Did they change their mind on giving out event exclusives?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

There was no triple blood point 'events' before the legacy cut off date. There was ONE double BP event that lasted I believe 2 days. That was it.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options
  • RockoRango
    RockoRango Member Posts: 554
    Options

Fantastic PR btw, I just have to point this out: Support will restore event items that hardly outdated legacies, like the first anniversary event (In which you released those 'exclusive cosmetics' anyway), they believe that the black market for those cosmetics were hurting the game economically so they release them to everyone, and STILL people who lost their legacy DON'T GET IT and the black market for hacked legacy profiles is still flourishing.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

At this point, Idk if i should bother grinding events

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822
    Options

Those cosmetics are two+ years old and there's lots of new players, why is there so much complaining

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

bhvr: legacy players are more important to us than you

also bhvr: oh yea cant give u lost legacy back LOL

• RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507
    Options

Lol dude, I was there for the BBQ event, I know the ######### I'm talking about. It wasn't hard, it was laughably easy and honestly a bit boring after a while. The only reason I missed the first Lunar Event is because I wasn't playing at the time. How long have you been playing oh great one?

Also how have they not earned it? The qualifications for earning them were literally doing special hooks and gens, gtfoutta here. They've been doing gens and hooks all this freaking time, or they will be, they'll have more than earned it by that qualification.

You crybabies are acting like you had to make a blood ######### sacrifice to earn these things, no, no you did not. You did normal gameplay and hell you even earned EXTRA BP if you brought the offerings. OMG all you people whining about what do we get as compensation, you already got it, for being there. You also had gens count if you like brought the offering, even if you didn't work on the gen itself. Omg, amazing, innovative. OMG, wow. Who, who would've thought.

If events were better or had you have to go out of your way to do things other than your objective to get them, and then also do the objective itself. I'd say you have a point. (And no, grabbing a special lantern that makes you glow doesn't count. You grab the lantern, you do the gens, you get out you get to keep it. Big whooppity do basil.) Honestly the only event so far that's come close to being slightly innovative was the first Hallowed Blight. You had to do an objective other than your objective if you wanted to get the special stuff, though you could suicide on hook after you milked all the plants and just get slightly less juice, or do the game as normal and get it all, either way it actually added something to the game. Not a lot, it was like cleansing squishier totems, but still. Killer's sadly still had to do special hooks. So not much innovation on their part.

BTW Fortnite battlepasses and events usually have WAY more to ######### do than DBD ever has, like...the equivalency isn't even ######### there (they had ######### Marshmello, they had a robot/giant monster battle, you actually have to go to places and do things other than your normal objective, which BTW is also killing people lol, in order to progress in the battlepass, or just play the game for many many hours. Like, dude. DBD wishes they could have events like freaking Fortnite my dude.). And you know what I'd say, you know what, hell yeah they can have the free skins. I don't freaking care, they are cosmetics in a videogame meant to bring joy and entertainment to the masses. Not a ######### contest to show who's the best ######### whale.

• RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507
    Options

Oh no, other people will get to use the recolor only I was originally allowed to use. Q.Q

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

No one “paid” for Summer BBQ skins. It’s simply an entitlement issue... “waaaah, I EARNED my digital skins that provide no meaningful value to my life but NO ONE else should have them!”

• Rey_512
    Options

Well duh, they just got released. Use that Big Brain you claim to have to understand that people will most likely use newly released cosmetics. After the first couple days it changes.

Also, now the people that had “earned” their Summer BBQ but lost them due to glitches have it available now. Shouldn’t you be glad for them?

• AlexoBlue
    AlexoBlue Member Posts: 46
    Options

First thing:

It's good thing that everyone gets the award,I do.

but JUST don't treat the old players like sh*t while saying "It's not a matter of prioritizing newer players over older players", it is, we all know you want new blood in dbd and give two sh*ts about what old players think.

Why bother making a event since the skins are added to everyone's account anyway?

I remember back when they decide to make all exclusive skins available to all players, they tried to make Howling Ground/BBQ Event skins available to all players too, them many players post they should not doing so, because it's a slap in the face to all players who actually attended and played the event, and then the dev re post news about taking the advice of community and not giving out these skins, until today...

They bite their own tongue...and make the excause to enlight all the after event players.

Apprently,

Quote: from game of thrones:

Qyburn (to Pycelle)This pains me, my lord. Whatever your faults, you do not deserve to die alone in such a cold, dark place. But sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest. The longer you wait, the worse it'll be for you.

Keep bite tongue and trash the old.

Just give out the legacy to everyone already, at this point, even they post this so called news about not giving out the legacy, maybe 1 years later they will just post a new news about giving out legacy outfits and 4th aniversary events skins!

why not give out in-game store outfits to everyone since some players paid for it but some players who doesn't have the money for it still wanna having it?

(Second bad news this month after the story of TLOU 2)

Bravo.

• Rey_512
    Options

You also forget that the devs have stated that there is no other way to grant these event skins to players who lost them through glitches (there was no way to identify those specific players). The easiest way was to unlock Summer BBQ/Lunar New Year for everyone to ensure that those people that earned them could have them again.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

Then it's not "variety."

My big brain tells me that giving everyone the same cosmetics, everyone will start looking the same. You want exclusives and timed cosmetics in order for them to look different. A Fox Headed Huntress was rare to see, a Golden Jacket David from time to time was nice to see.

Now they're everywhere, this isn't "Variety."

My big brain tells me that you think conforming = variety.

It isn't.

• irishbutcher
    irishbutcher Member Posts: 77
    Options

imagine working for cosmetics that eventually turn into default outfits lol. they just have the rarity "EVENT" and "ULTRA RARE" slapped on them. it's exactly like a common cosmetic. i just hope BHVR makes better exclusives for the future so people can stand out more with cosmetics. it would show their long term support to the game. if legacy was such an issue, BHVR should do a second wave but make it incredibly hard to get. to the point of people only being able to obtain legacy 3 if they are lucky. most people would probably only be able to obtain one.

before any of you rant about how long the bloodweb was and all that, im well aware. read what i have to say again.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options
  • Caio
    Caio Member Posts: 2
    Options

So, you guys were going to give the skins of 2018 along with the rest of the exclusives right? But you decided it was better not to give these skins, because it would be very unfair to those who were there to get them. And now you gave it to everyone, isn't it unfair to you anymore?

• Speshul_Kitten
    Options

It’s called not carrying about what your veterans think because they probably have already spent enough money

• Rey_512
    Options

It was rare because a lot of people lost their cosmetics due to glitches, hence the reason for the devs deciding to release these to everyone so those that rightfully earned their could get them back (since it was impossible to identify them otherwise).

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

Replacing event with legacy and it all adds up. Yet somehow leaving the people behind who lost their legacy is ok.

I don't understand you.

• Alpha8512_Xbox
    Alpha8512_Xbox Member Posts: 34
    Options

I've made 3 posts about David's jacket. I hope they keep this in if it is a bug. I thought it was stupid how they let other event exclusive items left in the game and not that jacket.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
  • Han
    Han Member Posts: 196
    Options

Sorry but what kind of dumb explanation is that?

This is the same thing you told us last time. Then you said you fixed it. Guess you didn't.

So because some got screwed over, you decided to screw everyone over? Interesting decision.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same problem that you have with Legacy? That people lost it and you can't restore it? Why don't you give Legacy to everyone then? Because let me quote you hear "leaving those people behind is not an option".

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 525
    Options

Thank you BHVR!!!

• Speshul_Kitten
    Options
  • Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673
    Options

Did this guy just said who tf cares what og players think? You talking like veterans are killing this game.

Back then so much things were wrong in this game but the core players stayed through this all the time. the core members that are the "old players" you called. We supported the game through any sht that happened. We are talking about thousands that never left and without them the game wouldnt be that popular as it is now. veterans streamt the game and never stopped, making cosplays, videos and montages.

Many veterans helped the developer team making right decisions when it came to changing sth. Bc many veterans are very experienced and loyal players. And you talk like: Put them in the trashcan? If we can rid of any player then it's you. If we would be that nonsense.

Sure dbd needs new players. But its core playerbase are these veterans. And the topic here is, as you might missed, that they're deleting any exclusive except legacy for reasons legacy falls under.

And seriously it's enough now. Personally I always supported that Legacy should be exclusive but with the latest change to the lunar cosmetics it changed. The reasons why they published them? Fits perfect why they should also make Legacy public. Theres literally no reason anymore and sayin "it was made before a rework" Yea. Many things got major changed or reworked and many things back then were hard af.

And if their politics are: "We don't want exclusives" Then Legacy isn't an exception at all anymore. Any reasons my they made any exclusive public fits perfect to Legacy.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Considering I've seen people saying you didnt even know you were getting legacy until it changed, wasnt THAT a participation trophy? You played before X change, and got something for hitting a marl that was in no way impossible.

Same exact thing as event cosmetics. Just a different scale/time frame.

Also, if you did lose legacy, why would you not be in favor of just releasing all exclusives to everyone? You would get legacy back.

• Carpemortum
    Options

Then give it to any account before the cutoff date. Even THAT would be better than refusing to release it as a whole, only to alienate the players who earned and LOST it due to behaviours own issues.

• Carpemortum
    Options

So this entire comment isnt the exact same situation as legacy? Please elaborate how.

-earned in a system before it was changed

-earned but lost

-couldnt be returned to some players

-kept exclusive to not alienate old players

-given for free to everyone because some couldnt get theirs recovered and were alienated

Just. Like. Legacy.

And now that yoube went and done it with event cosmetics, you've opened the door to floods of comments just like this. Because your own logic has put you in a hole. Should have just kept event items that were earned exclusive. People will be asking for legacy daily now, and with perfect logic and understanding from Behaviour as to why/how it should happen.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

Thats the entire point of people wearing Legacy lol. They couldve just added a different variant if 'missing out' was a factor in cosmetics then we'd all have legacy by now.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

If you think a 2000 hour huntress wont outperform a 2 hour huntress I think you're the one on a different planet.