BHVR expect us to wait for years for QoL changes

Options
2»

Comments

• Raconteurminator
    Raconteurminator Member Posts: 617
    edited December 2023
    Options

Windows of Opportunity/Lithe may indeed lead to a higher escape rate (citation needed), however, it also isn't directly the cause of everyone else dying. I'll wager that no Killer ever has gone, "Hmm, Lithe. I guess I'd better not chase them again." I know I've never done that, nor has any Killer in any game I've ever had.

Killers will, however, say to themselves, "Two people are running excessive stealth perks, I've not even seen them yet, so I'd better put extra focus on who I can find." If you're not being chased, someone else is taking your chases. If you're never getting hooked because you're hiding all game, someone else is taking your hooks and dying. People with Windows/Lithe are at least starting chases and drawing heat from the Killer.

Distortion essentially forces Killers to tunnel even if they don't want to tunnel or forces Survivors to run a perk they might not want to because Blendettes are costing them games on the regular. I don't think, "Oh, everyone can use this perk and we'll all crab-walk around the map and drag the game out for an inordinate period of time" is the answer to excessive stealth, much like how setting your house on fire isn't the solution to your house being on fire.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,876
    Options

If they were as strong, everyone would use them. They would be the meta all survivors (and then there would be no problem anyway) but they are not, only 10% use Distortion, and even less are using CS.

( Source - https://nightlight.gg )

I disagree, windows is so strong because if people run from loop to loop killer eventually give up and find someone else, becuase they cant catch you.

Also exaustion perks like sprint burst do have the effect you mention, killers give up chases because they know they will have to spend too much time on them and someone else is getting chased. Also adrenaline is the direct cause someone else is getting chased.

Not to mention the effect of 2 people with flashlights.

And for the 3rd time -  everyone are free to use Distortion if they have trouble with survival, no one stops them, if they choose not to do so, its a choice they made.

Perks like Gearhead and Nurses calling burns through Distortion really fast, just to mention two.

You could also use perks like Discordance or Tinkerer to find people fast.

So If you cant find people because of disortion, its on you.

But hey, lets remove Lightborn and Iron Grasp, its impossible to save people from the killers with those perks, and Sloppy butcher, survivors dont have a chance to get healed up - its a tunneling perk. (this is Sarcasm to show a point btw.)

• averagemikaelamain
    averagemikaelamain Member Posts: 286
    Options

Perhaps..and I'm just spitballing here..the reason why people don't want to play with "solo" builds because they encourage unhealthy,unaltruistic gameplay and should be looked at? Just a thought.

Either way,if this the reasoning why perk loadouts won't come to core... Lol. I've already stopped playing since Chucky dropped but y'all are making it your goal to see players not return. Hell even Otz isn't behind this "we'll make QoL changes in the next decade or so"... jesus christ way to be out of touch.

• averagemikaelamain
    averagemikaelamain Member Posts: 286
    Options

No eruption also got nerfed because being incapacitated for half a minute with no warning is idiotic design.

• kit_mason
    kit_mason Member Posts: 255
    Options

I mean, are these builds not disliked for a reason?

Three Distorts make you a tunnel target, No Mither puts you at a grave disadvantage and against killers like Oni can entirely ruin your chances at survival, and Solo Survivors mean pushing a 3v1 from the start.

Fundamentally, if these builds are getting dodged, is that not a sign that those builds and perks are not constructive to you winning or losing as a team, and that they should be changed in some way?

• Raconteurminator
    edited December 2023
    Options

It's not about strength, though popular doesn't always mean strong and unpopular doesn't always mean weak. It's about forcing a stale game-state, it's about your team-mates having to run perks because your choice of perks and play-style are negatively impacting their game experience and harming the team overall. It's about Killers having to run perks to counter the fact that you're refusing to participate in normal game-play as much as humanly possible. So yes, if it became meta, it would be a problem, because every game would become massively tedious for everyone involved and would lead to the game being unplayble without 100% of players running the exact same required perks.

Your false equivalency isn't proving anything. Flashlights are nothing like people hiding all game and painting a target on everyone else by refusing to participate as much as possible. Lightborn doesn't discourage you from participating in chases, body-blocking, drawing aggro, etc. By its very nature, with a stealth build, you're going to be avoiding those things as much as possible, increasing the pressure on the rest of your team significantly. If you're not taking chases, hooks or body-blocking, you're a dead-weight to your team.

With exhaustion perks, chases still happen, aggro is still drawn, participation still occurs and other team-mates have a chance to recover. Abandoning a chase because someone uses an exhaustion perk in an advantageous area doesn't mean Killers will choose to never chase those people again under any circumstances. That Survivor is still actively participating and taking some of the strain for their team. It is not the same as never being able to find someone and having to go after more visible players more often, or being targeted more often because of the selfish, non-participatory play-style of your own team-mates.

There's a difference between perks and items limiting particular instances of how the player participates and interacts with others and reducing your own participation and interaction to almost zero, much to the detriment of your own team.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,843
    Options

Pain Res is a buff 1-6 hooks, and a nerf 7-12 hooks. At 6 hooks you either have 2/2/1/1, which means you have 2 death hook Survs, or 3/1/1/1, which means you have essentially won since you are in a 3v1. 3v1 is so stacked in the Killers favor, and both scenarios if it isn't possible to win as Killer then old PR wasn't giving you anymore regression.

DMS got temporarily nerfed to not work with PR, but it near immediately got rebuffed to work with it again. PR and Merciless was apparently too 'oppressive' so they instead brought back the problem child combo. (That isn't even bringing up UW combined with it now.)

Pop is also arguably a buff, as it rewards good usage more, and penalizes bad usage. Kicking a 25% gen instead of taking a chase is most often the foolish move, and the shift in Pop's strength accentuates that. Pop is stronger anytime the 4th piston is active, so that means any time someone has a gen ~67-89s completed. That means when you hook and pop it, the Survivors will likely foolishly rush for that gen in a sunk-cost fallacy train of thought instead of healing, causing an easier down+hook+rePop. Easy snowballs into easy victories (at least in most of my games).

CoBruption(+OC) was busted beyond belief, as a spacebar was the only thing needed to win matches. Even then, Eruption still deals 10% max regression per gen kicked, which means you can easily hit 2-3 gens for a better PR/Pop, and know if they plan on sticking to the gen or leaving it due to the aura.

Corrupt is fair to say it got nerfed, but that needs to be measured in comparison to what Survivor got nerfed. DS dropping to 3s near deleted the perk, DH getting nearly deleted similarly, and old CoH was nearly a SWF free win just as CoBruption+OC was for Killer.

NOED I feel is a mixed bag however. It causes people to stay and risk a cleanse or unhook, which often leads to 2-3 extra kills beyond the person already on hook. At the same time, it makes it possible to find and cleanse it in a timely manner to potentially get a 4 escape. Since it can shift 1ks to 0ks or 4ks (and everywhere in-between), I'd say it mostly shifts it in favor of Killer gaining up to 3 at the cost of potentially losing up to 1. +3-1 is still net +2.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,442
    edited December 2023
    Options

Personally I love the way everyone complains that the game is buggy, and breaks with every update, and always throws out the 'spaghetti code' insult like its nothing, and yet will also demand a feature be implemented quickly and get really mad about it not being at the front of the list.

People have been playing soloQ for years without this viewing loadouts feature... why all of a sudden is everyone so mad about it? It's not enough that BHVR confirm they are considering such a feature?

It's almost like BHVR have started listening to player feedback, and now suddenly everyone feels like they're owed something, and can make demands as they see fit.

• Unknown2765
    Options

It's not about strength, though popular doesn't always mean strong and unpopular doesn't always mean weak. It's about forcing a stale game-state, it's about your team-mates having to run perks because your choice of perks and play-style are negatively impacting their game experience and harming the team overall. It's about Killers having to run perks to counter the fact that you're refusing to participate in normal game-play as much as humanly possible. So yes, if it became meta, it would be a problem, because every game would become massively tedious for everyone involved and would lead to the game being unplayble without 100% of players running the exact same required perks.

1. Hide and seek is a part of normal gameplay. Because you dont like it dosnt mean its not a part of the game. When i was a killer main i found hide and seek games a lot more interresting than constant looping.
    2. I would argue that exaustion perks do exactly as you say, hammering the team - for people who are not as good loopers as others.
    3. As i said, if you cant find the players because if Distortion then its on you, perhaps you should look inwards instead of pushing blame for your own mistakes onto someone else?? because that is what you are doing right now. - I will not make a build for you, but i already gave you 2 perks that could circumvent it.
    4. As already i metioned 3 times already, and you choose to ignore all 3 times, everyone can choose to run the perk, if not running it gives them a problem, its their own fault (puching blame once again here).

With exhaustion perks, chases still happen, aggro is still drawn, participation still occurs and other team-mates have a chance to recover. Abandoning a chase because someone uses an exhaustion perk in an advantageous area doesn't mean Killers will choose to never chase those people again under any circumstances. That Survivor is still actively participating and taking some of the strain for their team. It is not the same as never being able to find someone and having to go after more visible players more often, or being targeted more often because of the selfish, non-participatory play-style of your own team-mates.

Chases also still aggro while people use Distortion lol, what kind of false claim is it that they dont?? i think i die 50%-75% of my games with Distortion.

When i ran Sprint Burst i could avoid a lot of chases, killer simply found someone else, so what is your point exactly? also again, stop pushing blame.

• Unknown2765
    Options

- Changes are as i described, why dont you look it up before arguing it is not?

With the old PR one survivor hooked 3 times could give 45% regression if you hooked them 3 times, thats 180% in total, New PR is 25% for one survivor with a total at 100%, thats 80% more regression with the old one.

Old

New

DMS dont work with PR now. - Go test it, i did because i thought it did, you have to manually push people off gens.

Old

New

Now im not posting the rest, look it up here : https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Unique_Killer_Perks

• Raconteurminator
    edited December 2023
    Options
    1. Hide and seek hasn't been part of normal game-play for a long time, especially not to such an extreme extent.
    2. You could argue that, but it would also be a very poor argument, as you've evidenced by your less than brilliant attempts to argue it. Exhaustion perks do exactly the same as Distortion, "hammer the team"? Because some people aren't as good at looping as others? If you're making the exact same argument as me (your words, not mine), but for Exhaustion perks, and I'm pushing blame...
    3. Did I say I had problems? I was talking about the game-state as a whole. Attempting to establish superiority by misrepresenting me won't get you anywhere. Get off your high horse. Hilariously, this is also more of the "blame pushing" you're fond of accusing me of.
    4. No, I chose to ignore you twice. I addressed that point the first time. If the game-state becomes stale, unfun and anti-participatory, more people doing the thing that caused that game-state won't make it better.

Chases also still aggro while people use Distortion lol, what kind of false claim is it that they don't?? i think i die 50%-75% of my games with Distortion

And what kind of sentence was that? I'll respond to the bit that makes sense to me. You die in 50-75% percent of your Distortion games. This implies you have a higher win-rate when you're not using Distortion, also implying Distortion to be the cause of your increased losses. I will speculate that it's because it forces even Killers that don't want to tunnel to do exactly that. Your team-mates die because of the increased aggro while you hide and do gens; avoiding chases, avoiding hooks, avoiding interacting with the Killer. There is then nothing to stop that Killer from devoting the required time to find you. Like I said, pure speculation, but this is what makes the most sense to me.

When i ran Sprint Burst i could avoid a lot of chases, killer simply found someone else, so what is your point exactly? also again, stop pushing blame.

I already addressed this. "Abandoning a chase because someone uses an exhaustion perk in an advantageous area doesn't mean Killers will choose to never chase those people again under any circumstances. That Survivor is still actively participating and taking some of the strain for their team. It is not the same as never being able to find someone and having to go after more visible players more often, or being targeted more often because of the selfish, non-participatory play-style of your own team-mates."

You accuse me of pushing blame, yet your main response has essentially been, "lol if they don't want to get tunnelled because I'm hiding, they can run the same perks!" or, "If you have an issue with this, you're bad." What's that if not pushing blame? You're accusing me of what you yourself are doing. Ignoring what I've said, ignoring the points I've made while accusing me of ignoring the things you've said, accusing me of "blame pushing" while doing the exact same thing, etc. None of this makes for a great conversation I'm afraid. It's deeply, profoundly tiring and, if you're not going to stop it, then this conversation should stop.

• mizark3
    Options

If a Killer is tunneling out a Survivor and needs the extra help, I'm sorry but that has no need to be supported. The act of tunneling in and of itself is such a free win against soloq lobbies that I assume the Killer player has enough self-respect to at least attempt to spread hooks to express their skill instead of taking the easy low hanging fruit.

With a self-respecting player in mind, everything I said regarding PR stands true. Apologies for not clarifying self-respect among all players. I believed that was covered in the '3v1 is a free win' styled statement, as that would cover the unmentioned 3/3/0/0 and 3/2/1/0 '6 hook' cases.

Old PR vs new PR would stand to be (bolded for better) 15/30/45/60/75/90/105/120/135/150/165/180 | 25/50/75/100/(2 more 100s)/(6 more 100s). Like I said, better 1-6 hooks, worse 7-12. If you need gen regression on the 10th-12th hook... well I just don't know what game you are playing. If a Killer needs gen regression in 3v1 (attainable with the current 3/1/1/1 6 hook spread, or attainable as the 7th hook from a 2/2/1/1 spread), then I'm afraid their skill is so lacking that words and tutorials cannot help them, without them putting in a Doctorate level of work put in.

As far as DMS, I stayed on the gen in a soloq game earlier this week when PR procced and DMS activated (more accurately it was the first hook of the match, so I always test staying on the gen to gauge the Killer's perks). So I tested it, and it worked. I don't know if it is bugged to work in this event patch, or you are unaware that people can let go before the hook (which people did before it got nerfed from 45->30s, and still do if they care to try hard enough).

Also with DMS it appears we are talking different 'old'. 3.6 DMS that you linked is also arguably weaker than the current version since it only worked on Obsession being hooked. I was talking about the 5.5 DMS that you omitted, because I believed this conversation to be the immediate rough past changes, and only using old Moris as an extreme example. (Strangely not met with old Keys/Hatch for comparison as well, as they were both majorly planned to be nerfed in the same announcement [but knowing BHVR that means it takes at least a year aka 4.4.1 Mori and 5.3 Hatch nerfs respectively].)

The only reason PR didn't work with DMS was, as I alluded to in the prior post, PR lost the scream feature. Once the scream feature of PR was brought back in (because of the Merciless Storm+PR combo), it re-enabled PR+DMS, negating the entire purpose of the removal of the scream in the first place.

• Unknown2765
    Options

I disagree with you on every argument you come with and i really dont hope bhvr listen to your arguments, i die more with out distortion and if they removed it, it would mean i would have to stop playing.

I will not waste time on a big argument this time.

Lets just agree to disagree.

• Unknown2765
    Options

I dont think i understand your math, there are not 2 more 100's ... it only have 4 tokens, meaning it can max give 4x 25%

If you want we can try and test DMS in a custom together ?

As for 3v1, it depends on the gen situation.. at 5 gens sure, perhaps 4 also. 3 gens and less i would say survivors still have a good chance.

Yeah, you are right with the Obsession. I cant remember if i used to pair it with nemisis or some other perk to change Obsession.

• mizark3
    Options

When I say 2 more 100s, those were bolded, to indicate they are the total regressed value, and the bold to show still higher than 15 per hook. The 6 more 100s are unbolded, so they are less than the 105+. I was trying to be space efficient instead of typing

'25/50/75/100/100/100/100/100/100/100/100/100' - The number is the total regression the perk granted compared to

'15/30/45/60 /75 /90 /105/120/135/150/165/180' - Being old PR's total regression numbers.

Essentially what I am saying regarding PR is that you get regression during the point where Killer is weakest and in most need of regression, the start. The fewer Survivors, the lower the chance of anyone getting out.

3v1 in general means Surv 4 is dead. If Surv 1 gets hooked, then Surv 2 has to attempt a rescue while Surv 3 is in chase. That leaves no Survivors to repair gens, which makes it a death spiral for Surv team. If Survs 1&2 attempt to pump gens instead of heal post-hook, then they also risk going down all the quicker if the Killer drops chase on Surv 3. Also they likely will have ~2-3 gens remaining at that time, which means they need a hefty chunk of time to not be forced to rescue Surv 3 when they inevitably go down in chase (assuming the Killer didn't swap to chase Surv 1 or 2).

As far as DMS custom lobby, I don't care enough to test. If I'm wrong so be it, and we can drop it in this thread under the assumption you are correct. I am fairly certain PR can DMS combo, but I won't bring it up again, as it isn't the focal point of my posts.

The point of my original post was that most of the listed 'nerfed' Killer perks had their strength shifted, and when playing into the new strengths they are (imo) stronger than before. I would easily take Ruin/DS/Calm Spirit/Thana to all be their pre-6.1 forms, although I personally prefer Pop and PR's current iterations. I have been consistent in saying (most of) the perk nerfs in 6.1 were mostly bad/misguided, especially since they all encouraged healthier gameplay.

• Unknown2765
    Options

I think i see what you mean, but the new PR is like this '25/50/75/100' now the 4 tokens are used and the hooks dont do anything after the 4th hook.

• adaw0ng
    adaw0ng Member Posts: 671
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hey Mandy,

I understand what you mean with the dodging problem, but don’t you think that maybe such selfish perks should be looked into to begin with? These players don’t plan on going team oriented, so why punish people that want to play as a team just because you want to reward selfish people with no team mentality? The amount of players that would get a more team oriented playstyle and would synchronise their perks with each other outweights those who just want to play with themselves in a corner or from locker to locker. And about this issue aw well… There are already perks that counter each other withing the same team (Inner Strength Vs Boon totem perks), and in the future there will probably be more of these and will push back ideas for new perks or reworked perks that could be amazing and fun. Can the dev team really not see the enormous problem that limiting this kind of information is causing to the game and playerbase (solo Q one in this case mainly)?

Please… Really reconsider a lot of things and try to get a new approach in regards of solo Q mainly and how to push it the closest to Swf level with in-game tools such as the loadout being shown to team mates. I am very concerned and worried for the direction and effect this game is getting (especially after the last unfortunate AMA)… Feels like the priorities are twisted in order, at least we as players feel that way.

I hope I was respectful with this comment, and my point was well understood, and if it was not I really apologise beforehand.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,572
    Options
  • adaw0ng
    Options

The people in this thread and on social media that we are sharing the same point of view. Don’t worry, next time I will add “not Dead by Daylight forum user Smoe tho” at the end.

• adaw0ng
    Options

exactly! Punishing team oriented people because they want to protect selfish players is an awful look and perspective to give to a team based game. Just rework these hated perks into something that feels better to play with within a team.

• Smoe
    edited December 2023
    Options

Except i ain't the only person who don't want it, mainly because it exactly is going to lead to more dodging or dcing depending on where you put the information, you already have people who dodge others based on their prestige, uses anon mode or if they get a map or killer they don't like, not to mention you already have people who have vocally expressed that they're going to dodge others who runs any meme builds or any perks that aren't meta.

Also the only people who's going to benefit from it is SWF, as most solo players will most likely not bother synchronizing their perks with others or just utilizing the feature in general.

• adaw0ng
    Options

… how are swf going to benefit from it? They already know each other’s loadout LMAO. It’s a solo Q QOL improvement to know each other’s loadout. This feature will change nothing about swf.

• Smoe
    edited December 2023
    Options

Most solo q players will not care about it because team play comes as 2nd or no priority to them, the people that focuses on team play are for the most part are swf and sweaty tryhards.

and again, since people already dodges others because of the other reasons i mentioned before, people are also going to start dodging others over the perks they run just as much, which in return is just gonna cause more backfill lobbies to occur and thus worse games for more people, to pretend otherwise is naive.

Anyone running anything that isn't considered meta are gonna have a harder time finding any games.

• adaw0ng
    Options

Fair enough I guess, even though with the current status of the game making selfish playstyles as rewarding as they are is harming the situation of solo queue and more and more frustrations are rising. Isn’t the argument of the existence of perks countering each other within a team good enough of an argument still though and enough reason to reconsider adding this at a closer time period? It will also affect creativity for design of new perks. Nobody wants to play survivor if they possibility of your own team mates countering your perks is there (happens already with Inner Strength and Boons). I see it very counter productive, imo.

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,255
    edited December 2023
    Options
    • Auras of survivors rendered on top of anything else / different color so they don't get occluded by other things like gens.
    • Hook counter on HUD so we don't have to memorize who we hooked and how many times.
    • AFC bar when on range of a hook, so we don't have to wonder if we are granting a free unhook unintentionally (also for survivors, so they don't have to wonder if their teammates is getting face camped or they should go for a save).
    • Visual status effects both on gens and survivors so we don't have to guess if that survivor that supposedly was exposed still is or survivors having to wonder if that gen lost so much progress because it was affected by CoB (seriously, you guys made a whole effect for someone carrying snowballs and not for buffs / debuffs?).
    • Seeing if survivors are in SWF on lobby and how many (e.g. if two teams of two) to know what to expect in the game.
    • Toggleable Aim Assist (or Aim Dressing, or however you want to call it) so we can decide if it benefit us or we just want to not be forced to miss hits.
    • Crosshairs / 3D space prediction arcs / landing marks (a la Singularity) for ranged killers so we don't have to build muscle memory to know where our hatchets / knifes go.
    • Smaller and less intrusive loud notifications, specially when gens get done and on unhook so we can see where survivors go next without them being hided by the icon.
    • Offerings shared between killers (also for survivors) so we can use our puddings with whatever killer we want and not who RNGesus decide to give them to.
    • Some way to interchange addons for others even if it requires enormous quantities, so we don't pile up hundreds or thousands of that addon we will never use (also for survivor's item addons).
    • Louder survivor's steps, so they doesn't get silenced by chase music or ambient sounds (or vice versa, quieter chase music and ambient sounds) so we can use them to locate survivors just like the in game tip told us.
    • Change some SFX so they don't sound exactly like survivors steps (from memory, fire barrels and Freddy's own steps) for the exact same reason.
    • Allow us to disconnect at the EGC without penalty, so we are not forced to wait 2 minutes because survivors want to tbag in our faces.
    • Other things that can be consider more balance than QoL, like less perks telling survivors exactly what and how (Dissolution not showing in their HUD the moment it gets activated, for example), a blind cooldown so we can't get double blinded or a rework of the Hex mechanic so they doesn't get cleaned 14 seconds after starting the match.
    Post edited by Batusalen on
  • Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862
    edited December 2023
    Options

When I use no mither, I literally just want to have a good time and feel more pressure in a horror game. Besides, when I play no mither I'm not selfish at all. When it comes down to it, I'll literally take a down for a tunneled person on death hook always. Now of course, there are some ppl that will not do the same for me because of that mindset that I'm throwing for having no mither and they hate me for having it on. Which is tragic and also a reason I don't want ppl to see my load out at times in the lobby to dodge me.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,364
    edited December 2023
    Options

We aren't asking for players to be forced into a specific playstyle, like "super altruistic and must help others whenever possible". We're just asking for BHVR to do something about the specific selfish playstyle that is frustrating for both sides of the game. There should be a difference here.

For example, discouraging killers from facecamping didn't force them into a specific playstyle, and instead just discouraged a specific playstyle that was a problem. Similarly, adding a 3 gen solution to the game won't force killers into a specific playstyle.

(Editing this post to add the next part…)

Also, if overly selfish behavior can’t be fixed because it’s a core game element, then maybe the core game element is outdated and needs to be fixed. Solo q will never feel like a team, as long as BHVR encourages survivors to be as selfish as possible, especially when their selfish behavior can arguably be considered sandbagging their team.

And I think there should be a difference between survivors that think a game is going poorly, so they want to prioritize themselves….. and survivors that are literally planning to be super selfish before the game starts.

Post edited by Coffeecrashing on
  • adaw0ng
    edited December 2023
    Options

Exactly this. Also selfish and hidey playstyle could not be a problem before when there was arguably not even a winning condition, mmr wasn’t a thing, and yada yada yada… Like how is the idea of good team oriented players dying and losing mmr (therefore eventually meeting killers that won’t be ready for that) and survivors who choose to hide with builds that completely validate that and allow it effectively to raise their mmr? It feels like a joke. The game has changed a lot in numbers, winning condition and viable strategies with the addition of perks that defeat playstyles, others that reinforces them, etc, new killers, new maps… Just add the hide and seek mode for players who want to play like that, but trying to push selfish me-do-nothing-me-hide-me-takes-hatch-and-win style is… disappointing to say the least.

I am so disappointed with the recent takes and information shared by devs about the game on Reddit. Like some content creators said it feels like there is no ambition to make the game smoother and it takes years to make the smallest move and more years to tweak said move because they got the wrong approach… So stale and slow. Like how are permanent broken hooks after a sacrifice a thing to make it so a survivor could not be hooked still a thing 2 weeks away from 2024? How is it that you can’t see your team’s builds to synergise well all be on the same page (add queue up restriction like Overwatch just did if you leave too many lobbies in a row. Every pvp game has this, DbD needs it too)? Why is the chance of cornering a survivor as killer and holding them hostage until the server closes still a thing? 6 years to change Dead Hard and 4 to change Blight addons? Lack of ambition to make the game better and poor order of priorities, and as a player it’s so sad to see.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,480
    Options

I thikn the whole purpose of the chase music is to cover up survivor noises, being steps, grunts of pain or whatever, so that would be a lot more than quality of life... ^^

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,255
    edited December 2023
    Options

You are right, that would be being able to play the game without it taking away one of my senses artificially so I can locate my targets better, which would be super premium quality of life!...

Now seriously, I don't think it would make that much of a difference except cases when many sounds overlap each other (like reworked Red Forest on launch... my entity, I couldn't even hear my own thoughts in that map) where is virtually impossible to distinguish a burning barrel from a survivor running. You also have to take in count killers should many times lost line of sight with a survivor to mindgame thanks to that red light we unwantingly have attached to our heads, so it would be nice if you can rely on sound in those cases.

• Unknown2765
    edited December 2023
    Options

z

• saintjimmy456
    saintjimmy456 Member Posts: 185
    Options

It took them almost 8 years to think of adding emblems and banners. Big meaningful updates will probably take decades.

• adaw0ng
    Options

I’m happy my future sons and daughters will get to see their team mates perks in the lobby. So excited for them!

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,480
    Options

I mean yeah sure, but I guess it won't happen since they created the chase themes basically just for that goal ^^ And it would be quite the big buff to spirit tbh, even bad players could perform a lot better with her.

• pale_hispanic
    pale_hispanic Member Posts: 149
    Options

If lobby-dodging dodging is seen as an issue, then can we get a feature that punishes players who do it excessively? It would allow for this feature to exist and be a great improvement for lobby times, especially for new players who get dodged frequently anyways.