Revert the Mori Change Devs

Options

Comments

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

LMAO

Ebony moris were game breaking, plain and simple. But yeah, survivors are the ones who suck.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

you just don't have the key on you? or in swf cases your told they have franklins.

smart survivors don't hold onto keys until they know if franklins is in the trial and that is if they didn't last second switch as it's pretty uncommon to face a killer using franklins if they see no keys or FL's are brought to the game and last second switching can't be reacted to by switching perks, if the killer is prepared good on them but that is rare.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    Options

oh no i don't NEED a mori. I liked using mori's, i could say the same thing about people who can't live without Dead hard or self care or adrenaline or unbreakable, DS, now there's power struggle ontop of SWF

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,196
    Options

Well we can agree to disagree I guess , but I just know anytime I run Hag items or not I run Franklin's as a just in case for last second switching or keys found in game

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY FOR THE MORI CHANGE!

• AChaoticKiller
    Options

Unless i see like all survivors with items i never use franklins on my hag, i like to be optimal. I understand not all survivors are like i describe im just saying that a key is as broken as it's user or user's (in swf) make it. you can play safe by last second switching and drop it off somewhere safe or be dumb and equip it before you join a match so the killer can put on franklins.

• SasukeKun
    Options

More about this and less about "Free wins" which mori's do not guarantee

• SasukeKun
    Options

again, people complaining how Mori's gave you a free win and now they don't lol okay. cuz 15k and entity displeased is a free win

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

I was with you there right until you said you were in an SWF!

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,097
    Options

Doesn't matter I'll just run tombstone myers now. I haven't use a mori since the eternal blight event. I had people dc over a shroud of separation.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,447
    Options

I only ever used them when people were playing like jerks or they were on death hook so it really doesn't bother me too much. I do like that you can't be tunneled out of the game instantly anymore. not gonna stop people from tunneling though..

It might stop the Mori=DC garbage that's been going on

• AChaoticKiller
    Options

If your a good killer a mori is a guaranteed win the second you decide so unless it is way too late.

I can count all the times i lost when using a ebony mori in all my time in dbd on one hand. sure i don't use them often but the hundred or so times i have i can only recall about 1 time i lost from just playing bad and i'll be generous and triple that for you, not enough? even if you lose 10% of the games you use a mori that still falls into almost every time you win so calling it guaranteed isn't unreasonable.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

Why does it matter that Mories have been nerfed "again"?

DS has been nerfed numerous times and there are still posts daily about how "op" it is, and how it needs changing.

• palletsarefun94
    palletsarefun94 Member Posts: 5
    Options

I'm not saying I'm in an swf, im just throwing out a situation, like then you have to sit there for however long it takes for that match to end, thats what I'm talking about with swf.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

I agree, revert them until you have a key rework ready.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

Yes, but think about it. First of all, that is not fun for the survivor about to be killed, and second, it favors the rest of the match to the killer. But it takes very little skill to have this happen. All you do is ignore the BT and down them again, or just straight up down them with help from insidious or stealth as a stealth killer. Of course, I am not saying that if you run a mori then you have 0 skill, but the fact that moriiing survivors like that is so easy makes it pretty unbalanced. Keys are also pretty BS too.

As for the points, they just need to make some changes for both sides honestly. It is so hard for some killers and a bit tricky for survivors in general to get a good amount of points.

• Calabrum
    Calabrum Member Posts: 102
    Options

What ranks are you playing against for 10 to 15 minute matches? Rank 15-20s? What a joke. High lvl play matches can end in 4-5 mins. Which is dumb, because now the gap for viable to nonviable killers has widened further. Sometimes if you just wanted to have fun with a less viable killer with a fun build you had to remove a survivor from the game early. Does it suck for the person that died? Obviously... But the point remains that the reason for the early mori remains unaddressed by the development team, which is why most of the killer community is very upset. Thats because it was in some instances, literally the only thing you could do at high lvl play to narrow the gap in viability. That they didn't address keys at the same time as the mori change was just the icing on an already rotten cake. Oh, and Otz is not the be all or end all for DBD. Let people have their own opinions, and discover things for themselves. And remember, killers have just as much right to have fun as survivors. If killers aren't having fun this game will eventually die. I don't care how many releases they have or what skins they put out. The most recent patch has been arguable the worst since 2016. And the lack of polish is really starting to drive people off.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

I'm sorry that you're so entitled to the point you think you deserve free wins. Cry me a river.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,972
    Options

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

no

• SasukeKun
    Options

all the same i don't wanna play by the survivors rules so, they changing this game to loop and live till daylight or i dc it looks like with some of these players

• SasukeKun
    Options

No i don't agree with this because you have to hook them first, it already denied DS because of this...now with it being on 2nd they get a whole other 60 seconds if invincibility if they want to save it. You know what saves time? moring after the first hook, "the goalposts of the match" its part of the game! You die and go to the next one! Only dying by hooks is the lamest ######### feature ever. I want more ways of danger and death in this game, its so boring

• Rydog
    Options

Right, since it's not a hook.

My big assumption about the mori is that the original main design intention was its thematic effect. It now does that in a better way, without being a big goalpost-destroying gamebreaker. Balance-wise, this thing was the Mind Twist of Dead by Daylight, if there are any real old Magic: The Gathering players out there who understand that reference. :D

• SasukeKun
    Options

It does proc, you have to hook them first which procs bbq, unless you're talking about another round of seeing their aura's possibly.

• Rydog
    edited December 2020
    Options

I don't think you are understanding what I mean when I use the "moving goalposts" idiom. it changes the boundaries and victory conditions of a match super-drastically from what is commonly understood or reasonably expected. And it does this in a way that no other game option does.

Tell me: How would you feel if there were an item that enabled survivors to begin a match with two gens already completed? That is what red moris did for the killer.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 539
    Options

How would you suggest they "deal with" loops? Are survivors meant to run in straight lines? How is BHVR meant to "deal with" 'Unbreakable', a perk that lets you get yourself up once per game?

Power struggle? What the hell is that?

• Vetrathene
    Options

Why didn’t they release the key fix at the same time by waiting? And those are all niche uses for the new mori; and still leaves it’s value at less then a penny. I.e worthless

• Rydog
    edited December 2020
    Options

People have this byzantine notion of game balance needing to revolve around addressing whatever subjective inequities they hold to be true, or somehow delivering some sort of justice (i.e. the whole "survivor main" and "killer main" mentality). Balance is not about that, it's about overall game health.

They can't "deal with" loops, because that is an intended and expected core game mechanic. They can make some loops more or less risky for one role or another, and they have been steadily doing that with their map redesigns. Some maps and some tiles are always going to favor survivors, or specific killers. That is just how this wheel turns, especially with this many variables in the game.

They can't "deal with" queuing up with your friends, because the only solution is to take it out of the game, and that would have a drastic negative impact on the game's player base. Also, people playing together aren't getting the ginormous advantage you imagine they are, most of the time.

They can't "deal with" body blocks or Dead Hard or Unbreakable or whatever, because those are mechanics that are intended to exist this way. The way to deal with body blocks -- which is a protection tactic -- is to hit survivors who are doing it. The way to deal with Dead Hard is to bait it out and learn to time your hits well. The way to deal with Unbreakable is to pick a survivor up and hook them. It's like everybody just wants everything to be Ken vs. Ryu.

(Also @SasukeKun since I am responding to their grievances in this post.)

• Rydog
    edited December 2020
    Options

See my post above this one re: imagined sense of justice/inequity as it pertains to addressing game health.

There is no reason that a fix for one issue should hold up a fix for a different issue.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited December 2020
    Options

Did you just unironically list Power Struggle and body blocking as problematic things in the game

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

I guess me 4king the majority of my Matches without a Mori means that they are necessary in order to win. Everyone who played this game for at least 2 minutes and has a functional brain will say that Mori's were overpowered in their pre nerf state. How can you defend them? Are you the occasional Freddy Main with Spam Snares/Slowdown Add-Ons and Ebony Mori or don't you just see that Moris were always overpowered?

• Vetrathene
    Options

You got some screenshots to back this up? Also your skill may not equate to the majority of killers. Which with how the devs have said before they balance this game; shouldn’t that what buffing and nerfing killers are based off? Oh wait no that’s only survivors.

• Drywatr
    Drywatr Member Posts: 135
    Options

Yikes! This change is healthy for the game and fun fact moris dont equal keys. Plenty of good killers dont need moris to kill key players. As someone who loves using moris and getting moried i appreciate the change. Makes you have to work for it where before i got kills to easy. Dont like the changes? You have 3 options!

1. Keep playing but be annoyed

2. Only play survivor

Or 3. Play something else. This change will not be reverted. Get used to it or move on. Way to many good games out to not!

• Pig_Is_Pog
    Pig_Is_Pog Member Posts: 222
    Options

if your saying that you want moris reverted chances are your one of the people that made them an issue.

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254
    Options

Ok so let's say mori's stay like this but are now just part of the killers abilities instead of a offering. Would that be a fair compromise?

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited December 2020
    Options

losing tokens makes it worthless against swf int hat one too, plus 4 hooks is a ridiculous amount to thin a swf herd quickly enough to be useful, that's not better than devour since devour lets you one shot them too. and if they gett he hex too soon just afk if they play like an annoying comms group. It's not like you'll be the one sitting waiting for the next match for over ten minutes afterwards

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894
    Options

At this point, Mori should just be basekit. What's even the point of Yellow Mori?

• derppug
    derppug Member Posts: 239
    Options

Yes...doing what the perk does = procing. So yes lmao thats what im talking about

• Sociopathic_Dan
    Sociopathic_Dan Member Posts: 2
    Options

This is why I feel like if a survivor changes anything before everyone is ready they should add an extra 10 seconds to the timer so the killer could adjust accordingly

This is why when a survivor changes anything in the killer lobby the timer should go up by 10 seconds so the killer has some time to change perks accordingly

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841
    Options

If you need a mori to win a match, alongside your meta perk slow-down Freddy build, you're just bad at the game lol.

Mori's were OP, all the salt from the trash killers is making me cry from laughter.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

Sorry that you have to tunnel survivors twice for the mori. :(

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited December 2020
    Options

Don't put words in my mouth. That's not at all what I'm saying. What I'm saying is you have to be bad very very bad to lose with one. Even with most bad killers, it's a free win.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

this what I thinking bring them now is pointless you got to do them on 2nd hook and you get less points POINTLESS.

just make them basekit now. get rid of the offering.

• shookhook76
    shookhook76 Member Posts: 3
    Options

I'm just curious survivors can use comms to stay in contact with each other during a trial leaving the killer at a huge disadvantage.that to me seems like the best perk in the game it is something the killer can do absolutely nothing about to me as long as bhvr does nothing about that they should not touch a thing on the killers.If you are a survivor main that runs a swf with comms you have alot of balls talking about nerfing these mori or anything else on a killer cause not sure if you realise it but you are cheating its straight up cheating so until you put the comms down an play the game the way its suppose to be your opinions an suggestions mean squat sure a mori can end a match real quick it still isn't cheating it's just killer mains using what bhvr has provided for us to play the game the way it was intended.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

Mori's being changed is not a bad thing and as many people have said already: if you're needing to use a mori to get a kill, you probably need to practice killer more.

• ColaGhost
    ColaGhost Member Posts: 36
    Options

DbD players upset about changes.

In other news: Water, wet.