1234568»

Comments

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@CoolAKn said:

@Orion said:
    lol, what? Yes it [BAD WORD] did. LGBT has been a thing since the beginning of human civilization.

I think what he meant to say was wide-spread support for the LGBT community didn't really start until the 2000s, but I can't speak for him. His statement seems incomplete.

This. I meant support for it. Thus the characters from those time periods are less likily to be/express it

not really i mean most people were lgbtq+ they just hid it or commited suicide because people told them its wrong and they were wrong

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@CoolAKn said:

@Orion said:
    lol, what? Yes it [BAD WORD] did. LGBT has been a thing since the beginning of human civilization.

I think what he meant to say was wide-spread support for the LGBT community didn't really start until the 2000s, but I can't speak for him. His statement seems incomplete.

This. I meant support for it. Thus the characters from those time periods are less likily to be/express it

not really i mean most people were lgbtq+ they just hid it or commited suicide because people told them its wrong and they were wrong

That's literally what he said.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@Peasant said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

guys i really dont want to argue i just want to discuss who could be LGBTQ, why they could be, and have fun in another discussion. when people come into these discussions and say stuff like why does it matter or that its irrelevant to the game.

when you do this is saddens me because all i wanted to do was start another post about something i believe in why cant you just let me ask what i want and not campaign against it if you dont believe in it.

i want a confirmed LGBTQ character in this horror game that i have many hours into because i want to be able to relate to a character for real not just say oh this persons gay and i believe that.

so when i ask for them to confirm if in any characters lore, they believed they were LGBTQ so that i can personally relate to them for real, not just in my head its something thats reasonable.

if you dont want to talk about who you think is LGBTQ and try and find reasons why they are by looking in the current lore or coming up with lore yourself for if they were LGBTQ then leave

so, again if you dont agree with any of LGBTQ, you want to constantly go against anything any of us put, or just come up with reason after reason why this question i ask cant be added to the game's lore as a small part of it thats only one sentence long if that.

so, if you qualify as anything i said before then just go, leave, get out of this thread because no one needs you negativity in a thread thats asking for a small thing to be added that will not effect your quality of life unless you are a homophobe or transphobe or anything against LGBTQ and if you are then give good, solid reasons why its wrong to be LGBTQ (LGBTQ stands for everyone that is not strait just because there is not a letter there does not mean it is not represented) and if you can do that then go ahead and try.

i am gay, i am also a Baptist Christian going to a Christian Baptist School who believes in God. so if your argument is that it is a sin against God then your argument is invalid because we are all sinners in Gods eyes and every sin is equal.

so, if your going to be negative then just go and let me and other people who want to participate in this thread participate peacefully.

(side note if your color blind and cant read this post tell me and i will post a different version that has no color)

let me post again since people think i want to argue. if your here because your against it then why are you here? i literally said in the post we would discuss who would be LGBTQ+ and if anyone had proof of them being it before it but you didn't read the post did you? you just say add a LGBTQ+ character and that was enough for you guys arguing right? i am going to let @Wahara take this for now on since obviously no one listens to me and i dont have enough time to deal with this. also going to add i posted this reply on page 3 and look where we are now

I answered your question ages ago. People ship David and Dwight (Gay) and Nea and a number of the other girls (Lesbian). I also stated that a number of male users lust after Jake Park (Gay). You got your answers and stayed to try and a LGBTQ survivor added just for inclusion.

If you really wanna sexualize a game that has nothing to do with sex I will once again recommend you try R34 instead for what you're looking for.

im not talking about you im talking about everyone else. if i quoted you in my post then im sorry i just dont want this being taken down because its going off course.

• MichaelAMyers
    MichaelAMyers Member Posts: 292
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

i am asking for them to confirm any of them being LGBTQ+ (not just gay) so is it that hard for them to answer the question. and it does matter because i would want to be able to relate to a character more and since nea is rebelous thats why i play her because i love her story.

1. So you want confirmation over something that is trivial?
    2. It's not hard for them to answer they just dont care.
    3. If you want Nea to be gay then think it while you play just don't be trying to demand or ask for them to confirm something that doesn't really matter at all even other LGBTQ here don't care for this stuff.
    1. how is it trivial if its something that exists.
    2. didnt know know you worked on the dev team and know everyone thier individually
    3. i never said Nea i said someone. and it does matter when you say it doesnt with no facts.
    1. By definition of Trivial "of little value or importance." so yes it's trivial and something that only exists for your bias.
    2. Trust me I do and even then you being a child and dismissing everyone who disagrees is the reason why they don't care.
    3. LMAO! the facts is no one is really caring my dude stick to OBVIOUS fanfic and your imagination we in the horror community dont care for this trivial non-sense this is a HORROR VIDEO GAME not a DATING SIM and you also have absolute 0 facts vs the many who brought more argument you cant even refute.
  • MichaelAMyers
    Options

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Wahara said:
    Those are some dense paragraphs, Shrimp. I'll wait a little bit to actually try dissecting all of that, because the thoughts expressed appear a bit disjointed to me and I'm not sure how I'm going to structure my response without it looking really disorganized.

Though, I will say on the subject of arrogance, you were the one who misrepresented what I said and used it as a basis for accusing me of arrogance, so I showed you what real arrogance looks like. For what it's worth, for you in particular, I will return to base line. Your post appears to contain what seems like back pedaling, but I can genuinely see that you are trying, and see no indication that you're being intentionally obtuse. (Which is what triggers the ever living [BAD WORD] out of me) I see no reason to punish you for that. The tone is sincere. That's not to guarantee anyone else is safe from me turning the ######### switch back on. I will bring it right back up to ten once I start noticing weasel tactics.

A full response will be given tonight or tomorrow. I'm not sure yet.

You can say that I'm arrogant if you want, but I'm not the one trying to speak for a whole group of people. To make things more organized, I'll shorten my points.

1.) You said that it's harder for gay people to imagine these character's as gay compared to straight people. You don't speak for everyone.

2.) This is a visual game. Therefore, that's the median the devs chose to include more groups of people. It's more convenient that way, because this is a visual game. The lore isn't necessary, therefor, less time will be dedicated to it and the devs will drop unnecessary pieces. Sexuality isn't something that can be seen visually, so it's less likely to be put in the game. If this game were a dating simulator, that information would be more relevant.

3.) When I repeated what you said in my other post, it wasn't with the intent of being rude. It was to clarify the points I was addressing.

4.) My point of addressing race and gender compared to sexuality still stands. None of the characters in DBD are confirmed straight, so there's no exclusion. If you see them as straight, that's on you.

5.) The devs could very well not have included sexuality because they didn't want to. If they don't want to confirm that, they shouldn't be pressured to do so. And what if someone who is gay was trying to relate to a character that was confirmed straight? Wouldn't that make the problem worse?

At the end of the day, this isn't your work. If the devs don't want to confirm a character's preferences, they don't have to. It's not a big issue if there's no answer to a character's sexuality.

This ended the discussion by far.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@MichaelAMyers said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Wahara said:
    Those are some dense paragraphs, Shrimp. I'll wait a little bit to actually try dissecting all of that, because the thoughts expressed appear a bit disjointed to me and I'm not sure how I'm going to structure my response without it looking really disorganized.

Though, I will say on the subject of arrogance, you were the one who misrepresented what I said and used it as a basis for accusing me of arrogance, so I showed you what real arrogance looks like. For what it's worth, for you in particular, I will return to base line. Your post appears to contain what seems like back pedaling, but I can genuinely see that you are trying, and see no indication that you're being intentionally obtuse. (Which is what triggers the ever living [BAD WORD] out of me) I see no reason to punish you for that. The tone is sincere. That's not to guarantee anyone else is safe from me turning the ######### switch back on. I will bring it right back up to ten once I start noticing weasel tactics.

A full response will be given tonight or tomorrow. I'm not sure yet.

You can say that I'm arrogant if you want, but I'm not the one trying to speak for a whole group of people. To make things more organized, I'll shorten my points.

1.) You said that it's harder for gay people to imagine these character's as gay compared to straight people. You don't speak for everyone.

2.) This is a visual game. Therefore, that's the median the devs chose to include more groups of people. It's more convenient that way, because this is a visual game. The lore isn't necessary, therefor, less time will be dedicated to it and the devs will drop unnecessary pieces. Sexuality isn't something that can be seen visually, so it's less likely to be put in the game. If this game were a dating simulator, that information would be more relevant.

3.) When I repeated what you said in my other post, it wasn't with the intent of being rude. It was to clarify the points I was addressing.

4.) My point of addressing race and gender compared to sexuality still stands. None of the characters in DBD are confirmed straight, so there's no exclusion. If you see them as straight, that's on you.

5.) The devs could very well not have included sexuality because they didn't want to. If they don't want to confirm that, they shouldn't be pressured to do so. And what if someone who is gay was trying to relate to a character that was confirmed straight? Wouldn't that make the problem worse?

At the end of the day, this isn't your work. If the devs don't want to confirm a character's preferences, they don't have to. It's not a big issue if there's no answer to a character's sexuality.

This ended the discussion by far.

well im just going to ignore you since ijust noticed you only have a total of 64 posts which says alot

• Wahara
    Wahara Member Posts: 237
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Wahara said:

Fair, you're more than free to embarrass yourself by indicating you haven't bothered to follow the conversation properly before spewing your opinion.

You're entitled to that and nobody can take it away from you.

When I warned the gloves are off, I meant it. Nobody gets wiggle room anymore. Nobody gets to run away from a point. No distractions, no red herrings, no BS. You will be a faithful and honest participant in the discussion or I will go out of my way to make you look like an idiot, and I'll succeed.

Damn @Wahara pulling no punches.
    This going to be fun

Nah, I've pretty well lost control over the conversation at this point. Condescension and ridicule only work on people smart enough to realize they're getting curb stomped. You won't get a concession or anything, but it can usually get people who are more aware to at least drop a non point. In Shrimp's case, he just seems to really not get it, and there's not much I can do about that without damaging my own credibility by being forced to repeat myself.

So, a change in tactics. I'll simply have an "Irrelevant posts boat" that I place people into and a "People I am still potentially taking seriously" boat I place people into, and do what I can to make sure the discussion reflects the latter more than the former.

"well im just going to ignore you since ijust noticed you only have a total of 64 posts which says alot"

Ignoring MichaelMyers would make this conversation much healthier. He's reduced himself to the role of cheerleader at this point and regardless of whether you think LGBTQ characters should be included or not, you have to admit that's really unhelpful to the discussion.

• Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    Options
    Okay it's been awhile are people still fighting about this thing?

Is it may just be one man's opinion but I don't think the developers will ever tell us because let's be honest. This is a horror game. Yes that may seem kind of far-fetched with all the tea bagging but if they tell us a sexual orientation then believe it or not some people will be offended for the sake of being offended.

Personally I don't think they will make an exception because if they do it for one they would have to do it for somebody else. I'm sorry but at times it's hard to take this game seriously.

I may be bisexual but I most certainly wouldn't take this game seriously sing another man dress up as a female 
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Wahara said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Wahara said:

Fair, you're more than free to embarrass yourself by indicating you haven't bothered to follow the conversation properly before spewing your opinion.

You're entitled to that and nobody can take it away from you.

When I warned the gloves are off, I meant it. Nobody gets wiggle room anymore. Nobody gets to run away from a point. No distractions, no red herrings, no BS. You will be a faithful and honest participant in the discussion or I will go out of my way to make you look like an idiot, and I'll succeed.

Damn @Wahara pulling no punches.
    This going to be fun

Nah, I've pretty well lost control over the conversation at this point. Condescension and ridicule only work on people smart enough to realize they're getting curb stomped. You won't get a concession or anything, but it can usually get people who are more aware to at least drop a non point. In Shrimp's case, he just seems to really not get it, and there's not much I can do about that without damaging my own credibility by being forced to repeat myself.

So, a change in tactics. I'll simply have an "Irrelevant posts boat" that I place people into and a "People I am still potentially taking seriously" boat I place people into, and do what I can to make sure the discussion reflects the latter more than the former.

"well im just going to ignore you since ijust noticed you only have a total of 64 posts which says alot"

Ignoring MichaelMyers would make this conversation much healthier. He's reduced himself to the role of cheerleader at this point and regardless of whether you think LGBTQ characters should be included or not, you have to admit that's really unhelpful to the discussion.

Can we get an F in chat?

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

well im just going to ignore you since ijust noticed you only have a total of 64 posts which says alot

@Wahara only has 101 most in this thread, I've got well 2.9k, other are in between, does that make my position stronger than yours which has only 885 posts?

• Jack11803
    Options

@powerbats said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Wahara only has 101 most in this thread, I've got well 2.9k, other are in between, does that make my position stronger than yours which has only 885 posts?

thinking face

• MichaelAMyers
    Options

@powerbats said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

Inb4 Wahara backtracks and makes himself look like a jester since he wanna call people cheerleaders.

• Jack11803
    edited October 2018
    Options

@MichaelAMyers said:

@powerbats said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

Inb4 Wahara backtracks and makes himself look like a jester since he wanna call people cheerleaders.

They didnt make that comment. The OP did

• MichaelAMyers
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

@powerbats said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

What's the difference between them? I see none tbh since both are trying to use the same arguments for something that makes no sense whatsoever.

Plus anyone who goes by Post counts is likely people who can't comprehend both logic and understanding since my posts to "Dylan" (who I see now is basically Wahara) aren't capable of using comprehension but want to believe they are so right that they are wrong and won't ever accept it and as anyone here who argued with both can see they want to twist things around to suit their ego of always wanting to be right.

• Jack11803
    Options

@MichaelAMyers said:

@Jack11803 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

@powerbats said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

What's the difference between them? I see none tbh since both are trying to use the same arguments for something that makes no sense whatsoever.

I ship it. Without a lore change of course

• MichaelAMyers
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

@Jack11803 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

@powerbats said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

So you ship two walls? LOL.

• Jack11803
    Options

@MichaelAMyers said:

@Jack11803 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

@Jack11803 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

@powerbats said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

So you ship two walls? LOL.

If pixals can have it, mortor should be able to have it too!

• Wahara
    edited October 2018
    Options

Oh, I forgot to mention. I have a feeling this point is going to get me in so much damn trouble, but here we go. Technically speaking, sexuality is included in the game. Freddy Krueger is a confirmed child predator with no preference for gender.

While the clown is more ambiguous, it is heavily indicated that sexuality forms an aspect of his character by his add ons, the prized pinky of a red head and the VHS porn tape.

• MichaelAMyers
    Options

Child Predator Argument
    VHS Porn Tape Argument

Oh boy I can't wait for this guy to believe he is so right.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    Options

How is this becoming this popular? I guess traps are evolving aftErAlL..

• Wahara
    edited October 2018
    Options

Because if I didn't step in this entire topic would have been nothing but different people trading blows against legend, as well as a complete circle jerk between people convinced that the addition of LGBTQ characters is silly, unnecessary, etc.

When one or two people are attempting to engage multiple people, simultaneously, on a topic that is emotionally provocative, replies will appear with frequency. I hope this answers your question.

@MichaelMyers

Speaking as someone with far less intelligence, I just wanted to let you know that commas are your friend.

• MichaelAMyers
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Wahara said:
    Because if I didn't step in this entire topic would have been nothing but different people trading blows against legend, as well as a complete circle jerk between people convinced that the addition of LGBTQ characters is silly, unnecessary, etc.

When one or two people are attempting to engage multiple people, simultaneously, on a topic that is emotionally provocative, replies will appear with frequency. I hope this answers your question.

@MichaelMyers

Speaking as someone with far less intelligence, I just wanted to let you know that commas are your friend.

Because.....
    1.it is silly and unnecessary as many factual points here.
    2. Legend did this against himself not us.
    3. No one is emotionally invested into this just you two.
    4. Bringing up commas on a forum=/=A show of intelligence yup proved my point about you.

This discussion has been closed.