If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

OhTofu says nothing but facts about SM for 40 seconds

Options

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,344
    Options
  • Hexonthebeach
    Hexonthebeach Member Posts: 342
    edited March 24
    Options

Yes this, her counterplay should be clearer. If you're on a gen under a drone everyone think: Ok' it's save but the drone is activated. Maybe the gen is scanned green and while sitting on the gen you're glowing green, too.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,849
    Options

Since her changes, she's been fine to face. There's nothing too tasking about her drone and they have been significantly weakened. The Skull Merchant was horrifically and poorly designed at her conception and reveal, but now she's much fairer to deal with.

It still surprises me people still have an issue with her. Before, she was the absolute rare exception to the "disconnecting is for spoilt, little brats", especially when she went for the 3-gen showdown. Now, there's no reason I can think of.

I still don't like her because as a character she's embarrassing. I'd never disconnect nor complain about facing her, though nor be a dick to anyone who plays her.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,451
    Options

Most people giving up probably don't even know she was reworked. People play they game not reading patch notes or visit forums like we do.

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 450
    edited March 24
    Options
    1. You completely ignore how much of the communities opinion is based around content creators, even those who aren't watching them will likely hear them sooner or later by someone blindly parroting them, i don't really watch any content creators except for a very few and i still hear a lot of others who i seriously can't be bothered to watch their videos/streams like Scott Jund for example.
    2. The ones defending Skull Merchant were in the extreme minority, and the claim that 3 Genning was never condemned or shamed is COMPLETELY made up by you, just see the community reception on this. Hell its mostly fixed and STILL people associate her with this to this day, proven by your post. The complaints about her 3 genning are some of the most frequent things you can find, still some of the videos with the highest view count on youtube regarding SM, BHVR gave her one of the fastest reworks ever and nerfed 3 gens after. And if your point is that a few ones who defended it were a problem then you're a hypocrit based on the first sentence of your post.
    3. An opinion isn't more right because its held by a group rather than an individual, thats not how anything works, its the experience and arguments that matter. If only 2-3% play against or as her enough to comfortably say they understand her mechanics than the 97% doesn't matter in any way since they are unable to give any meaningful input, its like saying someones input about treatment of diseases is just as valid as the one of a specialized doctor because he also got a human body even if he doesn't even know what what a skeleton looks like.
  • JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,300
    Options

Ok booping my snoot doesn't deactivate me, but it certainly will buy you some time! 🐷🐽

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

what do you mean? the traps are their power, so yes resetting a trap is getting your power back. every single trap-type killer is like this. demo, singlurarity, every single one. to @Seraphor post, I don't think it is the killer. it is the play-style.

I don't really get it. when I play hag, I 3 gen every single game with hag, almost from the beginning. no one cares. only when your skull merchant, you get special treatment. anyhow, my advice is to take Ohtofu advice and play the game out and accept L when the opponent plays better than you.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

disabling is irrelevant when she puts all her drones in any and every area survivors can run when she arrives at her 3 gen. you can't run around disable drones every 45 seconds.

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 210
    Options

Ohtufu is only one person. He said an opinion that aligns with killers where the game is only fun for one person. He said no facts.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,125
    Options

I don't know how, but how 90% of your comments completely repeat my thoughts? I don't really bother to answer to everyone, but i don't really need it, since I would just write almost same things as you. Love you, Birdmate, you are a bright mind, fighting for truth and not for convictions.

• fussy
    Options

And that's why he saying it after match AGAINST her? Opinion based on many matches AGAINST her? At least biased comments like this make me laugh, even if there is 0 sense in them.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,273
    Options

That take was wayyyy before tofu started to meddle in comp.

• mecca
    Options

But it's not facts. Most people find her oppressive and very unfun. She should be changed.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,273
    Options

Nah, and im not even talking about old slinger, mf thought post-nerf slinger was almost deserving of S tier, literally put him below artist, we are talking post nerf slinger, any person with eyes and ears and more than 100 hours should not get sniped by that killer ever and he is incredibly easy to beat in a swf. yes he will be a nightmare to soloq but with the quality of teamates in soloq even trapper is incredibly effective.

you can find the video on yt were he discusses why slinger may deserve S tier, he unironically almost placed him on S tier. However I want to clarify this is just something I use to poke fun at him (because its an awfull take) but I have not watched tofu recently, and seeing as he has dabbled into comp dbd probably he has more insight than he did before, so maybe eve he can see how funny that take was.

• fussy
    edited March 24
    Options

She is fine and even week whe you don't ignore her counterplay - fact.

People exaggerate about her more than she deserve it, because of biases from past they don't want to refuse - fact.

She is not that hard in the chase, there are at least 10 killers, who is more annoying and leave way less counterplay - fact.

Be honest with yourself and accept that exactly this killer will be "fine and fun" only when you can completely ignore her counterplay and won't be punished for it, and in chase she will be Trapper level.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 715
    edited March 24
    Options

That’s not the case there are many other killers that are way too oppressive in chase yet many people find them fun

pyramid head being one of them

• mecca
    Options

Thats how I feel The amount of skill required to play her is miniscule compared to what the survivors have to pull off.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

That... seems a bit extreme, my friend. It is not THAT difficult to escape from Skull Merchant in Solo Queue.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,046
    Options

Who decides if you have a dumb reason for hating a killer or not?

In the end it still all comes down to opinions, even if a majority of people agree that something is badly designed. I also have my doubts that everyone besides the avid SM fan club hates Skull Merchant to be honest. That just seems like a desperate attempt to disregard different opinions.

If you give up against Skull Merchant right from the get go, it really doesn't make you any better than someone who immediately gives up against Trapper, frankly.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,159
    edited March 25
    Options

See how you stack up!

Edit: Why on earth is this here? I think I posted this to the wrong thread....

Post edited by UndeddJester on
  • BlackRose89
    BlackRose89 Member Posts: 167
    Options

"Completely anecdotal, but every SM I've played against since her rework has been an absolutely toxic human being. I 100% believe she attracts the worst people in the community"

As you said this is anecdotal so why even bring it up? Doesn't prove anything. I can say the same thing about Billy Mains. Every Billy I have ever gone up against has been some of the most toxic players I have come across yet Billy mains are some of the most loved kill mains by this community. This is one of many reasons why Billy has been my most hated killer in the game ever since I started back in 2021. At the end of the day, I don't see the point of bring up an anecdotal statement esp when you even said it yourself that it's anecdotal.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 359
    Options

How others feel about SM, i feel about Hag.

And I don't DC or throw tantrums.if I can play against a Hag, nobody has any excuse.

And nobody hates Hag more than I do.

• GaunterODimmDBD
    GaunterODimmDBD Member Posts: 115
    Options

I would say she's A. Drone has no penalty spamming for it and is nothing but benefits even having Survivor constantly waste time interacting with it is a time waster throughout. It also makes survivor movements much predictable if say you lock the middle part of the map so they have no choice but to hug a part of the map you want them to.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

Why do I get so many comments just saying that I don't understand tactics? There is already a counter to SM, and it seems that there are many people who run away with nonsense, pretending that it is completely impossible and not being able to put it into practice is just a skill issue. In my eyes, they are only trying to defend themselves because they want to escape but don't want to be seen as weak.

And this is what I say over and over again on the forums: There are so many people who always feel like they can't get out of the gate because they can't escape the killer, but that's just a fantasy that's far removed from reality. If you truly believe that you are a decent survivor, no matter what kind of killer you are facing, if you can escape for at most 40 to 50 seconds, you should be able to survive more than half of the time. If not, one of the survivors is either slacking off on completing the gen or is just crouching in the grass in fear of being spotted by the killer.

• Raptoraurz
    Raptoraurz Member Posts: 7
    edited March 24
    Options

In what world do you call a 70% killrate a "worse than some other killers"? She is the first placed by Killrate, the second one is Onryo with 67% and the third place is Cenobyte/Freddy with 63% based on January 2024 stats. Even top tier killers aren't even top 5-10 by killrate.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

Wait until you play against me, my friend.

I'm a nice Skull Merchant, I promise!

I think she is far easier to beat than killers like Cenobite or Xenomorph, to be honest.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,344
    Options

I think she relies less on teammates than they do, but more on every Survivor having good macro sense.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,527
    Options

Stepping in here for a moment; please remember to keep the discussion civil & respectful: towards others, other players, and their thoughts and opinions.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 434
    Options

Honestly they need to completely rework her just take away the drones and give her a new power, change her aesthetics while they're at it. It's a lot of work but they're only cleaning up the mess they created.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,040
    Options

Pretty much, I agree with this dude's sentiment. If everyone involved is just going for a normal game and isn't giving up or griefing in some way, Skull Merchant matches are perfectly fine. The few I've gotten to play on the survivor side were even pretty fun, dodging her drones can be pretty engaging.

I do feel for BHVR, because they kind of have to do something in response to all this, but 90% of the feedback they get is completely unusable. How the heck do you balance your way out of a community perception issue? I don't envy them the task, that's for sure.

Hopefully whenever SM inevitably does get changes, they're sensible ones that alleviate the few actual problems she has.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,025
    Options

Glad to hear my friend. I will definitely try it when I meet you 👉️🐽

BTT:

I'm glad to hear that there are still some people who don't share the hatred of SM, regardless of whether they like the killer or not. Unfortunately, some of the arguments here in the forums are very unobjective and emotional. It feels like it's always the same people who express their dissatisfaction with SM. Saying SM is the worst designed killer in the game because you don't like them is just childish and doesn't bring about a serious discussion.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    Options

The thing is she's had such a bad reputation for so long I don't see anyone's opinion changing.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,300
    Options

A lot of the angst against SM is leftover from previous versions of her. I'm not saying it's fun to verse her now, it's not really, especially when your solo teammates don't/won't do what's needed against her. But it is ever so slightly better now, a lil. Maybe. 🤪