The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What *Exactly* Makes NOED Unfair?

123457»

Comments

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976
    edited February 2022

What I would consider NOED to be unfair:

1. when it spawns practically next to a hook/basement.
    2. that it requires survivors to cleanse all 5 totems to prevent OR get very lucky it doesnt spawn close to the basement/next to a hook if you cleanse late.
    3. it rewards killers who are facing players who are out of their league

Because 1 makes it impossible for the hooked survivor to escape, you cannot even hook trade(which, especially with MMR reducing the most MMR from the survivor who dies first, is objectively unfair)

And for 2, you dont always have time to cleanse all 5 totems, sometimes the killer is simply already oppressive enough to not even need NOED and survivors barely get to finish the final gen with already 1 teammate dead and then NOED gives them another for free unless Noed spawns next to one of the survivors.

3 is just that a killer can be chased for nearly 5 gens, a random teammate finishing the 5th gen and then simply camp you.

How to fix it? IMO that is quite easy: Change NOED's mechanics to something similar as Pentimento.

In the case of 1, survivors should have cleansed that totem earlier, its just 1 specific totem, every game at least 1 totem can be cleansed.

In the case of 2, Survivors wouldnt need to cleanse all 5 totems, just all tactical totems.

In the case of 3, the killer would need to let go of chase to quickly ignite NOED(again, Pentimento speeds)

Bonus: snuffing a boon totem would instantly apply NOED too if elligable

It would make NOED require some killer interaction rather than just having it work instantly. Just like all other endgame perks require killer interaction. NOED is fine as it is in terms of power, the activation requirement is my issue.

• Entinaty
    Entinaty Member Posts: 165

I believe it is fine as is.

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838
    1. The Killer does not have the time after 5 gens pop to light/snuff/whatever totems.
    2. NoED does not need some bullshit hoops to jump through just because Survivors demand Killer perks have 50,000 restrictions and requirements 'to be fair'.
    3. NoED is fine as it is.
  • CyberDragoon656
    CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960

Cause survivors don't want a challenge.

They can try and lie and say it's a balancing issue but ignore the crutches they use to stand on their mountain that they want to die on so to speak.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 482

BHVR can get rid of NOED at the same time they get rid of Dead Hard. Seems like a fair trade to me!