cool, you're rank 1. I'm rank 2. Devotion 10? Impressive I guess, just shows how much time you've wasted on DBD. You seem to play Legion a lot, from what I'm gathering, and that's a problem. Legion struggles with pressuring gens. I play Blight, and yeah gen speeds are insane sometimes, but most of the time if a gen pops I know why I wasn't there to prevent it, often because I stayed in a chase too long.

There's almost always a reason you lost. You're not perfect, you make mistakes. Figure out what they are in order to improve and be able to combat SWF.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • SasukeKun

So it needing a nerf doesn't come from being op, but you just explained how it's op and not used primarily what it's intended use is. You sound like you know what the perks do and why they are overpowered but you just don't want a challenge when playing survivor like most i see. Cool im rank 1, i wasted time? That's pretty rude. I feel i spent time on this game since 2016 when there was 3 killers and im passionate about balanced gameplay. Why do you think survivor ques are so long? nobody wants to play killer, clean your eyes

• Critical_Fish

I go out of my way as Survivor to not use DS. I want DS to be changed, but as a Killer I am not overly affected by it. Unbreakable/DS combo is broken, but DS itself is not.

That was towards the Devotion 10, I have 750 hours and I'm devotion 1 (almost devotion 2.)

I'm aware why Survivor Queue takes so long. It's harder to rank up as Killer. Why do you think Survivor Queues are so long at lower ranks?

BTW DS by itself isn't op at all, it's just annoying at most to high tier Killers others than the Oni.

• make up your mind its either broken or not you just contradicted yourself its broken simple as that have you watched the devs play home boi straight up hid in a locker with blood stains and scratch marks on the ground. the devs are the problem they dont know the mechanics of their own game and refuse to listen to the community lmao

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

Survivors get stronger whilst the killer gets weaker. That is all this game is. Buff the moris

• Critical_Fish

I... didn't? A combo DS is in can be considered broken, but by itself it's fine. Unless you're playing a lower tier Killer, or someone like Oni without your power almost fully charged, since they can gain so much distance.

The main thing with perks is you have to balance them around all Killers. Better Killers are mildly annoyed by DS, but worse Killers have to be careful of it lest they have an extra 30 seconds added to a chase.

Where did I 'contradict' myself, anyways?

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited January 2021

If you are confident in your looping - bring in a green key. Ammount of killers who throw the game just to kill people bringing in a key is really dumbfounding... and you know what is the worst part? They still get the 4k, because randos just refuse to do gens, even with my kindred on xD. This happens on red ranks as often like it does on others... The hell is this?!

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Being able to kill a survivor off of one hook is ripe for tunneling and cheat gameplay. Imagine if survivors were able escape with 4 exit gates at 2 generators left, simply due to one measly offering.

• i think a potato has more IQ than you. Re-read what you said fam

• Critical_Fish

I said I go out of my way to not use it? I don't like using it, plain and simple. Except Adrenaline cuz that's the real OP perk, I don't really use second chance perks.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

No thanks. Don't use moris as I like a challenge and they made solo survivor unwinnable.

• SasukeKun

right but other's due and not only that but times 4, all these crazy comparisons i see but even still it's fair in my eyes because its 4 v 1 and you can do great things with voice chat. The escape rate was low before? you just had more people complaining about it

• SasukeKun

Absolutely not even back when i was playing when you'd get downed ONCE and have the threat of being mori'd id still have games where id win and lose. Get better

• simple as that lmao get better for 90% of the comments here xD the point of the game is to KILL survivors not have them play running simulator xD i down you i want the opportunity to KILL you like the game was INTENDED to do. Make the pinks more rare ezpz be able to down a survivor and kill them but no dont even get me started with game mods lmao Friday the 13th is more viable than this game at this point at least there they had a competent team and made a actual ya know horror game

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I literally only saw them used with top tier add ons like Iri head or a stacked slowdown Freddy. Never seen a good killer use an ebony mori. They always suck absolute ass at chases and use it to make up for their lack of skill.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I'm solo survivor and I miss the pressure a mori would put on my team to play seriously. They now have 0 effect other than increasing teabagging from survivors that know it won't happen.

• Critical_Fish

Just because you're too bad to get 2 hooks and a down after tunneling off the second hook, then avoiding all forms of stopping the hook for free, doesn't mean moris are useless.

• Critical_Fish

We get it, you have so many hours and ######### but can't get good. Yes moris were a free 4k, not particularly a win but still a 4k.

Now they're nerfed, boohoo. Survivors have keys, which guarantee a max of 2 escapes most of the time. If its 3 or more they would've probably escaped anyways. Yes, keys need a nerf, but not as much of a nerf as moris needed.

• SasukeKun

You weren't playing when you could get mori'd at the start were you? god help you'd quit lol

• Critical_Fish

No of course I wasn't, and I'm glad I wasn't. It was OP enough when it required 1 hook. You'd quit if DS was still as it used to be after they actually balanced something for once, and original DS was still more balanced than the first nerf of moris.

• SasukeKun

you're sittin here defending DS still?? Its OP that's it, it was Op then and its op now, the only time it was okay was when they nerfed the timer of the stun

• still miss the point of the game to ya know kill survivors

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

No. If they revert moris back to requiring just 1 hook again I will quit this game. That WILL be the final straw for me. There is so much more that needs to be done to balance the power difference between killers and survivors. The mori change was a small step in the right direction. It was insanely unfair and extremely unfun to play against. It was so bad I can't tell you how many times I just closed the game and didn't think about playing it again for awhile. Moris should NOT be easy to do and they SHOULD be a rare thing that happens.

• KateMain86

Keys are not a problem and they are not unfair. They are literally a backup plan for when you're out of options or you get enough generators done (remember keys are conditional) and hope you find the hatch with whoever else is still alive before you're found. If you're solo playing good luck getting your team to even see you have a key let alone make it to the hatch with you.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

Naw, they just need to nerf keys. Mori nerf was needed, but they were nerfed too hard, imho.

What should have happened to the iri moris and keys:

Mori: once you have hook all survivors at least once, you may kill any survivor by your hand (this way, the mori doesn't promote early game tunnelling and the survivors can counter without keys by heavily protecting at least 1 player from being hooked)

Keys: if at least 2 survivors have been killed, this key may be used to open the hatch. Hatch only spawns when the exit gates are powered, 3 generators have been repaired with only 1 survivor remaining, or 4 generators have been repaired with 2 survivors remaining.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

No keys are unfair they're a free escape that'll allow a escape that shouldn't have happened. There's been many instances nowhere multiple survivors can escape through the hatch especially with the offering to decide where it goes.

• SasukeKun

Keys are unfair, you click and escape how is that not unfair? In most stand offs spam clicking makes survs win. You even have a perk that tells you where it is. Not to mention map markers and maps and voicechat. Survivors need a hard kick in the ass to balance this game

• KateMain86

And you literally can see that offering before the match even starts or in the match by looking at the match details. Again, thats on you and not the key holder. They are NOT a free escape. REMINDER that keys are conditional. A key escape IS an escape that should happen because the conditions were met to allow the survivor to use it. Do you honestly think the door play should be the only option for a survivor to escape? I hope not. The doors so often spawn so close to each other that you will never get them open in time especially against a killer with extra mobility. It should be a challenge for killers to 4k and part of that challenge should be killers dealing with the possibility of survivors having more than 1 way to escape. You already go into the match with so much more power than the survivors. There is no reason whatsoever to nerf keys.

• KateMain86

No. Survivors need a strong BUFF in this game to attract more people to it and to play survivor. Killers already have more than enough to motivate people to play them. Survivors have the risk of being face camped and tunneled which doesn't make for a very fun experience and certainly won't make people want to play survivor. If anything survivors need more fun stuff in their arsenal to use against the killer.

That perk you mentioned about being able to see the hatch literally only works when you're the last person alive and serves no other purpose. The survivor takes the risk of using up a perk slot in the hope it'll be of use to them in the right situation. More than 1 survivor alive in the end game? Well good luck with your now only 3 perks that may or may not even be helpful then. KEYS ARE CONDITIONAL! Yes it makes sense that they can press a button and instantly escape through the hatch. Why? Because the conditions were met and the killer let someone with a key get to the point where they can even use them. Keys are not a problem in this game. They are SO risky to even play because if a killer sees a key in your hand good luck not being hard focused and tunneled off hooks because oh no can't let the key holder play the game and have fun too. If a survivor escapes using a key they deserve it. If they didn't do much that match they depip and you'll probably eventually not get matched with them again.

• WishIcouldmain

Oh guest I was crazy when I had three games where I lost 2 kills each cause keys don't need to be nerfed, yeah in high ranks you'll get keys commonly.

• KateMain86

You're not crazy. You just played in a way that let the survivors get enough objectives done to be able to use the key. They are conditional. Don't forget that. They also have to find the hatch if they don't have a map or left behind perk. I really don't see keys that often let alone get used if they do play one. Usually they are found in a chest and the other survivors don't even know unless they're shown it by the survivor. I don't play keys that often anymore because I know its a high risk of being tunneled or hard focused the entire match which is not fun. If I do play a key I like to set it up where I have the best possible chance to use it but even then its very risky and again, very conditional.

• SasukeKun

Yeah and that's why also the que times for survivor are horrendous, 9 minutes and up because nobody wants to play it cuz it needs a buff

• WishIcouldmain
    edited January 2021

Oh I guess that's why killer que times are so short because so many people wanna play the easy killer experience. And survivor is so hard that's why they have such long que times. What you said doesn't make sense with how que times go. So if survivor is so hard why do they have long que times? And if killer is so easy why do they have short que times? You're proposing the opposite of what the game needs to fix.

• SasukeKun

I love when they also hide with the keys until you find the hatch and all they gotta do is click

• IMAFEEISH
    IMAFEEISH Member Posts: 87

Ah yes because I love being severely punished for playing the game with my friends.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited January 2021

Won't work, swf will have one player hide and against swf's you need to be efficient

the nerf the devs gave us was boring but it was the best one for balance since it affects all players equally regardless of swf.

As for keys they need to take time to open hatch and give the killer a way to find out that the hatch is being attempted, anything resembling instant free escapes with keys is not good as that is the reason keys are so strong in the first place.

• 3loen
    3loen Member Posts: 11

"I liked to punish people" I think that's probably the gist of this whole argument tbh. Sure, it wasn't the best change that could have been made but I'm glad they did it. It doesn't always guarantee an easy win, specifically with very good survivors, but it removed a lot of the gameplay on both sides and put an unfair amount of power in the hands of the killer if they decide to play scummy. Regardless of how many kills or points they get.

• SasukeKun

you need to take a hard look at what power survivors have in their hands as of recently when it comes to SWF and all their perks in unison. It's 4 v 1. By default the killer should have a shadow of power over the survivors

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Yes bring back people dcing in the loading screen when they see a secret offering and if you do get a match watching everyone get tunnelled and killed off first hook. Ahh yes good times.

• SasukeKun

that has nothing to do with balance, killers in horror movies go after you and kill you. They dont play by a survivor handbook cuz you hate losing

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

If you think getting infinite loading screens 90% of the time people used them and if you do get into a solo match and having your teammates out of the match as soon as they get unhooked everytime causing them to also dc whenever they see a secret offering is fun and balanced then I don't know what to tell you. There's a reason why the majority of people who main killer at a high level didn't use them unless they were going against a know sweat squad or a toxic team. But I guess you're right and there wrong. Even the biggest content creators like otz, monto, Scott jund etc all said they were unbalanced and needed to be changed.

• BlooperReel
    BlooperReel Member Posts: 127

I don't see why they should.

Old moris were just, get it and go, game ends in like 5 minutes or less

New moris require you to actually put in effort (that or tunnel off hook, sweat for the 4k my dude).

I really praised Pyramid Head's Final Judgement for the same system (not that I get much of a chance to use it since it's situational, not that moris should be.) Overall, I'd say new moris are more balanced and fun to go against. Especially if they've been taunting you all game, then it feels like karma rather than master's rightfully just hand of beatings

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

It was the best change but it was boring.

try to come up with a better idea or look at other idea's, I haven't seen a single one that nerfs mori's and makes them not exploitable by the killer or survivors other than simply increasing the number of hooks to mori a survivor to 2.

• SasukeKun

you already had to sweat for the 4k, if it isn't eazy for survivors to escape then there's an issue. It needs to be the other way around

• SasukeKun

If you've played in the past this is ez pz mode compared. No but survivors get the crutch because of mass complaints instead of maybe getting some practice. I've brought Mori and Darkest moonlight and had survivors out juke me. Plenty of times even, it's not difficult survivors just cry

• BlooperReel
    BlooperReel Member Posts: 127

I don't even see how that's remotely true. I've used ebony moris, you just had to hook them once and it was basically over for them. Rinse and repeat three more times.

Honestly, with the decreased pallet spawns and inclusions of silly pallets, I could see old moris ending the game real [BAD WORD] fast.

I really don't see the problem honestly. If you're getting outplayed with an ebony mori, that's not a flaw with the mori, that's a skill difference that places you on the losing side. Moris are moris bud, if you can't 4k with an ebony, that's not the mori being too weak.

• SasukeKun

you must be going up against bad players then, i've been ran around and had survivors not get hooked once, it's not impossible. Both ways but i still lean towards survivors are holding way to much power in trials. That's a reason why survivor que's are so long because nobody wants to play killer