If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Are There Any LGBTQ Survivors In The Game Or Planning To Be

Options
TheLegendDyl4n1
TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
edited October 2018 in Lore

i asked this in the questions for the Q and A but it was one of the non-picked ones (i wonder why). like are any of the survivors in the game now LGBTQ and if not are you planning on there being any? any one have any ideas or seen things that sugest there is? i would say Nea is a lesbian but you never know cause she could be MTF (male to female trans) and Dwight could be Gay. Anyone think of people they want to be LGBTQ in this game's lore?

Post edited by TheLegendDyl4n1 on

Comments

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    Options
    Dwight isn't gay just a loser

Claudette is a introvert so no telling

Ace personality says he likes women who sell their body

Adam is Straight or he would if been executed 

The only one who I think is lesbian is they one who dresses masculine 
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@Rebel_Raven said:
    I think sexual orientation is the last thing on the minds of survivors. 
    Especially when sex gets you killed in horror movies.

I'm not opposed to the idea at all, mind you.

But consider this. In any given trial there can be multiple of the same survivor.
    It's like they're being pulled in from alternate worlds, or some such as they can be different and exist at the same time. One Nea has her default outfit, the other Nea is in ripped tights, green flannel and a pixie cut.

So statistically some survivors of some part of the multiverse have to be LGBTQ, I'd say. Not all of them, or anything like that.

Maybe they keep sexual orientation vague for a reason?

well i would like to know if there are and if there are they should add it into there description because if there was then people might want to play them more than others because they can relate to them. i do say that in the entire entitys universe yes there are LGBTQ survivors but im wondering if there are any in the game now that are LGBTQ. i mean.... what do you think they do at the campfire from time to time ;)

• pureleeawesome
    pureleeawesome Member Posts: 30
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    what do you think they do at the campfire from time to time ;)

Pray for deliverance from The Entity AS THEY SHOULD.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@pureleeawesome said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    what do you think they do at the campfire from time to time ;)

Pray for deliverance from The Entity AS THEY SHOULD.

they can pray for deliverance all they want but it still wont work. hehehehehe

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@Beverly said:
    Obviously it has never been confirmed that a certain survivor is LGBTQ, but we are given very little backstory on each one and how they ended up in the world of the entity. In many ways, this allows you to make your own assumptions in regards to their orientation. We don't know much about their day to day life (With the exception of licensed character of course), meaning it's all up in the air.
    If they choose to make a character that has a certain preference in a partner, I would just hope that they don't make it the sole focus that they build their backstory off of. There's many more interesting things about a person than just their sexual preference!

well it doesnt need to be the sole focus but if they were to just confirm it than it would be nice

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    Nea gives off that vibe a little bit.

Also maybe Myers. I've seen the way he stops and stares at me.... >_<
  • Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187
    Options

I certainly hope they don't confirm any of the character's sexuality.

All my fanfic would have to go out the window. ;_;

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options
    Dwight X David forever. I dont care if it's not true, one can hope!
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@knoblin said:

first this is lore its the point of getting out of the game and into its roots. second if you dont care about the lore and only about the gameplay then STAY OUT OF THE LORE AREA AND YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT

I care about the lore, but it literally makes no [BAD WORD] difference at all to anything, the lore, the game or the characters. If the devs do it great, but it makes no difference to anything.

ok so again stay out of the lore section if you dont want to make lore

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    Nea gives off that vibe a little bit.

Also maybe Myers. I've seen the way he stops and stares at me.... >_<

this is what i wanted from this post lol not all the hate

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@PigNRun said:
    Uh, dont you mean LGBTRPXDÑÜなぬ£:)@99Ω? Jeez, so insensitive.

LGBTQ is not just lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgenders, and queer but includes everyone that is not strait it just doesnt have all of the other letters because everyone gets the just of it being people that arent strait

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@PolarBear said:
    Why are you interested in the sexual orientation of the survivors? What does it matter if a character is LGBTQ or not it hardly affect the lore of the game. There are much more interesting questions to be asked.

why is your picture of the wraith? it doesnt matter what question i ask because i can ask whatever i want you know? freedom of speech. what i ask is in the games rules so if you dont care about the question then dont say anything on the post

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@Mc_Harty said:
    Sexual preference does not matter in this game.

If it bothers you that much just pretend they're whatever you want them to be. Tumblr is already doing that.

it doesnt matter what question i ask because i can ask whatever i want you know? freedom of speech. what i ask is in the games rules so if you dont care about the question then dont say anything on the post

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@Orion said:
    It's irrelevant, and I doubt the devs have given it any thought. Just pretend they're the same orientation you are, whatever that is.

it doesnt matter what question i ask because i can ask whatever i want you know? freedom of speech. what i ask is in the games rules so if you dont care about the question then dont say anything on the post

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options

@Rebel_Raven said:
    I think sexual orientation is the last thing on the minds of survivors. 
    Especially when sex gets you killed in horror movies.

I'm not opposed to the idea at all, mind you.

But consider this. In any given trial there can be multiple of the same survivor.
    It's like they're being pulled in from alternate worlds, or some such as they can be different and exist at the same time. One Nea has her default outfit, the other Nea is in ripped tights, green flannel and a pixie cut.

So statistically some survivors of some part of the multiverse have to be LGBTQ, I'd say. Not all of them, or anything like that.

Maybe they keep sexual orientation vague for a reason?

well i would like to know if there are and if there are they should add it into there description because if there was then people might want to play them more than others because they can relate to them. i do say that in the entire entitys universe yes there are LGBTQ survivors but im wondering if there are any in the game now that are LGBTQ. i mean.... what do you think they do at the campfire from time to time ;)

I don't believe they will take a hard stance on sexual orientation. We get enough Lee way to make our survivors our own, imo. 

We may never know what survivors do around the camp fire. It's left up to our imaginations, and that might be for the best. You can imagine your survivor roster doing what ever you want instead of having their background telling you how it is.

I understand the idea of relating to your characters more. Immersion is awesome. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@Mc_Harty said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

Did I say your question didn't matter?

No, I said whomever the survivors want to [BAD WORD] doesn't matter. This is a slasher game, not a dating simulator.

Read other comments, he's just regurgitating the same response to anyone who expresses anything that he perceives to be anywhere near the realm of a negative opinion of him or his thread.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

@Orion said:
    Read other comments, he's just regurgitating the same response to anyone who expresses anything that he perceives to be anywhere near the realm of a negative opinion of him or his thread.

So either a troll or a snowflake.

K then.

• Orion
    Options

@Mc_Harty said:

@Orion said:

So either a troll or a snowflake.

K then.

Yup. And I say this as a bisexual man currently dating a homosexual man.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@Plippy said:
    I certainly hope they don't confirm any of the character's sexuality.

All my fanfic would have to go out the window. ;_;

lol if they did your fanfiction could still exist lol. i mean we all know KJ Apa is strait but there is still gay fanfiction ;)

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Options
    Actually they are all gay AND all straight lore wise.

Why? Because it has been confirmed alternate reality versions exist within the entity which allows for the multiple dwights etc.

Which means, there is a straight shirtless jake for every gay shirtless for every bi shirtless jake and so on forever and ever amen.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

@Terrortot said:

Why? Because it has been confirmed alternate reality versions exist within the entity which allows for the multiple dwights etc.

Which means, there is a straight shirtless jake for every gay shirtless for every bi shirtless jake and so on forever and ever amen.

Multiple versions of the same Survivor was said to be purely a game design choice, not tied to the lore.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@Terrortot said:

Multiple versions of the same Survivor was said to be purely a game design choice, not tied to the lore.

Does it matter one way or another?

As long as people aren't forcing their ideal survivors on one another, let them have their fun, I figure.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@Terrortot said:

Actually they said initially it had been introduced as a game mechanic, but the also stated it was reasonable to attribute that mentioned lore as a reason for their multiple outfits and multiple appearances in a gaming session.

As for specific sexual preferences, I don’t think we will get those because of the fluidity of of characters and their origins/alternate versions. It would be nice to have specific representation, but I think that it won’t be covered because they aren’t going to touch on that aspect in this game, straight or gay, etc.

If they do, it would be neato, but I feel it’s not needed.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    As a girl who likes girls I refuse to believe Nea is straight. 

And Spirit and Hag are girlfriends. 
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

As others have asked before: why does it matter? What would it give you to know someone's sexual orientation in this game? That's really not the part their lore or back-story should focus on as it's irrelevant to the game. If this were some triple-x homage of Dead by Daylight, it would be a different story.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@DocOctober said:
    As others have asked before: why does it matter? What would it give you to know someone's sexual orientation in this game? That's really not the part their lore or back-story should focus on as it's irrelevant to the game. If this were some triple-x homage of Dead by Daylight, it would be a different story.

any lore related question can be asked here so again as i will say you need to leave the lore area if your going to complain about every lore related question you dont like or cant comprehend

• DocOctober
    Options

@DocOctober said:

any lore related question can be asked here so again as i will say you need to leave the lore area if your going to complain about every lore related question you dont like or cant comprehend

Maybe you should leave instead since you continuously refuse to answer an honest question.
  • notthebasement
    notthebasement Member Posts: 19
    Options

I have all kinds of favourite ships, m/m, f/f and m/f. Having them confirmed would be nice, but having them destroyed by devs would be incredibly awkward... just remember how people got upset when the obvious was said about certain survivor/killer ship on a stream.

Setting sexualities is walking on eggshells. Make them LGBT and forum people will become crybabies, but boy don't you dare make them straight because Tumblr will go batshit crazy. I don't know why, because they never listen to canon.

I think it's fun that we get to choose their sexualities based on our own ideas and experiences. But if they did choose to pick sexualities for them, I would hope for them not to make the character just exist to be some stereotypical (insert sexuality). They've been lacking interesting characters lately so doing something like that would be a mistake.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@DocOctober said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@DocOctober said:

Maybe you should leave instead since you continuously refuse to answer an honest question.

you mean why does it matter? it matters because i want to know and so do some others. just because you dont like my question doesnt mean you have the right to say my question doesnt deserve to be answered or acknowledged

• Orion
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    just because you dont like my question doesnt mean you have the right to say my question doesnt deserve to be answered or acknowledged

Literally nobody said that. That's just your paranoia speaking.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    just because you dont like my question doesnt mean you have the right to say my question doesnt deserve to be answered or acknowledged

@DocOctober said the question didnt matter and the devs didnt need to waste time about it

• Orion
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@DocOctober said the question didnt matter and the devs didnt need to waste time about it

No, he asked you why you think it matters, asked what you gained from knowing it, and then said it wasn't a part of the lore that impacts the game. You're reading things that aren't there.

• xmenfanatic
    Options

@DocOctober said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@DocOctober said:

You’ve already been given an answer, it seems you’re just struggling to comprehend it.

It matters because of representation. And I absolutely disagree, it should not only be implemented if this site were some triple x homage. That’s grossly ignorant. Why should it only be relevant if there’s gonna be a over sexualized fan base? Queer characters can show intimacy without getting oversexualized, and that association of it needing hyper sexalization and only being valid in that circumstance is rather inappropriate.

This game is about showing people from different walks of life struggle to survive. I’d like to know because it’s just as interesting a detail to me as Claudette being a botany student, or meg being a runner who didn’t pursue her dreams to take care of her mother.

It doesn’t have to be the mai aspect of a character’s identity, but it is valid to view it as an element that would critically shape the experiences of the survivor and thus influence their personality and position in life.

Last, I don’t understand why you’re posting here asking why the sexuality matter s here, but not posting over in the “Claudette’s love interest” thread making the same points. The fact you are only posting about this issue in a thread about lgbtq representation and not in threads talking about romance and sex in general appears like your issue is focused on the lgbtq element itself and not about representation of romance and sexuality.

• DocOctober
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

No, he asked you why you think it matters, asked what you gained from knowing it, and then said it wasn't a part of the lore that impacts the game. You're reading things that aren't there.

^That

And quite frankly, @TheLegendDyl4n1 regarding the attitude you portray in this thread, you are part of why some people dislike those identifying as LGBTQ.

• DocOctober
    Options

@xmenfanatic said:

@DocOctober said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@DocOctober said:

You’ve already been given an answer, it seems you’re just struggling to comprehend it.

It matters because of representation. And I absolutely disagree, it should not only be implemented if this site were some triple x homage. That’s grossly ignorant. Why should it only be relevant if there’s gonna be a over sexualized fan base? Queer characters can show intimacy without getting oversexualized, and that association of it needing hyper sexalization and only being valid in that circumstance is rather inappropriate.

This game is about showing people from different walks of life struggle to survive. I’d like to know because it’s just as interesting a detail to me as Claudette being a botany student, or meg being a runner who didn’t pursue her dreams to take care of her mother.

It doesn’t have to be the mai aspect of a character’s identity, but it is valid to view it as an element that would critically shape the experiences of the survivor and thus influence their personality and position in life.

Last, I don’t understand why you’re posting here asking why the sexuality matter s here, but not posting over in the “Claudette’s love interest” thread making the same points. The fact you are only posting about this issue in a thread about lgbtq representation and not in threads talking about romance and sex in general appears like your issue is focused on the lgbtq element itself and not about representation of romance and sexuality.

My issue lies with people wanting to be represented at all cost and especially for the sake of it, which OP's request is.

As for Claudette's love interest, I don't post in every single thread on this forum. My "interest" in this thread was mainly its title and that my buddy Orion was the last one to post in it when I saw it.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

^That

And quite frankly, @TheLegendDyl4n1 regarding the attitude you portray in this thread, you are part of why some people dislike those identifying as LGBTQ.

you can dislike it all you want but it doesnt matter to you if it doesnt effect you which it doesnt. so if your not going to participate in the subject which is "like are any of the survivors in the game now LGBTQ and if not are you planning on there being any? any one have any ideas or seen things that sugest there is?" i also talked about what i thought and asked what people thought on the subject

• DocOctober
    edited October 2018
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@DocOctober said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

^That

you can dislike it all you want but it doesnt matter to you if it doesnt effect you which it doesnt. so if your not going to participate in the subject which is "like are any of the survivors in the game now LGBTQ and if not are you planning on there being any? any one have any ideas or seen things that sugest there is?" i also talked about what i thought and asked what people thought on the subject

And I gave you my opinion on it: it doesn't matter to the game as your request is simply for the sake of being represented. That should never be the main reason for why an LGBTQ character is added to a game.

• xmenfanatic
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

^That

Representation is an incredibly important aspect of human culture, and important for marketing when it comes to expanding your target audience. As someone who is queer, it would make me happy to see someone I can relate to on a deeper level who is in this scenario.

Specifically I have experienced trauma related to being queer, and I literally use this game sometimes as a form of relief and therapy. There’s something healing about being in a safe space and using a survival horror game to relieve an assault experience and survive. Especially unscratched.

My trauma doesn’t specifically lie with just being queer, but other crazy experiences as a child related to a neigbor next door with a knife. So horror games and horror movies in general work as a sort of therapeutic experience for me. But to reiterate it would be nice to see someone who I can relate to a little more when playing survivor.

@DocOctober said:

@xmenfanatic said:

@DocOctober said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@DocOctober said:

My issue lies with people wanting to be represented at all cost and especially for the sake of it, which OP's request is.

As for Claudette's love interest, I don't post in every single thread on this forum. My "interest" in this thread was mainly its title and that my buddy Orion was the last one to post in it when I saw it.

Wanting to be represented at all costs? What did they sacrifice or “pay” or say should be given up for the chance to have a queer character? I don’t recall them saying anything should be removed from lore or taken away to have that representation

• DocOctober
    Options

@xmenfanatic said:

@DocOctober said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

^That

Representation is an incredibly important aspect of human culture, and important for marketing when it comes to expanding your target audience. As someone who is queer, it would make me happy to see someone I can relate to on a deeper level who is in this scenario.

Specifically I have experienced trauma related to being queer, and I literally use this game sometimes as a form of relief and therapy. There’s something healing about being in a safe space and using a survival horror game to relieve an assault experience and survive. Especially unscratched.

My trauma doesn’t specifically lie with just being queer, but other crazy experiences as a child related to a neigbor next door with a knife. So horror games and horror movies in general work as a sort of therapeutic experience for me. But to reiterate it would be nice to see someone who I can relate to a little more when playing survivor.

@DocOctober said:

@xmenfanatic said:

@DocOctober said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@DocOctober said:

Wanting to be represented at all costs? What did they sacrifice or “pay” or say should be given up for the chance to have a queer character? I don’t recall them saying anything should be removed from lore or taken away to have that representation

It seems to me that you take the saying "at all cost" a tad too literally. I'm simply pointing out that it's OP's only argument for why a LGBTQ character should be added to this game or why someone of the existing ones should be outed as such.

It's a slasher horror game, who cares about their sexual orientation? I bet you anything that many who posted in here disagreeing with OP's request are actually LGBTQ themselves, but like Orion or myself don't feel the need to be desperately represented in every game we play just for the sake of being represented.

• xmenfanatic
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@xmenfanatic said:

@DocOctober said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

^That

@DocOctober said:

@xmenfanatic said:

@DocOctober said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@DocOctober said:

It seems to me that you take the saying "at all cost" a tad too literally. I'm simply pointing out that it's OP's only argument for why a LGBTQ character should be added to this game or why someone of the existing ones should be outed as such.

It's a slasher horror game, who cares about their sexual orientation? I bet you anything that many who posted in here disagreeing with OP's request are actually LGBTQ themselves, but like Orion or myself don't feel the need to be desperately represented in every game we play just for the sake of being represented.

You’re saying I’m taking your phrasing too literally but you speak with these dramatic words and phrasing’s like “desperately represented”. I don’t see why it has to be desperate, or why you’re interpreting it as desperate. The developers could easily bring that representation without negatively effecting the game or lore. It would simply be another detail about a character.

This discussion has been closed.