Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Are There Any LGBTQ Survivors In The Game Or Planning To Be

Comments

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

@DocOctober said:

@xmenfanatic said:

@DocOctober said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    just because you dont like my question doesnt mean you have the right to say my question doesnt deserve to be answered or acknowledged

Literally nobody said that. That's just your paranoia speaking.

@DocOctober said the question didnt matter and the devs didnt need to waste time about it

No, he asked you why you think it matters, asked what you gained from knowing it, and then said it wasn't a part of the lore that impacts the game. You're reading things that aren't there.

^That

And quite frankly, @TheLegendDyl4n1 regarding the attitude you portray in this thread, you are part of why some people dislike those identifying as LGBTQ.

Representation is an incredibly important aspect of human culture, and important for marketing when it comes to expanding your target audience. As someone who is queer, it would make me happy to see someone I can relate to on a deeper level who is in this scenario.

Specifically I have experienced trauma related to being queer, and I literally use this game sometimes as a form of relief and therapy. There’s something healing about being in a safe space and using a survival horror game to relieve an assault experience and survive. Especially unscratched.

My trauma doesn’t specifically lie with just being queer, but other crazy experiences as a child related to a neigbor next door with a knife. So horror games and horror movies in general work as a sort of therapeutic experience for me. But to reiterate it would be nice to see someone who I can relate to a little more when playing survivor.

@DocOctober said:

@xmenfanatic said:

@DocOctober said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@DocOctober said:

As others have asked before: why does it matter? What would it give you to know someone's sexual orientation in this game? That's really not the part their lore or back-story should focus on as it's irrelevant to the game. If this were some triple-x homage of Dead by Daylight, it would be a different story.

any lore related question can be asked here so again as i will say you need to leave the lore area if your going to complain about every lore related question you dont like or cant comprehend

Maybe you should leave instead since you continuously refuse to answer an honest question.

You’ve already been given an answer, it seems you’re just struggling to comprehend it.

It matters because of representation. And I absolutely disagree, it should not only be implemented if this site were some triple x homage. That’s grossly ignorant. Why should it only be relevant if there’s gonna be a over sexualized fan base? Queer characters can show intimacy without getting oversexualized, and that association of it needing hyper sexalization and only being valid in that circumstance is rather inappropriate.

This game is about showing people from different walks of life struggle to survive. I’d like to know because it’s just as interesting a detail to me as Claudette being a botany student, or meg being a runner who didn’t pursue her dreams to take care of her mother.

It doesn’t have to be the mai aspect of a character’s identity, but it is valid to view it as an element that would critically shape the experiences of the survivor and thus influence their personality and position in life.

Last, I don’t understand why you’re posting here asking why the sexuality matter s here, but not posting over in the “Claudette’s love interest” thread making the same points. The fact you are only posting about this issue in a thread about lgbtq representation and not in threads talking about romance and sex in general appears like your issue is focused on the lgbtq element itself and not about representation of romance and sexuality.

My issue lies with people wanting to be represented at all cost and especially for the sake of it, which OP's request is.

As for Claudette's love interest, I don't post in every single thread on this forum. My "interest" in this thread was mainly its title and that my buddy Orion was the last one to post in it when I saw it.

Wanting to be represented at all costs? What did they sacrifice or “pay” or say should be given up for the chance to have a queer character? I don’t recall them saying anything should be removed from lore or taken away to have that representation

It seems to me that you take the saying "at all cost" a tad too literally. I'm simply pointing out that it's OP's only argument for why a LGBTQ character should be added to this game or why someone of the existing ones should be outed as such.

It's a slasher horror game, who cares about their sexual orientation? I bet you anything that many who posted in here disagreeing with OP's request are actually LGBTQ themselves, but like Orion or myself don't feel the need to be desperately represented in every game we play just for the sake of being represented.

I don’t see anyone being desperate for it. And desperation is a quality that comes from a valid circumstance of need. But once again I don’t see this as a deperate act.

This detail could easily be added without any negative impact. It can be as simple a detail as Claudette studying botany, or Jake liking to be be alone in the woods. It’s a detail about the character, and would still add to the survivor. I don’t see what the game could lose by mentioning it.

I’m not saying I want shirtless Michael Myers in the game, or bikini/speedos for survivors. This is a quality about the character. It doesn’t mean they have to have a specific look or way their voice sounds. And even then, if they do have a queer image....well those people exist, and the entity would eventually take one. It wouldn’t take from the game because it would still be realistic.

Unless there is a way it could take from the game that you’d like to share and discuss.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053
    edited October 2018

My answer to it is, that the sexuality of most characters in this game are unknown. Not even for the killers we can't say much about their sexuality except Freddy. And looking at their backstories, they would work Lore wise with all kinds f sexual preferences/orientations.
    So I would say, well there is no representation for LGBTQ in the game, we know of. But there isn't a huge representation of straight characters either. Most of them are in a form of creative "limbo" and free in sense of interpretation. And each interpretation is a legit one. If some see Dwight as straight, others as bisexual, then they are both legit in seeing him like that.
    It might be that we might get a character on which their sexuality is mentioned within their Lore, but right now we don't have one so far.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Talk about overthinking something.

There's no place in any video game for something like that. It doesn't mean anything. It defies logic and nature.

It is someone's personal choice, and that is fine. It doesn't bother me... however, pushing that in a survival horror game would just be pushing an agenda... and personally would make lots of people angry.

They are doing things just fine now. No political agenda is being pushed... just normal story and normal fun stuff.

To make a character and them being gay? Why?

It doesn't add anything to anything at all. It is UNNECESSARY. We've got millennials trying to bait and ask things that make no sense.

I don't play a video game wondering is someone is straight or gay. Who cares? DbD has stayed clear of that. you millennials can think Nea is gay, or whoever else.

That's on you. Behaviour doesn't NEED to cater to the minority about a controversial topic. Some people don't like it.

I think being gay is wrong. I think it is a sin, and I think that it is a personal choice someone makes. That is fine. I have to hate against gays, but I also don't have to agree with it. That is my right.

Putting gay stuff in this game would ruin it. It isn't needed.

Leaving it as it is... as it has been for over 2 years is fine...

Changing things around or adding a new gay character doesn't do anything. It will just please a few millennials and piss off a lot of people like myself.

So before this gets twisted badly....

Being gay is okay. I don't agree with it, but do whatever you want people. Just don't bother me about it.

Having gay characters in media in which there's no history of anything gay... WRONG.

They've stayed away from that, smartly. It doesn't matter is Dwight was gay before he was killed... who cares man. What does that do? It doesn't do anything good.

• xmenfanatic

@Dwight_Confusion said:

There's no place in any video game for something like that. It doesn't mean anything. It defies logic and nature.

It is someone's personal choice, and that is fine. It doesn't bother me... however, pushing that in a survival horror game would just be pushing an agenda... and personally would make lots of people angry.

They are doing things just fine now. No political agenda is being pushed... just normal story and normal fun stuff.

It doesn't add anything to anything at all. It is UNNECESSARY. We've got millennials trying to bait and ask things that make no sense.

I don't play a video game wondering is someone is straight or gay. Who cares? DbD has stayed clear of that. you millennials can think Nea is gay, or whoever else.

That's on you. Behaviour doesn't NEED to cater to the minority about a controversial topic. Some people don't like it.

I think being gay is wrong. I think it is a sin, and I think that it is a personal choice someone makes. That is fine. I have to hate against gays, but I also don't have to agree with it. That is my right.

Changing things around or adding a new gay character doesn't do anything. It will just please a few millennials and piss off a lot of people like myself.

Being gay is okay. I don't agree with it, but do whatever you want people. Just don't bother me about it.

Having gay characters in media in which there's no history of anything gay... WRONG.

They've stayed away from that, smartly. It doesn't matter is Dwight was gay before he was killed... who cares man. What does that do? It doesn't do anything good.

You say who cares but then very clear state you don't want it because you care about not having a gay character in it. You say it's wrong and then later say it isn't. You claim its a choice, which it isn't, which shows you lack the knowledge to properly address the issue because that is ignorant as all get up.

No matter what action you chose to take, someone who is gay is gay, whether or not they embrace it.

It's not wrong to involve queer characters. How would making any of the characters gay ruin it? How? Give me a specific example.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@xmenfanatic said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

You say who cares but then very clear state you don't want it because you care about not having a gay character in it. You say it's wrong and then later say it isn't. You claim its a choice, which it isn't, which shows you lack the knowledge to properly address the issue because that is ignorant as all get up.

No matter what action you chose to take, someone who is gay is gay, whether or not they embrace it.

It's not wrong to involve queer characters. How would making any of the characters gay ruin it? How? Give me a specific example.

It would hurt his heteronormative view of the world.

• Dwight_Confusion

Nah. WRong.

In reality. It is wrong. I do not like it.

I mean who cares if someone is gay in a video game? It doesn't do anything good for the game. It's just a shoehorned bunch of BS if they do it.

You millennials need to get a grip on reality.

And it absolutely is a choice.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Your tastes do not determine reality or right and wrong. You're just another homophobe.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@xmenfanatic said:

@DocOctober said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    just because you dont like my question doesnt mean you have the right to say my question doesnt deserve to be answered or acknowledged

Literally nobody said that. That's just your paranoia speaking.

@DocOctober said the question didnt matter and the devs didnt need to waste time about it

No, he asked you why you think it matters, asked what you gained from knowing it, and then said it wasn't a part of the lore that impacts the game. You're reading things that aren't there.

^That

And quite frankly, @TheLegendDyl4n1 regarding the attitude you portray in this thread, you are part of why some people dislike those identifying as LGBTQ.

Representation is an incredibly important aspect of human culture, and important for marketing when it comes to expanding your target audience. As someone who is queer, it would make me happy to see someone I can relate to on a deeper level who is in this scenario.

Specifically I have experienced trauma related to being queer, and I literally use this game sometimes as a form of relief and therapy. There’s something healing about being in a safe space and using a survival horror game to relieve an assault experience and survive. Especially unscratched.

My trauma doesn’t specifically lie with just being queer, but other crazy experiences as a child related to a neigbor next door with a knife. So horror games and horror movies in general work as a sort of therapeutic experience for me. But to reiterate it would be nice to see someone who I can relate to a little more when playing survivor.

@DocOctober said:

@xmenfanatic said:

@DocOctober said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@DocOctober said:

As others have asked before: why does it matter? What would it give you to know someone's sexual orientation in this game? That's really not the part their lore or back-story should focus on as it's irrelevant to the game. If this were some triple-x homage of Dead by Daylight, it would be a different story.

any lore related question can be asked here so again as i will say you need to leave the lore area if your going to complain about every lore related question you dont like or cant comprehend

Maybe you should leave instead since you continuously refuse to answer an honest question.

You’ve already been given an answer, it seems you’re just struggling to comprehend it.

It matters because of representation. And I absolutely disagree, it should not only be implemented if this site were some triple x homage. That’s grossly ignorant. Why should it only be relevant if there’s gonna be a over sexualized fan base? Queer characters can show intimacy without getting oversexualized, and that association of it needing hyper sexalization and only being valid in that circumstance is rather inappropriate.

This game is about showing people from different walks of life struggle to survive. I’d like to know because it’s just as interesting a detail to me as Claudette being a botany student, or meg being a runner who didn’t pursue her dreams to take care of her mother.

It doesn’t have to be the mai aspect of a character’s identity, but it is valid to view it as an element that would critically shape the experiences of the survivor and thus influence their personality and position in life.

Last, I don’t understand why you’re posting here asking why the sexuality matter s here, but not posting over in the “Claudette’s love interest” thread making the same points. The fact you are only posting about this issue in a thread about lgbtq representation and not in threads talking about romance and sex in general appears like your issue is focused on the lgbtq element itself and not about representation of romance and sexuality.

My issue lies with people wanting to be represented at all cost and especially for the sake of it, which OP's request is.

As for Claudette's love interest, I don't post in every single thread on this forum. My "interest" in this thread was mainly its title and that my buddy Orion was the last one to post in it when I saw it.

Wanting to be represented at all costs? What did they sacrifice or “pay” or say should be given up for the chance to have a queer character? I don’t recall them saying anything should be removed from lore or taken away to have that representation

you are like the best ever

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    I would rather know their blood types first, honestly.
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    edited October 2018

guys i really dont want to argue i just want to discuss who could be LGBTQ, why they could be, and have fun in another discussion. when people come into these discussions and say stuff like why does it matter or that its irrelevant to the game.
    when you do this is saddens me because all i wanted to do was start another post about something i believe in why cant you just let me ask what i want and not campaign against it if you dont believe in it.
    i want a confirmed LGBTQ character in this horror game that i have many hours into because i want to be able to relate to a character for real not just say oh this persons gay and i believe that.
    so when i ask for them to confirm if in any characters lore, they believed they were LGBTQ so that i can personally relate to them for real, not just in my head its something thats reasonable.
    if you dont want to talk about who you think is LGBTQ and try and find reasons why they are by looking in the current lore or coming up with lore yourself for if they were LGBTQ then leave
    so, again if you dont agree with any of LGBTQ, you want to constantly go against anything any of us put, or just come up with reason after reason why this question i ask cant be added to the game's lore as a small part of it thats only one sentence long if that.
    so, if you qualify as anything i said before then just go, leave, get out of this thread because no one needs you negativity in a thread thats asking for a small thing to be added that will not effect your quality of life unless you are a homophobe or transphobe or anything against LGBTQ and if you are then give good, solid reasons why its wrong to be LGBTQ (LGBTQ stands for everyone that is not strait just because there is not a letter there does not mean it is not represented) and if you can do that then go ahead and try.

i am gay, i am also a Baptist Christian going to a Christian Baptist School who believes in God. so if your argument is that it is a sin against God then your argument is invalid because we are all sinners in Gods eyes and every sin is equal.

so, if your going to be negative then just go and let me and other people who want to participate in this thread participate peacefully.

(side note if your color blind and cant read this post tell me and i will post a different version that has no color)

Post edited by TheLegendDyl4n1 on
  • laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

If the are a facebook group with lgbt or something (in spanish is better) i want to join! thanks.

• Dwight_Confusion

LoL

It's unbelievable.

I'm totally not going to post in this again. I said what I think... with LOGIC... and I'm done.

If you think having a gay character in this game would enhance the experience for everyone... you are insane.

Period.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    edited October 2018

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    LoL

It's unbelievable.

I'm totally not going to post in this again. I said what I think... with LOGIC... and I'm done.

If you think having a gay character in this game would enhance the experience for everyone... you are insane.

Period.

never said it would enhance the experience for EVERYONE. just that it would for me and maybe others. and what logic did you use? you literally said that being LGBTQ defies logic and nature so anything you say will be ignored. also i never asked for a gay character like you said i asked for a LGBTQ so take your homophobic and all other phobias away from this post since you cant comprehend that IF THERE WAS A LGBTQ CHARACTER IN THIS GAME IT WOULD NOT EFFECT YOUR QUALITY OF LIFE so please explain how you said what you thought with logic? dude just go away from this post. leave. begone THOT. no one wants you here if your going to be homophobic, transphobic or any other LGBTQphobic so go away on one wants you on this thread. stick to the post and stop trying to de-rail it or you will be banned by the mods

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@laKUKA said:
    If the are a facebook group with lgbt or something (in spanish is better) i want to join! thanks.

no sadly but if you make one or know of one tell me and i will join

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

The guy is arguing about an LGTB character and while I wouldn't personally care games like Overwatch have someone like Tracer in it and I know lots of people appreciate that. I personally don't care if they add any gay characters. All it would be is more background info about the character.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    The guy is arguing about an LGTB character and while I wouldn't personally care games like Overwatch have someone like Tracer in it and I know lots of people appreciate that. I personally don't care if they add any gay characters. All it would be is more background info about the character.

thats all i want it to be is just some background info added like on nea after being dared by her friends to tag the old asylum that her girlfriend begged her not to or something like that. or they could just outright put that on dwight he is gay or just say it in a developer stream clarifying that dwight or someone is gay they dont really have to add info to the bio about it. we have the dead by daylight wiki for everything they say not added to the game

• PhantomMask20763

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

thats all i want it to be is just some background info added like on nea after being dared by her friends to tag the old asylum that her girlfriend begged her not to or something like that. or they could just outright put that on dwight he is gay or just say it in a developer stream clarifying that dwight or someone is gay they dont really have to add info to the bio about it. we have the dead by daylight wiki for everything they say not added to the game

Dwight X David forever!!!

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@PhantomMask20763 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

Dwight X David forever!!!

lol (agrees in silentness)

• LordHaari
    LordHaari Member Posts: 21

so if your argument is that [being gay] is a sin against God then your argument is invalid because we are all sinners in Gods eyes and every sin is equal.

If what you claim is the case, then in the eyes of God, the sin of ######### children is the equivalent to telling an innocent lie, and wasting food as equivalent to murder. I don't think that's what you think, so do you really believe every sin is equal?

Not being negative per se (or trying to be, anyway), just picking your brain a bit.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@LordHaari said:

so if your argument is that [being gay] is a sin against God then your argument is invalid because we are all sinners in Gods eyes and every sin is equal.

If what you claim is the case, then in the eyes of God, the sin of ######### children is the equivalent to telling an innocent lie, and wasting food as equivalent to murder. I don't think that's what you think, so do you really believe every sin is equal?

Not being negative per se (or trying to be, anyway), just picking your brain a bit.

well thats what it says in the bible that every sin is equal. i believe that in the real world we should punish ######### children more than telling an innocent lie but that if you did either of them then you should still ask for forgiveness from God. i was just saying that if his argument was that being gay is against God then the same applies to sex before marriage or lust thoughts in your head since God states all sins are equal in his eyes. so i believe we should punish the sins we think are worse then others more in law but always ask god for forgiveness no matter how bad we think they are. because wither or not you do either will be a ticket to hell unless you ask for forgiveness. now a disclaimer is that i am not forcing people to believe in my religion they can believe in whatever they want to its just this is how i see reality.

• MichaelAMyers
    MichaelAMyers Member Posts: 292

It doesn't really matter.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@MichaelAMyers said:

why? if you cant think of a reason then why are you here?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited October 2018

@ToolboxMotley said:
    Speaking as a gay guy...

You're goddamn shallow. Quit begging for "representation" in the form of such a completely trivial character trait. Take pride in your personality, not your superfluous, immutable characteristics.

I'd much rather read about a character's chosen profession and last moments than who they prefer to bone. And most other people who have been raised to see themselves as a person rather than a checklist feel the same way.

Thank you. I get the feeling that most of the people asking for/demanding "representation" don't even belong to the groups they're asking/demanding representation for. Most of us don't really give a #########.
    I'm not a woman, but I'd rather see a badass character like Ellen Ripley or Sarah Connor (some of the most badass women in all of science fiction, IMO) - badasses who happen to be women - than a female character designed to fit some imagined quota. Likewise, I'd prefer a character like Jack Harkness - an intelligent man and trustworthy person who happens to be "omnisexual" - even if he embodies some of the stereotypes about bisexuals (namely, promiscuity), than have a character created to be bisexual.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

From what I've heard there is nothing suggesting that any of the in-game characters are LGBTQ. This being said countless community individuals ship Dwight Fairfield with David King. There are also some who speculate that Nea is homosexual (this has not and likely will not be confirmed so don't get your personal hopes up). In my personal opinion, the developers should stay from making confirmed homosexual characters as it might create problems down the line.

• PhantomMask20763
    Peasant said:

From what I've heard there is nothing suggesting that any of the in-game characters are LGBTQ. This being said countless community individuals ship Dwight Fairfield with David King. There are also some who speculate that Nea is homosexual (this has not and likely will not be confirmed so don't get your personal hopes up). In my personal opinion, the developers should stay from making confirmed homosexual characters as it might create problems down the line.

Gotta agree with this,let the characters be what you want them to be. Just dont force it upon others.
  • TheLegendDyl4n1

i never forced it open them. as i said this is a post to discuss who could be gay and why they think that and create conspiracy theroies about the characters but you guys just keep de-railing the conversations so i dont know what to do.

• Peasant
    edited October 2018

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    i never forced it open them. as i said this is a post to discuss who could be gay and why they think that and create conspiracy theroies about the characters but you guys just keep de-railing the conversations so i dont know what to do.

You want theories about LGBTQ survivors? Okay, get ready for the ultra-super-turbo speed round.
    Dwight and David
    Nea and (Any female survivor)
    These are the community's ideas.
    Good day.

Oh, and several men lust after Jake Park.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    edited October 2018

@Peasant said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

You want theories about LGBTQ survivors? Okay, get ready for the ultra-super-turbo speed round.
    Dwight and David
    Good day.

IKR jake's so daddy (more than david im sorry)

• Peasant

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Peasant said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

Dwight and David
    Good day.

IKR jake's so daddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYkQL_M65IQ

• xmenfanatic

@ToolboxMotley said:
    Speaking as a gay guy...

You're being goddamn shallow. Quit begging for "representation" in the form of such a completely trivial character trait. Take pride in your personality, not your superfluous, immutable characteristics.

I'd much rather read about a character's chosen profession and last moments than who they prefer to bone. And most other people who have been raised to see themselves as a person rather than a checklist feel the same way.

To be shallow is to lack depth, and I'd definitely say that the detail would literally add more to the character. I don't know why people are making posts about how they'd rather see an occupation instead. Those bits of info in the bio don't need to be mutually exclusive, and can both be involved in the background.

Also, no one is begging for representation. Any point being used to express an interest in said character would make sense if someone simply wants to see a more relatable character. Essentially every post that seems to be insisting the desire for a gay character has been made in response to someone else expressing their interest in someone who's gay not being in the game. It makes sense to voice the desire to see a gay character in response to someone saying they don't want one, especially in a thread about queer characters.

I don't see an issue with people taking pride in both their personality and qualities about themselves that they can't chance. Once again, you don't have to sacrifice one to express or feel strongly about the other.

Being queer isn't just about who you want to bone. Someone queer could be an asexual character. And being gay or queer can be about a lot more then who you wanna have sex with because it's brought up in ignorant and irrational ways. Like someone implying it's only needed to refer to a sex scene.

What if they character is a romantic, and their whole story is about the their lover dying and they couldn't save them. Or maybe they loved someone who got pulled into the void since it's implied people in the real world know if and possibly worship The Entity. There are two simple examples of a bunch that could be introduced.

I feel like people here queerness being involved in something and for some reason you assume it has to be the most important detail. Instead of being a detail of many.

I'm certainly not saying i want a gay character simply to have one. I'd love one who has a cool background and good perks, and an interesting visual design, and happens to be queer.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@ToolboxMotley said:
    Speaking as a gay guy...

You're being goddamn shallow. Quit begging for "representation" in the form of such a completely trivial character trait. Take pride in your personality, not your superfluous, immutable characteristics.

Couldn't have said it better, that's exactly my opinion about any requests like what OP does. I don't want to be represented just for the sake of being represented. I'm proud of who I am and don't need video game characters that are LGBTQ in order to confirm that. A persons sexuality is pretty much the least relevant thing they could add to a character's bio in Dead by Daylight.

• MichaelAMyers

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

why? if you can't think of a reason then why are you here?

1. Because no one really cares unless you some "Snowflake"
    2. I can be here because I can it's called a public forum post if you don't like it that's you but we are all entitled to speak our free-mind.
  • MichaelAMyers

@ToolboxMotley said:
    Speaking as a gay guy...

Someone give this man a Badass Rank!

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

@ToolboxMotley said:
    Speaking as a gay guy...

I wish I could updoot this more than once.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@xmenfanatic said:

@ToolboxMotley said:
    Speaking as a gay guy...

To be shallow is to lack depth, and I'd definitely say that the detail would literally add more to the character. I don't know why people are making posts about how they'd rather see an occupation instead. Those bits of info in the bio don't need to be mutually exclusive, and can both be involved in the background.

Also, no one is begging for representation. Any point being used to express an interest in said character would make sense if someone simply wants to see a more relatable character. Essentially every post that seems to be insisting the desire for a gay character has been made in response to someone else expressing their interest in someone who's gay not being in the game. It makes sense to voice the desire to see a gay character in response to someone saying they don't want one, especially in a thread about queer characters.

I don't see an issue with people taking pride in both their personality and qualities about themselves that they can't chance. Once again, you don't have to sacrifice one to express or feel strongly about the other.

Being queer isn't just about who you want to bone. Someone queer could be an asexual character. And being gay or queer can be about a lot more then who you wanna have sex with because it's brought up in ignorant and irrational ways. Like someone implying it's only needed to refer to a sex scene.

What if they character is a romantic, and their whole story is about the their lover dying and they couldn't save them. Or maybe they loved someone who got pulled into the void since it's implied people in the real world know if and possibly worship The Entity. There are two simple examples of a bunch that could be introduced.

I feel like people here queerness being involved in something and for some reason you assume it has to be the most important detail. Instead of being a detail of many.

I'm certainly not saying i want a gay character simply to have one. I'd love one who has a cool background and good perks, and an interesting visual design, and happens to be queer.

thank you

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@MichaelAMyers said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

2. I can be here because I can it's called a public forum post if you don't like it that's you but we are all entitled to speak our free-mind.

the why reason is not here and the second is that i didnt say you wernt aloud to be here i said that if you were going to be rude then you should leave since no one would want you here with your negativity

• Wahara
    Wahara Member Posts: 237
    edited October 2018

@PolarBear said:
    Why are you interested in the sexual orientation of the survivors? What does it matter if a character is LGBTQ or not it hardly affect the lore of the game. There are much more interesting questions to be asked.

Because representation (of historically and currently under represented groups of people) is important. Let's say for the sake of argument that all characters in DBD were white, and we asked the developers if they could make characters of other races, and you responded with "why are you interested about skin color?" Or if they were all men, and we asked why there weren't any women, and you responded with "why are you so interested in gender?" that would sound just a bit obtuse, wouldn't it?

LGBTQ survivors, or even killers, would be a much welcome addition to DBD. It would add variety and make things more interesting, like say, a gay killer who's motivated to kill based on religious trauma experienced during adolescence.

• MichaelAMyers

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

the why reason is not here and the second is that i didnt say you wernt aloud to be here i said that if you were going to be rude then you should leave since no one would want you here with your negativity

Firstly no one cares its an opinion if you can't handle a small comment like mine then you shouldn't be on the internet that's just a fact what next? You gonna tell people I'm bullying you over a opinion?

• Wahara

@xmenfanatic said:

@ToolboxMotley said:
    Speaking as a gay guy...

I am giving a second thank you to this post. The fact that you have to step aside and educate people in this manner is a bit disappointing.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@Wahara said:

@PolarBear said:
    Why are you interested in the sexual orientation of the survivors? What does it matter if a character is LGBTQ or not it hardly affect the lore of the game. There are much more interesting questions to be asked.

Because representation (of historically and currently under represented groups of people) is important. Let's say for the sake of argument that all characters in DBD were white, and we asked the developers if they could make characters of other races, and you responded with "why are you interested about skin color?" Or if they were all men, and we asked why there weren't any women, and you responded with "why are you so interested in gender?" that would sound just a bit obtuse, wouldn't it?

LGBTQ survivors, or even killers, would be a much welcome addition to DBD. It would add variety and make things more interesting, like say, a gay killer who's motivated to kill based on religious trauma experienced during adolescence.

thanks you

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@MichaelAMyers said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

Firstly no one cares its an opinion if you can't handle a small comment like mine then you shouldn't be on the internet that's just a fact what next? You gonna tell people I'm bullying you over a opinion?

but you are bullying me over an opinion you wont leave and you keep saying things about everything i saw on here so.....

• Wahara

On a somewhat related note, the unironic usage of the term "snowflake" automatically makes you look like a tool. It's a snarl word used by jerks to discredit/dismiss the sensitivities of people that are different from them.

• MichaelAMyers

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

but you are bullying me over an opinion you wont leave and you keep saying things about everything i saw on here so.....

1. No one is bullying you
    2. Again I do not have to leave again this is an open post.
  • MichaelAMyers

@Wahara said:
    On a somewhat related note, the unironic usage of the term "snowflake" automatically makes you look like a tool. It's a snarl word used by jerks to discredit/dismiss the sensitivities of people that are different from them.

Cool sounding like a snowflake and no its used to describe people who are sensitive over trivial stuff like this and you "labeling" it to jerks is "snarl" and a "tool" double standards logic if he and you don't like someone sharing a SMALL OPINION then DONT GET ON THE INTERNET.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@MichaelAMyers said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

1. No one is bullying you
    2. Again I do not have to leave again this is an open post.

i didnt say you had to leave i said you should since there is no reason for you to be here except to constantly tell me im wrong for wanting this so again why are you here whats the reason other than to bother me? just go away please.

• MichaelAMyers
    edited October 2018

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

i didnt say you had to leave i said you should since there is no reason for you to be here except to constantly tell me im wrong for wanting this so again why are you here whats the reason other than to bother me? just go away please.

1. I do have a reason for being here and that's posting
    2. I never said you were wrong. (Saying it doesn't matter isn't wrong.)
    3. No one is bothering you and you playing the victim card because no one agrees with you? how old are you? 12? Like listen man I stated my opinion and clearly the majority agrees with me and even a user who is gay agreed they don't care.
  • TheLegendDyl4n1

@MichaelAMyers said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

2. I never said you were wrong
    3. No one is bothering you and you playing the victim card because no one agrees with you? how old are you? 12? Like listen man I stated my opinion and clearly the majority agrees with me and even a user who is gay agreed they don't care.

a reason for being here is not to just post it states in the rules of the fourm you are not aloud to de-rail the post which you are by not even participating in the question i asked, also yes you said we shouldnt add a LGBTQ character since it isnt necessary. and yes you are bothering me and i am not playing the victim card since multiple people on here agreed with me and want this, i am 17, you can state your opinion all you want but you dont need to contantly post on this thread because of the sake of posting and the majority is not just agreeing with you its about 50/50 and not everyone has posted here. just because one gay person agreed with not adding this its probably because they dont like labels and i understand that but if your like me you take the label Gay and you make it you, it enpowers you and you say it with pride. if you dont say that your gay because you dont like labels then you probably arent sure that your gay or you went threw some kind of trauma that caused you not to want to label yourself. so again for like the 4th time just go, there is no reason for you to be here if your not going to participate in the thread and basically say no im not when i say you are. i say your bothering me and you sau no your not. i say you have no reason for posting here and you say your reason is to post. i say you stated that this is wrong and you say no you didnt.

• MichaelAMyers
    edited October 2018

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

a reason for being here is not to just post it states in the rules of the fourm you are not aloud to de-rail the post which you are by not even participating in the question i asked, also yes you said we shouldnt add a LGBTQ character since it isnt necessary. and yes you are bothering me and i am not playing the victim card since multiple people on here agreed with me and want this, i am 17, you can state your opinion all you want but you dont need to contantly post on this thread because of the sake of posting and the majority is not just agreeing with you its about 50/50 and not everyone has posted here. just because one gay person agreed with not adding this its probably because they dont like labels and i understand that but if your like me you take the label Gay and you make it you, it enpowers you and you say it with pride. if you dont say that your gay because you dont like labels then you probably arent sure that your gay or you went threw some kind of trauma that caused you not to want to label yourself. so again for like the 4th time just go, there is no reason for you to be here if your not going to participate in the thread and basically say no im not when i say you are. i say your bothering me and you sau no your not. i say you have no reason for posting here and you say your reason is to post. I say you stated that this is wrong and you say no you didnt.

You are the only one derailing it and I don't care for the rest of the things you said here now like I said no one really cares for a trivial concept such as "sexuality" for characters in such a video game if you care so much write a fanfic or something because I said "it doesn't really matter."

P.S if you don't want me to ######### reply STOP QUOTING ME.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@MichaelAMyers said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

a reason for being here is not to just post it states in the rules of the fourm you are not aloud to de-rail the post which you are by not even participating in the question i asked, also yes you said we shouldnt add a LGBTQ character since it isnt necessary. and yes you are bothering me and i am not playing the victim card since multiple people on here agreed with me and want this, i am 17, you can state your opinion all you want but you dont need to contantly post on this thread because of the sake of posting and the majority is not just agreeing with you its about 50/50 and not everyone has posted here. just because one gay person agreed with not adding this its probably because they dont like labels and i understand that but if your like me you take the label Gay and you make it you, it enpowers you and you say it with pride. if you dont say that your gay because you dont like labels then you probably arent sure that your gay or you went threw some kind of trauma that caused you not to want to label yourself. so again for like the 4th time just go, there is no reason for you to be here if your not going to participate in the thread and basically say no im not when i say you are. i say your bothering me and you sau no your not. i say you have no reason for posting here and you say your reason is to post. I say you stated that this is wrong and you say no you didnt.

You are the only one derailing it and I don't care for the rest of the things you said here now like I said no one really cares for a trivial concept such as "sexuality" for characters in such a video game if you care so much write a fanfic or something because I said "it doesn't really matter."

then if you dont care about it go away from my post theirs no reason for you to de-rail it any longer. and yes multiple people care about the concept of sexuality for characters in video games. look again i say he is de-railing it and he provides on proof and says i am. also i say there are people who care about a LGBTQ+ character being added and he says no one does. see guys? this is the exact definition of a internet troll. and i will just be igrnoring his posts for now on until they add the block feature to the fourms

This discussion has been closed.