Plague needs love and attention.

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I think I see more Clowns than I do Plagues and we never see Clowns.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

We need plague buffs and we need it now

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

She is top tier

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

She could be but right now she’s circling bottom tier with Leatherface. Only Ghostface is worse off than she is and that’s a whole other banana.

The good news is she has the bones and structure to get to top tier with some love and attention. But make no mistake, she doesn’t even come close to Nurse, Billy, or Spirit.

• GrootDude
    edited June 2019

I play R1 LF without perks or add ons ez (I was in a downvote contest with a friend, I lost disregard this.)

• Drazen
    Drazen Member Posts: 400

4.6k views and no dev gives a single f*ck wow they doing some great #########

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

in what engine is she top tier?

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300

i mean if she gets attention can we disable stacking effectiveness? along with her getting a buff. thanks.

• Blueberry

Honestly if she got the buffs we were talking about I'd be totally fine reducing how fast she can transition you from sick to broken. This would turn her into more of a spread pressure killer rather than just tunneling into each person

• GrootDude

Just to clarify, I was in a downvote competition with a friend when I said that.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

This is how they balance new killers tho.. all fluff and no bite unless they pay heavily for the chance to occasionally have fun through rare add-ons.

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

Just make it so that every 45-60 seconds, a pool of devotion changes to corrupted if at least 1 person is broken. Her power is fixed.

• MasterUff
    MasterUff Member Posts: 78

The devs had to be some madmen if they thnk plague is top tier. I even saw a streamer losing hard with her. HIs game with trapper was much better. Imo Plague is strong like doctor. And that means really weak.

• Blueberry

Yeah I think the devs also underestimate how punishing it is picking up the Corrupted Purge at fountains. Even if you get a survivor that cleanses, you lose a TON of time and pressure going out to the boondocks to pick it up. This is in a meta where you already don't have the time for your objective. There's a lot higher of a cost to using Corrupted Purge than they think it is.

If you even get a Corrupted Fountain anyway...which we won't unless the gates are powered anyway or the survivors are potatoes.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    edited June 2019

They said in the PTB that they where going to do that but think that action penalty are unfun for survivors so they didn't.

Personally I think they should remove the slowdown when charging, holding and releasing your purge, there was no reason to add these after the PTB when everyone thought she was fine.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531

Imho plague should got her lethal vomit when surc cleanse in fountain np need run on second half of map for me to take my power.Just surv cleanse in gountain i got power instantly a lot of save time.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

On that note it might be cool if her fountains had stacks she could activate by push of a button.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,305

The only thing i want for her is removal of  slowdown when charging, holding and releasing vile purge. I don\t care if it's add-on or just base kit. Speaking of add-on, does anyone use Iridescent Seal? I just don't understand what went through developers heads when they developed an pink add-on that decreases duration and movement speed for a minor benefit of getting corrupt purge. I'd seriously want to ask them why they think 2 demerits for one positive is a good trade for add-on.

• Blueberry

That addon doesn't deserve any of the downsides they attached to it. They just need to remove all those negatives from it and it will look decent. They have a habit of putting unnecessary downsides on ultra-rares to where they just aren't worth using.

• MasonMyers69
    MasonMyers69 Member Posts: 246

I've noticed this a lot, since legion, look at ghostface's on the PTB for example, the greens are way better, his "ultra rares" are #########, someone needs to rethink the balance team at BHVR

• Blueberry
    edited June 2019

Yeah this is why most killers best addons are their very-rare or rare addons. With all the downsides, most killers ultra-rares end up gimmicky at best.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,450

Yeah at least they’re actually trying to balance the killers. Can’t say the same for a lot of perks though. There are some that have been horrible since launch(looking at your Monstrous Shrine & TINH).

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

and still, the devs wont give a ######### like always. she is gonna stay trash until a rework maybe next year lel

• Alonzo
    Alonzo Member Posts: 151

I went into the red rank zone again. Gave up the Plague and got myself the Hag. Right now I don't see any reason why anyone would play with the Plague when you can get the Spirit or Hag. I feel a bit sad for my 9k shards but hopefully they will fix her one day. I think the fix would be to reduce the speed actions of survivors when infected like some people said in this thread.

• Blueberry

Yeah we don't see threads get this big that often. The majority of the community is in agreement on how weak Plague is and that she needs help. Hopefully this thread helps them realize that.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

Plague was fine in the PTB. If they won't revert her speed nerf then she needs buffs to Vile Purge.

• Survivors should have a -25 action speed reduction if they are broken.
    • The rate that survivors get infected while preforming actions needs to be increased.
    • Rework Black Incense.
  • Blueberry

I like your changes, but what's your issue with Black Incense?

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

Lol good luck with that. The nerfs after PTB proved where the powers that be wanted this killer

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Went against a Vommy Mommy last night, she had to super tunnel AND for a fellow Survivor to do unsafe unhooks WITHOUT Borrowed Time to gain any momentum....I personally ran her long enough to make her give up chasing me TWICE, managed to do almost all the Gens myself, distract her for unhooks and was able to get away without any fear of being downed or Killed....unlike most other Killers that tend to provide some threat...Vommy Mommy just ends up wasting valuable time using a fun Ability that honestly doesn't impact the game too much.

I've played her and can do decently but that's mostly on the Survivor's fault or a decent play of my own and using her strong add-ons for faster Broken Status...which feel mandatory as #########. Doesnt strike me as a good spot for her outside of "fun" games and actually providing good pressure. A good Nurse, Billy, Hag, Myers and even Pig just excel at being a threat...heck Trapper with well placed Traps can snag and deny Survivors a good loop/chase and get some strong momentum...Plague gets that purely through the Survivor's dictating things (and only if it's fully capitalized, denied by looping well or waiting out it's durstion).

That match I mentioned before? I only got hit once by her and that was thru a lucky hitbox on her Corrupted Purge hitting me...which she got from someone cleansing a little too early.

• Blueberry

I honestly wouldn't even give her the "fun" metric anymore seeing as no one cleanses, which means you are never getting to use her power. You spend the whole game just being a basic M1 killer with a 1 one shot but being easily loopable because of her massive TR and large size.

• Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387

There are so many comments on this! Holy crap! I've never seen so bloody many comments on somebodies' post just to ask to have Plague get "love and attention"!

• MasonMyers69
    MasonMyers69 Member Posts: 246

5.4k views, bhvr, the fact this is even past 2k should make you think something's up, look at how popular this thread is, look how many people say plague Is weak/not fun, she's not, the ideas there but the action is crap. It's not fun to not be allowed to use your own popwer because survivors say no. You could make it so survivors feel they need to cleanse i.e slowdown.

• Blueberry
    edited June 2019

That's how you know a killer needs help when even the survivors agree she's weak and feel bad for her. Especially with the amount of upvotes this page has received, it's quite clear there are issues with Plague that need addressing and the community agrees on it.

She has so much potential in play style that hasen't been facilitated yet.

• Blueberry
    edited June 2019

Well as you'll see earlier in this discussion a dev stated that their stats show Plague as a "top tier" that 4k's at rank 1 and as such don't feel the need to touch her. However in another thread they also admitted that those same stats are heavily flawed and not a true representation...

So you can see why that is frustrating to most the player base as that is an extreme contradiction.

I don't mean this in a disrespectful or rude way whatsoever, but that means it is only 1 of 2 things:

1. Intentional deception
    2. Incompetence

Unless the things they have said were worded poorly and didn't mean what they said...or there's metrics they are also using that they just refuse to show us...

It's like the stats are only valuable for using when they favor the decision we wanted to make anyway.

• OutbreakJack
    OutbreakJack Member Posts: 62

I wish they would just fix her Devious score. If the circle is filled half way by the end of the match I consider it a win. We went from the old days of killers maxing out devious pretty quickly and they'd nerf the numbers later to barely giving any devious score and sometimes buffing it way down the line.

• Blueberry

The problem isn't with her Devious scoring. The problem is that no one cleanses which means she almost never gets to use her power to actually gain much Deviousness.

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231

I don't think she's that bad, but i wouldn't mind a slight reduction on repair speeds if infected.

I understand why people don't cleanse, because its easier to be 1 hit all game than deal with her corrupt purge. Its so strong its better not to give it to her.

@Blueberry i assume you're red ranks, but at green ranks i have yet to go against a full team of people that don't cleanse, and its rare to get more than 1 person that stays broken. Most survivors cleanse against me before they're even in broken state from infection.

• Blueberry

That's part of why she's very strong at low ranks when people don't know what they're doing, but so is every killer with no addons or perks for that matter.

The issue is more with her at high ranks.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

I honestly don't understand this Plague rants. If survivors don't cleanse they are all one hit ponies. If they cleanse you have aoe ranged attack. Win-win. In addition survivors can't really hide in tight spots, because she can instadown then. She is not the best but she is pretty good and versitile.

Was she nerfed and i didn't notice?

• Blueberry
    edited June 2019

"Was she nerfed and i didn't notice?"

She was nerfed post PTB

"If survivors don't cleanse they are all one hit ponies."

At red ranks no one cleanses. I'm assuming that because you think staying broken is dangerous that you don't play at red ranks. There are more than enough pallets and windows to get 5 gens done and still have more left.

Staying injured isn't as dangerous as you think it is when you know how to loop.