The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dedicated server is not responding; disconnecting...

Comments

• EasternSpock
    EasternSpock Member Posts: 48

Last day of event and bloodrush and my first match of the day ends like this. Getting harder and harder to remain a fan of this game. All I can do is keep expressing how disappointed I am. The game is close to being literally unplayable for anyone that has this issue and we've gotten no actual word on whether they even PLAN on fixing it. Completely ridiculous.

• DAMNFASTDEAD
    DAMNFASTDEAD Member Posts: 251

Same issue just now.

• inchant
    inchant Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Same issue, though it's worth mentioning that my game completely freezes, not responding, for a solid 30 seconds or so beforehand (sound continues to loop). Doesn't look like this is happening with everyone, but otherwise the same issue. By now I'm getting 24 hour bans...

Playing on Steam.

• whickedchainsaw
    whickedchainsaw Member Posts: 107

this is still happening

• EliskaMM
    EliskaMM Member Posts: 145

Same issue for Steam PC players.. It's getting frustrating...

• Lancestrike
    Lancestrike Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Ongoing issue still over the new BBQ event, had about 5-10 total dcs over the last week, sitting at a 15m timer.

No other game suffers stability issues, discord steam or any other program.

• warbledbd
    warbledbd Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2023

Been having this since the anniversary with zero luck in fixing it. Restarting the game doesn't fix it, it's not due to my internet connection either, and I've reinstalled DBD as well.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2023

same issue.. just happened to me now ... so far 30min penalty...

these penalties ..such a smart thing.. i mean ppl are disconecting anyway ... but for those who get penalties for this... so unfair

im on PC steam

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

This happened to me on PS4 after Sadako started spamming her teleport, I was disconnected with that error message and hit with a DC penalty. I made a bug report when it happened (https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/385213/ps4-dedicated-server-disconnected#latest).

Alot of times after a match when I try to leave the end game screen I get the loading screen like I'm returning to my lobby but instead it brings me back to the end game screen with that message and shows everyone having DC'd even if the match ended with no one DCing.

• Amaroq64
    Amaroq64 Member Posts: 109
    edited August 2023

I just got this. Wrecking tryhards as the hag (because I want her abilities), and then as soon as it looked like it was going south for them, boom, dedicated server not responding.

I just got the game several days ago, been playing sunup to sundown, this is the first time it's happened to me.

Though over the last couple of days, I have suddenly been getting "someone disconnected during loading" somewhat often too.

• BloodBird
    BloodBird Member Posts: 158

This is a new low for this company, BLAH BLAH BLAH PC PLAYERS GET IT TOO, WE ALL KNOW PS4 PLAYERS GET THIS **** 90% of the time, Screw You BHVR, 2 months of this crap.

• dramob
    dramob Member Posts: 6

I just posted my first match of the day against the singularity on RPD. I was healing a downed survivor with the made for this endurance and the healing completed, but the action continued for about 10 seconds. The tally screen showed the other 3 survivors had a score, all 5 showed the DC icon but only the killer and I had zero points. I received a 15 minute DC penalty with the dedicated server not responding message.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,399

I'm having connection issues on the PS5 again today. The 'Can't connect to party' issue.

• bravo37
    bravo37 Member Posts: 7

This hasn't gone away, 4 times in the past 2 days, support no help from ticket I put in a month ago regarding this. I've had hours of bans at this point, which is absolute bullshit.

What a ######### way to treat paying customers, to allow this problem to continue for as long if not longer than the life of this thread...

• rafaelhb
    rafaelhb Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2023

This happened to me yesterday and I got a penalty like it happens when someone disconnects :)

I play on PC on EU servers.

Not an Internet issue since my live stream keeps online without any loss. My comm on Discord continues as well.

Post edited by rafaelhb on
  • Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,514
    edited October 2023

I also have this sometimes.

Just had it on PS4 - i was already dead on my loading way to the menu - Dedicated server not responding and kicked back to game endscreen.

On Steam PC and PS4.

Don´t seem to be a problem on my side as the matches before and after these disconnects play fine.

Post edited by Marc_123 on
  • OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,625

I am having the same problem too, started in the last three days. On steam PC.

• Farya
    Farya Member Posts: 94
    edited October 2023

Same is happening to me from time to time. I am lucky it didn't happen so much that I got a 72 hours ban yet, but I heard of people getting these. For me, it is in maybe 1 out of 20 matches.

Just a few minutes ago, I had a wonderful match where everyone participated in the event, threw offerings and so on. It was a very long match. I would have got LOTS of bloodpoints, but shortly after the fifth gen was done, it just threw me out. That's really a sad waste of time 😐️

At least I was the Survivor this time, so I hope the other players at least finished the match. It happens when I play killer sometimes as well and I guess if that happens, it's game over for all five players.

I don't understand why they at least not make it so that the penalty isn't that much. At least for the time until this is getting fixed. Could go back to normal after issue is fixed.

I would be happy to see a maximum penalty of 15 minutes, as long as this "bug" is still around. But still, wasted time and BP can't be refunded I guess.

• OrangeBear

Okay so i flushed my "DNS Resolver Cache" and i unplugged my router for a minute or so and it seems to be fixed now. I followed the steps in this official article : Network Troubleshooting – Dead by Daylight

I will post if the fix stops working for me but it seems like it has already improved at least.

If you are on consoles, i believe flushing the cache is possible, i know it is on ps5 via accessing the safe mode so i recommend searching up on how to do that.

• rysm
    rysm Member Posts: 249

Happened to me on The Game map when I was about to hook save. Lost all my BPs for the match, lost my progress towards my tome challenge AND i got a DC penalty. Everyone in the lobby showed as DCd but only me and the killer showed up as having 0BP at the end screen

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 482

Love to have this happen just as I was about to get my last game done for the "tough stuff" challenge, now I have to play another 10 games against toxic killers and toxic teammates that lead killers to me instantly in hopes that I'll get that challenge done. Fix your game or move to a different cloud provider if they're the issue.

• MakeThemScream
    MakeThemScream Member Posts: 64

This just happened to me, lost all progress for the selected (and completed) Halloween-Tome Challenge.

Platform: steam

• MakeThemScream
    MakeThemScream Member Posts: 64

Same thing for me, even with the penalty.

Platform: Steam

• OrangeBear

Never mind, it just happened to me as killer. Not fixed.

• Marc_123

Just happened first game on PS4 today.

Freddy - near the end of match, daily + 1 challenge done. Really annoying.

Games after that went normal.

• ingis84
    ingis84 Member Posts: 10

This is the 3rd time tonight this happened and I keep getting a match making ban. I'm up to 15 mins now. This is bs and not fair. I am NOT disconnecting, Shouldn't the system be able to tell when its a legit DC? I play on ps5 with a wired connection. It happened 1 killer match and 2 survivor matches (not in a row, a few matches in between each). I'm afraid to play now because I don't want the ban time to grow any larger. This last match I went in to unhook a jane on Badham and the game froze as i was unhooking then bam black screen. I saw that 15 minute timer and shut off the game. Not taking any chances. I was going to take a break for a few days to make sure my unwarranted ban timer goes away, but seeing the dates on this report going back so far are making me feel uneasy and very disappointed.

• Marc_123

Just happened while loading into the match... on Steam PC.

• Dannyj
    Dannyj Member Posts: 39

I had this happen as well and also have the error : grade progession error.

Not sure if the two are related but ...

• Blinckx
    Blinckx Member Posts: 426

3 times in a row, not sure if we're back with the Ddos attack or if servers are crap but it's a big issue

• rafaelhb
    rafaelhb Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2023

Just in case a mod or a dev needs it, I'm attaching a log here.

First match of the day I got a DC already. EU server + Steam version.

Playing and live streaming, the stream is quite stable, so it's not an Internet issue.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PoorWrongFlamingoCoolCat-F9uBK8e9PCTUFYI-

At least I got no penalty this time though.

Post edited by rafaelhb on
  • Barnes
    Barnes Member Posts: 6

Encountered this issue right after the final gen was finished. All survivors and the killer start infinitely walking or running in place and everything essentially freezes or loops until you get kicked out of the game with this error message.

• larzanthony
    larzanthony Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3

Also happens on pc. This has happened twice in a row now. Annoying as hell and probably getting no compensation.

• sleepy_knight
    sleepy_knight Member Posts: 114

Can we please at least not get a dc penalty when this message pops up? Thanks to this, I have a 15 minute wait time (happened twice today and I had a legit dc due to electricity going out). It's really annoying and I can't do anything to fix it on my end.

If the servers can't handle the event player count then remove the dc penalty. We have the bots anyway for survivor dcs.

• Lexxendary
    Lexxendary Member Posts: 3

It's happening constantly to me as well on PS5. I can barely play any matches fully the past few days, it is horrible!

It happened once as survivor when a Myers did a mori on me and multiple times as killer (Clown, Dredge, Xeno) when using their abilities or downing survivors.

And why the hell am I punished with a 1m matchmaking block, losing my items/addons and not winning ANY bloodpoints?! I'm not even sure if it all the players in the session get disconnected and get just as ounished as I am.

I just joined this game less than a month ago and I hate the state of these servers.

• Matha
    Matha Member Posts: 8

Happening to me, 4 times today, only on killer when I have a good game. Idk if it is a bug exploit but it ends the trial with only me getting zero BPs.

• Ardrillin
    Ardrillin Member Posts: 28

BUMP this just happened to me today on Ghostface US Central Had an anonymous Jane that I downed and carried to hook only to get lagged out and penalty boxed. Why?

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937

I see this all the time. If there are no plans to fix the servers, kindly remove the DC penalty for this.

If neither is possible, then that's depressing.

• eisenbuns
    eisenbuns Member Posts: 99

The way that there are CLEAR waves of this happening (i.e. this thread and the other one being revived all at once with a chorus of people saying "This is happening to me!") and BHVR is having their mods decline new threads on the grounds of "it's a technical issue". It's just appalling, honestly. I cannot stress enough how clear it is that this is an ongoing instability issue with their servers that they will not own up to, despite the previous thread being marked as an acknowledged issue.

• Lexxendary

It keeps happening and I see no comment, no reaction from BHVR, nothing!

I keep seeing posts on this forum and on reddit of people having the same issue and nothing!

More than 50% of the matches I play as killer end up in disconnection near the end, now also happening without using any of the killer's powers.

My paranoia tells me it's exploits as almost all happen when getting kills/winning so I report them as well. But I'm never sure and we get no explanation.

I lose HOURS needlessly without getting any rewards, only losing items and getting matchmaking ban.

• theoracle44
    theoracle44 Member Posts: 47

I'm sick of this. Getting disconnected with a penalty and getting unplayable lag when that doesn't happen. This issue has ruined the event for me. This should be fixed as a matter of urgency.

• motiRobot
    motiRobot Member Posts: 20

I want to hear a clear answer of the administration about this problem

• OrangeBear

Me too. It feels like they are being so avoidant about the issue. I have tried to get Mandy's attention and she has not responded to me at all but has responded to other posts. It feels really bad especially considering how much time and money i have invested in this game.

• BH_Orca
    BH_Orca Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3

Literally haven't been able to play the event because of this issue. They claimed they fixed it last patch but it straight up got worse for me, now about half of my matches are ending in a server not responding. At this point, I don't think I'll be able to finish the tome.

• Lexxendary

I also confirm that the issue is STILL PRESENT on PS5.

Happened twice as killer and twice as survivor. It barely ever happened before when I was a survivor.

All these 4 times happened in long matches, near the end, which makes it most frustrating! Lost all items/addons, 1 minute matchmaking ban and 0 BP.

• OrangeBear

Happened to me again as well. I thought changing graphics to medium fixed it but it happened again. Banned for 24hrs... can't even take part in the bloodhunt.

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,589

Hello, anyone experiencing this on PC: can you please upload your log?

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,589
    edited October 2023

Screenshots of specific disconnection messages would be appreciated from all platforms.

• Foempticol
    Foempticol Member Posts: 232
    edited October 2023

24 hours is crazy, the matchmaking ban time needs to be reduced significantly, especially now that we have bots

This discussion has been closed.