Plague needs love and attention.

Comments

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I know! 37-0 *knock on wood* Tbh I am actually shocked (but pleased.) I hope the devs fix her.

Give the people what we want!

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Hopefully they will at least post in here that this issue is being brought to the devs attention.

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

After the last stream, I don't think the devs play with Plague. They treated her like a joke 🤦

Plague definitely need buffs and I'm not talking about her speed but maybe vile purge. Still annoys me on how survivors can deal so easily with her power. The instaheal thing doens't work on her favour, her add ons doesn't make any difference and well, not to mention how ######### time you waste in a chase since she's tall and easily spotted. I think they should change broken to exposed status and let survivors healing after her attacks to give more time. Or at least let survivors suffer from penalitys when they're work on gens like madness from Doctor. 

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Plague, I'll give you my katana and do your hair. We can haunt together <3

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Like 4 other killers need TLC before plague... shes not like legion where the community hates her... shes fine.... LF, freddy, trapper, wraith, doc can use some love as well...

• Blueberry
    edited May 2019

She's about in the same spot as Legion, maybe even worse. They suffer from the same issue.

I agree the rest of those need love too though.

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294

I think Plague needs some buffs to the Vile Purge, for example make it slow down repair speed a little for the infected.

Or maybe to make it that the gens take longer to repair if they are infected. Normally that wouldn't be consistent but survivors at max infection infect everything around them so at max infection they would be at a permanent speed repair debuff until they cleanse.

It even could be done as an addon but would be better being in the base kit with a small debuff while addons would increase it.

• Blueberry

Exactly and it's also only momentary pings not constant. They can also block them with lockers. They only way this really gets out of hand it if the entire team is refusing to heal and that's entirely the purpose of the change. It makes it much more dangerous to ignore the fountains but if they really don't like it they can just cleanse.

• Blueberry

Her bloodpoint gains also seem lower than they should be as well.

• pemberley

I agree. I feel like the very nature of her power messes with her brutality scores, but also her devious points suffer as well. Throwing up on objects should be at least 100, it would also be cool if the longer a survivor is sick or infected, Plague periodically gets a passive amount of points too.

Here is to hoping we hear more about her soon!

If they’re looking at Leatherface, surely Plague is on the menu right???

• Blueberry
    edited May 2019

Increasing points for how long they were infected for sounds pretty nice!

They upped her bloodpoint gain a little in that hotfix the other day from a bug she had but I can't even tell. Compared to when I play other killers she just gets so few points it feels pitiful.

From the way they talked it seemed Leatherface was on the menu but much further down than some other killers. I'm hoping Plague is right after Freddy and Legion. She's definitely in the lower bracket of killers right now imo which is another reason you rarely ever see her. I mean seriously I see more Clowns than I do Plagues and people think seeing a Clown is rare as hell lol.

• Blueberry

I really like this idea way more than even the other ones we thought of. We'd just need to think of a new affect for the current Black Incense.

Any ideas?

• MasonMyers69
    MasonMyers69 Member Posts: 246

@Peanits @not_queen anything tosay on this?

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

I figure BVHR is completely satisfied with how Plague turned out. After all, it's not the skill of the killer determining the matches that they're trying to balance around. So long as the survivors can stop the killer from not only catching them, but from using the most appealing part of their kit, it's a major success.

It doesn't surprise me that McClean had a hand in Plague's design. For someone that doesn't seem awful at the game, he doesn't seem to understand what makes the best killers as strong as they are (hint: powers not being under the control of survivors is one of those things).

• Blueberry
    edited May 2019

"Broken Survivors that then give off the aura when vomiting infect lockers when they hide in them making them easy to spot, and the vomiting can still be heard within a few metres of said locker (useful if Plague is on the other side of a wall). Hiding in lockers to hide an aura is a terrible idea for fully infected survivors to do. "

The key takaway from what I said had nothing to do with hiding in lockers when she's nearby. The infected lockers and hearing them vomiting are just a given. I was referring to when you are cross map.

"Black incense as a base kit feature would be way too strong, because the pings happen frequently enough to make her tracking almost as good as Freddy. "

I don't think it's nearly that strong. I'm also referring to it only working in the broken state, not infected at all times. It's also still quite easily cleansed if they don't want it.

"So even if this forced survivors to more urgently seek out fountains, it’s too easy to follow where they are going and down them at a fountain mid cleanse."

You must be playing at low ranks because this scenario isn't happening against any survivor that isn't just stupid. There are plenty of pallets and windows that they aren't getting caught mid cleanse, that's just ridiculous.

I would go as far as to say that even if she did get my change, she still wouldn't be rank 1 viable. Aura reading isn't nearly as strong as you think it is against competent rank 1 survivors because finding survivors is never the issue in this game. Pallets and windows are still so strong it doesn't mean much.

• vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381
    edited May 2019

I think when it comes to the Plague, the best way to change her is to make both powers equally as good but in different areas so people have to make a tough decision that will ultimately encourage more people to want to cleanse, forcing it for instance is not the solution here as the power entirely revolves around both sides making choices.

I believe that a good way to help Plague is to introduce a new tier of sickness and how it would work is simple ;

Plague can put you into broken after reaching maximum tier 1 sickness, however she cannot put you into tier 2.

To achieve tier 2 it's based on a timer of how long you don't cleanse outside of a chase meaning that it's totally on you if you never cleanse. To indicate your progress towards tier 2 sickness a darker green bubble will appear and inflate outwards until that's the new icon overlay. When you achieve maximum tier 2 sickness you're inflicted with hindered (5%?) & a 25% action speed debuff.

While tier 2 might sound very strong when combined with being broken, keep in mind that it's totally the survivor's fault if they get it as the Plague will not be able to inflict it herself and can still be removed with the 6 second action that is cleansing. Basically, it's an idea to encourage more cleansing by giving survivors a tougher choice of what kind of a game they're going to want.

• Blueberry

"the broken state is the fully infected state. "

That is correct.

"And if survivors knew they were always giving off an aura periodically, wouldn’t this further discourage cleansing? Because how much more vulnerable and risky it would be to do so?"

That doesn't make any sense. It would encourage cleansing because they don't want their aura shown. It wouldn't be more vulnerable or risky to cleanse.

"We want conditions that make a cleanse imperative without it feeling risky to survivors, otherwise it’s not attractive for them to do so."

This seems exactly what I've suggested. I still see no real downsides to my idea.

• Blueberry

The Plague is also having some issue with her Emblems. It is way harder to pip on her compared to the other killers. Note that I don't mean kills or hooks, but pipping.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

What you're suggesting is that the survivor would spend the entire game running instead of cleansing, working on gens, etc.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,244

I made a longer post in the balance subforum today, but I can summarize it. Spent a long time playing her yesterday and today. She's almost completely reliant on survivor mistakes.

Survivors at higher ranks (purple and red) tend to not cleanse and then cleanse as one. She lacks the map presence to take advantage of multiple broken survivors unless they make the mistake and group up while broken, which again, good survivors won't do. If someone goes down, then they'll cleanse in unison and undo all of the work you did.

Corrupt Purge is inefficient to gain and not threatening due to how slowed down she is when holding it, plus the hit detection is iffy. It's almost always a net loss to go and get it.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

I'm starting to main plague now, Legion isn't doing it for me anymore. I rather like her. She has the potential to be a very high killer

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536

She's really fun but she can be counterplayed fairly easily by survivors who know the matchup.

• pemberley

Yeah, that hit detection is severely screwed up. On both sides I have experienced missed hits that CLEARLY should have hit (and a bit more rare, the opposite.)

Even those survivors who do cleanse out of sync are quickly learning to either go to a pool that’s near a done gen or a pool that’s furthest from Plague so going there would waste even MORE time for her.

Plague has so many drawbacks that play right into the survivor hands, it’s really ridiculous.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

reminder that i was right

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited May 2019

Currently, she's unplayable without perks. Her addons are o.k., though her Ultra Rares are literally worthless, and the best ones to pick are the Vile Purge effectiveness stacking.

She becomes kind of like a better designed Doctor in this situation.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

A couple of small buffs that I believe would help plague gain more map pressure and viability in the mid-high ranks:

1. Give survivors the Hindered status whenever they vomit for the duration of the vomiting. This is a small and periodic de-buff to survivors that makes the Plague more of a threat in a chase but not so much that she becomes OP or too oppressive, and it would encourage survivors to cleanse at fountains more.
    2. Also while a survivor vomits give them a 6m AoE that infects everything within its radius. This allows the sickness to spread throughout the maps less predictably and reduces the workload on the Plague herself. Currently survivors spread the sickness to each other by rescuing an infected survivor, working on a gen with a fully infected survivor or healing a downed infected survivor, all of which required direct interactions, otherwise the Plague has to infect them and objects herself all of the time. Adding this will make the sickness spread feel more like a Plague, apply more pressure to the map for her, make the add-on's that increase infection time on objects more noticeable, increase the chances of the sickness spreading to other survivors, and help her gain the contagious (25bp) scoring events more often.
  • CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

Her vomit should work like Thanataphobia, lowers progress on everything. Make her Vile Purge more deadly but her Corrupted Purge will need a slight nerf to her timer.

On top of that, if the survivors holds off on cleansing I'm proposing a timer on the right hand side that will put you on the dying state once its run out.

It's a virus people, it wiped out her entire population of followers.

• pemberley
    edited May 2019

That sounds like a good idea. Raise the stakes! I don’t think she needs a nerf to Corrupt but I would take a nerf to it if it meant that Vile had legs to stand on.

I still think there should be a base exhaustion effect, even if only when broken or briefly during vomiting. You’re sick with Plague, and you sure as hell wouldn’t be running no marathons let alone wanting to move at all.

I really hope tomorrow we might hear some news regarding Plague. You know something is wrong when you see legions of Legion even post “ahh Legion’s dead!” but a Plague, much like Head On, is like a unicorn.

Edit: 50 likes-0! Devs please do something!

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531

I remember plague from ptb and i think then omg finaly some good or strong killer.I buy her with out check patch notes in premier and the i got this ######### moment somthing is wrong.But hey soon you got new killer who got some nerfs after ptb.And meta on red ranks dont change at all hili or nurse mayby hag huntres from 13 killers only 2/4 viable?

• Alonzo
    Alonzo Member Posts: 151

Yes the Plague seems to need a bit of buff. While playing as survivor I haven't seen anyone playing with her lately or overall. Would be a shame to be a killer that goes to waste.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@Blueberry

What if a fully infected survivor had a 10% action penalty? This includes, but is not limited to repairs, healing, cleansing, opening, and sabotaging.

I know, another healing penalty, but honestly, why would you heal someone in the first place when you're infected?

• Blueberry
    edited May 2019

Well tbh I still don't think they'd heal. We know how little affect Thanata has and survivors don't care about that.

I'd like maybe that 10% slow and either the vomiting animation give them periodic animation locks for it OR the Black Incense affect at base while broken.

The little bit of slow will help her getting completely gen rushed which is what's happening right now and one of those other 2 effects to make it a little more dangerous to stay injured so they want to cleanse.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited May 2019

@Blueberry sorry didn't notice the response. How about the second a survivor cleanses themselves, you instantly get the power. So it saves Plagues time that is wasted.

• Blueberry
    edited May 2019

Well the time Plague wastes going to pick up her corruption is actually huge. Many times I even forgo even trying to get one just because it's just way too far and I can't avoid all that pressure gone.

That said, survivors don't cleanse enough for that to matter. Against good survivors you are lucky if you even get Corrupted Purge twice. I'd like your change as it wastes her too much time currently, but it alone isn't going be enough to make her more viable. She needs to be able to get Corrupted Purge more often.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850
    edited May 2019

1.4k views and devs are not even paying attention to this

• Blueberry

The OP should probably @ the devs to notice it.

Also, someone just gave this thread its first downvote...feels bad.

• pemberley

I @ at @Peanits in one of the posts on here, but no reply. Do you mean in the original post? Would it still ping them even after it’s been like a week since posting?

I know :( I saw. But hey, 50/51 to 0 is a pretty good ratio I would say. I’m going to think that downvote was just a troll, like many downvotes on here are wont to do.

• Blueberry
  • xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

Unfortunately they won't touch princess power. She got a great design/background but lacks pressure like our fellow Jeffrey/Herman/Bubba killers. if they make her how she was during PTB he would be way better.

• pemberley

Tbh the effect in between healthy and broken should cause concern in survivors because unlike Freddy, Miss Plague takes a lot longer than 7 seconds to make someone broken (without the emetics.) Plague should be rewarded for her work and the survivors should feel threatened when sick, even if it hasn’t ticked up all the way.

Keep in mind that Plague not only takes longer than Freddy to have an effect on them but she completely bypasses healing - something a Freddy could force AND make a build around.

That is so much time working against Plague.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Then they are choosing not to recognize it cause they dont want to give plague buffs probably