We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

What is my incentive to stay in a game with a hook camper or tunneler?

Options
Brightened
Brightened Member Posts: 289

1st Game:

Singularity hooks a Leon and starts to chase and down an Ada Wong.

Leaves her down and uses his teleport to come back to the hook right as the save happens on the Leon.

Why would I play this game? So I die on hook. :)

2nd Game:

Leon gets downed. Haddie gets downed right next to Leon.

Leon gets hooked. I go for Leon. Haddie gets hooked right next to Leon because the hooks are literally right next to each other most of the time.

Unknown hooks Haddie and then goes back to Leon's hook and then is able to hit me AND spit the bomb on me.

Why would I play this game? So I die on hook. :)

Like how are any measures being put in to actually help the survivors enjoy the game? In the past 2 years there has been nerfed flashlights, nerfed medkits, nerfed survivor perks, nerfed loops, nerfed boons, an increase in silent killers, an increase in anti-loop killers, an increase in teleporting killers, an increase in aura reading perks, an increase in screaming perks, an increase in exposure perks. What have survivors gotten exactly? The ability to unhook if a killer stays right in their face HOPEFULLY before they hit 2nd hook as long as no teammates are around? I'm sure the additional seconds to decisive strike will help in the next patch………….. as long as you do nothing that is considered a conspicuous action… such as existing.

I already know these forums are killer-sided. The devs are killer-sided as well. But if no one ever actually speaks up for the survivors, you're going to lose them all.

PLAYERS DO NOT ENJOY SOLO-QUEUING ANYMORE.

PLAYERS FRIENDS HAVE STOPPED PLAYING BECAUSE OF THE IMBALANCE SO THEY STOP PLAYING ALSO.

Comments

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,171
    Options

Preach it! The more balance this game tries to find, the more painful it becomes to play.

• Brightened
    Options

That's how I've been playing too, but I have to imagine that it's not fun for the other solo queued individuals I'm playing with either. So it just becomes miserable for everyone lol.

• sinkra
    sinkra Member Posts: 278
    edited April 15
    Options

More survivor nerfs on the way. First Adrenaline then probably Windows next. Devs also said in a recent Q&A they consider Buckle Up and FTP "problematic". It seems like they want to boost the kill rate to 70%.

• Brightened
    Options

That's not true in a solo queue game with 3 other random players. But I think that makes my point exactly.

• Brightened
    Options

It's not about your weird desire to tunnel and camp. It's about how the devs mitigate it so it's fair for both sides. :)

• Brightened
    edited April 15
    Options

Just to be clear- your answer is "play the game and hope it's fun even with the balancing issues" instead of them fixing it to make it more fun?

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,035
    edited April 15
    Options

I played Oni just got extremely fast gen rushers. I played fair in beginning and hooked multiple survivors but when it was claudette on death hook and last gen about to pop I finally tried to get 1 kill maybe 2 if im lucky but then survivor flasbanged me with background player and then lost claudette I went after other survivor with rage mode got them and hooked. Claudette went for save and I got them again with rage mode but then other survivor used for the people and buckle up (without buckle up both would died) and it was gg:s...

So what are the incentives to play fairly on killer? Because the point from that match is you get punished playing fairly and when you try to get kills too late. Only reward is you can make it better experience for survivors they are sure happy. Yes it's rewarding to win fairly like tunneling leaves the victory bit hollow quite often. But it's not simply possible to play fair agains't swf:s. The thing is you can't identifyi them always so you have to think everyone is swf. Maybe on pc you can win more easily but Im on console and killer is more limited.

So why killers shouldn't tunnel and camp when no-one can punish you? Next match I played nurse and tunneled mikaela out quickly at 4 gens. Ofcourse I won the match with 4K even slugged this time for it.

Post edited by Deathstroke on
  • EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 319
    edited April 15
    Options

I don't have alot of faith in the devs. I would love for them to fix the game and make it better. I won't hold my breath for it. When I que up I accept whatever happens in the match.

Some things I don't like some I do. Hell, my big one us totem placement. Like a hex right next to a gen? Seriously? Lol.

But ya, incentive is just to play the game. Devs will do what they want. I may agree or disagree, but I still play.

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 190
    Options

This does pose an interesting question: Are survivors entitled to a free reset per hook? (An unhook, healed to full, and the killer going after someone else is what I'd call a reset.) Furthermore, are there any instances where proxy camping wouldn't be frowned upon, such as you knowing survivors are near by, or a gen you want to defend in that vicinity?

I'd love a survivors input on this.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,218
    Options

Not shafting your teammates? Not giving the Killer an easy win?

(Unless, of course, you're less effective than the replacement bot. I'm not saying you are or are not as I have no idea how good of a player you are but the bot is more effective than some survivors. If that is the case DC away but if not you're shafting your teammates and rewarding the person you're actually mad at).

• duygu
    duygu Member Posts: 270
    Options

youre not the only player with bad teammates, accept it or stop playing soloq. it took them years to add the status indicators on HUD, maybe in another few years we'll finally get in-game text and voice chat. apparently it ruins the precious immersion of constantly screaming while running the big bad kpop star around a car on a preschool garden.

• Brightened
    edited April 15
    Options

I don't want to play against them lol. I don't want to be forced to play sweaty because I have to deal with a camper or tunneler every game… and yes… it's getting to the point where it's every game.

• Brightened
    Options

You must have mistaken me. I don't disconnect. I die on hook.

• Brightened
    Options

You're not the one having everything about your role in the game being nerfed constantly… it's not about you? lol

• Brightened
    Options

Because a game I used to enjoy playing both solo and with friends is going downhill due to the number of nerfs happening to survivors to make the game less balanced. Did you read the initial post or…?

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,554
    Options

Yeah, the crazy misplays in that post were definitely something @_@

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,056
    Options

It's the game you queued up for. Tunneling and camping aren't great to play against but when you queue up, you know that this can happen and you confirm that you are fine with it. That's why there is a penalty for disconnecting. Although it should be much higher, if it happens on a regular basis.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 8,958
    Options

Sounds like the killer gets a free kill for doing this. So why play any different?

• THE_Crazy_Hyena
    THE_Crazy_Hyena Member Posts: 214
    edited April 15
    Options

Sometimes when I play killer, I run silly builds like Scratched Mirror Myers, just to scare the living daylights out of players. Other than that, I do play fair, and I often challenge myself to hook everyone at least once before trying to take someone out. More often than not, the survivors will escape, but I still had a good time with chases and such. One thing I can say about killer players is that most of them nowadays are lazy, only going for the easy win (read: tunneling and camping). So a word to those who play killer: Try challenging yourselves instead of just taking the easy route all the time. That way, you make the game more interesting for everyone. Same can be said about survivors running BNP commodious and every meta perk there is.

I also almost never run a meta build, because that is often really boring. Where is the innovation and experimentation? That is why I absolutely loved the randomized perk modifiers. You had to work with what you got, and find ways to do your best with your given set.

As a survivor, I never run meta builds either. Meta = boring gameplay. I hardly ever run exhaustion perks, but since screaming and aura reading perks are so prevalent these days, I do what I can to counter those.

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 443
    edited April 15
    Options

I really don't see any solution to tunneling any time soon. A nearly dead survivor and a never hooked survivor both fix gens at the same rate. There is literally no reason not to kill a nearly dead survivor if you know you have the opportunity to, and you are playing to win.

I know it probably wouldn't happen, but I think some sort of penalty to survivor efficiency depending on hook stages would be the best solution. Make it so survivors repair gens faster than in the current live game, but after being hooked the first time, they lose that buff and have their repair speed equal to how it is now, or a bit lower idk.

This gives killer a reason to hook survivors that have not yet been chased, as if they don't spread the pressure, they risk gens being popped even faster. We can tweak, nerf and buff numbers on both sides to account for this. The important thing is that the repair speed buff needs to be strong enough to be comparable to losing out 1 survivor early in the match.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,235
    Options

Other than an honor system, none really.

You won't pip.

You aren't gonna get any points.

You probably aren't gonna have a fulfilling match.

The only reason to stay is out of some kind of moral obligation to someone who clearly doesn't care about the fun of others. Which, you know, that's their choice. You are free to make your own.

• sinkra
    sinkra Member Posts: 278
    Options

There is no counterplay to tunnelers when facing an unloopable killer.

• NarkoTri1er
    NarkoTri1er Member Posts: 67
    Options

what does killer have to do with your teammates? They didn't choose who you are gonna play with lol