Revert the Mori Change Devs

Options

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,730
    Options

No, BHVR should have disabled the Offering until they could spend more time on it to make it both worthy of our bloodpoints and not unfun for Survivors.

• Price_Diaz
    Price_Diaz Member Posts: 5
    Options

Not exactly a subtle change though, if they’re gonna change moris to essentially be PHeads power they could at least make the ebony not a pink, as now it’s not really worth the 7 or so K points

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

you know you dont need moris to kill a survivor? Just hook them

• Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122
    Options

LOL

You really think they give easy wins?

They NEVER give wins - now they will.

It was always Entity Displeased when I would first hook Mori everyone so no, it doesn't help you win.

• nea_the_entity
    nea_the_entity Member Posts: 12
    Options

Well I play survivor a lot and sometimes play killer but I just want to say that a toxic swf with a key should be changed just as much as moris which I thought since keys open hatch and you can have add ons to see the killer or survivors they should make it where it takes a little bit of time to open until it opens which you don't just jump and it magically opens cuz some toxic swfs can bring blueprints so they know where hatch spawns,clutch perks like ds or unbreakable or soul guard, and toolboxes to gen rush(if ppl bring toolboxes in 2020) or flashlights. Also the add new content to the game which what the devs should do after adding new content is fixing the old stuff and it's understandable that they have to work at home due to covid but still I think less new content and more fixing original stuff would be best.

• Cable2486
    Cable2486 Member Posts: 249
    Options

No one ever said anything about needing moris to get kills. At this point with this change, Mori add-ons are now useless, where is the purple or pink key kind of allow an entire team to escape. That's not balanced, that's giving into a bunch of survivors whining.

• Eorpwald
    Eorpwald Member Posts: 46
    Options

I've never used a Mori. I just use Devour Hope

• BenTenSimpForMen
    Options

Mardy toxic killer mains "waaa I don't like the fact they made a healthy quality of life change to moris"

• QuAd_Rambo
    QuAd_Rambo Member Posts: 8
    Options

You gotta think about the time it took they only needed to change one word for Moris to be reworked so that means they're looking for a new way to rework keys and I agree with what they've done I made it to rank 1 killer and survivor and moris just finish the game if you want what basically is a mori but better try using devour hope it grants you so much more plus its not as easy as 1 hook oh you're dead now I just simply don't want u in the game plus you can tunnel that which is bs and unfun on the killers side.

• MichaelAMyers
    MichaelAMyers Member Posts: 292
    Options

I agree with this post! #FreeTheMori

• Sinatyxmas
    Sinatyxmas Member Posts: 72
    Options

What do you mean by not being able to die after getting unhooked once for the rest of the game? Are you saying that killers shouldnt hook at all and slug? Because if thats the case, then NO. If im wrong please explain.

• Dpole3rd
    Dpole3rd Member Posts: 62
    Options

Keys aren't useful until a survivors is dead and we have 4 gens done Moris work off of 1 hook and a tunnel try again bro it makes it a whole lot easier than bringing a key

• maxkidd
    maxkidd Member Posts: 21
    Options

This is my main issue, freddy rework because hes "unfun" , ruin rework because its "unfun" pop gets nerfed because its "too powerful" and moris get nerfed yet for ######### years killers want a ds rework , totems to be less rng shitefest and for something to help balance out swf vs solo gameplay, or fix how half the new rosters iri addons are either garbage or outclassed by a brown/green, but no buy our grandma leatherface and ######### off.

• Outlaw64
    Outlaw64 Member Posts: 17
    Options

I would prefer that Ebony Mori allows a kill after a hook AND for each generator that is repaired. Repair one gen, then killer can mori one person who has been hooked and so on.

• Xavier22
    Xavier22 Member Posts: 160
    Options

Sorry that that they changed one of the most broken things in the game and now you can't mori off of first hook. Also if you payed any attention you would know that keys are getting nerfed as well. Also, I love when people say this game is survivor sided when the kill rate is 89% meaning only 11% of survivor escape. That's 1 survivor escaping in every 2/3 matches btw.

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321
    Options

K you say that with your pink add ons and spirits and freddy's that you can 4k easily with most of the time. Good grief lol.

• Calabrum
    Calabrum Member Posts: 102
    Options

Thats not a real statistic. If it is, then it needs to point out the percentage of dc's, hook suicides, and players that just throw the game in general. Btw, I could see this statistic at rank 20 but not rank 1.

• Felnex
    Felnex Member Posts: 334
    Options

DBD arguments in a nutshell is just "no you!"

Face it, the game is unfair by design. The difference is that keys actually require the game to progress past a certain point, while Moris have way more upfront power. They've removed the upfront power, so they're less powerful sure, but also less miserable to go against.

• Eynox
    Eynox Member Posts: 86
    Options

WoW.. nerf keys then. actually nerf all the pink items. What the hell is happening with this game.

• rglarson13
    rglarson13 Member Posts: 201
    Options

If the survivors all bring commodious toolboxes with brand new parts then it's essentially the same as the mori.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Heya devs! Instead of doing that, don't! Okay? We're cool? Great!

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options
  • wolfychu
    wolfychu Member Posts: 1
    Options

My guy what xD listen i hate the changes cause now i mori 1 dude and the whole game either quits or kills themselfs on hook and you can not tell me that salty survive with friends against a killer is not unfun for killer with gen rushing keys flashlights ds like i play survivor and killer alot but the survivors fastly overpower killers with there perks

• CalmBlitz
    CalmBlitz Member Posts: 1
    Options

Guys pls, if add ons like mori is getting nerfed then should toolboxes and definitely flashlights get nerfed.

• Melted_
    Melted_ Member Posts: 7
    Options

keys and the many multiple strong survivor perks aren't game breaking to you? because to me and most others, they are. I agree with the mori nerf, but they should've nerfed both moris and keys and stuff all at the same time. what the devs are doing is good, the pattern they're following, isn't.

• TheMikeOTR
    TheMikeOTR Member Posts: 62
    Options

I see

• Geondp
    Geondp Member Posts: 35
    Options

I just plan on face camping/tunneling people until struggle phase. Never used Mori really before, but now might as well play the way the DEVS want me to.

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287
    Options

They can play in a swf but they are right that moris killed the fun in every game

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

Ebony Moris were blatantly unfun to play against and to use. Glad they nerfed them tbh

• EleaticStranger
    EleaticStranger Member Posts: 81
    Options

I play killer and survivor. I think it's a great change. Keys are a problem, but I would prefer a nerf to exhaustion perks across-the-board as a balancing measure. I don't know what change would make sense but one Dead Hard can alter the outcome of a whole match and in that respect exhaustion perks are comparable to moris.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

Killer is suppose to be OP. U cannot compare like that.

• sterlingpipin
    sterlingpipin Member Posts: 10
    Options

Moris needed a change they were too strong and offered easy wins. While I dislike how they changed them; I wouldve wanted it to be where the killer has to hook every survivor once then they can kill. I digress before they got changed they were too easy to win with barley any thought process and didn't allow survivors to actually play the game.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

If four survivors somehow coordinate to collectively bring eight specific items and add-ons and then have the good luck to spawn in advantageous locations, together, and do what you're describing uninterrupted, it's equivalent to the killer's offering? That's the math you are proposing here?

• Kincccx
    Kincccx Member Posts: 3
    Options

Like you and your SWF team can’t bring 16 meta perks, a item and a some add ons

• Crewszpoo
    Crewszpoo Member Posts: 28
    Options

They should revert it back and add an offering for survivor that starts the match with a gen at 62.5 perscent and this offering should stack so of all 4 survivors throw it 2.5 gens are complete at the start of a match then it would be equal to a mori

• DoubleOhMark
    DoubleOhMark Member Posts: 11
    Options

Boohoo can't win without your precious mori. Literally THE most game breaking element with ZERO counter play. If you still want to be a POS then you can still just camp and tunnel them into 2nd hook and mori after that.

Yawn when people like you still think that keys are remotely similar. Keys require game progress. Mori just requires the killer to exercise his option to be a scumbag.

And because you have to qualify your opinion on this biased forum, I play both sides equally, only ever mori'd on Death hook and only really used key once in a blue moon with FUN swf for the laughs or achievements/challenges.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    Options

I do not support the linear way of playing this game is going, Killers shouldn't have to play one way and hooks shouldn't be the only way to die. yes it's still there but does it grant more points than hooking? is it adjusted to actually say you won instead of entity displeased?

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354
    Options

Killers have to participate in actual gameplay ect now and not just wait by a hooked survivor to get farmed for there unearned mori. Game is surely gone to hell no. Now I just wait for the survivor post when keys get changed so I can pretty much say the same thing 😂

• funkymonkey
    funkymonkey Member Posts: 32
    Options

If it's so boring to play then go do something else. You say about survivors having all these perks and forget that killers have the same amount of perk slots and also have weapons........ just because it takes a little longer to kill really isnt the end of the world.

I play killer and survivor and what you are complaining about really isnt as bad as you are saying for the killer.

It reads like you are a try hard, just play to have some fun, you know like the game is intended to be.

• elpoh
    elpoh Member Posts: 222
    edited December 2020
    Options

the change is good, they just need change the rarities to make the prices and spawn chances fair.

cypress common

ivory uncommon

ebony rare

then... make white&black wards ultrarare so there still are ultrarare offerings.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312
    Options

Dependent on mori's are we? No more doing matches in a quarter of the time. 8 hooks now instead of 4. I like it. Survivors can actually play a little before being killed. I didn't see a mori at all last night and It was nice.

On a different note, i noticed when I was playing killer that my wait times were much longer than usual. I started thinking that killer mains were switching to survivor, or just stop playing altogether because of the mori change.

• HexSmolPP
    HexSmolPP Member Posts: 62
    Options

This case is closed... OP literally said looping, body blocking, unbreakable, DS, Power Struggle etc need to go... Meaning he doesn't expect a Survivor to do anything but stand their for him... 😂 You want the only thing the Survivors have to get away from your tunneling ass gone?? It doesn't matter how many times you say BuT I DoNt PlAy ThAt WaY. We can literally tell all you do is tunnel and Mori on first hook. Time to get better at the game buttercup... Reality check!! Also I play both Survivor and Killer. I'd 3K or 4K majority the time without a Mori. It was an absolute Massacre when I'd bring a Mori. It needed changed the way it is now... Also saw you say a win to you is only 4King 😂 Imagine being that sweaty lol. So not only does this guy hate everything about the game on the Survivor side, he expects all 4 Survivors to stand their for him since he said looping and the crutch perks need to go hahaha. BTW, I use head-on/innerstrength/deception/quick & quiet... Before you go saying I use perks like DS 😂 Get off the forums and get better at the game, and I'm not saying it in a mean way. Literally read all OPs comments and you'll put together what I did quickly. You can tell this guy is a entitled Killer main.

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837
    Options

Dude, this is a good thing for Killers. It just forces you to get more points before your kill animation.

• killermainxd
    killermainxd Member Posts: 25
    Options

This ######### too funny 😂😂😂😂😂 cry more

• maxkidd
    maxkidd Member Posts: 21
    Options

So then survivors should stop bitching about slugging and camping as we have knock out and insidious so it's by design. Funny thing you even said some maps favor survivors or a specific killer which sums up this game in a nutshell. Play killer and you have a chance at a map that may or may not be good for you turning a just started match absolute crap or play survivor where a bad map is okay cause I can talk to my teammates and a great map is a ggez baby killer

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

I would argue with the design intention of a perk like Insidious, but there are at least team-wide counter-strategies for a killer who is camping. It may suck for one person to get camped, but on balance, it's not going to work out for the killer unless everyone else is bad.

And, map disadvantages are never insurmountable in the way that the old red mori usually was.

• supernovalil
    supernovalil Member Posts: 16
    Options

Aww, is the wittle entitled killer going to cry? How dare they make this game fun for both sides, outrageous! Dude..no..mega no, also keys exist as a little reward for the survivors, and hatch only spawns if you do gens, which they shouldn’t, remember? You’re a killer, patrol the gens and don’t let them get the gens done, there’s franklins already that you can use, it’s only fair, killers can win quickly with Mori’s and survivors can win quickly with keys, sorry that not everything is going accordingly to your little world lmao.

• Phoenixrebirth1
    Phoenixrebirth1 Member Posts: 21
    Options

Talk about change how about fix the way we struggle my joystick is broken because of it stupid idea to begin with plus it's useless because of all the hooks or just simply remove it all together